Map warps between levels.

Talk about the original Donkey Kong Country for SNES and VC.
The ports can be discussed in the DKC Ports (GBC, GBA) subforum.

Map warps between levels.

Postby nickp17 » February 15th, 2015, 6:14 am

Hey all. dkcnick here. I was formerly nickp17 here but I lost my login info so I decided to make a new account. I've always had a high interest in this game and I recently started to take it more seriously.

I have always known about the warp between Jungle Hijinxs and Ropey Rampage but I actually discovered a new one today. It's between Cranky's Cabin and Reptile Rumble. I had no idea about this skip and discovered it on an accident. Are there anymore skips that I don't know about?

Here is a video of me discovering it. It takes me a few seconds to realize it happened but it is a very candid reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nsiS3v61nY&t=1m47s
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Re: Map warps between levels.

Postby Qyzbud » February 15th, 2015, 7:16 pm

The inked imbecile returns! :D

You know, it's actually possible to warp to Orang-utan Gang from any of the four 'empty corners' on Kongo Jungle's map screen paths. This is mentioned somewhat fleetingly in my description of the warp glitch on our Kongo Jungle world info page, but I suppose it's an easy thing to miss.

Still, it was fun to see your reaction video; the moment the penny drops is very apparent, haha. :lol:

Anyway, welcome back, mate; I'll be sure to lend a hand restoring your former account. :nicework:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Map warps between levels.

Postby Tompa » February 15th, 2015, 10:06 pm

There are also a lot of other warp glitches, inside levels, that can take you between different worlds. Though on the mapscreen, there are only those four located in World 1.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Return to Donkey Kong Country