What would you like to see created in 3D

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

What would you like to see created in 3D

Postby Cyclone » December 16th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Is there any character, item etc you guys would like to see modeled in glorious 3D? Just looking for ideas for my next character.

Thanks for your input. :D
Last edited by Qyzbud on December 24th, 2012, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the word 'poll' from the topic name --- it was unnecessary and misleading
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Re: Poll - What would you like to see created in 3D

Postby Simion32 » December 16th, 2012, 3:28 pm

I think you have your K. Rool modeling going very well. First thing that comes to mind is, I'd like to see Captain K. Rool from DKC2 with his blunderbuss and pirate hat. Arrrgh!

If you want to balance your choices, maybe Kackle would be a good choice (would he be tough to do because of those bones?).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Phyreburnz » December 16th, 2012, 3:32 pm

I would love to see you make some custom ones! Like, if you were to make a forth DKC game, what kind of theme would you have? What would K. Rool be dressed in and what would his Kremlings look like? I did a silly little photoshop thing of K. Rool as a pharaoh, for instance. The possibilities are endless!

I should get back to what I was working on... although, I have the sneaking suspicion I won't get back to it any time soon... :(
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby EvangeliKong » December 16th, 2012, 7:30 pm

How about... this guy?
Spoiler!

It would be interesting to see Bluster remaked into 2010's.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby HellFire » December 17th, 2012, 3:04 am

I vote for Krusha! Then, creating the gray one would be just a matter of recoloring it. Actually, I would like to see all baddies from dkc1 (my fav dkc) done your way, your work is top notch!
Tourist

Postby Ribbedebie » December 17th, 2012, 4:51 am

I'd say Klump but that might just be my inner fangirl speaking. Psst - go with his design from the cartoon. :B Also, whoever thought of adding this subtle feature for posts deserves a cookie.

Yeah, Bluster would be interesting to see. Or maybe Captain Skurvy! From the cartoon. He's just a recoloured Klump in pirate attire though...

Do whatever you like, though. :)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Qyzbud » December 17th, 2012, 8:51 am

Oh wow, where do I start...

Expresso! It would be so awesome to see Expresso in full 3D... I had always hoped we'd see him again, especially in DK64 and DKCR... and of course Donkey Kong Racing... but like that entire game, Expresso's return was not to be. :(

The 'temple' environment. I have been jonesing for a 3D tour of DKC's temples since I first played the game! I'm happy that you're working on the jungle right now (it's an excellent starting point), but I would be forever grateful if you could make the temples your next environmental focus. :)

DK and Diddy in a mine cart! Once you've modelled the Kongs (or at least their upper-halves :P ) it would be great to see them on a wild mine cart ride...

Bananas! It might seem a bit basic, but I'd love to see a high quality animation of both a single banana and a banana bunch — as close as possible to the in-game look. :banana:

...but hey, I'd love to see anything and everything from the DKC games, so no matter what you choose to do next, I know I'll be thoroughly impressed. ;)

Ribbedebie wrote:[...] whoever thought of adding this subtle feature for posts deserves a cookie.

Thanks! *noms cookie* Glad you like it! ^_^
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby VideoViking » December 17th, 2012, 8:59 am

Do you plan on using these models for the actual games? I think I could use you for my upcoming DKCX fan game.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Cyclone » December 18th, 2012, 11:49 am

Guys and galls thanks for the input. Ribbedebie I like your avatar.

hmm some good suggestions. I like the idea of making Captain K.Rool. Only if I don't have to model it from scratch. And the clothing might be tricky to. Kackle would be fun (if there is enough reference of him to work from). The temple environment would be much easier to model then a jungle so I will think about it.

VideoViking wrote:Do you plan on using these models for the actual games? I think I could use you for my upcoming DKCX fan game.

It all depends. Is your project using a 3D engine? If so it might be tricky to reduce the poly count of the models. Private message me with more details and we can discuss it. I would enjoy working on a fan game.

Keep the ideas flowwing there are so many models in the dk universe it's so hard to decide. :lol:
Thanks.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » December 18th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Cyclone wrote:I like the idea of making Captain K.Rool. Only if I don't have to model it from scratch.

I think that would be the beauty of choosing K. Rool's various costumes as a project — you really should only have to do the clothes/accessories themselves. Now that you've modelled the big bad dude himself, you should be able to adorn him with his Kaptain/Baron outfits, and more!

Phyre's Pharaoh idea would be awesome!

Reconstructing his DKC2/3 costumes (and creating new ones!) might be a challenge, but that's all part of the fun, right? ;)

Cyclone wrote:Keep the ideas flowing [...]

Well alright... speaking of fun challenges, I would love to see how you go modelling and animating a TNT barrel — explosion and all! That could be really enjoyable to create/experiment with, and would be awesome to see! How are you with modelling/animating using particle effects? 8-)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » December 18th, 2012, 3:19 pm

How about these: :k: :o: :n: :g: Also, what about Cranky's Cabin? As Cranky himself once said, Rare ran out of space to model the interior.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » December 18th, 2012, 9:51 pm

What about some DK64 stuff? I'd love to see Lanky Kong, Chunky Kong, King Krusha Rool, and others.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Tonberry2000 » December 21st, 2012, 3:35 pm

I'd like to second the DK64 Kongs and Expresso. :)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby Qyzbud » December 21st, 2012, 5:48 pm

In the case of the DK64 Kongs, Cyclone, are you able to work with the original models ←(DK only, so far) extracted from the game, or are they too low in detail to even be worth using? Either way, they'd probably be fairly useful as a reference 'mannequin' for both modelling and posing... :scratch:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » December 22nd, 2012, 12:14 pm

Didn't even know the Spriter's Resource did models too! Cool. The low poly models might be useful, I would have to play around with them and see. As far as modeling the DK64 kongs the one that comes to mind would be Lanky(sp?). Also modeling Expresso would be a good idea. Would be hard to get the feathers modeled correctly I think. Probably too hard to tell in the reference scans? I could model winkey or Rambi. Lots of reference there.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Re: What would you like to see created in 3D

Postby Tonberry2000 » December 26th, 2012, 4:26 am

We sure do! If some of the awesome modelers here would submit we'd be more than happy to accept!

My idea for a model is a lava-based Kremling (Think Blarrg from Mario World). I'm trying to think of new enemies, so maybe I'll add to this list later.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks