Anyone willing to make DK Character GIFS?

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Anyone willing to make DK Character GIFS?

Postby udivision » July 30th, 2013, 5:55 am

Hi all,
I was wondering if people would be willing to compile the Country spritesheets into GIFS? That would help me personally with my own DKC engine, but I'd assume it also help other people as well. If you're not inclined to be a programmer, making these animations would be a great way to help with a DKC Fan game.

If it's too much to ask, I understand. Thanks!
Tourist
Bananas received 10

Re: Anyone willing to make DK Character GIFS?

Postby Qyzbud » July 31st, 2013, 9:16 pm

Hi udivision,

I have a lot of projects and site development to work on, but I have a lot of respect for the project you're working on, so I'm willing to chip in an hour or two of my time if you have a priority-1 GIF (or set of GIFs) in mind... :huh: I would probably use Simion's DKC Resource Editor to extract the sprites rather than using pre-existing sprite sheets, but that's beside the point.

Eventually I will create animated GIFs (or perhaps another form of animation, but GIFs are likely) for just about everything that moves, to bring life to the level maps — but that might be a ways off yet... :roll:

Hopefully others will lend a hand in the meantime — what do ya say, Atlas community? :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby udivision » August 1st, 2013, 1:32 am

Would using Simon's DKC Resource Editor be easier than using a pre-existing sprite sheet? If it is, I could just make the animations myself.

The priority sprites are actually Diddy's basic sprites since I want to implement character switching.
Tourist
Bananas received 10

Postby Qyzbud » August 1st, 2013, 1:55 am

Yes indeed; the DKCRE is a great way to spit out all of the game's sprites as individual frames, ready to animate — no need to cut/paste/crop like you'd need to do with a sprite sheet. Plus, you can be sure that the colours are accurate and the files aren't lossily compressed (I never know if I can trust the spriter to make sure of these things!).

Tag team sounds great — can't wait! :)

Try out the DKCRE, and let me know if you need a hand with anything. Simion would probably be happy to give you tips, too. :geek:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » August 1st, 2013, 1:45 pm

I'm really sorry, udivision. I want to help you, but I don't think I have the skills to. Please don't be angry with me. Finally, I can still give you emotional support and lavish you with my sophisticated, loquacious, and eloquent descriptions of your superb achievements. Hopefully, you will find that suitable.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » August 1st, 2013, 2:19 pm

I think I can do some if needed. just let me know where to start, I have almost every sprite sheet from all 3 games and since my game doesn't use the original DKC sprites these sheets are literally just taking up hard drive space for me.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Postby udivision » August 2nd, 2013, 6:20 am

@Super Luigi! Haha, thanks.

@Qyzbud DKCRE should work well, I've exported all the sprites from it. I'm probably going to have to do some cropping but it's better than working with sprite sheets. Too bad it only works with DKC 1.

@Jeffrey_Bones If you're up to it, you could help with the basics of Diddy Kong (running, jumping, cartwheel). He's the next big project.
Tourist
Bananas received 10

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks