Playing as both Kongs (Japanese Only)

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Playing as both Kongs (Japanese Only)

Postby The Kirby » March 26th, 2009, 10:40 am

In the Japanese version of DKC, sometimes the Manky Kongs require two jumps/cartwheels from Diddy in order to defeat them. However, it seems to be random and glitchy; it might take just one hit from either, or it he might require two from a jump but only one from a cartwheel. I don't fully understand how this works, so if anyone wants to do further experiments to see if there's a pattern, please feel free.

Anyway, to the glitch... I haven't been able to get this to work in 1.1 of the Japanese game (either because of the aforementioned randomness or perhaps they fixed it in this revision, I'm not sure), but sometimes you can get the game to think that it requires two hits to kill a Manky with Donkey's roll. If you do this, Donkey will roll through the Manky, but Diddy will be knocked away from him (as if he were the one doing the attack) and he'll be controllable while you're playing as Donkey (pretty much the same situation as the glitch you can perform with the barrel cannon in Oil Drum Alley.)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Return to DKC Glitches