Muse - Hysteria (DKC cover + lip-sync test)

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Muse - Hysteria (DKC cover + lip-sync test)

Postby sonosublime » July 25th, 2014, 3:57 am

Hi all,

This is a silly little thing I made mainly to test the lip-syncing capabilities of some DKC models I've gotten a hold of. I'm trying to decide whether to use voice acting in future videos or not. Let me know what you think of Funky's radical singing, and thanks.

(PS. how do I get that youtube forum feature working?)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Re: Muse - Hysteria (DKC cover + lip-sync test)

Postby Qyzbud » July 25th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Well now, that's totally badass. B/

Apart from the movements being rather robotic, I'd say you've done a masterful job of bringing those models to life. :)

Some critique:

• Funky's singing is pretty cool, and the lip-syncing is passable, but could certainly use some refinement and 'character'.
  • Is it just me, or is there a significant size difference between DK and Funky? Judging by Dixie's apparent size, I would say Funky needs to be scaled up a bit.
  • To avoid confusion, I'd call this something other than a "cover"; my understanding of a cover is that it denotes a new rendition of the audio itself, rather than just a new video accompaniment. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Nicely done, anyhow! :funky:

P.S. There's a YouTube embed guide on the Forum Features board, but basically it'd be like this: [youtube]kAwqtSJW7Fg[/youtube]. Remember, there's a 'tool tip' that explains how each BBCode works if you hover your mouse over the relevant button/option.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby sonosublime » July 28th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Why thank you Qyzbud. Yeah, I agree the movements are robotic, it's something I'm trying to work on. You also bring up a good point Funky's size.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Kimi Kong » July 28th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Freakin' awesome~! I love it~! :dixiehappy:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » July 29th, 2014, 1:40 pm

I agree that the Kongs are secretly robots with bad butts. Diddy is the most apparent of this to me. Also, yes, Funky should be scaled up, and could also probably move around a bit whilst singing. You've made a neat video though!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby sonosublime » July 30th, 2014, 4:24 am

Kimi Kong wrote:Freakin' awesome~! I love it~! :dixiehappy:

Super Luigi! wrote:I agree that the Kongs are secretly robots with bad butts. Diddy is the most apparent of this to me. Also, yes, Funky should be scaled up, and could also probably move around a bit whilst singing. You've made a neat video though!

Robots with bad butts? But thanks.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks