DKC Glitch Videos

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

DKC Glitch Videos

Postby Tompa » February 16th, 2008, 10:39 pm

I posted this in DKvine too, no one bothered apparently. So I guess I can post them here as well
I have so far recorded the three first worlds, showing off a few glitches, and I will continue with the other three worlds as well. Have just been lazy...

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

For some reasons I had problem uploading it to video google, so I just picked something else.

I hope you will see something you didn't know of, and sorry that my voice is extremely ass.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Re: DKC Glitch Videos

Postby Qyzbud » February 17th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Your voice is not very extremely ass. It's entertaining! I saw one of your DKC videos a little while back, and it was quite cool. The narration was the best part. :D

I will take a look when I'm not on dial-up next. Hopefully tomorrow, somehow... I hope I see something new, too. Seeing new tricks and stuff is truly awesome.

Oh, and I think you're posting in the right place. DKC Atlas welcomes glitch discussion and videos. DKU wasn't the best spot for that, was it...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » February 17th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Wow, nice! 8-)

Quite a lot of neat tricks here I had no clue about. I'll give some of these a shot soon. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tompa » February 20th, 2008, 4:51 pm

I'm going to record part 4 tomorrow. Was just wondering if someone in here wanted to join in for some commentary? =)
Skype is needed.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » February 21st, 2008, 5:02 pm

Hey, I didn't realise you could start/select before finishing a level! Nice trick, which I won't spoil for those who haven't seen the vids yet. :D For some reason only half of each video seems to be loading, but that could be an internet problem at my end. I'll try again later.

Nice skills, anyhow. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tompa » February 22nd, 2008, 3:38 am

According to the game, the level ends when you are going into the cave which is often in the end of the level. In Mine Cart Carnage it is at the sign, because you lose control there.

3½ hours to a new video recording.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » February 22nd, 2008, 12:53 pm

Makes sense, really. There's absolutely no way not to finish the level by that point.
(of course, with the exception of the aforementioned trick or some rather extreme measure...)

So I guess MCC is rather the unique level, for that reason, and a few other reasons, of course.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tompa » December 16th, 2010, 1:37 am

I stopped doing these nearly three years ago, because they are awfully made. I will be doing something similar for Youtube eventually, but I have been lazy.

You should check the date when the posts were made so that you don't do useless bumps for no reason. If something like this has been dead for this long, it probably won't be revived. Have this in mind.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby rainbowsprinklez » December 14th, 2016, 7:33 am

This won't get revived? ;)
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Return to DKC Glitches