Weird thing with COLOR and MERRY codes

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Weird thing with COLOR and MERRY codes

Postby Blaziken257 » June 28th, 2008, 9:26 am

Sometimes, when I input in either the COLOR or MERRY code, it sticks even after I save and shut the game off. Other times, though, it doesn't. I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce this, but if I remember correctly, it seems to happen when I also enter it at the same time that I enter in the TUFST code (I'm not entirely sure if this is the cause, though). Do any of you know how this glitch happens?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: Weird thing with COLOR and MERRY codes

Postby Kiddy14 » June 28th, 2008, 10:09 am

I was soo going to start a thread of this kind! O_o

Yesterday, when I was completing the game in my emulator to record the Rocket Rush glitch, I started it and just input the WATER code. When I played it the Kongs were still purple and green (something I didn't activate that moment but in other times).

It was the only time it happened, as in my cartridge it hasn't.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Blaziken257 » June 28th, 2008, 10:21 am

Well, I know it's not an emulator problem; it's happened to me on my cartridge as well. Wait, was the COLOR code still activated even AFTER you started a file? For me, it goes away when I start a new game! Weird.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Kiddy14 » June 28th, 2008, 10:33 am

No no... the file was already saved at a 36% I believe... It was a new ROM I had to continue...

I put the code the first time I created it, and saved. When the "glitch" happened it was about the 4th time I started that ROM. Another weirdier thing is that the other 2 times I played I didn't input the code and the kongs were pink and blue, just when I entered the WATER code to easily get to Rocket Rush (as I needed the video), the Kongs had the 2nd player codes.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby doom1killer123 » July 10th, 2009, 8:37 am

well how about you guys enter the code one more time and it will probably stop.
Tourist

Return to DKC3 Glitches