Donkey Kong Country 4: The Kongs Return

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4: The Kongs Return

Postby sonosublime » July 9th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Hello hiperkalango, glad to hear you're still working on the engine. Take as long as you need, I can't wait to see the newest version.

CatLoverMolly, those are some impressive sprites. And I like Sassy Kong's name. Although it's kind of weird that she's as strong as DK...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby CatLoverMolly » July 10th, 2013, 9:00 am

Y'know what else was weird?
Tiny's having growth spurt while Dixie, Diddy and DK remain exactly the same.

But that's just Sassy's little quirk. :dixiehappy:
Donkey Kong is a strong ape with a tie, so strong he can cause quakes by slapping the ground, who will do anything for his banana hoard and island. Kiddy Kong is the cute ape toddler who will follow you, even over water by rolling and skipping on it, just so he may accidentally put you in the hospital when intending to hug you. Diddy Kong is a cool monkey dude who cartwheels, moves very nimbly and dances while holding a boombox. Dixie Kong is a saucy chimp chick with hair that can pick up barrels or fly around, just by moving her ponytail. Sassy Kong is a sweet little monkey girl, but she will hunt you down, even through water, and kick your rear into outer space if you tick her off.

Oh, by the way, finished Sassy's idle. That includes blink, wait one and wait two. She has blink, glare at Kremlings, and looking at her piccolo.
Terribly sorry about the frame rate, lack of transparency and motion blur. My computer likes to stick the former and latter in and IDK why it's opaque. Also, here's a life icon and Sassy Barrel, cuz I can.
Barrelife.zip
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 1183 times

So, if anyone wants to help sprite, that should be a good start :3 I plan on making more sprites soon, perhaps I'll do her walk and run tomorrow.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Simion32 » July 10th, 2013, 9:07 am

Good GIF animation programs are appallingly sparse, even these days. I'm not that surprised that your quality got botched.

By the way, you could be doing people here a favor if you posted your single-layer images as transparent PNG files instead of PSDs, since more programs can open them.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby CatLoverMolly » July 13th, 2013, 11:37 am

Here are PNG's of my Power Barrels, Gnice, Sassy renders and sprites, etc.

Also, new idle. But it's in png sprite sheet form so NO BOTCHING THIS TIME
Sassy Idling.png
Sassy Idling.png (13.59 KiB) Viewed 96744 times

I'm leaving for camp tonight, but...
I'm almost done with Sassy's overworld icon and her die animation, and I made Kiddy and Sassy life balloons (I didn't make the kiddy, just cleaned it up), and an edit of that DK Island Coin that Simion made.
Balloons.png
Balloons.png (14.28 KiB) Viewed 96744 times

DK Island Coin.gif
DK Island Coin.gif (3.07 KiB) Viewed 96744 times

The DK Island coin could be an extra super-duper secret collectible, OR it could function like the Cogs did in Krematoa. Maybe the DK Island Coins could open up the final battle?

In addition...

DKC4 should have a max collectables percentage of 104, since 1 had 101, 2 had 102, and 3 had 103 unless you cheat for 105. I guess Gale Gare would have 105%?

Oh, and from what I read on the DKC4 blog plus what I've read on here, I assume the world order will be something like this?
1: Kiddy's Hideout (Crystal/Gangplank)
2: Kongalahari (Desert/Caves)
3: Mount Kilakongharo (Snow/Mountain) [I know it was originally called Mount Kongerest, but Kilamanjaro is a tall mountain too, use whichever you like best]
4: Kong Koast (Beach/Water) [Unless you prefer Vine Valley]

5: Sassy's Shore (Industrial/Nature)
6: Kremsas City (City) [Again, Kansas City vs New Kremean, use what you like, plus you could use the girders from DKC1's intro and maybe some Crash Bandicoot stuff]
7: Kremyard (Cemetery)
8: Kloud (Sky)
9: Krocodile Krown (Fortress)
Lost World: S.S. Kremterprise (Space Station) [Star Trek reference, compare Kremterprise to Krem-Eye and use what you like]

