Take any land animal buddy to levels with an animal buddy.

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Take any land animal buddy to levels with an animal buddy.

Postby BlueTronic » February 17th, 2008, 3:00 am

There has been a well known glitch that lets you take Rambi to a level with an animal buddy, and through exploration of a glitch Cody found, I was able to find a glitch that let's you take **ANY LAND ANIMAL BUDDY** to a level that already has an animal buddy or to Reptile Rumble. **DO NOT BREAK ANY DK BARRELS UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO DO SO**

1. Go to a previously beaten level with a throwable DK barrel, then throw said DK barrel and exit the level by pressing start, then select before it breaks.
2. Go to a level where it's possible to get hit by an enemy while over a cliff. Then, if you have two Kongs, lose one, and then get hit by said enemy. You must be over a cliff because when you get hit your Kong's stance freezes and you fall directly downward.
3. Go to a level with a DK barrel and an animal buddy then bring the animal buddy and DK barrel to the same spot. Then, if the DK barrel is throwable, put it down over the animal buddy so that the animal buddy and DK barrel overlap, and throw it. The second Kong will automatically hop on the animal buddy.
4. Your Kong's will now make movements at the exact same time. DO NOT let first player on the animal buddy and if you jump, make sure you're away from the animal buddy. Make the Kong not on an animal buddy fall off a cliff without letting the Kong on an animal buddy fall, too.
5. Go to a level with an animal buddy or to Reptile Rumble (You can now break DK barrels as desired).

If you to a water level with an animal buddy there will be no gravity. Keep moving around and DO NOT press Y, B, or A. The level will soon be gravitized and you can walk on the floor , then you can press A, B, or Y as desired. If you press Y, B, or A before the level gravitizes, you'll turn into a Rambi with the color palette of you should-be animal buddy and Rambi will buck and move sideways ceasing all controls, leaving you stuck and you'll have to reset the game.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Take any land animal buddy to levels with an animal budd

Postby Tompa » February 17th, 2008, 12:01 pm

This is one of my favorite glitches in the game. By doing it you can transform Diddy/Donkey to various things, and also create/move objects. It's really awesome.

I think this glitch is metioned on Dave's site, don't remember the name of it currently... And there are some videos on Youtube showing off this glitch. Like this one

I've also made a few emulator movies that shows interesting things, hehe :).
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Re: Take any land animal buddy to levels with an animal buddy.

Postby BlueTronic » February 17th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Tompa wrote:This is one of my favorite glitches in the game. By doing it you can transform Diddy/Donkey to various things, and also create/move objects. It's really awesome.

I think this glitch is metioned on Dave's site, don't remember the name of it currently... And there are some videos on Youtube showing off this glitch. Like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cY4oJEuPM4

Actually, the glitch your talking about is the one Cody found that led me to this one. If all that crazy stuff happens then you've done this glitch wrong. That's why it says not to let both Kongs on the animal buddy, because all that crazy stuff will happen, and you'll have to start the glitch over again.

That one's still cool, though.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » February 17th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Wow, that's quite likely the most awesome glitch discovery I've ever heard of. I can't wait to try it for myself.

I'm impressed not only that you did all of those seemingly random things, but even moreso that you managed to work out just what you did, and how to do it again... On top of that, the glitch opens up a lot of unplanned gameplay options, and no doubt a rollercoaster ride of fun, and even better - more amazing glitches!

One thing particularly intrigues me... You say that Reptile Rumble accepts having an animal buddy enter? That suggests to me that either there was originally meant to be an animal buddy in that level (my bet's on Winky), and so the code for 'animal buddy in area' exists in the level's routines... Or even better; somewhere in there, an animal buddy still exists! I doubt that one highly, but it's surely an exciting thought.

I'll ask this now, but I'm sure I'll find out for myself before I hear back; Does Squawks count as an animal buddy for the purposes of this glitch?
Read: 'Can you do this in Torchlight Trouble?'

Well either way, this is awesome stuff. I really can't wait.

For you: Image
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tompa » February 17th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:
Tompa wrote:This is one of my favorite glitches in the game. By doing it you can transform Diddy/Donkey to various things, and also create/move objects. It's really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cY4oJEuPM4

Actually, the glitch your talking about is the one Cody found that led me to this one. If all that crazy stuff happens then you've done this glitch wrong. That's why it says not to let both Kongs on the animal buddy, because all that crazy stuff will happen, and you'll have to start the glitch over again.

That one's still cool, though.

I haven't done it wrong... I have been playing around with this glitch a lot. There are millions of things you can do by letting them both jump on the animals, and then jump off. Shall I record some movies?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby BlueTronic » February 18th, 2008, 5:43 am

When I said "If the crazy stuff happens you've done it wrong", I meant if you get on the animal buddy with both Kongs, when you let one fall of a cliff and go to a level with an animal buddy you'll have Rambi no matter what animal buddy you did it with. That's why you can't let the crazy stuff happen when trying to do this glitch.

Though it starts out with the same steps, this is an entirely different glitch from what I keep calling "the crazy stuff".
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 19th, 2008, 9:23 am

I love this glitch. It's so fun :)
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » February 19th, 2008, 1:06 pm

That's really awesome seeing Winky in a factory setting, and Expresso pretending to be a penguin.
I'm not sure those posted pics need to be quite so big, though...

What a great glitch, how on earth did you work it out?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » February 19th, 2008, 3:02 pm

I somehow missed your first post in this thread, but it doesn't work in Torchlight Trouble, and I didn't find it on my own. Cody found the crazy stuff, then I explored it and got only one Kong on the animal buddy, tried to jump over a cliff, and one fell down. . .

. . .and broke his crown. :)

Most likely, it works in Reptile Rumble because they put Rambi there, but took him out because he made the level too easy and can just ram through everything, and forgot to redisable animal buddies.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » February 19th, 2008, 3:42 pm

I think it would have been Winky. He seems much more at home in the caves... and they took him out because they decided they wanted to have 'tires' all over the place instead. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » March 11th, 2008, 9:39 am

What a great glitch, how on earth did you work it out?

Back in 2003, I accidentally ran off the first Temple Tempest cliff while holding a DK barrel. For some reason, I threw the DK barrel before the game said I died, paused the game, and exited the level (I only went back to beat the bonus, but decided to give it a miss). I then entered Orang-Utan Gang and continued onwards, until of the Klaptraps collided with me...That caused Donkey Kong to freeze in place, forcing me to shut the game off.

I could never replicate it until I discovered exactly how to do it (this was back in August when I was experimenting).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby BlueTronic » March 11th, 2008, 9:53 am

This thread is actually for the discussion of that glitch I found when I was exploring your glitch, but everyone still get's them mixed up anyway, so never mind :roll:.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=40
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 11th, 2008, 11:12 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Wrong thread.

No, I don't think so. The question was asked here, and the answer is relevant here.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 11th, 2008, 11:39 am

The answers are relevant, but
Kong-Fu wrote:Though it starts out with the same steps, this is an entirely different glitch from what I keep calling "the crazy stuff".

All I was saying that this thread is for the take any land animal buddy to other levels glitch. No biggie. People are always getting them mixed up. ;)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 11th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Okay, but Cody's post mentioned nothing of the crazy stuff, so I don't see any problem...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 11th, 2008, 1:14 pm

He
a. Stopped at where DK froze (which, if he were talking about this glitch he would've explained the rest of the glitch)
b. actually found that glitch BEFORE I found this glitch via exploration his glitch.

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is, but your the boss, so I guess I can PM him and ask him to clear this up for you.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 11th, 2008, 1:24 pm

As I said; I don't see any problem. Nothing needs to be cleared up.

Cody was explaining the origin of the discovery. The part he played in it. It's exactly what I was hoping to find out.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Qyzbud » March 12th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Haha, oh my goodness... I've been playing DKC regularly for around half of my life now, and I still can't imagine getting tired of it. As soon as another game comes out which lets you DODGE SQUID WHILE RIDING AN OSTRICH ...well I may just play that game instead. Oh who am I kidding.

(Sorry, I just gotta share this one)

To think I had come to accept that I would never complete Croctopus Chase whilst riding Expresso. I was a fool to doubt. ;)

Cody, BlueTronic... Seriously. Thanks for doing such bizarre sequences of actions, and sharing the glorious results.

One final note here... BlueTronic, I just went through and tested this glitch with all five English-language ROM versions (2 PAL and 3 NTSC), and I couldn't bring any animal buddies into Reptile Rumble. Are you sure it was Reptile Rumble that you meant in your first post, and subsequent posts? Aside from that part of your post, I can validate that all of this works just fine in DKC PAL 1.0 and 1.1, and NTSC 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Just incase anyone was curious.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 8:17 am

It worked for me on SNES (I don't remember trying on my emulator, but I probably did.) If only you could bring Engarde to other levels. I can see it now... :)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tompa » March 14th, 2008, 1:48 am

Kong-Fu wrote:It worked for me on SNES (I don't remember trying on my emulator, but I probably did.) If only you could bring Engarde to other levels. I can see it now... :)

It's a secret for everybody...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » March 14th, 2008, 2:38 am

Tompa, you are a crazy man. You'll find a way to do anything, won't you?! :)

Hey... Enguarde actually looks damn cool in those dark tones.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tompa » March 14th, 2008, 4:11 am

The wheel has turn into Diddy, so he killed Donkey Kong.
Diddy turned into Enguarde and Enguard holds a barrel (You can actually hold two barrels at the same time).

Also, before Diddy turned into Enguarde he jumped off Rambi (Which was in the shape of Expresso)

You can also create others things, or move objects. I guess I could do a movie showing a lot of that =).
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » March 15th, 2008, 3:41 am

Tompa wrote:I guess I could do a movie showing a lot of that =).

Yes please. :) ...in a new topic, of course.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » March 15th, 2008, 9:44 am

Kong-Fu wrote:It worked for me on SNES (I don't remember trying on my emulator, but I probably did.) If only you could bring Engarde to other levels. I can see it now... :)

I admit, after four long years...I created that fake glitch! I submitted it in early 2004, where I regularly browsed the internet with CoralCapers417. I have access to the email to this day, so if you need any proof, feel free to ask.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby BlueTronic » March 15th, 2008, 9:52 am

That was you!? I tried 5 times to do that glitch. :x How'd you make the picture? Pasting sprites?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby BlueTronic » March 15th, 2008, 9:57 am

:lol:

I wonder how the Gamewinners Staff would react if I reported it as a fake.

This would be their reaction: :shock:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Cody » March 15th, 2008, 10:15 am

Please don't; it's possibly the longest-living "fake" glitch there!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby BlueTronic » March 15th, 2008, 10:23 am

I wasn't going to. That's too awesome of a practical joke to see it deleted. :mrgreen:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 15th, 2008, 1:52 pm

You've gotta be kidding... Some people will believe anything! :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 15th, 2008, 2:10 pm

For the possibility of achieving that? Wouldn't you atleast try it once?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby BlueTronic » March 15th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Qyz wrote:You gotta be kidding me. Peple will believe anything :lol:

Others might've said the same about this thread's glitch
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 15th, 2008, 3:36 pm

I must admit I was skeptical... but the results were amazing. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » March 16th, 2008, 5:42 am

Except... that picture looks painfully fake. Like it took 15 seconds to make. I can't see how they believed it...
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » March 16th, 2008, 11:20 am

Agreed. You realise I said "the results were amazing" regarding this thread's titular glitch, right? ...not that dodgy screenshot. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 16th, 2008, 11:24 am

Yeah, that looks really fake. Really fake.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Cody » March 16th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Haha.

To further exemplify my 12-year-old intelligence at the time that I had created the picture, I accidentally used Donkey Kong Country 2's [K] sprite instead of the original. Also, it did only take about 15 seconds to make.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby BlueTronic » March 16th, 2008, 3:32 pm

I just noticed that the K is like twice as big as it normally is! :lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Banjoster » March 17th, 2008, 4:01 am

Wow, at first I thought it wouldn't work, I was wrong, this is probally the coolest glitch ever. :)
Tourist

Postby Stone » March 17th, 2008, 6:24 am

Kong-Fu wrote:I just noticed that the K is like twice as big as it normally is! :lol:

Almost looks like the DKC2 one ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

How to walk underwater, (and maybe take Enguarde on land)

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 16th, 2008, 10:42 am

Using this techinque, you will be able to walk underwater, and maybe, just maybe, be able to take Enguarde into land levels. First, do the DK barrel and Start+Select glitch in any level, but stop when you complete the step of falling to precipise, then go to an underwater level, and grab the first DK barrel. The Kong that came out will be walking! There might be a way to take Enguarde into land levels by going to Poison Pond, but there's a slight problem. To take animal buddies to other levels, you need to have the Kong that just came out of the DK barrel to mount the animal buddy, then have the other Kong die somehow, but the problem is that once the Kong that's walking underwater, (the one that just came out of the DK barrel of course), mounts Enguarde, the other Kong refuses to get hit by the fish, sharks, mincers, etc. but if we somehow try different techniques and what not, we might find a way to do it. If you find out how, post the way to do it here.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Return to DKC Glitches