Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) Soundtrack Project

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) Soundtrack Project

Postby Cody » March 27th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Although I've recorded the soundtrack multiple times in the past, I now have incredible knowledge of Audacity and how the process of editing MP3s to perfection works. I'll post a download link fairly soon, containing every audible track in the game (along with the Enchanted River (above water) version, which isn't in the soundtest). :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Re: Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) Soundtrack Project

Postby Qyzbud » March 27th, 2008, 11:02 pm

Very cool. It's great when you can tweak things to the point of perfection. I look forward to this, as the soundtrack to this game is what makes it feel like a contribution to the Donkey Kong Country legacy, rather than just an attempt at copying it. I must say I haven't even heard all of the tracks in this version of DKC3, so I certainly appreciate the listening convenience this project offers.

I like that there is different underwater music for the riverside levels; dynamic tracks were one of my favourite things about Banjo-Kazooie!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » May 17th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Yes!

I will post them as soon as I'm done with DKC GBC (I'm at Snow Barrel Blast).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Qyzbud » May 17th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Awesome! My ears are tingling with anticipation... :D

(that's a weird feeling, let me tell you =p)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » June 19th, 2008, 8:40 pm

I'm....so sorry. Long story short, my hard drive completely melted on Monday and I lost pretty much everything, including the soundtrack. After I got a new hard drive (500GB :mrgreen:), reinstalled Windows and went through Hell getting all the updates and everything else all that out of the way, I fortunately was able to save my iTunes thanks to an iPod copier program, but my DKC3 GBA rip didn't make it because I stupidly didn't copy them to my old iTunes. As a result, it appears that DKC GBC is completely gone as well. Very bad mistake, and I'm not exaggerating nor lying about this terrible tragedy.

Please accept my dearest apologies; since I'm not going to rip DKC GBC again, Ive made a commitment: I'll re-rip and upload the whole entire soundtrack to DKC3 GBA and have it up for you within [twenty-four] hours of this post. I've waited long enough (too long, in fact), and it's about time you get what you deserve! :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Stone » June 19th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Those damn Hard Drives...
I hope flash drives are getting cheaper and can store more data soon.
Rotating disks at 7200 RPM isn't that safe, I think.
Since the day my external hard disk crashed I try to store everthing at least at two different drives/DVD's if it's something important.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Cody » June 20th, 2008, 6:00 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGJDDF9Y

*pant*

Enjoy, all - it might be a tad off in some spots but for the most part it should definitely satisfy :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Kiddy14 » June 21st, 2008, 3:42 am

Oh my god! Thanks to you my life is complete! :D
Thanks! :D :D

Sorry for your hard drive though =(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » August 27th, 2008, 12:21 am

I... never posted a message of gratitude. :oops:

I'm listening to this soundtrack now - thanks very much to you, Cody. There are some really amazing compositions amongst these tracks; I can't believe I've waited until now to listen to these all the way through. We have a 'Pokey Pipes' topic, and of course this 'project' topic (which is probably not necessary to keep around any longer), but I think I'll have to start a proper Donkey Kong Country 3 GBA soundtrack topic to encourage discussion of Dave Wise's re-scoring efforts. There's a lot here worth talking about.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks