All hand slap locations

Talk about the original Donkey Kong Country for SNES and VC.
The ports can be discussed in the DKC Ports (GBC, GBA) subforum.

All hand slap locations

Postby DKC » May 23rd, 2016, 8:47 pm

I was wondering if there was a collection of all hidden hand slap items and locations for all levels any where? I am playing through the DKC competition cartridge and want to go for max points (with a code to turn the timer off), and it is a lot of effort to find them all myself (and I will probably miss some anyway). If any one has any info that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: Okay, I realise max points is a little silly with no timer restrictions because of things like re-spawning enemies out of bonuses, deaths, etc but I would still be interested in a list of all hand slap locations if there is one.
DKC
Newcomer

Re: All hand slap locations

Postby Kingizor » May 23rd, 2016, 10:59 pm

There are a few ways.

The simplest would probably be viewing hidden caches directly on the map pages here by enabling the bonus overlays layer in the hud.

Alternatively these can also be viewed directly with DKCRE. The latest release of DKCRE is also capable of generating json files with lists of each object and banana for every level (Mode->Extraction->Object & Banana Map JSONs). These typically contain coordinates for each item as X and Y. You'd then be able to open a json file for a particular level in a text editor or browser and search for the term "hidden item cache". Might be handier if you wanted an actual list.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Return to Donkey Kong Country