OK, DKC1 had 7 worlds. DKC2 had 8, DKC3 (in the GBA version anyway) had 9...so DKC4 should have a round 10, right?
If I'm reading the blog right, worlds five and onward are on Kremling Island, sooo...
For World 5, what I'm thinking is that Sassy won part of a small island from Swanky a while back.
She doesn't own all of it, but the parts she does own are taken care of very well. It's kind of her own hideout without having to make another Kongmore head.
The Kremlings stole the rest of the island from Swanky, and began industrializing it for their use, explaining the wide diversity of levels in her world, from Graveyard to Factory to Forest to Water to Mine to Desert/Factory to Snow. It would be called Sassy's Shore because they haven't reached all of her part of the island yet, still leaving some pristine parts intact that are quickly becoming mechanical, this is seen most in Elemental Environment.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby EvangeliKong » July 14th, 2013, 9:21 pm

I like the idea of Sassy Kong.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Tonberry2000 » July 15th, 2013, 7:17 am

I'd rather have a fangame with no fan characters... They often weigh down the game.
And Sassy Kong sounds kind of Mary Sue-y. She's fast like a small Kong, strong like a big Kong, etc. and kind of imbalances the Kongs. Why would you ever NOT choose her.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby CatLoverMolly » July 21st, 2013, 2:57 pm

She's not a MS in my opinion, because while she's strong and fast, she still can't unearth secrets, hover or water skip, and isn't good for speedrunning as Diddy is. Besides, making her just light or just heavy would imbalance.

If you're the kind of person who's fine with being about as fast as Dixie and a teeny-tiny bit weaker than DK, then Sassy is great. If you're going for the other skills, then don't use her, since she has no major skill like hover or unearth.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Kimi Kong » August 5th, 2013, 10:22 am

You guys have really been working your tails off on this. I'm proud. ^w^

Quick question, because it's eating away at my soul; What is the song that you used in this videos-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_syR0UVk_E ? It's almost literally killing me to know.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Simion32 » August 5th, 2013, 11:00 am

That song is A New Place (Hot-Head Bop) [Nicole Adams feat. M.J. Ault, starla, Tepid] from the Serious Monkey Business DKC2 OCRemix project.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kimi Kong » August 5th, 2013, 11:11 am

:thumbs: Thank you, Simion~! I've been googling the lyrics for hours and couldnt find anything.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby hiperkalango » August 18th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Hey guys.
Wanted to know if you guys would be cool if I change the resolution of DKC4
or leave the original snes.
What do you think :huh:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby VideoViking » August 18th, 2013, 4:41 pm

What other resolution methods do you have in mind?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Simion32 » August 18th, 2013, 4:42 pm

In my opinion it doesn't matter as much as long as the gameplay is not heavily affected. A bit more screen space would be nice. :)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » August 18th, 2013, 5:13 pm

I agree with Simion — more screen space would be nice — and I would emphasise a preference for a more 'widescreen' aspect... so long as it doesn't mess with the gameplay too much (by giving the player too much time to react to what's ahead, etc.). Personally, I don't think allowing more response time would be too bad a thing, as there are plenty of other ways to make gameplay challenging! :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby hiperkalango » August 19th, 2013, 2:51 am

RIGHT!
This will leave the surprise I have for you guys more interesting
so if it works of course!
:kiddywave:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby DKC_Enthusiast » August 25th, 2013, 10:55 am

Hi Leo! I am SOOOO excited about your game!!! You have no idea!! When I first saw it on youtube I almost cried with joy lol! This is the link to the youtube video I saw, in case you were interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqeb1-sdzsY I have been playing Donkey :k: :o: :n: :g: Country 1, 2, and 3 for years on Super Nintendo and I've always wanted a fourth one!! Your game looks absolutely AMAZING!!! Please can you explain to me how I can play this? I have only ever played on SNES and I have no idea how to do all this computer stuff (I'm not the best with technology lol)... I tried downloading the demo but when I opened it I only saw the intro and then the icon for the first level but could not open it. I have another question... how come this will not be available for Super Nintendo? And why is the game free? I'd rather it cost money so I could own it and play it on my SNES! Do you think it will be available for sale in the future? I am so anxious to play this!! Please let me know soon! :)
-Jessica
Newcomer

Postby Simion32 » August 25th, 2013, 11:11 am

They cannot sell it because selling it would be illegal. (read spolier'd text)
Spoiler!
Nintendo owns the copyright to Donkey Kong and all those DKC related things, and so technically only Nintendo should be able to do this kind of thing. Most fan-games are done without the game company's permission - and you had better think twice if you are really so naive to think that Nintendo would actually say yes to something like this if they were asked. Companies care about only one thing: Making money.

It is always better for us fan-gamers to not ask them and then make a fan game without selling anything, so that we do not provoke them into suing us for millions of dollars in a copyright infringement lawsuit that we cannot possibly pay for in the first place. :roll:

Yes, the gaming industry does have a dark side. :kiddysad:

It can't work on the SNES -- because the SNES has so many limitations that this game would be impossible to make on there. A personal computer is many times more powerful than a meager Super Nintendo.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby hiperkalango » September 1st, 2013, 6:28 am

Greetings guys
This is the first release of the engine "partner"
with the surprise I promised you in the middle of the video
Still under construction ... Thanks to NecroToad that made the Follow Engine
Very helpful
I'm a little slow but great advances
The video was made in haste
Hope you enjoy!

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby Super Luigi! » September 1st, 2013, 8:14 am

I'd say your partner following engine works great, hiperkalango. It's probably at least as good as DKC3's. About that part where all four Kongs moved together, I think DK64 should have worked like that. Great stuff, as always.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » September 1st, 2013, 10:00 am

Fantastic progress!

I don't think I've ever been as impressed with this project as I am now. B/
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby slym » September 2nd, 2013, 4:45 am

wow awsome the idea to have more than one partner which is following you. But when I was watching your new video it gave me an idea. Maybe your game should be playable like new super marion game. I mean 2 players at the same time. It could be an option that you choose when we make a new game. For Example: Solo
Coop
Rivals
Partner (partner will be 2 players in same time)

Also if you find this is a good idea you could make the game playable to 4 players so everyone will have his own kong who will be choose when you start a new game.

well you can play a lot with this idea.

I hope this will help you the make this game more awesome (by the way if you don't like it is ok too :P)

:thumbs:
Tourist

Postby CatLoverMolly » September 13th, 2013, 9:59 am

Hi guys! How long has it been since I've been here, right?

Well, because I'm lazy and I lack motivation at this time (school and all of that, I'm sure most if not all of you understand) I've not been able to do much with Sassy. HOWEVER, I will be doing her walking animations, a talking animation, the theme for levels that involve her (Sassy's Theme, if you will) and a sprite of her basically typing on a keyboard which will also double as controlling a submarine. You're probably all like, "wha?" so let me explain.
You see, due to limitations of the engine and my spriting ability, she will fulfill the role of, well, I'll let Christopher Araujo the Ideas Man explain (with some translation by mua and a bit of paraphrasing to clarify things)
So I [Christopher] had a chance to come up with her [Sassy] function myself. She is to be a hacker that will disable the radars on King K. Rool's island, and be a vital part in getting around. The Kongs and Sassy are to go diving in her Barrel Submarine to go to the 3 islands; Kongmore, Sassy's Shore, and Kremean. While the Kongs run around, she is preparing a rocket to go to the Krem-eye, but she needs Bonus Coins to fuel it. From it, she will go into the cargo hold and launch a barrel via her submarine torpedo systems to destroy the Krem-Eye as the Kongs escape.

http://images.wikia.com/pictures/images ... _Shore.PNG
http://images.wikia.com/pictures/images ... Island.png

Of course she'll still be a big deal, as you can see from reading that, but hopefully less Mary-Sue-Ish. As to whether she'll still have her in-level or in-menu cameos, well that remains to be seen. I myself thought it'd be cool to use the With Sassy game over screen for levels involving her (see below). I also think it'd be cool to have the title screen with her as an alternate, after-meeting-her or after-playing as her [submarine levels] or even after-beating-game screen...but I'm not the official ideas man, just the unofficial dreamer girl :thumbs:

Now I don't know about you guys, but hasn't it been suggested that there be levels with Funky's plane? I say, now this is just an idea so bear with me, that instead of that, we have Barrel Submarine levels! Same movement engine, a few water enemies like Krocktopuses/Krocktopi/whatever, a basic barrel torpedo engine [naturally the torps would be fairly small], some admittedly difficult spriting, and this undeniably AWESOME theme which I spoke of earlier: http://www.mediafire.com/?j2dk73vu0buqcuo

((BTdubs, why is it that every time I post here I have a ton to say? lol))
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Qyzbud » September 13th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Wow, CatLoverMolly... I must say I really like those concept sketches; who is the artist? Even as basic grey pencil line work they look really nice, and capture the DKC vibe beautifully. Nice ideas, too! :D

I also enjoy the 'Sassy's Shore' music, and I could certainly picture it fitting in with, say, the DKC3 GBA soundtrack. Who composed it? 'tis very nice indeed. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » September 14th, 2013, 2:10 am

Because I have nothing else to say, I agree with Qyzbud. Personally, I like the idea of Sassy and want to see her concept played out. Your sketches are well done, and of the four seconds of Sassy's Shores that I heard, the song sounds amazing. Hopefully, I can listen to the rest of the song soon enough.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » September 14th, 2013, 5:04 am

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE your drawing of the space station type thing. I always thought the next DKC should be space themed because DKC3 had the scientist themed end.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby CatLoverMolly » September 14th, 2013, 9:25 am

The song is a redux (by me, I know my way around Audacity) of some random song from that SNK game, Art of Fighting 04. The sketches are by Christopher, sorry for not specifying. On another note, I'm about halfway done with the Barrel Submarine!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby sonosublime » September 14th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Impressive drawings by your friend. And the music is really nice.

So are you actually on the development team? Is your Sassy going to be an NPC that allows the Kongs to get into the lost world/space station?

I like the idea of Sassy's Shore and multiple islands, but I'm still not too sure about the overall space/industrial theme.

I always thought the next DKC should be space themed because DKC3 had the scientist themed end.

I don't know, some themes just don't go together. It would be like saying the next Zelda game should be set in the future with hover cars and guns.

The Kongs are apes. Sure, they have planes and stuff like that, but their technology is quite limited. And there is plenty of mythology that the Kong universe could explore without going the whole space route.

Perhaps, instead of building yet another giant mechanical island (I always found that DK64 story aspect to be kind of silly), the Kremlings could have discovered a lost island which belonged to an ancient civilisation, and they are using the advanced technology to wage war on the other islands. The Jak and Daxter games (especially the first one) had some beautiful locations.

And the Lost World could be some kind of sunken city.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. Not trying to be party pooper or anything.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby CatLoverMolly » September 15th, 2013, 3:50 am

I'm not an official dev team member, I just contribute ideas and sprites to go with them. Only reason I know Sassy's even got the role of a supporter is because a team member who posts on the blog's comments section, answering questions, and is generally correct confirmed it. I've never seen him post anything that wasn't true, or at least true at the time.

Personally I don't see the Krem-Eye or New Kremean City as any more out-of-place than Mekanos and KAOS Kore. It would be reasonable enough to think that the Kremlings and a few Kongs (Sassy, Funky, whoever made Wrinkly's N64) to know their way around technology.

Come to think of it, maybe the first level of the Lost World could be a 'transitional' Rocket Barrel level like in DKC3? It would fit well, especially with the Barrel Submarine levels. A bit of a refreshing change of pace. What do you think, Kalango?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Phyreburnz » September 15th, 2013, 5:12 am

I was wondering if you could clarify some things, CatLoverMolly. What you're doing with your Sassi Kong sprites, is it for another DKC game? I've been looking at the comment section on the DKC4 forums and it appears that it will be part of a different game (DKC5). If it is for another project, is there some site we can go to where we can follow the progress, or is it all in the comments on DKC4's page? Who all is working on it and on what is each person working? Such as, who is going to make backgrounds and stuff for Sassi's shore and the space station?

Also... the Star Trek nerd in me wants a Trekkie pun for the name of the space station, rather than Krem Eye... but I'll try to resist....

Kremterprise
Krem Space 9

:mrgreen:

It just seems logical to me that since Barron K. Roolenstein created robots and was a mad scientist (also, there was Rocket Rush), that space seemed logical. It wouldn't be the Kongs that have the technology, but the Kremlings... after all, there were all the techy things in DKC3 (Buzz, Krack Shot, Kaos, the submarine, the laboratory, Bazooka). I'm sort of digressing into what would happen if I made the sequel to DKC3.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby CatLoverMolly » September 15th, 2013, 8:50 am

I just double checked and yes, it is indeed for DKC4. Right now we only know the TITLE of DKC5: Wizpig's Revenge.

Barrel Submarine complete! Image
It is based on http://shiftinglands.com/data/uploads/r ... ter-01.jpg
It looks a bit awkward in standalone sprite form BUT Image

EDIT: The theme has been delegated to Temple levels, but Submarine and Rocket transitional levels are still very possible.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby hiperkalango » September 15th, 2013, 10:51 pm

nice staff.
The idea of space theme is very good ...
I'm thinking about it too much ... Once finished engine will analyze all these ideas.
I do not remember who it was that drew ok rool helmet.
came to mind the name GENERAL K. ROLL
Could be the Final Boss of the game.
Let's wait is over
;)

obs: the Phyre your exchange system of characters is amazing, I'm changing a bit to become more unique ... Thank you!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby hiperkalango » September 23rd, 2013, 12:35 am

Good Morning Guys
I'm taking it to post news because I'm out of time ...
And I'm also working on a Strong engine exchange Perfect characters
positioning Sprites a very realistic way, without taking centralization.
The picture below explains better ...
No matter where the character is, not Sprites Loses to Centralization
Staying Nice ....
Soon I will post news ^ ^
Sorry my Bad English
Thanks to Pyreburns for the Chararcter Change ideia ;)
Attachments
Sem título.png
Sem título.png (46.67 KiB) Viewed 96075 times
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby Qyzbud » September 23rd, 2013, 12:48 am

Great idea; I always thought this was a bit limiting in DKC — especially in levels like Trick Track Trek where you can't swap Kongs on the platforms — so it's good to know that you're addressing the issue! :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby hiperkalango » October 14th, 2013, 12:13 am

Yeahh I finished
Guys ... This is a short demonstration of the engine swap characters
took me a while to because I'm kinda busy with other things.
But we are progressing. We next Finalize Engine, Working very strong.
I hope you enjoy.
Thanks to Phyreburns by custom sprites.
And every team DKC4 ... ;)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby hiperkalango » October 14th, 2013, 12:24 am

Guys, the leo_core goes through missing ... anyone have news of him?
I do not know what happened ... If anyone knows of something let me know Ok
thank you.... :kiddysad:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby Phyreburnz » October 14th, 2013, 12:36 am

Switches look great, though I'm not entirely sure what you're saying about the oil...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Gaz » October 14th, 2013, 2:29 am

What are you using to make this game, hiperkalango? I mean like what software? I'm rather curious. The size of the window looks too big, in my opinion. I would prefer if it was 256 by 224 pixels, like with Super Nintendo games.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby hiperkalango » October 14th, 2013, 4:27 am

I'm using Multimedia Fusion
The size is the same as the SNES.
I'm just using a setting in 2x
:thumbs:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby Super Luigi! » October 14th, 2013, 10:06 am

Excellent work, hiperkalango. I especially like how well the new (not in the original games, ex. DK and Dixie) switches turned out. I always enjoy watching you and your team progress though this project, so know that you have my support. I pray that you have the strength to continue.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » October 14th, 2013, 11:12 am

Those switching animations all look pretty good — especially both of the Diddy/Kiddy ones! Excellent use of Diddy's lesser-seen sprites. :)

And yes... what the devil did you mean about the "oil"? :scratch:

hiperkalango wrote:Guys, the oil goes through missing ... anyone have news of him?
I do not know what happened ... If anyone knows of something let me know Ok
thank you.... :kiddysad:

:huh:

Edit: Oh, do you mean Leo — as in leo_core? I haven't heard from him in a while...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby hiperkalango » October 14th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Yes.'m Looking for a core leo_core weeks ...
I have not heard from him ...
Anyone know??
:scratch:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 88

Postby CatLoverMolly » October 17th, 2013, 12:18 pm

No, I haven't...I'm sure he's fine though :thumbs: School has started up recently, maybe he has too much homework like me, ha!

By the way, the transitions look GREAT. My only gripe is the Kiddy to Diddy one, where Diddy taps Kiddy, points up, and then stomps on his foot. It's too fast to see that he's actually pointing up and stomping. ESPECIALLY the stomping part. Maybe make it slower or more dramatic so we can see better? I had to rewind it once or twice to see what happened.

