The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby CaptainEddie » August 9th, 2009, 1:41 pm

I beat the first one. Yeah, getting note was difficult. But remember,

Spoiler!
In the end you have to have ALL the notes and ALL the jiggies to beat the game.

I definiteky thought the darker tone was better in Banjo-Tooie, and it was a lot more cinematic, but I also thought the worlds were a little less colorful and different from another. Thus, I like the first game better.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Rodent » August 12th, 2009, 10:50 pm

So my computer was down for a month or so, if anyone was wondering.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Simion32 » August 14th, 2009, 9:24 am

I'll be starting College classes soon, so if I seem to be missing from the forum occasionally, that's why.

Of course, I'll be on at least once a day anyway. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Rodent » August 14th, 2009, 9:28 am

I'm ecstatic for college/university in two years. Come to think of it, I only have 9 more weeks of school ever left.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Kiddy14 » August 15th, 2009, 2:39 pm

I'm on vacations since yesterday afternoon.
Though some of my friends are just starting their classes xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby PotoGamer » August 16th, 2009, 5:18 am

I just started my classes this week, and my teachers are nice. Yesterday at my school, as a welcoming, they had a carnival-themed celebration, and it was awesome. My favorite part was that they had the dean of discipline in a dunk tank. It's a nice start for the shool year. :lol:
Trailblazer

Postby JadeRoseofChaos » August 17th, 2009, 11:46 am

Doctor Octagonapus BLLLAAAARRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

/O O____________________________________________________________________________________________________
// /
\\ \
\\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dang. The Lazar thing don't look right. Ah well.
Tourist

Postby Rodent » August 26th, 2009, 9:30 pm

The lazer thing was never funny.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 6th, 2009, 11:42 am

I just bought a fricking SNUGGIE!!! It`s so amazing! I decided on a pink one to aid in the fight against breast cancer (which my mother may be inflicted with- she has some form of cancer in her breasts, anyway. And Ms. Pac-Man`s the mascot which makes it kewl.)

If only my ex-lover/best friend was here to Snuggle with me... Alas, she is not. :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » September 6th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:I just bought a fricking SNUGGIE!!!

Seriosuly why?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 6th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Dude, it`s a blanket with sleeves. Why anyone wouldn`t buy a Snuggie is beyond me.

And I probably should take this to the Heartbreak Thread, but gosh- she was so perfect for me! Where did things go wrong... I don`t get womens. No sir, I don`t. :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » September 6th, 2009, 4:25 pm

It's a dressing gown only backwards. :|
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DKCplayer » September 8th, 2009, 7:00 pm

JadeRoseofChaos wrote:Doctor Octagonapus

Say, if Dr Octogonapus has a son, I wonder what his wife would look like.
Also,
Spoiler!

I swear that I'm seeing that smiley face more often.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Gnawzooka » September 8th, 2009, 7:02 pm

I swear I've been seeing your face less often. Am I correct?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DKCplayer » September 9th, 2009, 4:39 pm

Well yeah. A lot of stuff's been happening this year. Some bad and some good. (I got a laptop! :D)
I haven't been on Youtube much either and I've also been starting to watch anime such as Detective Conan and Lucky Star.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Gnawzooka » September 9th, 2009, 5:40 pm

A new laptop? If you're one of those bastard year 9s who got a free laptop from the govt while me and other yr 10s suffer...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 10th, 2009, 12:01 pm

rofl

Anyway... Guys, I just attended a seriously epic church service. A teenaged couple in my youth pastor`s old group died during the weekend, and he was very moved to make sure that he knew everyone was going to the right place when they pass on. He also wanted us to make sure that we planted the seed God gave us in as many people as possible, so:

I know I`m on a video game forum. But death happens to everyone, all the time. If you haven`t accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, I highly recommend that you do so. While you`re at it, get yourself involved with a good church and get into the Word of God. Real salvation is waiting for you inside.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DKCplayer » September 10th, 2009, 4:48 pm

Gnawzooka: No no no ... I am a year nine but no. I got mine for Christmas.
Tiptup Jr: Agreed. He sacrificed His life to take away our sins.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Gnawzooka » September 10th, 2009, 5:59 pm

@Kong Fu and Jomingo: The Australian Government recently decided to give free laptops to many Year 9 Students.
Tiptup Jr. wrote:f you haven`t accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, I highly recommend that you do so. While you`re at it, get yourself involved with a good church and get into the Word of God. Real salvation is waiting for you inside.

Please don't, I can only tolerate religious people until they try and push their beliefs onto others.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby BlueTronic » September 10th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Gnawzooka wrote:
Tiptup Jr. wrote:f you haven`t accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, I highly recommend that you do so. While you`re at it, get yourself involved with a good church and get into the Word of God. Real salvation is waiting for you inside.

Please don't, I can only tolerate religious people until they try and push their beliefs onto others.

If you don't like his right to freedom of religion, just put him on the ignore list. Savvy? :P
Gnawzooka wrote:@Kong Fu and Jomingo: The Australian Government recently decided to give free laptops to many Year 9 Students.

Let me rephrase that

what are year 9s? :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » September 11th, 2009, 7:53 am

Year 9 as in "9th graders" I believe.

Tiptup: I agree with Gnawzooka. There is nothing more annoying than religious people trying to advertise their religion to others, and to some people that can be very offensive. No, we aren't going to get into a religious debate here, I'm only saying that people are going to believe what they want and this is not the place to convince them otherwise. If I've ever been against advertising on this forum this is the ultimate example.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » September 11th, 2009, 5:46 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:what are year 9s? :P

Kinder, year 1, year 2, year 3 etc.... up until 12.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Kiddy14 » October 2nd, 2009, 3:02 pm

And then THEY WILL DIE!

... I'm on exams, I need a break =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby DK4Ever » October 7th, 2009, 5:32 pm

Eh....I'm right there with you Gnaw as far as tolerance for religious folks goes.

I don't understand why it's so important that we believe the same thing...where's the diversity in the world if everyone did this?

Tiptup, you crazy turtle, I expected more tolerance for the non-religious or otherwise from someone as intelligent as yourself.

Tisk tisk.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm back in the mood for some DKC-Atlas! I started college in August and all that, and lately I've been feeling like I need to get back in the groove with my lost loves

(DKC and Smash)
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 8th, 2009, 12:50 am

DK4Ever wrote:Tiptup, you crazy turtle, I expected more tolerance for the non-religious or otherwise from someone as intelligent as yourself.

Tisk tisk.

Er... excuse me? Did ever say I had no tolerance for the non-religious? No. But I'm a Christian, and I believe that if a person doesn't know Jesus they'll burn for it... I love you guys, and I would not like that to happen. But enough: I'm not starting a religious flame war here. Each man to his own, I suppose.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » October 9th, 2009, 5:10 am

Burning sounds more exciting anyway, If it's true I'll probably have fun with it. and all I did say was "more tolerance", not "some"

Spoiler!
And if Diablo 2 has taught me anything, if I end up in Hell, I can turn into a necromancer and slay satan with my army of skeletons and golems. And bone wall.

Now, away from the brooding religious flame war....

For all you College-bound folks (In a few years, Tiptup, Kiddy, Jo), whatever you might hear about it, its not nearly as rough as you hear...unless you're a science major.

I'm a history major. It's been quite the great experience, and I've had plenty of game time, don't fear.

And, does anyone else have the japanese rom of SoulSilver? I think i'll make a topic to discuss the game if noone has already.

To the Games sub-forum!
Treasure Hunter

Postby DKCplayer » October 9th, 2009, 3:36 pm

DK4Ever wrote:Does anyone else have the japanese rom of SoulSilver?

I believe you just broke a key rule of the forums:
Don’t request or provide links to any commercial ROMs.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby DK4Ever » October 9th, 2009, 4:33 pm

But I didn't provide any links. I was wondering if anyone else has or is playing the SS Japanese rom.

(I wasn't requesting a link either, or implying that I wanted one, hopefully)

(And on a forum that has a Rom Hacking sub-forum, discussing them shouldn't really be a problem. ♥ Dkc-Atlas.)
Spoiler!
And I don't want to start any arguments, but quoting the post above you IS against the rules, or at least against the etiquette.

But c'mon DKC-Player, you can't tell me you haven't tried to play SS yet?
Treasure Hunter

Postby Gnawzooka » October 9th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Persoanlly I'm waiting for it to come out in English.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » October 9th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Yeah, I can see that being the more logical solution;

I'm just not very patient when it comes to games I'm dying to play :lol:
Treasure Hunter

Postby Gnawzooka » October 9th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Well, I got Scribblenauts today, that should keep me occupied.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » October 10th, 2009, 4:16 pm

I'm really trying to get BlazBlue Calamity Trigger and finally get DBZ Burst Limit. Two good fighting games'll keep me busy, while I'm recovering from my double hernia removal I had today.

In addition to SS :D
Treasure Hunter

Postby DKCplayer » October 10th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Sorry DK4ever, I misunderstood what you where saying. I wasn't trying to have a go at you.
Spoiler!
Oh yeah, forgot about the quoting rule. :oops: The irony hurts me! :?

I didn't actually know what SoulSilver (Or HeartGold) was until I looked it up.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby DK4Ever » October 11th, 2009, 2:37 am

It's all good man, you seemed rather confrontational, sorry about that mix-up. :(

But yeah, Soulsilver/HeartGold is good stuff, (I can't remember if you were a Pokemon player) and you should definitely look into it, eh?
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 11th, 2009, 5:10 am

I'm naked under my clothes.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » October 11th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Me too, but I'm not even being metaphorical =(

I can't wear underwear right now because I had a double hernia removal yesterday :(
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 11th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Good golly gosh! That's... Ahem. Anyway, just finished watching Austin Powers 3 and I'm gonna go to bed. My Snuggie's done drying. 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » October 12th, 2009, 2:26 am

Just uh, just thought you'd all like to know.

Also, hernia-removal recovery isn't fun.

:(
Treasure Hunter

Postby Rodent » October 16th, 2009, 10:59 pm

So I really got back into Dawn of War recently. Great game, almost inspired me to renew my tabletop hobbie. Then I thought of my money, and decided against it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby The Guy » November 11th, 2009, 7:56 am

Well, I am back...
Veteran Venturer

Postby Gnawzooka » November 19th, 2009, 9:27 am

So, here I am hoping David Wise accepts my friend request on Facebook. :mrgreen:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby BlueTronic » November 19th, 2009, 11:10 am

Aww... He doesn't have a Myspace?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gnawzooka » November 19th, 2009, 11:44 am

I wouldn't know...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » November 24th, 2009, 1:28 pm

This may be a random 'topic' about random thoughts... but typically we'd hope for posts with more than just a random expletive/exclamation... :roll:

Step into my office, young turtle...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 24th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Sorry Qyz. My life is just... extraordinary. If any of you knew me in real life, you'd understand.

Pardon the language up there. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » November 24th, 2009, 4:18 pm

So why not make good on your outburst and actually share a story with us? What's up? 8-)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 24th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Um... yeah, I'm a clinical scatter-brain so forgive me if this makes absolutely no sense. Basically weird crap just happens to me all the time. So:

First of all I believe in God and stuff (this isn't gonna be a big religious post, relax) and have a relationship with him. My parents are both recently separated. My mom has a dangerous chemical imbalance that she's graciously passed on to me, and Dad's just... bleh. So anyway.

I'm sitting here at my computer when I get a text from a beautiful girl asking if I'm going to the school dance. I skipped school today, so I didn't know we had a dance- naturally it started within twenty minutes, so I rushed to shower, dress, and show up at the high school gym. Mission accomplished.

When I arrived my lady friend was nowhere to be found, and she texted me saying she left because she thought she wasn't dressed properly. I told her she looked fine regardless of what she was wearing, so she came back and we hung out. I was kinda nervous around her and not much dancing was done, but at one point she leaned in to me and said, "hey Batman, you really should have brought your cape!"

See, at Six Flags over Georgia during the summer I bought a Batman cape after going on the actual Batman ride. I started wearing it around everywhere at church events and football games, and eventually I became so popular that people had me signing autographs on twenty dollar bills. The cape gives me a certain confidence that I definitely lacked tonight, but I told her it was alright so we started getting a little more comfortable. It was at this point in time I discovered this particular female was capable of some rather, erm... suggestive movements. Ahem. :?

So eventually she had to leave, but she could tell I was upset so we shared a very passionate hug before she was gone. Then I was just standing there alone and some football players (friends of Batman) threw me into their circle and had the cheerleaders "cheer" me up by performing, again, certain movements (nothing like actual sex though) and I thought it was too much so I left for Walmart to buy me a pop. I came back until the dance was over, and eventually got a ride home.

Now normally this shouldn't have bothered anyone, but all the traumatic stuff that's ever happened in my life just made it different than usual. I realized today that I have literally no problem getting some trampy ho to screw around with, but it's better to wait for a meaningful relationship that you know will last. Your virginity is a pure and sacred thing that, once lost, can never be retrieved again. Regardless of your religious inclinations, I think we can all agree that certain extramarital relations should not be occurring among today's youth.

But away from all that, my mom called way after I got home and started crying, saying that she was sorry for putting me through so much and confirming my suspicion that we shared the same mental anomaly. It was then I realized that the only reason she, me, and my entire family haven't been killed is because somewhere in the universe, there's a governing force- be it a big cuddly God or what have you- that seems to have favored the human race above all else.

*now in summary...*
Spoiler!
I've seen people die, I've lied and cheated, I'm famous, and I can love like few people can. My life is epic, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes