Halloween means Trick-or-Treat!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

What do you like best about halloween?

Going Trick-or-Treating
15%
Eating Candy
31%
Having a party
8%
EVERYTHING!
46%

Total votes : 13

Halloween means Trick-or-Treat!

Postby gamer_boy997 » October 30th, 2008, 1:34 am

This is the thread where we talk about halloween! It's right around the corner... Don't forget to vote in the poll above.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: Halloween means Trick-or-Treat!

Postby PotoGamer » October 30th, 2008, 2:19 am

I like everything! Last year, I dressed as an aquarium, (I took a big box, cut it up, covered it with duct tape, added blue cellophane on the inside, and hanged some foam fish from the top!) and this year, I'll be going dressed as a restaurant table with a plate of spaghetti! (but I haven't even started making the costume... :( ) I'm so creative! Oh and in Halloween 2005, something really unexpected happened...

Spoiler!
My sister and I were pretending to be slapping each other, when suddenly, I pretended that I was slapped really hard, and I turned back, and hit my eyebrow with a stool. I ended up in the hospital with stitches on my eyebrow. :shock: (at least it wasn't noticeable...)
Trailblazer

Postby The Guy » October 30th, 2008, 7:11 am

Ow.

I like the feeling of going around at night, it makes me feel curios.
Veteran Venturer

Postby BlueTronic » October 30th, 2008, 7:15 am

gamer_boy997 wrote:What do you like best about Halloween?
CAN-DAY! :mrgreen:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » October 30th, 2008, 7:15 am

I'm not trick or treating this year, the worst part is not having candy. :evil:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » October 30th, 2008, 1:41 pm

I don't like Halloween.
Día de Muertos, FTW!!! 8-)
*culture shock crisis*
Ok... well, we do Noche de Brujas here in the north of Mexico (probably because of being near to the US border). But I just don't like going out. Mainly because it's not part of my country's culture :roll: But I do give candy to kids in the street, it's really fun! Once I accidentaly let off a bag and all the candy went into a kid's bag, I told him to keep them and he instantly went shouting to his friends about me "giving him all that candy", all those kids started picking me up onto giving them candy and I said that was my last bag; the day later there were eggshells all over the street :|
And I actually went trick-or-treating as a kid; my parents forced me and dressed me as a tiger and stuff. I made it two houses past mine before I went back to my home upset. But I actually want to build an Altar of Deaths one day.
Enough talking XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » October 30th, 2008, 3:10 pm

I don't think I've ever been in the USA at halloween time before. I did something like trick-or-treat once here, but nobody expected it (it's not part of Aussie culture either), so I didn't get a whole lot of candy. :P

Your stories are good ones, Kiddy. Made me laugh! :lol: And Poto - good costume ideas!

I dressed up as a gorilla once... It wasn't for trick-or-treating, but it sure was fun to roam the streets and have some laughs with my mates. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby DKCplayer » October 30th, 2008, 3:38 pm

As Qyzbud already mentioned, Halloween isn't part of the Aussie culture. So, I've never had ANYTHING to do with it. But I do like The Simpsons: Treehouse Of Horror episodes.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Raccoon Sam » October 30th, 2008, 3:48 pm

There are no Halloween traditions here in Finland, but I am going to a 'halloween' party this one dude's having.
I'll be wearing a Tom Cruise mask.
Free, easy to fold, and best of all; scary!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Qyzbud » October 30th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Hahaha, that would scare the 'candy' out of anyone. :D

Sam, I never knew you were Finnish... and DKCp, I had no idea you were a fellow Aussie! I wonder what countries celebrate something as strange/interesting as All Hallows Eve (another name for Halloween). I don't think we have anything as interesting in Aus.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » October 31st, 2008, 7:23 am

Qyzbud wrote:I wonder what countries celebrate something as strange/interesting as All Hallows Eve (another name for Halloween).

¡Día de Muertos! :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » October 31st, 2008, 11:09 am

I will be too busy to trick or treat this year, as I am a part of my school's radio crew, and we have a football game to film for the local public access channel we run on friday. Interestingly, it is our first playoff game, and my school's team(the Red Arrows) is the NUMBER ONE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, as of Wednesday! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » October 31st, 2008, 4:56 pm

Qyzbud wrote:[...]and DKCp, I had no idea you were a fellow Aussie![...] I don't think we have anything as interesting in Aus.

Neither did I. :P I guess his location isn't a giveaway like some. There seems to be a lot of aussies here.

DKCplayer wrote:As Qyzbud already mentioned, Halloween isn't part of the Aussie culture.

Everyone around here does it. I mean, who doesn't want free food?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby CaptainEddie » November 1st, 2008, 7:19 am

Scaring little kids! Priceless.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby BlueTronic » November 1st, 2008, 8:13 am

CaptainEddie wrote:Scaring little kids! Priceless.

Run up to a 3-year-old and yell WASSSUUUUUUUUUUP!? :twisted:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Swing King » November 2nd, 2008, 3:58 am

Jomingo wrote:I will be too busy to trick or treat this year, as I am a part of my school's radio crew, and we have a football game to film for the local public access channel we run on friday. Interestingly, it is our first playoff game, and my school's team(the Red Arrows) is the NUMBER ONE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, as of Wednesday! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Lucky, mine is the worst. Back on topic, Halloween was yesterday here. But I love everything about it. :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » November 2nd, 2008, 2:24 pm

So, did anyone get up to any good Halloween mischief? I actually ended up getting a phone call from one of my mates inviting me to a party just as I was ready to go to sleep... Perhaps I should have just headed down in my pyjamas - I'm sure I'd have got away with it on such an occasion, but oh well. I just found out that one of my friends who's living in Canada at the moment dressed up as Bender from Futurama... looked pretty good.

