The ROCKARD Cheat Side Effects

Talk about the Donkey Kong Country 2 port for GBA.

The ROCKARD Cheat Side Effects

Postby Kiddy14 » July 18th, 2008, 7:39 am

This cheat may not be familiar to non GBA players, I'll explain.
The ROCKARD cheat enables the hard mode in the game. No DK Barrels neither Midway Barrels, and both kongs appear in the next level entered if only one was available. Something also included in the SNES version.

Now, the GBA version also included many minigames, one of them being Diddy's Dash.
Diddy's Dash is a minigame where you get to play every level in the game only with Diddy and try to achieve the best time by either using shortcuts, like bonus entrances, or defeating multiple enemies to stop the clock.

But if you apply this cheat and then return to the main menu and enter Diddy's Dash, the cheat would still be in the game's memory and would apply it, leading to many glitches and the posibility of using Dixie.

1.- Enter Pirate Panic and inmediatily throw Dixie or Diddy to the left, go through the level and enter the bonus barrel, you would inmediatily be blasted like normal, but then the game would start to lag horribly, and Diddy and the enemies would fall off-screen. You then would be able to move either left or right with a glitched camera, but doing so to the left would usually lead to a game crash by either a blank screen (usually in emulators) or a high-pitched electronic sound with a static screen (most common in the original GBA). And for some reason, doing this glitch with the European version (tried the ROM) will not lag the game, but can also crash it.
2.- Go to Rattle Battle and team-up, enter Rattly's cabin. The particularity of Diddy's Dash is that if you enter special animal buddies rooms you will not have to enter its barrel, the game will automatically transform you. If you do this you will emerge as Rattly but with the team-ed up kong sprite. You can't do anything with him/her until you jump on an enemy. Rattly would freeze and you would gain the active kong's teamed-up physics. You can now throw the inactive kong. but beware, if you jump on an emeny Rattly's physics will be reseted. You can even complete the level with the glitched Rattly by throwing the kong to the first high platform or fly with Dixie!

And many more...

Here are some YT videos I found a while ago:

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=3shsIKKZDzk

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=n_N4Tt4dX4Y

They don't particularly show the ROCKARD glitches, but they do show it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: The ROCKARD Cheat Side Effects

Postby NS Guy » September 19th, 2008, 6:58 am

I tried that, and it worked! It makes some levels easier to complete in Diddy's Dash... Two other things: The WELLARD cheat works too, and here's another glitch-- if you are controlling Dixie and restart a level, the Diddy head next to the timer turns into a Dixie head!
Tourist

Postby KongKing122 » June 3rd, 2009, 2:38 am

I thought this was cool. After hearing about the pirate panic glitch, I started doing different levels, most of which had unique results. I thought the effect from topsoil trouble's 2nd bonus was quite odd.
Newcomer

Postby Rodent » October 21st, 2009, 9:26 am

I never tried any of these glitches (if my game broke, I would cry alot... so many memories with my DKC2 cart...), but the videos are entertaining. I'm glad there's people like you guys out there trying this so I don't have to. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gaz » September 14th, 2013, 9:16 am

This might be a major bump, but I have new information related to the ROCKARD cheat. The WELLARD cheat also works when you want Dixie in Diddy's Dash! I had a feeling it would've worked too, so I tried it out. If you want proof, try it yourself or watch this video:

For those who are unfamiliar with the bug, here is an image to visually explain the glitch:
Donkey Kong Country 2 (USA, Australia)_03.png
The ROCKARD/WELLARD glitch of Donkey Kong Country 2.
Donkey Kong Country 2 (USA, Australia)_03.png (26.99 KiB) Viewed 18268 times

Qyzbud
Kiddy14
Mattrizzle
Blaziken257
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Qyzbud » September 14th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Not only a major bump, but what you're sharing here had already been mentioned in the second post of this topic:

Almost FIVE YEARS AGO, NS Guy wrote:I tried that, and it worked! It makes some levels easier to complete in Diddy's Dash... Two other things: The WELLARD cheat works too, and here's another glitch-- if you are controlling Dixie and restart a level, the Diddy head next to the timer turns into a Dixie head!

Please remember to make sure you're offering something new and worthwhile when digging up an ancient topic like this. :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gaz » September 14th, 2013, 12:20 pm

I really didn't read the topic thoroughly. I really am sorry for my last four posts. I really have been having long days...
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Return to DKC2 Port (GBA)