Ride A Strangely Colored Version of Yourself

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 2...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Ride A Strangely Colored Version of Yourself

Postby BlueTronic » April 12th, 2008, 11:52 am

1. In a level with a land animal buddy and a Klobber or Kruncha that can be brought to the same spot such as Pirate Panic (You must have 2 Kongs), place the animal buddy about an inch away from the Klobber/Kruncha
2. Stand in between them, and put the other Kong on your back.
3. A few seconds before the Klobber comes out, throw your Kong up and let him bump you.
4. Once he bumps you, hold Y and the control pad in the direction of the animal buddy.
5. The first Kong will land on the animal buddy and once you get on the animal buddy, hold Y and the control pad in the opposite direction. The second Kong will have the animal buddy's color pallete and will float in that direction (Make sure you don't get hit by the Klobber/Kruncha until after the second Kong finishes floating and you can walk again.

DO NOT press Y or A. This was tested in Pirate Panic with Rambi, and Hot Head Bop with Squitter.
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest # SNES_00003.png
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest # SNES_00003.png (22.94 KiB) Viewed 23842 times
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest # SNES_00004.png
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest # SNES_00004.png (22.89 KiB) Viewed 23840 times
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Ride A Strangely Colored Version of Yourself

Postby Kiddy14 » April 12th, 2008, 11:58 am

I've been temptated to do this glitch, but don't know if it would damage your cartridge or save file XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » April 12th, 2008, 12:13 pm

It didn't damage my emulator save file.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » April 12th, 2008, 2:02 pm

Cool stuff, I'll try this soon.

Why would this kind of thing ever damage a cartridge? :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » April 12th, 2008, 2:05 pm

I read when doing this, the game would start to mess up sprites even when the SNES was turned off and on again...

EDIT: Mm... Wonder if it works in DKC3, Creepy Cavern seems a good place to test...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » April 12th, 2008, 2:36 pm

I sincerely doubt that can happen... Maybe he left his cartridge out in the sun? :P

Oh! Hah; I love Cody's (that is, ArichDKC's) comment on that page...

Cody/ArichDKC on YouTube video page wrote:Donkey Kong Country > Girlfriend. I mean, girls are awesome, but I like DKC better.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » April 12th, 2008, 2:37 pm

ZSNES is working just fine for me. Yeah, (EDIT: The guy in the video's) cartridge probably got a tan in the sun. :lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » April 13th, 2008, 6:08 am

I don't understant... What does my cartridge has to do with this? XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » April 13th, 2008, 2:04 pm

Kong-Fu, I noticed a few things that should maybe be edited into your first post:

Firstly, the obvious: Hot-Head Hop is the level's name; your post says the title of that level's music on the OST, instead.
Also, there is no need to face the animal buddy (Rambi) away from the Klobber, or to jump when teamed up. You also may want to mention that standing close to Rambi is important. If you stand in the right spot, Klobber will just bump you straight onto Rambi.
The 'thrown' Kong has to also land on the animal buddy, to consolidate the effect.
You can use a Kruncha in lieu of Klobber, for such levels as Mainbrace Mayhem (you can jump extra high teamed up on Rattly, too!)

I had some other tips for you, but they're in my other pants. :lol: (meaning; I've misplaced them)

I've also discovered a few nifty side-effects of this glitch, which I'll share when I get the chance. I'm actually uploading a video on YouTube right now, to show one of the more interesting side-effects. I'll post that soon.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » April 13th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Ok, thanks. Good luck finding your pants/side effects :lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » April 13th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I'm actually uploading a video on YouTube right now, to show one of the more interesting side-effects. I'll post that soon.

I've seen it, pretty neat video ;) But at the end of it, I saw you didn't finish the level, where you able of doing so? I just saw you could grab bananas when you grabbed the crate and knocked out the Klobber.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » April 14th, 2008, 12:23 am

Nah, I couldn't bring Diddy back to life, or finish the level... You can enter the bonus room (or the Kaptain's Kabin) to return things to normal, but otherwise you are pretty well stuck. Here's a link to my video.

Just realised that somebody had already posted a similar video. :roll: Oh well, mine's got more 'storyline' to it. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » April 14th, 2008, 7:03 am

I made a video, too. It shows the glitch done with Rambi, Rattly, and Squitter. It's in AVI, nothing on my computer supports AVI, so 'll have to get an AVI to WMV converter so I can run it through MSMM and give it music, cut out the map screens and unimportant parts and all that jazz to make it awesome. In the meantime, here's the unedited video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uug-RxhCzsY
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Return to DKC2 Glitches