Better sprite rips?

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Better sprite rips?

Postby Lucid_Rain » January 16th, 2012, 7:53 am

I can't find a single sprite rip of dixie kong walking while holding a barrel.
Throwing a barrel.
or an animation of dixie kong putting a barrel down.
Where are all the sprite rips of the kongs interacting with other objects? IE barrels, tnt barrels. Etc?
Editing the one of dixie holding a crate seems too difficult since the crate is in the background and dixie would have to be pasted over the barrel translucently while holding/walking etc.
That's just too hard to do acurately.
Anyone?
Tourist

Re: Better sprite rips?

Postby Simion32 » January 16th, 2012, 8:33 am

DKCRE doesn't rip DKC2 or DKC3 sprites yet. For now, though...

TSR
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Lucid_Rain » January 16th, 2012, 9:14 am

Okay. So I got tired of not being able to find this sprite set anywhere not even on google image search not in sprites database. not in any of the usual well known sprite places
So I post it here.

Enjoy.
for your information I do not normally do sprite rips and this was a pain so I'm never doing this again.
Tourist

Postby Simion32 » January 16th, 2012, 10:15 am

The reason this was never ripped is that the barrel is a separate object. All barrels are like this.

Oh, and nobody's going to have to give anyone credit for when RE automates ripping the sprites, so I think that trying to take or ask for credit for these rips (even the ones on TSR by other people that ask for credit) is sort of pointless in my opinion.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tonberry2000 » February 1st, 2012, 8:46 am

Generally on tSR we don't ask for credit for anything that has been ripped. Newbies who don't really know the community might, but we don't support that on the site.
It's courtesy to give credit for customs, however.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks