Attention anyone good with making MUSIC and/or SOUND EFFECTS

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Attention anyone good with making MUSIC and/or SOUND EFFECTS

Postby Phyreburnz » January 9th, 2012, 3:00 am

For some of the animations I've done, we need music. If anybody is good at making music, please let me know!

So far, I only have two animations that need music. Those are DK playing the bass guitar and Kiddy playing drums. Also, don't worry about matching the music to the animations, I will try my best to make my animations match the music.

I also have an idea for a sound effect. I think it would be cool to add the clicking noise when the skull cart in DKC2 goes up a hill.

I really hope somebody good with music finds this! :D

*EDIT* I should specify, for those that don't know, the bass and drums tracks are going to be used for DK and Kiddy beating a level in the DKC2 style (like Dixie on guitar and Diddy singing).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: Attention anyone good with making MUSIC and/or SOUND EFFECTS

Postby Cosmicman » January 9th, 2012, 12:05 pm

I tried making Kiddy's drums and ended up with something more suitable for DK, but I have no idea how to upload my test samples.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Phyreburnz » January 9th, 2012, 12:12 pm

You can zip the files. It wouldn't let me upload the PSDs so I had to zip them. If that doesn't work Simion32 might be able to give a suggestion.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cosmicman » January 9th, 2012, 12:36 pm

I added a sample MP3, just a quick test, might work for both but you decide. Let me know what you think or what you want modified, cut, added, or removed etc.
Attachments
dk bass mp3.mp3
Test
(188.23 KiB) Downloaded 1050 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Phyreburnz » January 9th, 2012, 12:41 pm

I love it!!! :D It will DEFINITELY work for DK! I think that Kiddy's drumming should sound terrible. It would make it more comical!

*EDIT* I guess you're the one that suggested that his drumming should be terrible! I forgot who said it, so I had to double check!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cosmicman » January 9th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Thanks!

Yeah, definitely, I want to add sound effects to Kiddy raising his eyebrows and dropping his sticks too, let me see what I come up with.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Cosmicman » January 9th, 2012, 12:54 pm

I will have Kiddy start up perfectly and mess up halfway. I'm just worried it might be a longer file.

Related to the sprite thread I think you should make DK's head bounce to his foot tap and make him look to his left and back to the front before ending the beat. I don't think that would be too hard for you. 8-)

Also I uploaded the file as an 188 kb Mp3, if the final version needs to be smaller I can upload it as midi and it will go down to about 10kb but obviously the quality will suffer a bit.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Tailikku » January 16th, 2012, 5:34 am

I actually put together an extended version of "K. Rool Returns" in Audacity, using two tracks from the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?axh2e72mvayq6ga
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Cody » January 16th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Hey Cosmicman,

Your DK bass ending is great, really clever stuff :) made me inspired to give Kiddy's ending a shot for fun. After playing around with ideas, I came up with a test demo based off of the DKC3 "Stilt Village" theme.

Yours will ultimately be used, but I think I might've came up with something short and sweet that would really hit home with Kiddy ;)
Attachments
Kiddy Ending Test 1.mp3
(432.65 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Cosmicman » January 27th, 2012, 3:06 am

Thanks Cody, your sample sounds awesome !

Still not complete but this is the route I'm going, I don't think I can make Kiddy sound terrible and then have him drop his sticks like a boss.

So here are two samples, one without melody so you can hear the drums, and another one with a melody, I guess you can use whichever one you like better, but like I said I'm still working on it, I need to mess with the volume add the sound effects of his sticks dropping etc, so this is just a preview.
Attachments
kiddy mp3 with melody.mp3
with melody
(205.37 KiB) Downloaded 984 times
kiddy mp3 no melody.mp3
no melody
(205.37 KiB) Downloaded 927 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Cody » January 27th, 2012, 8:09 pm

My $0.02 is that the non-melodic version suits the level ending better. Having a remix of the Game Over theme for beating a level is just silly :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks