New "Thin air replacing keg" glitch

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

New "Thin air replacing keg" glitch

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 11th, 2008, 1:55 pm

I was showing my dad the invisible keg glitch in Jungle Hijinxs, and it was my first time doing it (yeah, I know, I probably should of practiced first.) Anyways, I was going to do the glitch with the klump (at first though, I thought it said kritter.) I saw a kritter near the 1st bonus level of Jungle Hijinxs, I jumped on the platform that had the bonus level entrance as the ledge, then I faced away from the kritter, and realesed the 'thin air'. What happened instead of what I though would happen is the bonus level entrance below/next to me cracked open IMMEDIATELY after I released the barrel, it didn't take 2 seconds like it would if I were actually holding the keg. Even if I was holding the keg, it would have rolled pass the bonus level, and fall off the side anyway. The glitch wasn't on this page: http://www.dkc-atlas.com/dkc/levels/1-1 so I decided to post it. Has anyone else discovered this?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: New "Thin air replacing keg" glitch

Postby NxCy » June 12th, 2008, 5:11 am

Hmm, this is quite strange. I played around a bit and found that weird stuff can happen when you complete the bonus, depending on how you opened it with the invisible keg. Here's an smv of me managing to warp to the second level:

http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php ... uswarp.smv

I just quickly did the second level to show the map screen. I don't know if this is old or not.
Tourist

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 12th, 2008, 5:30 am

How do I open the movie? I downloaded it, then I told it to search, but it didn't find anything, is there something I'm doing wrong?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby NxCy » June 12th, 2008, 5:33 am

You'll need the emulator 'snes9x' to open and view it.
Tourist

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 12th, 2008, 5:35 am

Huh? Haven't heard much of it. Do you know where I can get it?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » June 12th, 2008, 6:32 am

Seems you haven't ever heard about emulators huh? Anyway...

What ROM is for it? (U), (E), (V1.0)? That stuff, I want to check it in my laptop (it's the only computer with my roms) but since it's more slow than a sleeping snail... I just want to know if it's worth =D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 12th, 2008, 12:19 pm

I tried the glitch again, and found out you pretty much need to be pretty close to the bonus level entrance, otherwise the kritter behind you will slingshot forward instead. I did the bonus level with the glitch, and instead of exiting out the wall near the G in KONG, it just brought me back to start, wierd...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Return to DKC Glitches