Temple Tempest -> Jungle Hijinx (aka the "Woah..." glitch)

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Temple Tempest -> Jungle Hijinx (aka the "Woah..." glitch)

Postby Kowbrainz » February 16th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Yeah... I found this glitch in the NTSC rom, so I'll have to check if it works in the real thing.

Basically, I was doing another run of DKC. I'd gotten up to Temple Tempest and completed the level, but forgotten the first bonus, so I went back in again with Diddy solo.

I picked up the DK barrel and used it to break open the first bonus, and DK came in with me when he was freed from the trapped barrel.

Inside the bonus, I made a mistake and did an early cartwheel attack with Diddy, and got hit by the necky. Diddy froze in place on the edge of the platform. I rolled through the necky and into the pit. I tried pressing start select, but it was too late.

Here's the weird part. Strangely enough, I was not returned to the level. Instead, I was put at the very beginning of Jungle Hijinx.

Anybody want to test this with a PAL or NTSC cartridge?

Edit: After pressing start select, it returned me to the mapscreen with Temple Tempest again... :?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Woah...

Postby Tompa » February 16th, 2008, 10:12 pm

My friend discovered that like 2 years ago :). You can also do it on the bonus with the second bonus in the same level. But you have to start rolling at a perfect frame. In the necky bonus you can just run forward into it.
*Oh, never mind, I'm stupid, edit above message*

There are other levels where you can warp back to the very first level.

I haven't tried it on the PAL version really. But I'm quite sure it is possible... I better hook up the game now and try at once =).

Edit: Just tried it on PAL console. I wasn't able to do it. Shall test with emulator instead.
Nope, not possible. NTSC only.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Temple Tempest bonus - Jungle Hijinxs warp glitch

Postby Qyzbud » February 20th, 2008, 1:23 pm

Yeah, I was quite sad to find that this only worked on my NTSC copy.

I was thrilled with the discovery at the time, but couldn't recreate it on my SNES. :cry:

Oh, Kowz... try to think of a better title for this glitch thread. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Woah...

Postby BlueTronic » February 20th, 2008, 1:37 pm

Try 'The Nega Warp Glitch'.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Temple Tempest bonus - Jungle Hijinxs warp glitch

Postby Kowbrainz » February 20th, 2008, 6:26 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Oh, Kowz... try to think of a better title for this glitch thread. ;)

Happier now? :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Temple Tempest -> Jungle Hijinx (aka the "Woah..." glitch)

Postby request dude » May 18th, 2008, 6:49 am

Here's the weird part. Strangely enough, I was not returned to the level. Instead, I was put at the very beginning of Jungle Hijinx.

I made a video of that glitch a while ago, here is it, so you have more evidence :P
Tourist

Return to DKC Glitches