Just wondering,

Talk about the Donkey Kong Country 2 port for GBA.

Just wondering,

Postby Geno » July 29th, 2012, 4:39 am

At my local retro game store, there's a copy of DKC2GBA for $40. I'm just wondering, if it's worth buying, as I already have the SNES version. I want you guy's opinions. Should I buy it, or not.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Re: Just wondering,

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 29th, 2012, 8:49 am

geno wrote:At my local retro game store, there's a copy of DKC2GBA for $40. I'm just wondering, if it's worth buying, as I already have the SNES version. I want you guy's opinions. Should I buy it, or not.

4O DOLLARS?! It's not worth THAT much!

That's ridiculous. I doubt the game cost that much back when it was in retail. And over time a Game Boy Advance cartridge would go down in value. You'd be better off buying it online.
It's a great game (I kinda like it better than the Super Nintendo version) but if you're buying a GBA game for 40 bucks you're getting swindled.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Geno » July 29th, 2012, 10:52 am

Katastrophe Kong wrote:
geno wrote:At my local retro game store, there's a copy of DKC2GBA for $40. I'm just wondering, if it's worth buying, as I already have the SNES version. I want you guy's opinions. Should I buy it, or not.

4O DOLLARS?! It's not worth THAT much!

That's ridiculous. I doubt the game cost that much back when it was in retail. And over time a Game Boy Advance cartridge would go down in value. You'd be better off buying it online.
It's a great game (I kinda like it better than the Super Nintendo version) but if you're buying a GBA game for 40 bucks you're getting swindled.

It could have been less, but I might have forgot.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 29th, 2012, 10:54 am

geno wrote:It could have been less, but I might have forgot.

Just in case, It shouldn't be worth more than about 10 dollars. Maybe 15 at the most.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Geno » July 29th, 2012, 11:14 am

Katastrophe Kong wrote:
geno wrote:It could have been less, but I might have forgot.

Just in case, It shouldn't be worth more than about 10 dollars. Maybe 15 at the most.

OK, that settles it.
But I'm NEVER gonna order a game from the internet again. My copy of DKL3 is STILL lost in the mail. :cry:
Luckily, the aforementioned game store has a copy for the same price as the one I ordered, so I got them to hold it until I pick it up.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 29th, 2012, 1:29 pm

geno wrote:But I'm NEVER gonna order a game from the internet again. My copy of DKL3 is STILL lost in the mail. :cry:
Luckily, the aforementioned game store has a copy for the same price as the one I ordered, so I got them to hold it until I pick it up.

I remember when I ordered Mario Party 9 off Target. I got it alright: like TWO WEEKS LATER. And the stupid thing was I live not even a half-hour from the nearest Target.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Geno » July 30th, 2012, 2:00 am

Yes, but I have been waiting A MONTH for DKL3, and now, the dudes at that game store are at a convention! :x :x :x :x :x
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » July 30th, 2012, 3:00 am

In my opinion, DKC2 GBA is awesome! There is a scrapbook added, extra modes, etc. I believe you should get it. You'd make a good choice.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Geno » July 30th, 2012, 3:09 am

I'll get it when I have enough, and if it gets bought before I get it, well, I won't get it. There. Problem solved!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 3rd, 2012, 2:41 am

Dang thats a rip. A 3DS game cost 40$.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 3rd, 2012, 2:46 am

Katastrophe Kong wrote:
geno wrote:But I'm NEVER gonna order a game from the internet again. My copy of DKL3 is STILL lost in the mail. :cry:

I remember when I ordered Mario Party 9 off Target. I got it alright: like TWO WEEKS LATER. And the stupid thing was I live not even a half-hour from the nearest Target.

it's because they don't give you stuff from the nearest store, they give it to you from the source they get it from.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to DKC2 Port (GBA)