Explain your name!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Names, names...

Postby Phyreburnz » March 21st, 2011, 11:48 am

Dude... Really, Ribbedebie? Holy crap! Your English is better than some Americans! And that's not a joke! And that's super awesome that you're self-taught! I totally thought that you were either from an English-speaking country or you learned it in school or something! :D And sorry for all the exclamation points!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ribbedebie » March 22nd, 2011, 1:28 am

Aw, thanks. Yeah, I spoke on English language forums by the age of 9 (even though back then I was barely understandable, heh.) I dunno how I picked up the language that quickly, as nobody in my family actually uses the English language... Well, I did learn a lot of other things from school, but the basics were thanks to Banjo-Tooie and later issues of the Animals of Farthing Wood. :P
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby MadcapTech » March 24th, 2011, 2:36 pm

My name was randomly conjured up when I first had Xbox Live in 2005. There is really no back story to it other than that.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Chibisai Kong » March 27th, 2011, 4:46 am

Phyreburnz wrote:My middle name is Renee! XD Silliness!

LOL, you're the third person I know whose middle name is Renee. And Ribbedebie I agree with Phyreburnz
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Ninni973 » December 3rd, 2011, 12:41 pm

My real name is Dylan. My username is just a mix of my last name (Ninni) and the first line of my phone number.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 5th, 2011, 6:01 am

Dylan Ninni? Interesting name. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » December 14th, 2011, 4:58 am

My name is Mark, that is why I call my self "Mark"ster.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Explain your name! (was "Names, names...")

Postby Aaendi » December 19th, 2011, 11:12 am

My forum name is a more interesting way of spelling my real name.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 9th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Here recently it seems some people at school have been calling me Cat as a reference to Cat Valentine from VICTORiOUS because I always talk about strange things my brother does.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » April 10th, 2012, 4:29 am

Well, it started out when I made movies in Movie Maker, where my avatar was Paper Luigi. Then, when I started making SMB Levels I named them "Luigi's Lost Levels", but then thought a different name would be better. So, when I made another Mario game with a better editor, I named the game "Super Luigi Brothers", put myself into the game, and called him Super Luigi! And the name has stuck ever since.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby len8946 » April 20th, 2012, 6:36 pm

Well, my little sister like to play 1 to 100 at dinner, where you have to guess a number between 1 and 100 :P
One night I decided to to play 1 to 12000, and I chose my number as 8946.

For some unknown reason, I never, ever forgot that number. And my real name is Lennon, after John Lennon.

So yeah. len8946. I don't know. Not very exciting :lol:
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Super Luigi! » April 21st, 2012, 3:01 pm

Compared to your avatar, the name is very tame! Exciting, well sure!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » April 22nd, 2012, 3:36 am

len8946 wrote:And my real name is Lennon, after John Lennon.

That's awesome, and an automatic win! You do like The Beatles, right?! I would hope so! :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cody » April 22nd, 2012, 3:38 am

Your actual name is Lennon, len? That's epic :D hopefully you like The Beatles (though that's not hard given gems like Abbey Road, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's & Rubber Soul)! :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 4th, 2012, 10:42 am

My real name is Andrew, but everyone just calls me Drew. I thought of my user name randomly when I got bored, but it's not as good as anybody else. :( You know what's cool about my initials? they spell AMS or perferebly DMS because I like it to be DS. 8-)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Gaz » August 4th, 2012, 10:55 am

Real name = NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Anyway, I got this username because after I got Conker's Pocket Tales and heard about Twelve Tails: Conker 64 a few years later, I was so excited about the sequel. Though, it had been converted to Conker's Bad Fur Day which I never got, due to the ratings ;(. I can in May 2013 (finally!), my seventeenth birthday.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Axis » August 9th, 2012, 3:17 am

My real name is Allen.

My username is comprised of two words mainly. Axis is very self-explanatory and straightforward describing a center and transhumant in summary describes the seasonal movement of lamb and cattle in pasture, mainly the goal of a shepherd.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 23rd, 2012, 4:03 pm

Conker's Bad Fur Day wrote:[...] Conker's Bad Fur Day which I never got, due to the ratings ;(. I can in May 2013 (finally!), my seventeenth birthday.

You're the only person I know who has to be 17 in order to play an M rated game (no offence).
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 24th, 2012, 12:30 am

My mom said I could play M-rated games when I was ten if someone was playing with me or was in the room.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » August 24th, 2012, 12:55 am

I got to play Mortal Kombat games when I was a little kid, and those games where rated M, my parents never thought it was that bad, and I got to play a ton of T for Teen games as well, I am officially old enough for T for Teen games now, because I'm 15, but still not old enough for M and AO games.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 25th, 2012, 6:21 am

I've been playing T-rated games for as long as I can remember and M-rated games all by my lonesome since I was twelve.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby 7S7ui3 » September 22nd, 2012, 7:46 am

7s7ui3 is TStuie in l33tspeech. T is the first letter in my first name and Stuie is a nickname for my last name :lol: My username is bad, and I should feel bad :roll:
Tourist

Postby Katastrophe Kong » September 22nd, 2012, 11:02 am

Catastrophe + Donkey Kong Country = Katastrophe Kong

I usually use just "K. Tastrophe" now.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 8th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Qyzbud wrote:[...] my name here is Qyzbud... but please, call me Qyz.

My name came from being with a certain sexy website creator ;)
Oh and my name is Phoebe.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Re: Explain your name!

Postby Super Luigi! » October 9th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Wait, so all this time you wanted to be called Qyz? Wow, if only I knew. Can I still call you the Almighty Qyzbud though? It seems fitting. And Mrs. Qyzbud, what should we call you, Goddess Phoebe?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 9th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Oooh haha!

No, Mrs Qyzbud will do :P
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Qyzbud » October 9th, 2012, 2:36 pm

And yes; Qyz, Qyzbud, Qyz Almighty and any variations are fine by me. :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 10th, 2012, 9:31 pm

At home he's just called "Babe".

Because he is one - A babe, that is.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Super Luigi! » October 11th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Like Babe Ruth? Because I could see Qyzbud, our Almighty Creator (Yes, now I'm comparing you to God), as a successful baseball batter.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 11th, 2012, 11:19 pm

No babe as in he's a babe ^.^

I don't think we have baseball here :/
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby ShaneM » November 23rd, 2013, 12:21 pm

:thumbs: My name is Shane M. My Indian nickname is Aduel (pronounced AH-DUEL), but I prefer ShaneM. I am a programmer and ROM hacker. I also own my own forum. I will add it to my signature some time. I enjoy Mario, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Zelda, etc. I'm sort of weird and very pedantic. I don't really beat around the bush much, either. I enjoy weight training, too. Before I started ASM, my interests were linguistics and philosophy, which I went to college for.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

EDIT: I am also a little bit of a hypochondriac.
^
Bananas received 10

Postby Super Luigi! » November 26th, 2013, 4:00 am

It all makes sense now! You're the famous Amazing Aduel that I've heard about on my trips across the Internet and radio! How else could you be so flexible in your numerous talents?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » December 10th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Well, I can't believe I hadn't posted here yet.
Although I'm not saying my real name here, as that isn't the original aim of the topic, I will explain the story behind my name.

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NITE....
Storms lashed the rugged terrain of Donkey Kong Island, home of the- wait a sec...

Oops, wrong story. :facepalm:
REAL STORY/STORIES
Spoiler!
One day, I stumbled upon a Super Mario fansite which I thought was cool. It was named MFGG, where one could submit various Mario-related fangame material, as well as sprite rips. Since I was playing Super Mario RPG at the time, and I was in a rush for a name, I selected 'geno'. I soon regretted not using the SHIFT key.

DONE STORY ABOUT ORIGINAL NAME, COMMENCING DIFFERENT ONE FOR ONE OF THE ALT ONES I GO AS
Spoiler!
Anyway, after a long while of having my stuff declined due to "Oh, this is stolen", or "This is a recolour of something else" (by the way, both of which were NOT true), I got fed up and left (more like faded away). I found 2 more sites to invade rather quickly, one of which was named Cutstuff (mainly Mega Man themed), and the other one is so obscure, I do not think you will know what it is, but it is called "DKC Atlas". After some vast improvements in my custom spriting skills, I decided to test my sprite EDITING skills. Now, let me tell you a little something about Cutstuff: The "Official Cutstuff game", Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch, has a bucketload of custom skins which are edits of the character Roll. So I edited Roll a lot, as I thought it wouldn't look too out of place. I was wrong, but the thing was, one of the characters I chose to edit Roll into resembling, was (you guessed it,) Geno. This prompted me to change my appearance, as it was originally just the regular ol' Geno from SMRPG. Then, it became Roll, dressed as Geno. Although I continued to go by the original name, but with the new appearance, when I was putting my MM8BDM player profile on the Cutstuff, I noticed a problem. "Geno" was already used. So, I used GenoRoll, which is now my alternate name, as well as my character's name.

DONE STORY ABOUT CURRENT NAME

And there you have it!

Actually, have a bonus story about my new current appearance. It's another Cutstuff based thingy, so beware.
COMMENCING STORY ABOUT 'OLDER' CHARACTER APPEARANCE
Spoiler!
So, all was fine and dandy, I was mucking about with my acquaintances at both Cutstuff, and DKCAtlas, and having a wonderful time. However, one day, on a Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch server, I got REALLY annoyed at someone, so I said:
I have reached maximun pissed-offness!

Now, the response immediately after was
Aw, aren't you cute!

That made me more angry, and I started to think it was about how I looked.

Much later, I was digging around Cutstuff, when I found the topic of an individual, who had the novel idea to age his own character(s) to correspond with stuff going on with their own fan-fiction thing. Now, I thought "Hey, that's cool, let me try something like that!"
So I got to work. Since I haven't really wrote any sort of stories about myself, I aged the character based on my own appearance and age, so I had to look tall, and look like an adult, even though I'm not quite there yet. I also modified the costume a bit, due to problems with arm movements, and not wanting to look TOO indecent.
IT was described as (I'm paraphrasing here)"An OC made out of two existing ones, and it managed to not look like a ripoff", so I succeeded, and here we are!
And for anyone who cares, all 3 of me.

Holy crap, I wrote so much. I doubt anybody's gonna read it at all though... :facepalm: :shakehead:

Oops, and by the way, I almost forgot that I also go by "Geno2925" on sites that require numbers in the username, or that "Geno" is not available.
The numbers being something school related, that will be burned into my mind forever.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby the_kong_br » June 29th, 2014, 5:16 am

My name is a double name: Luis Eduardo
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby ArnyTheMutant » July 6th, 2014, 4:02 am

I always liked the name Eduardo, but i have never meet anyone named like that, witch is strange, since according to some people, Eduardo is a common name in the city where i live.
I'm Mexican, so Arnold is NOT my real name... my real name is Armando, and i don't like it at all, i think is way too long and when i was in elementary school my classmates made fun of me because my name sounded silly, it reminds me how i didn't have any friend in my childhood.
Tourist
Bananas received 10

Postby spaceman2028 » August 30th, 2014, 4:48 am

Geno wrote:...it was originally just the regular ol' Geno from SMRPG. Then, it became Roll, dressed as Geno. Although I continued to go by the original name, but with the new appearance, when I was putting my MM8BDM player profile on the Cutstuff, I noticed a problem. "Geno" was already used. So, I used GenoRoll, which is now my alternate name, as well as my character's name.

So YOU are that person i keep hearing about on custuff...i had no idea! :thumbs:

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NITE....
Storms lashed the rugged terrain of Donkey Kong Island, home of the- wait a sec...

Oops, wrong story. :facepalm:

LOL that sounds like something DKCplayer would like to make, or possibly Eddie as a part of her comic, which has it's own topic(hey that rhymes). We might want to check that out some time later!
by the way DK Isles is referred to as Kongo Bongo Island in the cartoon.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby RC Spriter » July 11th, 2015, 12:13 pm

SUPER DUPER BUMP!

I've used the name RC Spriter on forums and stuff for as long as I can remember. It's based on RC Shroober, an enemy from Mario & Luigi Partners in Time. "Spriter" is because I like to make custom sprites. I think MFGG (Mario Fan Games Galaxy) was the first website I used it on, but I haven't been there for quite a long time.

Spoiler!
Also, unrelated to that, I have a nickname that everybody from my high school called me: "JP Swag." My initials are JP, and "swag" came from one day in 10th grade math class when I answered a question using some new method I made up that was way faster than the method they were teaching us. The teacher said "Wow, I guess we'll use that from now on," and someone shouted "Yeah, JP Swag!" And it stuck forever... In the following years, everyone continued to add to the running theme that I had the most swag on the planet, and there was even a "swag index" measured in "percent JP" that somebody invented. What can I say, maybe they're right. :kiddycool:
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Postby Rapidkirby3k » November 13th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Terribly sorry for the sudden bump, but I wanted to take this opportunity to explain my username:

The name, 'Rapidkirby3k', came around the time I had an enjoyment playing the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64 as my favorite character, Kirby. As I needed a brand new alias at the time SSB was rather new, I managed to come up with that from out of nowhere and the random name stuck with me for so many years. 8-)
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 7th, 2022, 3:58 pm

My name is fairly simple! I am a birder and my favorite bird is a Western Tanager. I am a professional chess player, a grandmaster in fact, (not really, I’m only a International Master, but close enough though) and the Dewey decimal number for chess books is 794! Every time I check out a chess book from the library, and to look for new ones, I look in 794. I really just wanted an original name for the forum and nothing DKC related. So birds and chess will do. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Sledgehammer44 » October 7th, 2022, 4:54 pm

Named myself after the Peter Gabriel song Sledgehammer. Was thinking of good usernames for myself here and that just happened to be the first thing that popped into my head. The 44 part has no significance though, it was just a random number that I chose to add to my handle. My profile picture is also an image captured by the Voyager 2 spacecraft of Uranus' moon Umbriel in 1986, just because I thought it looked cool. This is also why I have my location set to Umbriel in my profile; it was just a silly joke I found amusing.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

Previous

Return to Anything Goes