Knautlius - Electrical Field Pause Error

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Knautlius - Electrical Field Pause Error

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 17th, 2008, 11:09 am

I'm not sure if this works in the original, but I found a strange glitch in the Virtual Console version of DKC3.

Go to the last K. Rool fight in the submarine, and wait until the lasers shoot out from the bottom level (where you have to block them with the steel barrel). If you pause the game when hey are coming toward you, the lasers don't stop. In other words, they fill the screen and stay there until you unpause the game, resulting in your inevitable death.

Very weird. Very weird indeed.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: Springin Spiders - Bonus Room Glitch

Postby BlueTronic » February 17th, 2008, 11:17 am

I did that a long time ago on the SNES.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 17th, 2008, 12:52 pm

You should put that in another thread. Maybe Qyzbud can split it.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » February 18th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Just what I was thinking. ;)

Each glitch deserves its own thread.

*Done*

I found this some years ago, too... but had completely forgotten! Thanks for the reminder, Ttj.

I guess they used an advanced graphical technique to do the alpha/motion effects for the electricity, and the SNES wasn't capable of suspending the state of it while the game was paused. Very interesting.

Edit: I just found that if you pause the game before the elecrtical arc has fully left the conductor/orb, the screen gets filled with electricity, but if it has already fully formed, you can pause the game, let it pass right through you, then unpause it and you'll be unharmed. That could actually be quite handy as a way to glitch your way to an easier victory. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Knautlius - Electrical Field Pause Error

Postby cfh » February 19th, 2008, 9:30 am

Hmmm, I wonder why they didn't remove that? It seems like a pretty serious glitch to me.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » February 19th, 2008, 1:38 pm

I would say they didn't even know about the problem, but perhaps they just really liked the technique, and there was really no way around it. Only lame-o's pause during intense boss battles, anyway!

Erm, lame-o's and me, that is. :?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Genius_41 » February 22nd, 2008, 10:16 pm

Perhaps they ran out of time to fix it. It was one of the SNES' last big releases, after all.
Newcomer

Postby Kowbrainz » February 22nd, 2008, 10:21 pm

You only release a game once game testing's been completed... I doubt they would have found it and just left it there because they were behind schedule or something.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » April 26th, 2008, 5:36 pm

I have split some off-topic posts from here to create a new topic entitled DKC3: Minor Bugs & Glitches.

This post's previous content:
Spoiler!
SLY JO, that note I left you regarding quoting entire posts applies here, too. No big deal, but if you could use quotes minimally, it would help keep things a little more tidy. Cheers.

In other business, I think I'm going to do some topic maintenance here. As these last few posts have been pretty much off-topic, I'm going to start a 'bugs and minor glitches' topic for each of the DKC games. Bugs like the one discussed above are basically just part of everyday gameplay, so they don't deserve their own topics, but having one topic of such discussion for each game in the trilogy would be a good way to go, I think.

Kid, don't worry about posting "Teh Never Stoping Companion Kong Bug" again, I'll split these posts off to make the new topic. I will do this once people have had a chance to read this post and know what I'm doing.

Aren't I courteous? :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby doom1killer123 » July 10th, 2009, 8:40 am

i dont get it. its a messed up glitch we tried our best to fix it on the vc but nothing.
Tourist

Return to DKC3 Glitches