Pot Hole Panic Lagging Glitch

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Pot Hole Panic Lagging Glitch

Postby Kiddy14 » November 10th, 2008, 4:32 am

Another bad title... :| *LOL I changed it*

Anyway, this glitch is directly related to the Pot Hole Panic revised layout; and I think the DKC3 team changed it so that this doesn't happen.

To trigger it, you must be in the last part of Pot Hole Panic, right after the Squitter crate. You must make sure the 3 kopters are on-screen, with the red buzz, and the letter G. You put 2 web platforms in the G and make sure the 2 kopters in the left are near to you, the Booty Bird appeared on-screen, the kopter and the red buzz also appear and that you have 3 shooting webs on-screen and 3 web-platforms too.

If you did it right (or had luck), the whole game would lag so much that every sprite except for the kongs and Squitter would dissapear. The game would continue to lag except when switching or teaming-up. You can bring Squitter to the level flag since there isn't any No Squitter sign, but you can't finish the level... there isn't any Level Flag! You can't create web platforms or shoot webs, though the game does registers you trying to shoot one as when you press A Squitter stops (that's what he usually does when creating web platforms). You can take Squitter to water as the barrel dissapears too, except that's something I didn't try. The water splashes dissapear too, but bubbles continue to appear. You can grab bananas.

I have a video, showing it. I'd like to upload it to YT; but in the meanwhile here are three screenshots, that aren't too descriptive, but it's something anyway.
Spoiler!
ImageImageImage
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: Oh crap Panic!

Postby Kiddy14 » November 13th, 2010, 2:02 pm

Oh wow, that was a pretty weird bump =P
Be careful with the rules though, I've seen you've already been told (several times).
But this kind of reminded me about that video, it must be around here somewhere...

EDIT: YouTube video demonstration
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: Pot Hole Panic Lagging Glitch

Postby DKCplayer » December 17th, 2010, 10:47 am

I managed to do this glitch on an emulator, including a few variations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwrpup6y2Q

I depended on lodging the Kongs and Squitter between the roof and Kopter, to make a lot of those "hit" animations appear. From there, I shot as much platform webs and shooting webs as possible. The video shows a deadly glitch that can be done as well.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Return to DKC3 Glitches