Golden Buzz Glitch

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Golden Buzz Glitch

Postby Kowbrainz » February 18th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Okay, might as well post this now. This happens on both the NTSC and PAL versions of the game... and it might already be known, but I'm not completely sure.

I found this in late 2006 and kept finding it while going through the game on subsequent runs. I thought it was my gamepak, then I found out it worked on the NTSC rom as well. Finally, last year, a friend of mine on youtube reported the glitch with a still screen of their game, but did not know what had happened, so I'm now confident this can be performed by anyone with a certain method.

Basically, go into Springin' Spiders and make sure you haven't collected the DK coin yet.

Go up to the part where you find Koin and onto the red spider which bounces you up aside a red Buzz.

Team toss Dixie up to the platform with the steel keg, then pick it up and drop down to the platform on the left and go out the door. The buzz on the left *SHOULD* be gold with red spikes.

I haven't tested this glitch enough to know, but I'm pretty sure this is how it's performed. Try it yourself; if it doesn't work, I'll post a video shortly and/or keep testing the glitch myself.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Golden Buzz Glitch

Postby Qyzbud » February 19th, 2008, 1:30 pm

Cool, I'll give it a go when I get a spare moment.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nickp17 » March 3rd, 2008, 1:03 am

Screenshot please?

I cant get it to work :(
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 3rd, 2008, 1:28 am

Have you collected the coin already? That may be the reason it isn't working.

Anyway, here's a video of a friend of mine who found the glitch but didn't realise what they'd done. Just follow the instructions above to get it to happen.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » March 3rd, 2008, 10:12 am

Where's the video?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » March 3rd, 2008, 10:36 am

Argh... you do silly things when you're trying to study late at night while posting on forums. :P :roll:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSosPY0HjA
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Return to DKC3 Glitches