Original Music You've Made

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Original Music You've Made

Postby cfh » November 25th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Post any original music you've made.

I recently set up a Myspace for my original stuff: http://www.myspace.com/outdoorwindow
I'd love to hear feedback!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Re: Original Music You've Made

Postby Gnawzooka » November 25th, 2009, 7:55 pm

I have great ideas for music but I don't know any of the technical stuff and I suck with the programs. :(
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/269954
That's my only completed original piece... nothing special. FL Slayer sounds bad but eh...
I'll listen to your stuff later, but my computer is amazingly slow and I think it could crash it. :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby BlueTronic » November 26th, 2009, 1:49 am

A wierd breakbeat song I made when experimenting with Albino. It kind of reminds me of a prison break, soo...

A song I made inspired by XsToRmEr1's Flames of the Skies II
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » November 26th, 2009, 1:52 pm

cfh, your stuff's great. I just had a listen through the playlist a few times, and I really like what I heard; the instruments fit well, melodies were generally thoughtful and well constructed, drums sounded good (and almost authentic). I particularly liked the brooding tone of 'I Think I Left the Fridge Open', and 'When the End is Dead' is another stand out track, managing to impress me and sound great despite my typical dislike for heavy metal. Major props.

You know, 'This Will Never Catch On' could easily evolve into a Disco Train remix, if you felt inclined to let it... for our DKC2 remix project, perhaps? ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » November 27th, 2009, 7:44 am

Thanks, Qyz! It's interesting how everyone's favorites are different.. and none match my own, "Lucid" and "Back Once More". "This Will Never Catch On" is a bit of a stretch to Disco Train, and I don't like making electronic video game remixes because the original is electronic.. but maybe I'll make a rock version for the potential DKC 2 remix project xD

Gnawzooka, that's a cool punk-metal sound you've got there. Sounds kinda strange and crazy too, haha. I think it would sound amazing with some more realistic VST's

Kong-Fu, Prison Break reminds me of The Prodigy, especially that first track on Jilted Generation. Cries of the Skies sounds like a mix of Sonic and Final Fantasy. They both end kind of abruptly :/
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Gnawzooka » November 27th, 2009, 6:19 pm

Hey CFH, you reckon you've got enough influences? :P Amazed to see Cake, Pendulum and Gorillaz in there... Since you seem to share many of my musical tastes, I'd like to recommend Blur to you if you haven't heard them already. It's the singer from the Gorillaz in a band before he did Gorillaz.
Anyway, onto your music...
It sounds pretty good. I'm interested to see Lucid finished, and I'm quite liking When the End is Dead. Back Once More was a little short and the backing was quite repetetive but it sounded pretty good otherwise. I'll get around to the others later...
So far no singing I notice... I like instrumental music so this is good. :P
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby cfh » November 28th, 2009, 2:22 am

Haha, I have a very broad taste.. xD

I've been meaning to check out Blur, maybe I'll do that now! I'm not the greatest singer, though I'd like to put some lyrics in my songs.. glad you like instrumental stuff :P
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » November 29th, 2009, 3:58 pm

I swear I ripped this off from somewhere. Can someone help me find out what? >_<;
http://cfhworld.com/rip_off.MP3
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Gnawzooka » November 29th, 2009, 5:30 pm

If not, good work. :P
Wait a second, holy crap, part of that sounds a LOT like a song I came up with (but never made). Freaky...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby cfh » November 30th, 2009, 1:34 am

OH SHI- maybe it's like Coldplay's Viva La Vida.. where like 20 people claimed they wrote it before them :P
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » November 30th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Well I don't recognise anything as a 'rip off', I'm hearing some rather Pink Floyd/Radiohead essences in there. Very raw sound though, which is not so much of a Pink Floyd style.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » December 1st, 2009, 12:39 pm

Yeah, I thought maybe I was ripping off Pink Floyd. I sent it to my Floyd-fanatic friend and he didn't recognize it, neither did any of my other music loving friends, so I guess I'm good to go!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » December 1st, 2009, 2:56 pm

Strange that your fanatical friend didn't recognise it, if Floyd came to mind for both you and I... or did he agree that there was a Pink Floyd sound about it, just no actual 'ripping off' from a particular track? Actually, the intro to the track 'Prog Metal' you posted in the Listening To topic gave me an immediate Dark Side of the Moon vibe... with the only distinction being the 'triple heartbeat' rather than a regular double beat. Overall that track didn't sound much like Floyd, but the intro sure did. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » December 4th, 2009, 10:35 am

Just came up with a cool riff then realized it was Helter Skelter.. MLIA.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » December 7th, 2009, 3:04 am

Finished the song with that riff I posted a while ago, it's on the Myspace.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby CoolStyleE » January 3rd, 2010, 6:26 pm

I have tons of songs I made... that`s on my other computer. Ugh!
Before I find them, I`ll just say I really like to add good drums, maybe I sometimes go basic.
There`s only bad thing: my song sequencer broke. :lol:
Trainee Trekker

Postby BlueTronic » April 21st, 2010, 11:43 am

I came up with this melody about a month ago, but it's way too awesome to have been made by me. Plus, I thought it up in like a second. It sounds like it would be something from Super Smash Bros.
Someone please tell me where hell this is from.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » August 7th, 2010, 9:07 am

I recorded this song with a friend of mine about a month ago, left for a trip, came back, and just today did the final mixing and arrangement on it. I'm quite proud of it, so I'd like to post it here, tell me what you think :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?112tqrcxap3o24x
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » August 25th, 2010, 2:54 pm

I just finished this song with a friend yesterday. It's one of the more pop songs we've created. It's fairly sparse, with only a sub bass, drums, piano, guitar, synth strings, and vocals. It's a kind of Alt Rock sort of sound. It's got the standard verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus set up.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jitaf8...mewilltell.mp3

I'd love to hear any comments/criticisms. We tried to create a catchy tune, I hope you like it!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » September 5th, 2010, 12:02 am

This song is mostly house, but with an indie feel and a more aggressive ending. I think it came out pretty good, but I'd love to get some feedback on what I can improve x]

cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » September 13th, 2010, 3:49 am

Released a Single + B Side for my new band, album coming soon.
http://waveone.bandcamp.com/releases
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » November 15th, 2010, 1:14 am

12 min instrumental covering many genres. Tell me what you think?

http://tindeck.com/listen/chhg
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby cfh » June 14th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Full eclectic album I made with a friend, tweaked and finished finally!
http://waveone.bandcamp.com/album/a-time-we-all-forgot
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » June 15th, 2011, 9:52 am

Downloading now, can't wait to hear it. Seriously, I love your stuff. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 15th, 2011, 10:57 am

I made a song awhile back but I only go the lyrics done. The beat is a cross between Baby One More Time by Britney Spears and Fireworks by Katy Perry.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Qyzbud » June 15th, 2011, 12:05 pm

A wonderfully eclectic variety of alternative/electronic/indie/pop sounds... I am LOVING Downtown Club and The Senses Repeating, and many of the others are growing on me more and more (yeah, I've got the album on loop - not something I do very often). Amazing stuff, my friend. :)

I was thinking you (or perhaps I?) ought to throw up some photos and artist info etc. for you guys at Last.fm (Wave One page). I'll do it now if I have your go-ahead to put up a few of your photos etc. from your Facebook page... ? Yeah, I'm kinda into promoting awesome projects lately. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » June 15th, 2011, 1:45 pm

I'm so glad you liked it that much! :D Yeah, Downtown Club seems to be a favorite.

And that would be absolutely awesome! I'd love your help in promotion for this :]
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby teh epicnes » June 20th, 2011, 3:04 am

Well, here's a song I made for a Mario fangame that got canceled. http://youtu.be/7GJcfoYTiH0
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Return to Anything Goes