Movie/TV Show Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Movie/TV show thread

Postby kchrules » December 4th, 2008, 4:02 pm

IN MY OPINION: the only good thing on Nickelodeon currently is Sponge bob, everything else is just boring, lame and not very creative. Especially: http://www.tigerbeatmag.com/dailydish/w ... medium.jpg. Ren and stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats... those were the best.

MOVIES: I've only seen the first 15 minutes of Wall-E, it's good. The Dark Knight, Just epic. 007 Quantum Of Solace, kick ass.
My favorite movie of all time though: http://www.allouttabubblegum.com/main/w ... inator.gif
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 5th, 2008, 7:51 am

Wait, so you don't like iCarly? Miranda Cosgrove is still hot, right?! :?

...And Avatar.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby kchrules » December 5th, 2008, 8:24 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Wait, so you don't like iCarly? Miranda Cosgrove is still hot, right?! :?

...And Avatar.

Miranda Cosgrove was better in Drake and Josh, which I forgot to mention is ok. iCarly just flat out sucks though.
by the way I don't think she's hot. At least she's not ugly. Avatar reminded me of Anime and I HATE anime. But other than it seeming like anime to me, the story was unique but it just didn't appeal to me.
Tourist

Postby BlueTronic » December 5th, 2008, 8:49 am

kchrules wrote:IN MY OPINION: the only good thing on Nickelodeon currently is Sponge bob, everything else is just boring, lame and not very creative. Especially: http://www.tigerbeatmag.com/dailydish/w ... medium.jpg. Ren and stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats... those were the best.

MOVIES: I've only seen the first 15 minutes of Wall-E, it's good. The Dark Knight, Just epic. 007 Quantum Of Solace, kick ass.
My favorite movie of all time though: http://www.allouttabubblegum.com/main/w ... inator.gif
I haven't seen Quantum of Solace, but I agree comepletely with everything else in that post. iCarly was incredibly stupid and not funny in any way. Drake and Josh was even worse: In addition to being as stupid and unfunny as iCarly, It annoys me so much that their bratty little sister gets what she wants when she wants it, and Drake and Josh just have to sit there and suffer for it. Normally I would just not watch it and be okay with it, but little brother watches both shows everyday in our living room, even if they are repeats. And I have to sit and listen to the same lame episodes everyday.

Mork and Mindy? That show was hilarious. So was Spongebob.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » December 5th, 2008, 11:50 am

I used to like Spongebob, now it's just stupid. I actually like Drake & Josh, it's an awesome show, Dan Schneider is great xD

My favorite show in Nickelodeon is The Fairly Oddparents, unfurtunately I was introduced to it a little late since it was initially broadcasted in Latin America by Jetix (it is a channel), and my cousin didn't have Jetix in his cable TV. Later on it was broadcasted by Disney Channel. Now Nickelodeon LA has the 6th and 7th seasons (starting with Moooving Day!) because they claimed the syndication Disney was doing (Jetix is also owned by Disney, because it bought it when it was Fox Kids) when the Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour was released, as they realized the show was from them.

I learned how to draw the characters, I have 6 notebooks filled with drawings I did since I was in 5th grade xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby gamer_boy997 » December 5th, 2008, 11:51 am

Yeah, Spongebob is still good, but it's going downhill. :(
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby DKCplayer » December 5th, 2008, 3:34 pm

I don't have pay TV. But sometimes F.O.P is on ABC.
I've only seen about 14 episodes of Spongebob, so I don't know where it went downhill.
At the moment, there is one movie name that gets on my nerves...
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! I don't get the whole HSM stuff.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby gamer_boy997 » December 5th, 2008, 3:36 pm

That's because there is almost 150 episodes of Spongebob out there, and the old ones are good, but the new ones are going down the drain, seeing just 14 episodes won't show you the change.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » December 5th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Sounds liek the simpsons.
I haven't watched Spongebob for ages, I lost interest when I was maybe....9 or 10?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 6th, 2008, 7:38 am

Kiddy14 wrote: ...it was initially broadcasted in Latin America by Jetix...

Really?! In the States, that's a Disney-owned channel. In fact, I think it's just Toon Disney now... I entered their Summer of 1,000 Prizes contest and won a $250 mountain bike. I was a tad tall for it, so before I moved I gave it to two kids whose house had just burned to the ground. It felt good.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby kchrules » December 9th, 2008, 10:59 am

DKCplayer wrote:I don't have pay TV. But sometimes F.O.P is on ABC.
I've only seen about 14 episodes of Spongebob, so I don't know where it went downhill.
At the moment, there is one movie name that gets on my nerves...
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL! I don't get the whole HSM stuff.

High school musical sucks effing balls. I can't say it enough.
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 9th, 2008, 11:46 pm

You guys should have seen this one episode of Back at the Barnyard when they were torturing this one weasel by making him watch crappy television.

TV: *It's a musical, in high school!*
Weasel: AHHHHHHHHH!

'Cuz... you know. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 26th, 2008, 2:57 pm

Nacho Libre is an excellent film. It has earned my recommendation.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby PotoGamer » December 26th, 2008, 4:21 pm

I stayed up 'til 6AM on Sunday watching Les Quatre Cents Coups (400 Blows) on TCM. In fact, I've liked TCM ever since I discovered that it has Silent Movie Sundays. :P It provides something good to watch when nothing really airs on TV. And for another reason: my aunt and I actually like comically dubbing the movies. Maybe I should get out more. :lol:

And I'm planning to go watch a movie tomorrow, probably Bedtime Stories or Four Christmases.
Trailblazer

Postby Rodent » December 27th, 2008, 9:26 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Nacho Libre is an excellent film. It has earned my recommendation.

That was the worst movie I'd seen in ages when I saw it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 28th, 2008, 1:53 am

...That makes me sad. :cry:

But Christ, that crying smiley sucks. Seriously.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » December 28th, 2008, 3:32 am

I thought Nacho Libre was pretty good.

I just saw Bedtime Stories yesterday. It was funny! :lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » December 28th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Canal 5 will finally broadcast season 4 of Dr. House in January the 6th! :D

As you may remember, I don't have satellite TV, so local TV is my only way of watching the show... and YT, but it is usually in english, and when I find it in spanish, it is in Spain's spanish :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 5th, 2009, 3:40 am

Spoiler!
DID YOU GUYS SEE SAM AND FREDDIE KISS ON ICARLY LAST NIGHT OKAY SERIOUSLY I MEAN WTF
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » January 5th, 2009, 5:53 am

:?

Spoiler!
I'm really glad I don't watch that show. T_T
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Rodent » January 6th, 2009, 11:48 am

My brother bought me home the first season of The Boondocks. It's awesome. I think Gin Rummy might be my favourite new character - the episode where him and Ed try kidnap Oprah was funny. I like how she had the ninja security guard guy.

"You look like you came straight out of a comic book."
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby BlueTronic » January 17th, 2009, 4:14 pm

I saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop today.

Funniest movie of 2009 so far. :lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby PotoGamer » January 17th, 2009, 5:56 pm

That movie already came out?! I didn't notice it...

Just recently, I went to the theater to watch Bedtime Stories. It was really good, but movie trailers these days tell you the first 40 minutes of the film, making it unexciting to watch. :roll:

The only thing I've been watching on TV is TCM. And on the day before school, I couldn't sleep. So I started watching A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. I almost woke up my sister because of all the loud laughter coming from my room. :lol:
Trailblazer

Postby gamer_boy997 » January 18th, 2009, 2:31 am

I still haven't seen Mall Cop, but I really want to ;) .

As for Bedtime Stories, it was pretty good, let's have a vote for which one is better!

Mall Cop vs Bedtime Stories
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby BlueTronic » January 18th, 2009, 3:02 am

I think I liked Mall Cop better, but Bedtime Stories is still really good.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby CaptainEddie » January 18th, 2009, 3:14 am

Well, I'm going to see a movie on Monday, and it's a choice between mall cop and bedtime stories.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Rodent » January 18th, 2009, 6:23 pm

I saw Walk Hard a week ago, then had to go buy it. It was awesome! :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby gamer_boy997 » January 20th, 2009, 6:46 am

I might see Mall Cop today, I haven't heard if it was good or not from anyone I know, but I think it will be pretty good.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby PotoGamer » January 20th, 2009, 8:45 am

I watched The Cameraman yesterday. What you probably didn't know: it's a silent film from 1925. :lol: It was funny and it's the first silent film that I watch from start to end.

I wish I had time to go watch Mall Cop, but I am incredibly busy. :( Luckily, I'm going to Borders this week and it's near the theater, so maybe I'll have some spare time.
Trailblazer

Postby Gnawzooka » January 20th, 2009, 1:29 pm

I'v recwently seen "Yes Man" and "Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay". Both were rather funny.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Kiddy14 » January 20th, 2009, 2:28 pm

I want to see this Benjamin Button movie.

But I don't get how his mother gave birth...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 19th, 2009, 11:10 am

(Sorry for bumping such an old topic)

I saw Up in NON-3D a few weeks ago, and it was a mixture of humor, sadness, drama, and much, much more...

Also, congratualations everyone! Officially one year from today will be the realease of Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3, and you don't know how long I have been waiting for it!

Toy Story: 1995
Toy Story 2: 1999
Toy Story 3: 2010 (:lol:)
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 19th, 2009, 12:10 pm

gamer_boy997 wrote:Also, congratualations everyone! Officially one year from today will be the realease of Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3, and you don't know how long I have been waiting for it!

I think I do, I've always had a thing for Toy Story. It has to be one of my all time favorite movies. I still watch it sometimes. :D
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby PotoGamer » June 19th, 2009, 12:20 pm

gamer_boy997 wrote:I saw Up in NON-3D a few weeks ago, and it was a mixture of humor, sadness, drama, and much, much more...

Yeah, Up was awesome, but I never thought that the beginning of a movie could be so sad. :( I saw it in 3D, but I don't really see what the big fuss is about. It only slightly divides moving objects from the background.

Tonight, I'm going to watch Les Quatre Cents Coups, one of my favorite films, on TV.
Trailblazer

Postby DKCplayer » June 19th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Katastrophe Kong wrote:I've always had a thing for Toy Story. It has to be one of my all time favorite movies.

I used to love Toy Story when I was smaller. I still have a Buzz and Woody doll from my childhood! :P
It's about time Pixar took those toys out of the ol' toybox in the attic.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 19th, 2009, 7:54 pm

DKCplayer wrote: I still have a Buzz and Woody doll from my childhood! :P

Same!
But when I tried to make Buzz glow, I melted some of his color off.
Now he's missing 4 fingers, can't shoot or talk. :(
Woody's in good condition, getting some white hairs though.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Kiddy14 » June 26th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Lately I've been watching some Digimon Adventure episodes =P Who ever watched or remembers that show?
But I can't believe they changed the songs in the American dub! D=
That's the weird part about the Latin American dub though, the name of the characters and Digimons are the same as in the American dub, but the script, the videos and the songs are based from the Japanese original.
Here's my favorite Digimon by the way 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Soniccuz » July 24th, 2009, 11:08 am

In about three weeks Disney's releasing Hayao Miyazaki's Ponyo on a cliff. In US theaters.
It'd be like the first 100% hand drawn feature film in... I'll just go with years; many years.
Though, from what I've read it's similar to My Neighbor Totoro which wasn't one of the most exciting films I've seen.

The last movie I have seen in theaters was Transformers 2. The pacing was worse then the first movie like a roller coaster from beginning to end. That kind of pace would work for fight scenes but the ride never slows down to give other scenes time to leave impact.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby JadeRoseofChaos » August 17th, 2009, 10:27 am

Benjamin Button was good... but I don't think I'll ever be the same after seeing it... :? Talk about mind cramps...

Digimon was awesome! Used to watch it all the time when I was little! :D
I have rather mixed feelings about Digimon Data Squad though... but it's still okay :)

I also am looking forward to seeing Ponyo. Hayao Myazaki's a genius!

Did any of you guys watch Yugioh when it was on kids WB?
Tourist

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 25th, 2009, 1:17 pm

America's Got Talent's fourth season is getting interesting, (although, one of my favorite acts, Jay Mattioli, just got eliminated right after getting a second chance :cry: ), I wonder who's winning the grand prize this year...

Also, The Biggest Loser's eighth season is coming in September! The last three winners of this show were on the pink team :evil: . It better be another color this time.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby gamer_boy997 » January 8th, 2010, 10:25 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:
Spoiler!
DID YOU GUYS SEE SAM AND FREDDIE KISS ON ICARLY LAST NIGHT OKAY SERIOUSLY I MEAN WTF

Yeah, I'm not such a Seddie fan either. I prefer Creddie.

On January 18th, us Creddie fans might see something ;) .
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » January 8th, 2010, 12:23 pm

... weeeiiirrrdd... You guys make me frown.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 14th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Snap, he's right though! That does look pretty epic and I can't wait to see it. Lately though these iCarly "specials" have been far too numerous and uneventful for me... at the end of the episode everything is almost always the exact same as it was when the episode started. I did like the one with Lewbert's ex-girlfriend, however- good story. :)

And do you guys watch Phineas and Ferb? I swear, it's comedic gold! The timing of everything is just perfect, and you can't watch it without laughing. Definitely one of my favorite shows EVAR.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » January 15th, 2010, 8:33 am

And do you guys watch Phineas and Ferb? I swear, it's comedic gold! The timing of everything is just perfect, and you can't watch it without laughing. Definitely one of my favorite shows EVAR.

How old are you again? :|

My favourite shows are NCIS, House, Mork and Mindy, and The Office. That's comedic gold. :mrgreen:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 15th, 2010, 9:00 am

I agree with all of those, absolutely, but why can't I watch Phineas and Ferb just because I'm not little? It's funny. And all the kewl kids (teenagers, wutev) watch it. :ugeek:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Soniccuz » January 17th, 2010, 6:58 am

Eh, for the most part it's far too formulaic more my taste. There are some episodes that break the mold that I'll watch sometimes. (the one where Phineas and Ferb get caught and sent to boot camp, or the time travel plot where future Candace causes a bad future by busting her brothers come to mind)
I definitely wouldn't call it laugh out loud funny though.

Spectacular Spider-Man is the Disney show I like to watch, equal parts comedy and action.

I second NCIS and House they're awesome.

Though it's not on TV anymore, one of my favorite shows is the anime One Piece. The shear size and scope the series comes to encompass is just amazing.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 18th, 2010, 1:15 pm

You know, I definitely wouldn't call your mom laugh-out-loud funny. But I digress.

...Orphan 2 needs to happen NOW.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » January 18th, 2010, 1:54 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:You know, I definitely wouldn't call your mom laugh-out-loud funny.

Mum jokes have never been funny and never will be.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 18th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Hm, kinda like... YOUR MOTHER! :o

Haha, yeahhh. I've recently discovered satellite radio on the ol' telly and I have to say it rules.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 18th, 2010, 9:39 am

I'm going to a midnight showing of Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3 tonight. I can't wait!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes