Vacationer Ghost...

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 2...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Vacationer Ghost...

Postby Kiddy14 » May 11th, 2008, 12:18 pm

No... yeah.... something in Haunted Hall and the Red Ghost.

1.- I went through the midway barrel and started getting chased by the orange ghost.
2.- I accidentally hit one of the minus barrels.
3.- I got hit in the last of the zingers past it.
4.- Dixie got back to the cart and went through that door. Then the red ghost appeared but dissapeared almost instantly, the same with the counter, it said 00 for about half a second and dissapeared.

The rest is in the video:
MOV00142.3gp (538 KB)

The ghost left on vacation xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: Vacationer Ghost...

Postby Qyzbud » May 11th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Hey that's pretty cool. I can't get it to happen, but if you work out exactly why/how it works, let us know. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 14th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Hey guys, if you can't see the video in 3gp, I uploaded it in YT, here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xg22VvAcGuI

=D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tompa » May 14th, 2008, 3:39 pm

Arne managed to that in his TAS as well, http://tasvideos.org/898M.html.
But I don't know he ever found out how it was done.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » May 14th, 2008, 4:19 pm

I'd be amazed if Arne would be unable to work out how he did something; he's usually pretty all-knowing. :D Before watching his TAS, I'll have to assume that the glitch is nothing to do with being hit by the Zinger, as Arne would no-doubt avoid something like that, unless it could save his TAS a few frames somehow...

*watches TAS*

Hmm, so the main constant I see here is hitting an 'X' barrel. Still no idea what's going on, though... A mystery!

We should go on a ghost hunt, and find out where this vacationer Kackle disappears to. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » February 15th, 2009, 6:22 pm

Here's a higher quality version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqsi_L7x7E&fmt=18

I managed to catch Kackle in the act via Emulator a few weeks ago, just now remembered to upload it.

Apparently it has nothing to do with hitting any of the {} barrels, because I didn't hit any of them in the video up until after Kackle disappeared. But I did get hit on purpose, possibly doing so increases the chances of this happening.

We may not know why exactly this happens until in-depth hacking is done, because I haven't found any definite cause for it yet.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » February 17th, 2009, 1:15 pm

In your video you showed Kackle was in front of the No-Kackle door, so much likely he dissapears because he can't cross doors?
He may spawn earlier because of the way the game handles the "existance" of things, [sometimes you get away from something and when you return it's still there; but other times just for it getting off-screen it dissapears] and when you get hit the game ends up spawning Kackle earlier...

Except I remember sometimes he appeared at the top of the screen.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Return to DKC2 Glitches