Favorite level and World

Talk about the original Donkey Kong Country for SNES and VC.
The ports can be discussed in the DKC Ports (GBC, GBA) subforum.

Favorite level and World

Postby Phyreburnz » July 19th, 2011, 9:42 am

What is your favorite level and world in Donkey Kong Country?

Mine is Slipslide Ride. I love the crystal cave theme, and it's only used once in the whole game!
I like the Gorilla Glacier world the best. It has a few things that are only used once in the game, such as the crystal cave theme and Squawks.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: Favorite level and World

Postby Ribbedebie » July 31st, 2011, 2:57 am

Definitely Tree Top Town, and thus, the world with all the woods. I kind of forgot its name. Shame on me!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » December 29th, 2011, 9:36 am

Jungle Hijinxs. Contains DK's Treehouse which brings back a lot of good 'ol memories.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Phyreburnz » January 3rd, 2012, 9:08 am

Conker's Bad Fur Day wrote:DK's Treehouse brings back a lot of good 'ol memories.

My older brother and sister started to hate that level! When my aunt got the game, I was still really young and I sucked hard-core at DKC. I just played the first level over and over again!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 8th, 2012, 11:47 am

I love Stop and Go station because it was a fair challenge and it seems so addicting to play. I personally like Monkey Mines because the levels all looked cool. They also had good themes. Loopy Lights was really cool and Platform Perils actually made you use barrels to kill enemys instead of being an option.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby SexyRayman » February 2nd, 2012, 3:27 pm

Favorite stage is Tree top town & Jungle Hijinxs! and my favorite world is the woods.
Tourist

Postby Shy Guys Stash » February 4th, 2012, 11:01 am

I would have to say Vine Vally as favorite world and favorite level has to be snow barrel blast
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Iconic » April 17th, 2012, 2:12 pm

I liked MineCart Carnage and Manic Mincers the best.
My favorite world though, would have to be Chimp Caverns.
Newcomer

Postby Shy Guys Stash » April 20th, 2012, 11:23 am

My favorite world though, would have to be Chimp Caverns.

oh god I found that world stressfull when I was a child

omg Shy Guy's Stash is back were did he go, he's soo cool!
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Glimmer » April 21st, 2012, 10:40 am

Kongo Jungle is my favorite world and i really loved all the jungle levels. After all, it's the natural habitat of kongs ;)
Tourist

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 31st, 2012, 6:33 pm

"That's like me asking, 'Dear Kelly, what's your favorite molecule of air that you've breathed?'" (Anyone who gets this reference wins a free Image)

My favorite world would definitely be Kremkroc Industries Inc. I LOVE that place. I've always loved the idea of infiltrating enemy territory, especially when it's a factory. It's a shame there's only two factory levels in the whole game. Plus, have you seen the Game Boy Advance world map of this place?
All those dim-lit mysterious back alleys and that shanty posion lake make an awesome hideout.

As for my favorite level, it was a tough squeeze, but I'll have to go with Stop & Go Station. This description from DK Vine will do the talking for me:
This is true terror. The dank empty mines, with the low music playing consisting of water hitting the floor and dogs barking. And the Rockrocks, the most terrifying drone enemy ever in DKU history. Their red glowing eyes still haunt many a dream.

Rockrocks are like Kremling zombies, easily the most cunning of all the Kremling species. When the Level Builder is finished I'm DEFINITLY making 'Night of the Rockrocks', nobody steal mah ah-dears!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 3rd, 2012, 11:44 am

Minecart Carnage hands down.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby rockkroc » August 20th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Tree Top Town and Jungle Hijinx for me.
Newcomer

Postby MatiZ » July 20th, 2014, 5:22 am

My favourite level is Orang-utan Gang. I love how the sky changes colors. Kongo Jungle is my favourite world.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Return to Donkey Kong Country