Did any of you festive individuals end up getting creative with costumes? :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby gamer_boy997 » November 2nd, 2008, 2:32 pm

I had an pretty nice halloween. I didn't go to any parties though :cry: .
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby PotoGamer » November 2nd, 2008, 2:38 pm

Well, I dressed up as that restaurant table I mentioned earlier. I actually really liked the way it came out! We did it like 1 hour prior to trick-or-treating, so it was pretty much improvising. Everyone was surprised with my costume! They gave me extra candy, they gave me money (hehehe...), and they gave me compliments! It was really one of the best Halloweens EVAR! Unfortunately, the costume was a bit heavy, so today I woke up with some back pain, but it was totally worth it! :D

I'll be sure to provide a picture of the costume once I get that USB cord... :?

I didn't go to any parties either, since most of them involved spraying large amounts of shaving cream...
Trailblazer

Postby Raccoon Sam » November 3rd, 2008, 12:30 am

I had a real good time. The mask scared surprisingly many people.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby DKCplayer » November 3rd, 2008, 8:56 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Run up to a 3-year-old and yell WASSSUUUUUUUUUUP!? :twisted:

Then, you will have an angry mom/dad chasing you and forcing you to give the 3 year old ALL your candy. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby nickp17 » November 3rd, 2008, 9:47 am

Drugs...and chicks!

jk

Jamming out with friends.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 4th, 2008, 4:07 am

I never cared for Halloween, really. The whole idea of an economically dead nation spending millions of dollars trying to be scare the crap out of little kids just makes me feel weird... Also, most of these so-called "scary movies" suck.

And I've been throwing up ever since Saturday night, which I suspect has something to do with the candy. :roll:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » November 1st, 2013, 3:01 am

Today feels like the perfect time to raise an old topic from the dead...

There are a few Halloweeny things to see on the Atlas today, including a few frightful, familiar smilies: *o* :arich: :bleak:

So, I spent my Halloween decorating the Atlas... but what are you guys up to?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gaz » November 1st, 2013, 8:33 am

I'm just hanging around at home. I like how you've redecorated your site. It's really good for archive.org. The change of the front page reminds me of DKC Atlas HD, though. Otherwise, I'm going to stay home this Halloween and hand out candy.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » November 1st, 2013, 12:16 pm

Before I go back to work, I've donned my pirate outfit and am handing out candy to the lazy landlubbers who dare to steal me treasure, all in pieces o' eight! I'm doing my best to sound like Klubba!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » November 1st, 2013, 12:37 pm

Pics or it didn't happen! YARRRRRR!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » November 2nd, 2013, 1:59 am

Well in that case, it didn't happen. The only people who took a picture that included me were complete strangers. But seriously, I did my absoulte best to sound like a pirate in the hour I had before I needed to return to work. I would stand out in my driveway and overlook my street with my faulty telescope. Whenever a salty seadog or two decided that they wanted a piece of my candy treasure, I would bellow out in my best pirate voice, "Trick-or-Treaters, ho! Trick-or-Treaters, ho! Here we go!" Then I'd grab some of my pieces of eight and hand them out while complementing the laughable landlubbers on their costumes ("It be the Bald Buccaneer!"). Finally, once they left, I'd yell off, "Have a good night, me hearties!", although sometimes, when I gave them some of the least favorable candy, I'd blame Obama by referencing Klubba (Presdient Obama treats us rotten! I hope ye scupper his plans!"). Needless to say, due to my imitation and the fact that my house was the only one giving out candy on my street, I'd say that I made a lasting impression. Although I only had 60 minutes, it was very fun, and I only wish more people would have shown themselves. So, anyone else have a story to tell? Or all ye all dead men who tell no tales?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby CatLoverMolly » November 4th, 2013, 12:45 am

I went as Aelita, from Code Lyoko.
Disregard my friend LaTifa back there, she was playing Mario and cussing at those darned Goombas.
Most people thought I was Sakura Haruno but a few got me right. I went ToTing from about 5:20 to 8:30 and was at a party till 1:something.
I had some pink tennis balls in my lil pumpkin basket. When someone didn't give me a treat [i.e. out of candy] I'd say, "No treat? Guess you get a trick then! ENERGY FIELD!" and fling one at them. Then I slammed the door and ran off.
I actually got to do that quite a few times :target:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Qyzbud » November 5th, 2013, 2:17 am

Excellent! Sounds like you both made the most of your respective nights. :)

CatLoverMolly, I hadn't heard of Code Lyoko until now, but your hair/outfit look superb, and I can see how people may have been confused — you look a lot like Sakura in that photo! Upon looking at a few reference shots of Aelita, I can see that your costume's an even better match for her outfit... so I guess you could pass as either character quite easily. ^_^

Good job on the ENERGY FIELD trick, too. :lol:

Super Luigi!, it's a shame not to have any photos (who knows — maybe some will surface on Facebook or something down the track), and also that your ToT time was so limited, but I'm impressed with your ability to reference Klubba.

:thumbs:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » November 5th, 2013, 3:41 am

Thank you for your wisdom words, Qyzbud. I do have a photo of myself in costume, but to post a picture here would attract stalkers (Like this one) :gnawty-lol: . CatLoverMolly, you look just like I thought you would, and I love your energy ball trick. I showed your picture off to my friend, and he just simply adored it. I mean, he just now :thumbs: -ed my screen. Brilliant use of costume. Oh, and here's a banana treat so you won't have to energy blast me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Return to Anything Goes