Hack DKC on Wii

Talk about the original Donkey Kong Country for SNES and VC.
The ports can be discussed in the DKC Ports (GBC, GBA) subforum.

Hack DKC on Wii

Postby funkyblue » March 6th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Hello,

This might sound dumb. I am going to buy a Wii this week and already have a Classic Controller. What I want to do is transfer my current levels and ranking from the SNES to the Wii so I can continue where I left off. I know you can't literally do that, but is there a hack for the Wii so I could edit the game and bring it upto where I was? I don't want to cheat. I'm determined to finish the game, if takes me years! Or do I just have to start again?

Cheers
Newcomer

Re: Hack DKC on Wii

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 23rd, 2012, 10:35 am

Well... First off, If you want to hack a game, you are going to have to install the Homebrew Channel, but in order to get the Homebrew Channel, you are going to have to hack your wii (you can softmod it or hard mod it, but soft moding is safer and easier). But anyway, If you have ever seen the Homebrew Channel, you would know that it's purpose is to get applications that you can not normaly get on the wii. I know there is a way to hack normal wii games with something you can get on the Homebrew Channel called Riivoloution , but I don't think you can do it with downloaded games. Of course, there may be an application particularly designed to hack downloaded games. Hope I helped! :nicework:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Re: Hack DKC on Wii

Postby funkyblue » August 23rd, 2012, 11:09 am

Old post now. I managed to get past the level on the Wii anyway. I'm still struggling with this game. I gave up. I might get it out of the cupboard. :)
Newcomer

Return to Donkey Kong Country