Crazy Stuff.

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Crazy Stuff.

Postby BlueTronic » February 20th, 2008, 8:36 am

1. Go to a previously beaten level with a throwable DK barrel, then throw said DK barrel and exit the level by pressing start, then select before it breaks.
2. Go to a level where it's possible to get hit by an enemy while over a cliff. Then, if you have two Kongs, lose one, and then get hit by said enemy. You must be over a cliff because when you get hit your Kong's stance freezes and you fall directly downward.
3. Go to a level with a DK barrel and an animal buddy then bring the animal buddy and DK barrel to the same spot.
4. Thow the DK barrel and get both kongs on the animal buddy
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: The crazy stuff.

Postby Qyzbud » February 20th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Is this topic to help people realise that there are two completely separate outcomes to aim for?

I think that's fair enough, as while crazy stuff has merit, your other glitch thread is way awesomer. People need to know that they aren't the same thing.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » February 20th, 2008, 1:51 pm

They are two different glitches, they just have somewhat similar instructions.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » April 4th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Maybe a little out of the.... theme? Whatever...
But does this glitch work in DKC2 and DKC3? It would be cool since DKC3 has Steel Barrels and, even though they're already glitchy (the steel barrels), would be cool to see that glitch in those 2 games! =)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » April 4th, 2008, 6:37 pm

I... think I'm missing something. What do steel barrels/kegs have to do with this glitch?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » April 4th, 2008, 10:54 pm

talaivaneizer wrote:Maybe a little out of the.... theme? Whatever...
But does this glitch work in DKC2 and DKC3? It would be cool since DKC3 has Steel Barrels and, even though they're already glitchy (the steel barrels), would be cool to see that glitch in those 2 games! =)

Sadly, I highly doubt it. It's worth a try though. And no, this glitch has only DK Barrels in it.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » April 5th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I... think I'm missing something. What do steel barrels/kegs have to do with this glitch?

=P Sorry, I meant it because Steel Barrels usually get really glitched up when you do that trick, you know... XP
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Insane Glitch , Diddy turns into Necky.

Postby Cosmicman » April 20th, 2008, 7:06 am

I thought it was a nice find, there is a lot of crazy stuff going on at the same time but what caught my attention was Diddy turning into Necky. Seems very easy and simple to get it done, hopefully it has not been posted before, if so I'm sorry and feel free to delete it, if not then enjoy. :mrgreen:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJufj8Tsak
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Re: Insane Glitch , Diddy turns into Necky.

Postby Simion32 » April 20th, 2008, 8:39 am

Hmm... If i recall correctly, you can get the playable Kong to turn into lots of things using a PAR code. I assume that the Necky and Diddy somehow got their 'object type' swapped, which turned Diddy into a Necky. Only speculation, though.

Very cool, it's amazing the kind of things that can happen whilst preforming a glitch.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: Insane Glitch , Diddy turns into Necky.

Postby Qyzbud » April 20th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Those two posts were just posted in a new thread, but I've merged them into this one. Pretty self-explanatory, but my reasons can be read within the spoiler below.

Spoiler!
Cosmic, what you've posted here is just a video demo'ing some of the crazy stuff that can result from the steps Kong-Fu listed in another thread. This should be posted in the pre-existing glitch thread entitled The crazy stuff. How about you just post the video in that thread? Any glitches that result from other glitches that are already posted on the forums should be first mentioned in the initial glitch's thread, if it ends up being an important enough discovery to deserve its own thread, we can do that at a later stage. Thanks for sharing, though. :)

I'll delete this thread once you've posted in The crazy stuff. glitch thread.

In that video you posted, Cosmic, I think the most amazing thing is that the game managed to glitch up so much that the 'Kongs' ended up falling right through the ground. It almost looks as though they morphed into Enguarde and managed to swim/lunge beneath the ground. Really weird stuff.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » July 27th, 2010, 9:54 am

There's another, more complicated, way to do the same thing. It's almos impossible (but still do-able) to do on the Snes, and it's better to use a ROM. Go to oil drum alley with both kongs. BEFORE the halfway barrel, (and before the jumping kritters on the stairs with the oil drums) there's a blast barrel. You want to jump beside the barrel so Donkey is doing the "I'm about to fall of the edge of this" movement and slap twice. You have to slap quickly before the barrel fires you up. After getting blasted you should be able to use both kongs at the same time, but only for that level.
It's a bit difficult to do, but it's worth trying. When you go to jump on rambi, some crazy stuff happens.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Return to DKC Glitches