EDIT: Our excellent artist friend Christopher Araujo has sketched up King K. Rool in a futuristic style for the Krem-Eye [Kremterprise?]
https://images.wikia.com/pictures/image ... s_Suit.PNG

Christopher's got a few more drawings.
Kremlings 1: http://images.wikia.com/pictures/images ... ings_1.png
Kremlings 2: http://images.wikia.com/pictures/images ... ings_2.png
Sassy's Drill: http://images.wikia.com/pictures/images ... _Drill.PNG
I'll be spriting at the very least, the drill. It's for Mine Menace, the second transitional level.

And I'VE got a coupla new songs.
Eye of the Storm [Says drifting on Kongerest, is going to be used for the Krem-Eye]: http://www.mediafire.com/?al4c79p8el8nj7g
Sassy Kong's Sonata [Says ice levels, is going to be used for Sassy's Transitions]: http://www.mediafire.com/?34vcy4yeeuabfen
A cookie to anyone who guesses what my three inspirations were for the majority of these songs :ugeek:

Oh, and the drill I said I was gonna sprite?
It's done.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9828/et8o.png
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Simion32 » October 17th, 2013, 1:22 pm

AWESOME MUSIC! :thumbs:

Seriously, awesome ice level themes like that are few and far between.
You seem to have gotten just the right vibe for a down-the-mountain escape from an ice fortress or something similar.

It's actually a bit too fast paced for a normal level, though. You might want to make a different version for "non-fast" levels. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Phyreburnz » October 17th, 2013, 1:33 pm

The Drifting on Kongerest sounds like it's inspired by Ecco the Dolphin. It reminds me a lot of that.

Immediately when I listened to the ice one, I think of Castlevania.

I very much like the music. I'm definitely curious to know how you did these. Honestly, I think if you're going to make more music, it deserves its own thread on the forum :) We don't have a music thread and we should (as far as the fanworks bit goes, I think, anyway).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby CatLoverMolly » October 17th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Never heard of Ecco :huh:
I think Theme 2 is more Metroidy ;)
I appreciate the comments & will start on a slower version of Theme 1.

Oh, and I download original themes like Phendrana Drifts, edit out parts I don't like, and use recorded audio samples [usually by me or someone I have permission from to use] for parts to replace the cut segments. Then I tune the pitch and tempo and rearrange the segments as I see fit, and upload!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby UncleBazerko » October 18th, 2013, 2:32 am

leo_core wrote:What we need is people who make custom levels or compose musics. You can take a look at previous posts and see the levels that Phyreburnz created and help in the same way, you are welcome!

Phyreburnz, what tool or software do you use to make custom DKC levels?
Tourist

Postby leo_core » October 18th, 2013, 4:02 am

Hello!!

I'm not dead (yet ahahahah) but I'm working and studying hard, almost a month barely have time to connect my notebook.
Also some serious problems in my personal life ended up pulling away slightly from the internet.

I had to stop my project from Donkey Kong Country Gale Gare Land, for those who have not seen the prototype, here it is:

I had intended to make a playable beta and open a topic for the project but really I'm out of time.

No can I help Kalango´s as before on DKC4 , unfortunately.

Maybe someday I'll resume it all (Maybe when I retire and turn an old useless ahaha)
But I really like this forum and occasionally give a quick look to see how everything is going.

Oh CatLoverMolly thanks for the kind words in your previous post :)

A hug to everyone!

Para o Fernando:
Spoiler!
Cara... mal mesmo sumir desse jeito. Exclui até meu facebook e tive que mudar meu e-mail. Problemas pessoais... longa história. Quem sabe um dia eu possa trabalhar de novo com vc irmão. Mas continue firme, o projeto estáindo muito bem. Fique com Deus.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 72

Postby CatLoverMolly » October 18th, 2013, 8:22 am

You're so welcome and I'm sad to see you go :dixiecry: :kiddysad:
But I do hope that everything works out for you and you end up coming back sometime soon :thumbs:

Christopher has now sketched up the Krem-Eye
https://images.wikia.com/pictures/image ... ye_map.PNG
Based on the Goldeneye from James Bond :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Super Luigi! » October 18th, 2013, 12:54 pm

K. Rool: "For the Island, Donkey?"
Donkey Kong: "No, for me." *uppercuts K. Rool, causing him to fall 100s of feet*

I really do like that sketch, CatLoverMolly, even though you didn't make it. As always, great job, and I look forward to your next update.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks