The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Simion32 » September 7th, 2008, 6:30 am

Jomingo wrote:Where I go to school there is no F, only E. They mean the same thing, but I guess some schools didn't know there alphabet and used F.

Also, at my school the only way to get an A+ is to get 100%, then 99%-94% is an A, 94%-90% is an A-, etc.

The grades at my school are like that, but they used F instead of E.

What really aggravates me is that they won't show the actual number score instead of letters on our report cards - once I got a D+ on a midterm report card and had to explain how it was only a point below a C- to my parents, so that they wouldn't ground me. It was 69.2 or something.

It's like they use the letters a a "tool" to make the grades seem a lot worse (or better, as the case may be) than they actually are. The + and - variations may as well not exist, because they are easy to ignore. This is especially true if your parents are always quick to point out the negative side of things before even thinking about the good... It's like "You got WHAT on your English grade?!" and they don't ever consider how severe the grade actually is, such as 79 not being too bad (a C, but really close to B) vs 70 which is really close to a D.

Spoiler!
Also, it needs more desu. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » September 7th, 2008, 6:53 am

I'm glad my school uses numbers :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Swing King » September 8th, 2008, 1:32 am

I'm sorry Rodent, I have seen the error of my ways.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Stone » September 10th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Angry Video Game Nerd wrote:Battletoads on Nintendo ... don't worry, it's a good game ... it was actually pretty good ...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby CaptainEddie » September 11th, 2008, 8:38 am

Okay, first off, at my school, F is for FAIL. And we don't have all this A+ or - crap. We have:

100-93 A
92-86 B
85-76 C
75-69 D
68-00 F

EDIT: Maybe your E is for EPIC FAIL, or something. :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Kiddy14 » September 15th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Isn't that calification way really unreliable?
I mean, getting a 100 or a 92 will get you an A? So being lazy and getting a 92 will get me the same A grade that I'd get being totally responsible and getting a 100...

Oh and by the way... I've one week in high school and did what DK4ever told me and it worked :D
I dunno what I have with girls but for me it's easier to have friends who are girls than who are boys xD

In the same topic... we use a book (well, in every school), that talks about relation-ships mainly in the US. And well, about the popularity stuff... like what we see in Malcolm in the Middle or even Ned's Declassified... is it true? Like the popular table? I mean some shows like the Fairly OddParents exagerate, but does it really happen? I'm intruiged...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby CaptainEddie » September 16th, 2008, 9:50 am

Please. You sit where you want to sit. There's no "popular table".
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby BlueTronic » September 16th, 2008, 11:00 am

Kiddy14 wrote:In the same topic... we use a book (well, in every school), that talks about relation-ships mainly in the US. And well, about the popularity stuff... like what we see in Malcolm in the Middle or even Ned's Declassified... is it true? Like the popular table? I mean some shows like the Fairly OddParents exagerate, but does it really happen? I'm intruiged...

Sometimes the more popular kids will sit at one table and the less popular kids sit at another table, but there's no table specificly for the popular students...

...and there's definitely no "popularity chart"! :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » September 16th, 2008, 11:05 am

Sorry, I wasn't intending to offense anybody.
I myself hate steryotipes... I just wanted to know if it was true to a point. Just like what is shown in the movie Mean Girls; there's no popular table and that, but there are girls who are in some kind of high social status; yet they are hated by everybody =S
Of course those are just steryotipes =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Swing King » September 16th, 2008, 11:37 am

Indeed, I have dark skin and everyone at my school heard of ilegall imigrants from Mexico and now I have these racists following me everywhere. On an unrelated note, I was at an American Idol concert last week. I played the unreleased Guitar Hero World Tour, I rock on the drums. :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 17th, 2008, 5:52 am

Poplularity groups are very real, and nearly everyone fits nicely into a "clique". The tables exist mostly because everyone joins a specific clique and they sit with other people in that clique.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » September 17th, 2008, 7:53 am

Yeah, except at the table I'm at at school, for some reason I sit with an emo, his girlfriend, a huge Rare fan, a perert, a racist :evil: , and some other people. There are popularity groups, but its no big deal.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby CaptainEddie » September 17th, 2008, 12:12 pm

I don't know what schools you guys go to, but at my school, you sit with the eople you like. There are no "groups tables". You just sit down somewhere.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Kiddy14 » September 17th, 2008, 2:53 pm

So technically, just what Ned said in an episode; the popular table is your table (I like that show :D).
Swing King wrote:Indeed, I have dark skin and everyone at my school heard of ilegall imigrants from Mexico and now I have these racists following me everywhere.

Those people sound so stupid... not because you have dark skin you're an illegal imigrant from Mexico *sighs*

On a similar note; today (September 16th) is the Mexican Independence Day. But since Miguel Hidalgo called for the people to start the war in the late night of September 15th; we celebrate the night with the governor (or in Mexico City's case, president) shouting from the Government Palace about 5 times ¡Viva México! and us following with a ¡Viva!
So in the city of Morelia, Michoacán; 2 bombs were dropped right when the governor rang the palace's bell, 7 people died and 150 were injured :(
What a coward act; now that it can't be compared to 9/11, something like that had never happened in Mexico before, specially in an official celebration (we don't go to work or to school this day). There's always a first time though; but it shouldn't.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Gnawzooka » September 17th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:I dunno what I have with girls but for me it's easier to have friends who are girls than who are boys xD

Not to imply anything* but I hear that's common for gay people. :?
By the way, where do you get those cool fancy upside-down exclamation marks?

*ok, maybe I am. :twisted:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 18th, 2008, 2:04 am

Gasp! That doesn't mean he's same-sex oriented! I used to hang out with a bunch of girls a few years back, but I guess I lost some appeal since then. :(

But I did meet someone at the hospital today with a black eye. She was nice.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 18th, 2008, 5:05 am

:roll:
What I meant to say is that girls are the first friends I make in a new place. I'm really shy so they usually come to me 8-)
I do have friends who are boys though, and already said I had a crush with a girl at my last school.
Gnawzooka wrote:By the way, where do you get those cool fancy upside-down exclamation marks?

¡They're already in my keyboard! :D
¿See? ¡¡¿¿??!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » September 18th, 2008, 7:27 am

Gnawzooka wrote:
Kiddy14 wrote:I dunno what I have with girls but for me it's easier to have friends who are girls than who are boys xD

Not to imply anything* but I hear that's common for gay people. :?
By the way, where do you get those cool fancy upside-down exclamation marks?

That wasn't necessary. You're probably just jealous that he can talk to girls. :D

Seriously, don't say stuff like that. People might get offended.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » September 18th, 2008, 7:44 am

Kiddy14 wrote:¡They're already in my keyboard!
¿See? ¡¡¿¿??!!

Those would be perfect to use in a password. Atleast here, since most of us are either Australian or American and don't have those upside down exclamation points or question marks in our keyboard. Or that N-with-the ~ above-it thing.

Gnawzooka wrote:Not to imply anything* but I hear that's common for gay people.

And yes, that was comepletely uncalled for. At least the "*ok, maybe I am. :twisted: "
could've been left out. :?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » September 18th, 2008, 9:30 am

Hey! It's ok! I know he was joking ;)
You were, right?

Kong-Fu wrote:Those would be perfect to use in a password.

I thought letter Ñ was not allowed in passwords :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » September 18th, 2008, 12:59 pm

I wouldn't know... I don't have the ñ on my keyboard.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gnawzooka » September 18th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:Hey! It's ok! I know he was joking ;)
You were, right?

Of course, none of you actually thought I was serious did you? :roll: :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Simion32 » September 24th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Not so random, but this wouldn't fit anywhere else:

It amazes me that; this is the #10,016 forum post. (Am I the only one who actually noticed the forum post count?)

The posts are over 9000!!! :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby BlueTronic » September 24th, 2008, 1:50 pm

Simion32 wrote:(Am I the only one who actually noticed the forum post count?)

No. I noticed it at around 9996. I was going to try to make the 10,000th post, but I forgot.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gnawzooka » September 24th, 2008, 5:56 pm

Simion32 wrote:The posts are over 9000!!!

WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Jomingo » September 25th, 2008, 9:02 am

Darn it. I wanted to make the 10,000 post. Now I'll have to wait for the 50,000 mark....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 25th, 2008, 12:45 pm

NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

That's pretty sweet.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 25th, 2008, 1:38 pm

I noticed it too.
We're spammers :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 27th, 2008, 8:35 am

I totally scored with, like, four chicks at once today.

AND NOW I'M GONNA GO EAT FOOD! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » September 27th, 2008, 9:23 am

Nice, mate!

You've learned well :)

Women + Food = awesome.

Now, on to the next lesson...

DRIVING!

Anyway, hey all you Americans and BBC watchers (Some of us American), debate's on tonight, and I'm looking forward to seeing a modern version of the Kennedy-Nixon debate, because clearly, McCain is nervous.

Huzzah! There will be lawls in my household tonight.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, and many, MANY lawls, here's McCain on the view, getting pressured by Whoopie Goldberg and Barbara Walters. I usually hate the view, but man, this is too good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mnj1njG4ww Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQ_G6eMJAQ Part 2
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 27th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Heh... I saw the debate, and it was quite amusing. I am really starting to wonder how this election is going to turn out. :)

And as much as I dislike Senator McCain, he has earned my respect tonight on various issues. Overall though, I'd say Obama was the better debater. The man knows what he's talkin' 'bout.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Swing King » September 30th, 2008, 11:30 am

I don't know what ole man McCain was thinking, bringin' that moose-shootin', obscure woman from way up north in the grand ole Klondike to be Vice President if ole McCain wins!

My impression of an old guy I met in a nursing home.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » October 2nd, 2008, 2:39 pm

I concur.

If McCain gets elected, good-bye, my friends the Polar Bears. Which I just cannot allow to happen. Really.

Whats worse, is if he dies, (He IS 75...) guess who's president? Yeah.... She's under the impression humans lived at the same time Dinosaurs did. (Or something VERY close to that) Not very intelligent, in my opinion.

And... yeah.......................... Did I mention, no more lovable polar bears? And probably the destruction of the entire natural world, but, of course, I'm an extremist... a logical one.

/sadface, my brethren.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Swing King » October 3rd, 2008, 7:21 am

Sadface indeed. I think I'd head over to Austrailia if McCain were to drop dead and Palin become President. Hey, any Aussies here got any space at home?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » October 3rd, 2008, 6:15 pm

We have a cubby house. :o
Why Australia? We have lots of deadly things and we eat our national emblems... :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby BlueTronic » October 3rd, 2008, 10:55 pm

DK4Ever wrote:If McCain gets elected, good-bye, my friends the Polar Bears.

Where did you hear that?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 4th, 2008, 7:51 am

DK4Ever wrote:Yeah.... She's under the impression humans lived at the same time Dinosaurs did. (Or something VERY close to that) Not very intelligent, in my opinion.

What, they didn't?

:|
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Swing King » October 4th, 2008, 10:07 am

THE FLINSTONES LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » October 4th, 2008, 12:25 pm

What are you all on about Dinosaurs are alive now!
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Jomingo » October 5th, 2008, 3:46 am

Yeah, Palin(and other overly religious people) believe that man walked with the dinosaurs no less than 10,000 years ago. And whenever I hear someone say that, I say, "Fossil", and show them a fossil.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 5th, 2008, 9:05 am

Alright, I've got something to say.

There isn't a soul on this planet who can tell whether men and dinosaurs existed at the same time or not. Fossils can't prove anything; how do we know they're any older than we are, huh? Man-made tests can't determine whether we descended from apes, that the Big Bang created the universe, or how dinosaurs lived their lives. Many scientists don't believe in God because they think man is God, and consequently, all of their theories are designed to remove religion and spirituality from modern society. It is for this reason that I detest the "Palin is a religious freak" comments, because being a Christian does not equate to being stupid or any less competent than scientists. (Although, in Palin's case, it does.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » October 5th, 2008, 11:51 am

I didn't say all christians think like her. Seriously, all you religious people out there: The Bible isn't meant to be taken literally. You need to follow it's values but that doesn't mean you have to actually believe all of what it says.

Tiptup, I hate to say this but that is one of the stupidest things I've heard you say. Fossils most certainly can tell the age of dinosaurs, and there are tons of souls on this planet who can tell that. Man-made tests can determine a lot of things, we did descend from freaking apes, and Dinosaurs did all die from an impact with a meteor near Mexico 65 million years ago. Scientists don't think they are god, religious people just think they try to be.

Palin is stupid for being a reigious freak, I mean, she literally believes that Noah put 2 of every animal on a boat and repopulated the world! You CANNOT take the bible literally, as it wasn't made that way. The bible is meant to keep order and ideals in our lives, and as long as you follow it in that sense you don't have to believe all the other garbage in it.

OK, tell me who I'm talking about for a second, ok?
He was born on December 25th.
He was born of a virgin.
He had 12 disciples.
He sacrificed himself for his peoples sins.
He was resurected 3 days later.
Sound familiar?
That is the pagan God Mithra, which was believed thousands of years before Jesus!

Most if not all of the events in the bible have already been told in other religions!

Oh, and Jesus wasn't even born on December 25th.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 5th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Tiptup, I hate to say this but that is one of the stupidest things I've heard you say.

Is it? I mean, I think you kind of missed my point. There's no way you can actually go back in time and say "Hey, look! That meteor just killed all those dinosaurs!" A scientific theory is completely different from a scientific fact, and most of those are just hyped up half-truths anyway. It's not like I'm trying to start a religious uprising or anything, I'm just saying that I'm a Christian and the scientific community is largely composed of fun-killing jerks. There's just no nice way of saying it.

Spoiler!
Also, the Bible never specifically states Jesus' date of birth, but you're right; he wasn't born on December 25th. The early churches claimed that date as Christ's birthday to draw in previous worshipers of that Pagan god you mentioned.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » October 5th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Jomingo wrote:I didn't say all christians think like her. Seriously, all you religious people out there: The Bible isn't meant to be taken literally. You need to follow it's values but that doesn't mean you have to actually believe all of what it says.

YES! YES! YES! Incredibly true.
Tiptup, I hate to say this but that is one of the stupidest things I've heard you say. Fossils most certainly can tell the age of dinosaurs, and there are tons of souls on this planet who can tell that.
Actually, it can only give an estimate, and it may be completely wrong. There is no sure-fire 100% accurate way to tell. I can't possibly believe that we existed at teh same time though. Humans tend to record things they see, and have done so for thousands of years. If Dinosaurs were there at the same time there'd be some cave paintings or something with lots of Dinosaurs.
we did descend from freaking apes
You can't just test things like that. Evolution itself is just a theory, we can't know for sure that it's true. I believe it does, and many scientists do also, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Lots of people take the bible literally too.
Dinosaurs did all die from an impact with a meteor near Mexico 65 million years ago.
Also just a theory, and alot of scientists actually think it was the result of dramatic climate change.
Palin is stupid for being a reigious freak, I mean, she literally believes that Noah put 2 of every animal on a boat and repopulated the world!

Good luck gathering all of the insects. :roll:
OK, tell me who I'm talking about for a second, ok?
He was born on December 25th.
He was born of a virgin.
He had 12 disciples.
He sacrificed himself for his peoples sins.
He was resurected 3 days later.
Sound familiar?
That is the pagan God Mithra, which was believed thousands of years before Jesus!

Most if not all of the events in the bible have already been told in other religions!

Indeed. Especially Pagan.
Tiptup wrote:I'm just saying that I'm a Christian and the scientific community is largely composed of fun-killing jerks. There's just no nice way of saying it.

Do you want me to tell you what I find the christian community is largely composed of? Actually, I'll leave it there, I could write alot more on why I think christianity is stupid and hypocritical, but to avoid being massively offensive, I won't...... For now.

On another note....wow. You guys really get my thinking side going.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Jomingo » October 6th, 2008, 8:00 am

Titpup, it's not that complicated. Based on the layers of rocks, we see the soil change through time. Thus by looking at the layers of rock we have a geologic record of time. The dinosaur fossils all stop at 65 million year old soil. There is also a large crater in Mexico that is 65 million years old, thus that pretty much proves it was caused by a Meteor. The meteor likely did cause widespread climate change. But the fact is that just examing a fossil can tell you it's older than any record of humanity.
Evolution is indeed just a theory, but it makes so much sense and answers so many problems that it is pretty much accepted by everyone. If somebody someday comes up with an even better theory(that's more than just, "God beamed us here out of thin air") then maybe I'll change my mind.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » October 6th, 2008, 10:26 am

Exactly, I'm a Christian, but I'm not one of those people who go around acting like Palin.and you have a point Jomingo, about the Jesus-Mithra thing. I've started to read other religions teachings and such, because I'm trying to see all the similarities. Think about it, in almost every religion in the world, a similar event to the one described happens in another religion.

Too much... brain hurts... HEAD ASPLOSIAN!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » October 6th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:
DK4Ever wrote:If McCain gets elected, good-bye, my friends the Polar Bears.

Where did you hear that?

Because Palin would be in a place of power. She stands behind drilling in Polar bear habitats and nature reserves. He also enjoys hunting the hell out of them.

And it's partly because of her, that they're not listed as endangered, and are listed as vulnerable, so that she can still hunt them.

Yeah......

That's why I pointed that out.

:( :( :(
Treasure Hunter

Postby Simion32 » October 7th, 2008, 3:36 pm

The forum wrote:MSNbot Media
How many times has this thing been here? It seems that every time I check Atlas there's one of these things trolling the site! :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Gnawzooka » October 7th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Do you mean the bits? I think they're actually supposed to be there. I can't remember exactly, but I think it basically makes it easier to find this site with google searches and such. It's a phpbb3 thing, nearly every one I've been to has them and they even have their own usergroup.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes