Complete Donkey Kong Country Soundfont(s)

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: Complete Donkey Kong Country Soundfont(s)

Postby BlueTronic » September 23rd, 2014, 12:15 pm

All the wavetable synths used in the game are included in one patch per sound. Just play with the velocity
sfz+ is the plugin I used to test the soundfonts and everything works perfectly there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fpn79sg7769x ... 1.exe?dl=0 (Just cause you have to go to the cakewalk store and sign up to download it)

Entire DKC Instrument Database: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g70cosiqz1ts ... Fz8ga?dl=0

Donkey Kong Country Soundfont: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f70cl3kq1anmh ... y.sf2?dl=0
Donkey Kong Country 2 Soundfont: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmknrevl4dhyp ... 2.sf2?dl=0
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby TheAvengerButton » November 6th, 2014, 11:05 am

Are there no plans to make a DKC3 soundfont?

EDIT: yeesh, my post read like a five year old's. That is what happens when you don't proofread.
Tourist
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » November 6th, 2014, 3:32 pm

I've started working on it, but I've become quite busy lately and it'll be on hold until probably January
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby RC Spriter » July 8th, 2015, 6:37 am

Sorry about the bump, it's just that I was really excited to use these soundfonts, but I'm clueless on how to do it. I've spent hours stumbling around the internet trying to figure out how to use an SF2 in a MIDI sequencer, and nothing really seems to make sense. :headache: The sequencer I use is Anvil Studio, but is there another program that handles SF2s much more simply? Or do I have the wrong idea altogether about how these are supposed to be used? Please help!
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » July 8th, 2015, 10:43 am

You'll need an external plugin to play soundfonts in Anvil Studio. I recommend SFZ+ https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fpn79sg7769x ... 1.exe?dl=0. I used it to test the soundfonts and it works perfectly with them
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby RC Spriter » July 8th, 2015, 2:03 pm

Thanks, after downloading it and reading a bit of Anvil Studio's tutorial, it worked perfectly! I guess I just was too confused earlier to wrap my head around all of the SFZs, VSTs, etc., and what they all meant, but I'm glad it turned out to be something I can understand. :)

EDIT: After a bit of tinkering around, I whipped up this SNES version of my favorite Donkey Kong Land theme, Tricky Temple.
Tricky Temple SNES.mp3
(3.55 MiB) Downloaded 1543 times

Thanks for putting these soundfonts together, BlueTronic! If you ever get around to a DKC3 soundfont, I'd really like to try making David Wise's DKC3 GBA songs in SNES style. :dixiehappy: :kiddycool:
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » July 16th, 2015, 11:45 am

So when I started this project I had this "movie release" mindset of hogging it all to myself until it's done. Now I've been working on the DKC3 soundfont sparsely, because I've been busy with other things, and I'm not even sure when I'll get it done.
So, screw it. I'm just going to go ahead and link the folder I've been working from to make these soundfonts: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g70cosiqz1ts ... Fz8ga?dl=0
The DKC3 soundfont is only half done, but the raw samples ripped from the ROMs are all there. So if you're tech savvy, you could really just make use of the .wavs
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby BlueTronic » July 16th, 2015, 11:57 am

RC Spriter wrote:EDIT: After a bit of tinkering around, I whipped up this SNES version of my favorite Donkey Kong Land theme, Tricky Temple.
Tricky Temple SNES.mp3

Thanks for putting these soundfonts together, BlueTronic! If you ever get around to a DKC3 soundfont, I'd really like to try making David Wise's DKC3 GBA songs in SNES style. :dixiehappy: :kiddycool:

You're welcome. It's what I do :swanky:

Tricky Temple is one of my favorite Wise man tracks! Sounds like you've got a good arrangement down so far. I would get a little more creative with panning and velocity echo.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby NES Boy » March 28th, 2016, 10:39 am

Any hope of completing the DKC3 soundfont by its 20th anniversary?
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby BlueTronic » March 29th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Oh yah I'll probably get that done this summer but I just don't have time right now :kiddysad:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Phyreburnz » January 27th, 2017, 8:58 am

The download of the soundfonts is gone. Does anybody have another file of it that they can upload?

Does anybody have soundfonts for the sound effects of the trilogy? I don't know if soundfonts exist for the trilogy, but I figured I'd ask. Also, I do know that there are wav and mp3 versions.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby BlueTronic » January 27th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:The download of the soundfonts is gone. Does anybody have another file of it that they can upload?

Does anybody have soundfonts for the sound effects of the trilogy? I don't know if soundfonts exist for the trilogy, but I figured I'd ask. Also, I do know that there are wav and mp3 versions.

My bad. It's back up

Sound effects are not really useful to put in soundfonts because they are not melodic. You might as well just use the samples. All a soundfont does is assigns different samples to different keys and velocities with loop points and etc. You could use a soundfont to assign each sound effect to a different key and have all the sound effects in one file, that's about it
The sound effects are all made up of the instruments just like the music is but you can't really sequence them together in a soundfont
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Phyreburnz » January 27th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Thank you! The request for SFX soundsound was at the request of my boyfriend, but I'll send him the link to this thread so he can see what you said.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ninni973 » February 27th, 2017, 3:15 am

Well, since it's been an awfully long time since someone uploaded a DKC soundfont remix/original song, I thought I would go ahead and share with you guys what I made last night. It's Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight, with DKC2 samples. Enjoy! :D

http://picosong.com/Gbbb

Sorry if it doesn't give you that Bayou Boogie vibe (and the synths being one pitch higher). I tried my best.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Ninni973 » November 22nd, 2018, 3:41 pm

Sorry for the huge bump, and also the double post at that, but BlueTronic, do you think you could do a DKC GBA soundfont, if it's possible? I'd really like to hear what they would sound like with various MIDI files. :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby MichaelFrank » November 29th, 2018, 6:21 am

Ninni973 wrote:Sorry for the huge bump, and also the double post at that, but BlueTronic, do you think you could do a DKC GBA soundfont, if it's possible? I'd really like to hear what they would sound like with various MIDI files. :D

Apparently since it doesn't use the Sappy engine unlike other ripped GBA soundfonts, it's basically impossible to rip AFAIK (for now), unfortunately.

I think I might as well post this since I'm in the soundfont thread, I made this with all three of Bluetronic's DKC soundfonts recently: https://soundcloud.com/michaelfrankmusi ... soundfonts
Newcomer

Postby Ninni973 » December 6th, 2019, 8:48 am

MASSIVE bump once again, but here's a little something I did just now; a Fear Factory remix (rearranged to a rock/metal style) in the DKC soundfont. Since picosong has been shut down indefinitely, I uploaded it to Dropbox for you guys to enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfq15twwrcnjr ... t.mp3?dl=0

Let me know what you guys think. :D MIDI by Jay Reichard.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby wuffalo » December 7th, 2019, 2:49 am

Amazing :thumbs: though I'm not a fan of the instrument introduced at 0:33, it sounds far too deep. Otherwise its great!!
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby Ninni973 » December 7th, 2019, 9:12 am

Thanks, wuffalo. As for the distortion guitar riff being too deep, it was like that in the original MIDI, so I used the instrument preset that sounded the closest to the original preset. I'm glad you liked it, though. :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Ninni973 » March 1st, 2020, 10:29 am

Sorry for the double post once again, but I have another remix, this time being the final boss theme from Drawn to Life in the DKC trilogy soundfont. Here is the Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iunn5ymez3dci ... 9.mp3?dl=0

I also mixed in some of the sounds from the original to make it more complete, as the DKC trilogy soundfont lacks the sounds unique to Drawn to Life and also because some of the instruments would not sound right with the DKC samples. Regardless, I tried my best to make it sound as close as possible to the original with the presets I had.

Let me know what you guys think. :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Previous

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks