Tires are out of control!

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 2...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Tires are out of control!

Postby Kiddy14 » April 12th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Well, not really, but has to do something with: Team-Throw, and the Tires in "Jungle Jinx"

Basically, if you throw a Kong to a tire (by pressing Up + Left/Right), the Kong would trespass it, but your leading Kong would bounce. Now, when starting to bounce, the Team-Throw would interrupt the bounce and the Kong would be transported.

Now, I bet you have tried it by now No? Well, try throwing the Kongs at any part... Noticed that? Yeah!
You CAN'T control the direction the Kong moves, sometimes it would move always a little to the left, even if you're pressing right. When it first happened to me, Dixie was throwing Diddy about 5 meters to the right away from her XD

Switching fixes it... XD

Wow, as Qyz said... I'm in fire today! :twisted: And I just played DKC2 1 hour XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: Tires are out of control!

Postby Qyzbud » April 12th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Hot stuff, yet again.

(just don't get burnt!)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » April 23rd, 2008, 2:48 pm

Hey! Hot news again!

Apparently, if you do this glitch, but don't throw the Kongs Up+direction, just to one side or another, it should start moving like slippery, and won't stop, if he/she starts moving to the left, you won't be able to get him/her after that weird kinda temple rock.

Once I lost Dixie over there, got hit in the first killer floor with bones. Diddy ran and jumped as they usually do when they hit walls, and nothing happened, I thought my game has frozen, and was almost going to restart my SNES when Dixie came running below the screen XD It was funny.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » April 23rd, 2008, 6:13 pm

No way!!69! Post a vid or it didn't happen.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » April 24th, 2008, 6:23 am

Mmm... I'm not entering my YT channel for personal reasons, but I must likely will do it =)
I'll try to get it posted =) But try to think I don't actually have the NTSC rom, I'll try to get it, since I don't know if this works in PAL also ;) (If you're wondering why I have the PAL but not the NTSC even when I'm from Mexico, must likely due to unknowing the Good ROM Codes XD)

EDIT: Done, it works in PAL too! =D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » April 24th, 2008, 8:07 pm

This is quite cool, thanks for taking time to post that video. I actually tried it for the first time today. :oops:

It's a shame that high team-throws only let the thrown Kong go as far over as the edge of the screen, otherwise you could throw them really, really far using this glitch, and the lead Kong could get pulled quite a long distance. That would look cool.

Very interesting how the team-throw interacts with different things, eh? It's such a unique and useful part of gameplay; there were bound to be some weird things that can happen while using it. I have a hunch that Lost World levels weren't tested as rigorously as most other levels. They seem to have bonus bugs! Of course that may be due to the unusual situations they force you to encounter... like gigantic tires, of course. ;)

I actually discovered another sweet tire-based glitch in Jungle Jinx while experimenting with yours. I'll post that in a new thread, though, because it's nothing to do with this glitch really (except that tires are used, of course!)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby NxCy » May 21st, 2008, 7:33 am

Tires sure are weird.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but here is another glitch video I found on youtube involving tires.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqd1m4KHqM
Tourist

Postby Kiddy14 » May 21st, 2008, 8:06 am

I've done that (after seen the video of course), the pushing screen is annoying =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 21st, 2008, 11:24 am

Ah, well that's actually an easier version of the other "sweet tire-based glitch" I mentioned discovering, in my above post. I should have posted my find earlier, but I got distracted... and now somebody else has found it. I think I'll still post my video when I get a chance, because my method is a bit different, the video's a bit more informative (and it has sound/proper colour) and most importantly, it leads to the end of level target's pole & prize disappearing!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to DKC2 Glitches