The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Super Luigi! » April 27th, 2017, 12:43 am

I haven't. Fire Emblem doesn't really interest me outside of Super Smash Bros. Even then, I only like certain characters.

I shall continue leading my expedition through life. One day soon, it will happen. Until then, I must do my best to succeed.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » April 30th, 2017, 3:28 am

What, fire emblem? It is a strategy game made by Nintendo, and has been getting more and more popular as of the late years.

Also, what does that have to do with your age?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » May 3rd, 2017, 6:59 am

We shall establish a TimTams currency exchange program.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » September 21st, 2017, 11:29 pm

So anyone doing anything new?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby thetoad11 » September 22nd, 2017, 4:43 am

Just dying, y'know?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Kingizor » September 22nd, 2017, 5:36 am

I know a few people who've tried bleaching and highlights, but I've never been into that sort of thing myself. :dixie-tf:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby thetoad11 » September 22nd, 2017, 9:59 am

That took me a second, but then I had a good chuckle.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby OneOf99 » September 23rd, 2017, 12:56 am

Wow, that's dark...

Does anyone watch snomaN Gaming?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » September 23rd, 2017, 5:12 am

I had to look him up, but yes, I've seen him before. Specifically, his episodes on DK64 and DKC.

I still like DK64, even if many others don't. It will always be one of my favorite games, and nobody will ever convince me otherwise, just as I will never try to change their minds. Thus, we shall all live happily.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MatiZ » October 7th, 2017, 4:28 am

The "Playing With Super Power: Nintendo SNES Classics" book is out. They included my drawing of DKC1 :D and some of my words in the fan section. I still didn't get my free copy (it take some time to travel to another continent), but I've already watched some reviews. Also, I saw they printed few whole levels and thought about DKC Atlas. Is it your merit? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIOtmm0WD3Q&t=2s - the video is not mine.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Kingizor » October 7th, 2017, 6:59 am

Those Jungle Hijinx images at 5:34 seem to be a perfect match for the carefully orchestrated objet d'art we all know and love. In particular, the alignment and scaling of the background layer make it stand out as being an unmistakable Qyzbud original.

So yes, that one and the other five levels probably came from hereabouts. :?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby Super Luigi! » October 10th, 2017, 2:03 am

Does that mean Qyzbud is even more famous now? Maybe he'll receive something nice!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » October 27th, 2017, 9:36 am

I am so close to finishing a painting. All I need is to have a few critiques and fix whatever is suggested to me.

I've been waking up at like 4 in the morning with my brain telling me that it's time to paint. Then I have to talk my brain back down to reality and try to get back to sleep.

I also want more than anything to post a picture of it... but I can't. Not for another month. I painted one of my favorite bands and I do not want to share the painting online until I give them the painting. I'm so damn nervous. I hope they like it. Tunnel vision gets in the way when you've been working so intensely on something.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » October 27th, 2017, 11:22 am

Please don't worry, dear Phyreburnz. I'm sure your artwork will be a true masterpiece. However, you won't finish it if you stress yourself to death.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » October 31st, 2017, 3:00 am

Here's an interview with Reggie that hints at a new Donkey Kong game. Since there is no confirmation at all, I'm posting the link here.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10/29/ ... do-switch/
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » November 2nd, 2017, 3:30 am

Wow, that's really cool! The interviewer made a good point out of the fact that Reggie was the one that brought up DKC and Metroid. Perhaps this means something ala DK64 is coming?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » November 4th, 2017, 1:48 am

I certainly hope so! After recently replaying the game for about the fifth time in my life (more or less, of course), I'm definitely hoping for the sequel to finally emerge. Remember when Camelot wanted to create a sequel back around 2012? Maybe it will finally happen?

We could also get Retro Studios Country 3 or a port of Tropical Freeze. That could very well happen too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » November 4th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Not sure how I would feel about a port of Tropical Freeze unless it added a substantial amount of content. However, I don't see a new DKC game as a non-existant possibility. We could end up actually getting a new game for the switch!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » November 6th, 2017, 10:19 am

If we did, I wouldn't play it for some time, no matter what type of game it would be, since I likely won't have a Switch for some time, if at all. My, I'm using many commas.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » November 10th, 2017, 11:56 am

Calling it now: Tropical Freeze WILL come out on Switch and it will have a playable Funky Kong! :funky:

I am so close to finishing a painting.

You should post it in the Non-DKC related artwork - post your masterpieces! thread :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » November 10th, 2017, 12:17 pm

Cody wrote:Calling it now: Tropical Freeze WILL come out on Switch and it will have a playable Funky Kong! :funky:

I doubt it, but if it does happen, hopefully people will be happy.

Miiverse will always be great. Even now, I wish it was active. Nevertheless, it will always remain alive in our hearts. :banana:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » November 28th, 2017, 2:33 am

Cody wrote:
I am so close to finishing a painting.

You should post it in the Non-DKC related artwork - post your masterpieces! thread :D

I'm finally able to reveal it. It's there. Check it out. I'm damn proud of myself for this one. :kiddycool:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cody » January 12th, 2018, 7:09 am

Super Luigi! wrote:
Cody wrote:Calling it now: Tropical Freeze WILL come out on Switch and it will have a playable Funky Kong! :funky:

I doubt it, but if it does happen, hopefully people will be happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87uLJVyooho

IT HAPPENED!!!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I WAS JUST MAKING UP SOMETHING I THOUGHT WAS OUTLANDISH!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » January 15th, 2018, 8:57 am

And here I thought you were serious. In any case, hopefully, many other people will be as happy as you, Sir Cody.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » January 15th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Oh, I don't have a Switch, I was just being silly. I'm happy more people get to experience the game for sure, and Funky's great.

Here's to more David Wise music and an epic K. Rool boss battle! PLEASE?! lol
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » January 20th, 2018, 5:18 am

I'm no nerd, but I am listening to good music. What about you?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » January 26th, 2018, 12:51 am

:funky: So I was thinking in the shower and it dawned on me- if Funky can pretty much fly anywhere in DKC2 with his barrel plane...... why not just fly to the top of the island instead of going through all the dangerous terrain? Nintendo you MUST explain this obviously important plothole to me
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » January 27th, 2018, 8:20 am

I made a post about it here years ago, but basically, Funky doesn't have the fuel to do that.

I still don't like Tropical Freeze, and I never will. Perhaps it's a good thing that mostly everyone seems to have left these forums?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » January 30th, 2018, 11:53 am

What's wrong with Tropical Freeze? It's got the greatest Wise soundtrack ever!!! :thumbs: :nicework: :dk-tf: :diddy-r: :dixie-tf:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby OneOf99 » January 30th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:I made a post about it here years ago, but basically, Funky doesn't have the fuel to do that.

I still don't like Tropical Freeze, and I never will. Perhaps it's a good thing that mostly everyone seems to have left these forums?

When would not liking tropical freeze everyone leaving the forum be good? :( I think there are still some of us here who like to hang out!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » January 31st, 2018, 2:57 am

Cody wrote:What's wrong with Tropical Freeze?

In short, the game doesn't stick to its roots. While there are indeed KONG letters, bananas, and Kongs, the bonuses don't matter, the "Lost World" is a joke, there aren't any DK Coins, much of the Kong Family and many animal buddies are missing, Player 1 is always Donkey Kong, the Kremlings are still absent (perhaps for the better), and most levels crumble into a plethora of bottomless pits. I also don't care for the soundtrack, especially when Stickerbrush Symphony's remix is treated like Sonic 2's Death Egg Zone music.

OneOf99 wrote:When would not liking tropical freeze everyone leaving the forum be good? :( I think there are still some of us here who like to hang out!

With most of everybody gone, now we can't insult people that we don't agree with. Everyone I know praises DKC: TF as if it is the best game ever created, when it clearly has flaws. Furthermore, although many Atlas members still use the Chat, hardly anybody posts on the forums. Perhaps nobody has anything important to say? I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, since new users cannot register, and the current community seems to have discussed everything.

If you like Tropical Freeze, then buy the deluxe version on Switch and play through it all as Funky until you wake up in bananas. In my honest opinion, it will never be as great as the original trilogy, even 20 years from now. :rant:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » January 31st, 2018, 10:42 am

Super Luigi! wrote:With most of everybody gone, now we can't insult people that we don't agree with. Everyone I know praises DKC: TF as if it is the best game ever created, when it clearly has flaws. Furthermore, although many Atlas members still use the Chat, hardly anybody posts on the forums. Perhaps nobody has anything important to say? I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, since new users cannot register, and the current community seems to have discussed everything.
If you like Tropical Freeze, then buy the deluxe version on Switch and play through it all as Funky until you wake up in bananas. In my honest opinion, it will never be as great as the original trilogy, even 20 years from now. :rant:

Hey, I'll always be happy to discuss things :D Hopefully the registration issue gets fixed soon and we can get back to growing the community
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » January 31st, 2018, 10:54 am

I know at least one person who might want to still join. She might not be the biggest DKC fan, but I'm sure she would help.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » February 2nd, 2018, 1:37 pm

Even though new users may not be able to join as easily as before, old users can still log on without a sweat!

How art thou, Super Luigi?
Previously "Donkey Kong Fan"
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » February 3rd, 2018, 9:13 am

I am well, dear PegasusMan. Hopefully, we will both succeed greatly and enjoy life.

Flowers are also interesting.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » April 11th, 2018, 7:42 pm

I miss you guys. I wish the forums were more active; I come here semi-frequently for a little bit but there are oftentimes so few new posts that I only just browse :(
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby PegasusMan » April 13th, 2018, 11:59 am

So it's alright to just randomly revive old topics? :huh:

MatiZ, that video has been taunting me on YouTube for a while now... I've been avoiding it because the old design of DK, in my opinion, is worse than the current design. I guess it's time to give it a watch now, though. Good to get multiple viewpoints...
Bananas received 8

Postby MatiZ » April 13th, 2018, 8:20 pm

I agree. I don't like his old design either.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Super Luigi! » April 14th, 2018, 1:27 pm

Someone from these very forums showed me that video in Chat long ago, and now, it is everywhere.

Also, feel free to post here, there, or anywhere, Sir Cody. You never know how many eyes will be watching.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » April 15th, 2018, 12:09 pm

Does anyone here compose music? I dabble, but I haven't made anything too substantial. I do have a few pieces I'm proud of, though :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby PegasusMan » April 15th, 2018, 1:23 pm

I'd love to hear those pieces, Cody! Being a composer myself, I sometimes find inspiration from other composer's compositions! :banana:
Bananas received 8

Postby Cody » April 17th, 2018, 8:48 am

Sure, man :D

The Turtle Shuffle - my first 'composition', just a silly track that puts emphasis on a main melody.
Dance of the Deathcaps - I made this during a particularly bleak day of my life
Insect Dissect - no idea what this is!
Time Is Up - WIP - just my latest work in progress, but I feel like it could be going into an interesting direction, so I decided to include it.

The way I compose music is kind of like art in the sense that I don't know what I'm doing as I do it, and I kind of look back to a finished work and I'm like, "huh? ok!" I have almost 100 work in progresses that I haven't worked on in 2+ years. Hopefully eventually. I also don't think I'm any good at all :P this is the byproduct of me messing around in Mixcraft for the last 8 years :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » April 18th, 2018, 1:41 am

I want to eat DKC, because it is very satisfying Unfortunately, I cannot, unless I .
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » April 18th, 2018, 2:19 am

Super Luigi! wrote:I want to eat DKC, because it is very satisfying Unfortunately, I cannot, unless I .

You should anyways. Butter it up and then dip in some banana pudding. :bunch-tf:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby PegasusMan » April 18th, 2018, 9:41 am

Wow Cody, those aren't half bad for someone who does not know what they are doing while they are composing! Obviously, with music theory, they could be improved, but they remain very impressive without the help of music theory! :thumbs:

I'm really enjoying "Time Is Up"; I cannot wait for the final product! It makes me think of the music from Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie for the N64; in short, it provides nostalgia! In my opinion, your last 8 years have been put to good use in composing pieces, including the ones you shared!

Keep up the good work and don't forget to share the final product of "Time Is Up" with us! :clap:
Bananas received 8

Postby Cody » April 18th, 2018, 12:24 pm

@PegasusMan - Absolutely, I'll share it! With "Time Is Up" it just kind of came naturally, and I totally get a Banjo vibe from it too. I haven't added much since but it definitely will be completed eventually. Maybe if I ever learn how to do marimba rolls like Kirkhope does I'll make a midi and insert it into the Banjo ROM :P

The best way I can describe it is, when I compose, I have no idea where to begin and when I finish something, it's generally a combination of improv and trial and error. It's very similar to how I draw:

Feel the Bird | Aquarium Universe | Rocket Duck takes a trip | Midnight City ← these 4 are random drawings that I whipped up with an ink pen and printer paper, and I definitely had no idea how any of those was going to turn out at all. That's kind of my approach to composing, too. I can picture music in my head but just can't translate it to Mixcraft. With art it's the same but with pen/paper. I don't think I have any other way of doing art or music.... it's just how I am. I'm cursed. :facepalm:

Heck, if I ever improve musically or artistically, it'd be fun to make an album. Maybe in 2030 lol.

Edit: I tagged you in this post because I had no idea I was the bottom post :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes