Gridline Productions - New Review Website

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Gridline Productions - New Review Website

Postby Kowbrainz » January 20th, 2009, 6:38 pm

Yay for blatant advertising: www.gridlineproductions.com

Anyway... I basically got together with this guy I know on another site the other day who has been trying to kick off his own personal site for game reviews and such for awhile now. He's planning to add a few more features in the near feature, but right now the place is mainly about reviewing games. I've put a few of my own up there already and I'm hoping to improve my writing technique in the next few months, but we'll see.

Yeah, there's a forum over there but it's mainly to keep track of people who are watching the site. I don't really want to coax people into joining if they aren't going to stick around, so have a look around the mainsite first then join the forums if you think you might keep watching the place. Bryan's goal is to get a new review up at least every couple of days and we do take requests in the forums. I think I joined because of the lack of bias towards mainstream titles and the way reviews were able to be constructed (scoring system mainly) and I think it has a little more potential than some sites; it just needs a few more people to take notice. :P

That's all really... hope at least a few people take the time to have a look. Thanks. :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Gridline Productions - New Review Website

Postby Jomingo » January 22nd, 2009, 7:39 am

Kowbrainz wrote:He's planning to add a few more features in the near feature future, but right now the place is mainly about reviewing games.

I have already helped you to accomplish your goal of improving your writing technique. You are welcome.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » January 23rd, 2009, 12:35 am

Everyone makes typos and I'm sure I could go back over your posts and look for corrections to make if I was feeling like enough of a jerk. If you don't want to view the site or have nothing relevant to add to the topic then don't post. Simple as that.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 24th, 2009, 12:02 am

Dude, it was just Joe bein' Joe. Let's keep it friendly. :)

That site has potential, by the way, and if I wasn't on a school computer I might actually sign up and stuff. Nice.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kowbrainz » January 24th, 2009, 12:45 am

I find it amusing that you're still calling him Joe all these months after he cleared that up to Qyz but whatevs... I guess you didn't get the memo. :P
I wish it wasn't so hard to get people interested in this sort of stuff these days. :/
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby flame0ram » January 24th, 2009, 2:58 am

Hey Kowbrainz,
Great job since it is an improvement to most game reviewing websites. Like the other dude said it has potential. I would definately continue to expand with it as I recon most gaming websites have a biest opinion and this website seems to evaluate all criteria unlike the others. Definately a good start in terms of design to attract gamers but you must expand as people will not start to use it until it reviews a huge variety of games. I definately think its a good job so far and you have my support anyway. As for Jomingo, I have been desperately been looking for an editor these past months on technical reports I have been writing. If you are interested PM me please! It would make my part time job a lot easier.
Newcomer

Postby Jomingo » January 24th, 2009, 10:26 am

Well, an Editor I am not. In fact, I have a horrible tendency to make silly mistakes without realising it. That's why I was joking around with Kowbrainz about his mistake, though I guess he didn't realise I wasn't serious.

Anyway, nice lookin' website. Sorry my previous post was not the in depth critique you had hoped it to be, but the first thing that popped out at me was the "near feature" thing in your post, as that is a mistake I also make at times.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » January 24th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Hey, I'm sorry; it's just been frustrating trying to advertise this place everywhere and not really having anybody interested in the project yet.
Thanks for the feedback, flame0ram (and welcome to the forums by the way). :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 24th, 2009, 3:21 pm

...Kowz, have you ever heard anyone call him Joe Minga? I know his real name's Jeff. But one may not call him Jeff. It's Joe frickin' Minga, and that's not about to change.

flame0ram wrote:the other dude

I feel so loved.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Anything Goes