Let's Play: Donkey Kong Country

Talk about the original Donkey Kong Country for SNES and VC.
The ports can be discussed in the DKC Ports (GBC, GBA) subforum.

Let's Play: Donkey Kong Country

Postby Kowbrainz » November 8th, 2008, 11:18 pm

Wow, lookie here! Not only do you get to hear my amazingly sexy voice (ahem...) but you get to see me suck at Donkey Kong Country, too! Which is kind of funny; the people who have viewed this so far on Youtube think I'm quite good at this game, although a quick glance at my playing from you guys will probably tell you I'm quite rubbish... haha.

ANYway, I never thought the first few eps of this thing would grab so much attention, seeing as the game has been done so many times before by people on Youtube. Maybe those peeps just failed miserably, I dunno. In either case, I'll keep going, maybe even advertise this place later on; although I doubt many people will hang around if they think I'm good at this game. We'll see. :P

I'll just inform you that these have been praised for their 'informative commentary' rather than their comedic factor, so most of what I tell you will be what you already know. Or in Qyz's case, what I've learned from him, haha.

All that said, hope you guys enjoy. Maybe. Please?

Part 1
Part 2
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Let's Play: Donkey Kong Country

Postby Qyzbud » November 9th, 2008, 9:54 am

Cool stuff, I'll check out your play (and more importantly, your sexy voice) when I get to a computer with broadband.

It's nice to know that people will give a new 'let's play' a go, even if there are many out there already. I plan to do a 'glitch-through' or a 'tricktape' in the future, which will show each trick/glitch/mystery I know of... Erm, unless that's what you've done here, of course... I'd better take a look soon. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Angry Sun » November 9th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Oh noes. Kowz is gonna shoot me. D:

I never played DKC. I never played an SNES game really...

Good start so far Kow, my man.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Kowbrainz » November 9th, 2008, 10:23 pm

I never said shoot you with a gun. I meant shoot you with my new camera phone, so that I can post your picture up on my wall and deface it. :P ;)

Qyz: I've shown a few tricks, but I'm not sure I can pull off some of the stuff that's been posted here. I'm all up for including some challenge runs of levels or attempting some tricks during the LP if you guys like; something like trying to complete a certain level with those challenges you have up on the individual level pages on the site or something. All the tricks I've showcased so far are very basic, though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tompa » November 14th, 2008, 4:45 am

Nice! I like to see LPs of this game. I want more glitches though :D. (I guess my own LP of it is enough for that though...)
A tip: Add the DKC-Atlas homepage in your movie description. A good way to get more people here, isn't it? :)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Kowbrainz » December 27th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Decided to keep going with this thing: http://au.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3A592DDB8B1063B0
There's five more videos there. If you'd like to see more glitches and/or tricks, you can request them here and I'll see what I can do.

I'll say it now though, there's a rather weird one in part 9 that came completely unexpectedly and almost forced me to reset, haha. Someone's probably seen it happen before, but I haven't. I've advertised this place in the description although I doubt the folks on youtube will be that interested in the game to join. We'll see though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Return to Donkey Kong Country