The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Gaz » November 11th, 2012, 3:33 am

Spoiler!
MrsQyzbud wrote:Did you cheat on someone?

Cheating is poo. If you cheated you're poo.

I have to agree with you on that one. Though, I never dated, but I can already tell it is.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Cody » November 11th, 2012, 10:57 am

MrsQyzbud wrote:Did you cheat on someone?

Cheating is crap. If you cheated you're crap.

Nope, but I have been involved with girls who are taken. I knew they were taken in every case, too, but I just went ahead with it anyways! That's the wonders of alcohol. I know I didn't cheat myself, but yeah, I should've known better and the fact that I didn't stop myself does confirm I'm quite the insensitive a**hole. I need to stop.

Speaking of alcohol, that's one of the things I don't like about myself. I think I'm turning into quite the alcoholic. Hell, last night, only a few hours after I wrote that post, I ended up going to a bar with some friends and blew $20 on drinks. Gah!!! What the hell is wrong with me? I can think rationally regardless of how much I drink it seems, but I think I like drinking because it stimulates my imagination and allows me to forget about my problems...but it seems to only exemplify them. It hasn't even been a full year since I had my first drink, and look at me now. :facepalm:

I like reading my posts on forums because it shines some light on how I was before all of this **** entered my life. Keep in mind there's a lot I'm leaving out, too (it's not all about alcohol).

Qyzbud wrote:Umm... what? :shock:

Seriously? The beauty of a rhythm game for a portable gaming system with rudimentary cartoon graphics trumps the beauty of *insert games*

Am I missing something? :|

I know 'beautiful game' doesn't just mean graphics, but... really? I'd love to hear your perspective.

While the DS one does hold a prominent place as my favorite in the series, the Rhythm Heaven series actually consists of 3 games (4 if you include the Japan-only arcade version, but eh).

The first game is Rhythm Tengoku, a Japan-only game for the GBA. It was literally the last first-party GBA game ever released (August 2006). It was totally experimental, and the end result was incredible. In an interview, the director said that after its release he was literally afraid to look online at how well-received the game was. Fortunately it was praised for its challenge and originality. Playing through Rhythm Tengoku is an incredible experience...I'll just link to Remix 5 and the AWESOME game select music. I'm so glad I was fortunate enough to import the game brand new on Amazon.

The second game is Rhythm Heaven for the DS (its Japanese name was Rhythm Tengoku Gold), which is a sequel to Rhythm Tengoku. Almost all of its several dozen stages are brand new, though there are several cameo characters. The graphics of the DS one specifically might be a little barebones and subpar at times (though not in all cases), but the gameplay and music (in pretty much every case) is nothing short of amazing, not to mention the game can be absolutely ridiculously challening. It's a good little package for what its worth; the DS Rhythm Heaven is my favorite in the series and I couldn't be happier ranking it as one of my favorite games of all time. I also find the graphics extremely charming personally. The pic you posted is of the stage Drummer Duel (specifically the version featured in Remix 4, which can be found here). Drummer Duel is probably the "ugliest" and least original stage in the game, so it's no surprise my post struck you as a complete WTF when you saw it.

The third game is Rhythm Heaven Fever for the Wii (Japanese name Minna no Rhythm Tengoku), yet another sequel. It has 50 new stages as well as a few bonus recurring stages from the GBA game. Check out how incredible the animation for this game is! Rhythm Heaven Fever's Remix 10 blew my mind. So did the INCREDIBLY well-done localized vocals. This localization did too. Certain stages make me smile. The Wii one is probably the best fundamentally but I fell in love with the DS one first, so it's my favorite. Oh, and for no reason at all, here's Remix 7!

The games are just really fun to play and have a lot of charm. They strike me as heartfelt and beautiful, and sadly many other games don't, even if I love them tremendously. The developers put a LOT of time into this series and it shows. It's EXTREMELY underrated and I couldn't love it more than I currently do.

To me, they're more than just "rhythm games." They're works of art and anyone who doesn't play them is (in my opinion) missing out on some of the finest gaming out there.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 11th, 2012, 11:30 am

My brother and his friends are making Native American war cries...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 11th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Cody wrote:
MrsQyzbud wrote:Did you cheat on someone? Cheating is crap. If you cheated you're crap.

Nope, but I have been involved with girls who are taken. I knew they were taken in every case, too, but I just went ahead with it anyways! That's the wonders of alcohol. I know I didn't cheat myself, but yeah, I should've known better and the fact that I didn't stop myself does confirm I'm quite the insensitive a**hole. I need to stop.

I don't think what you did is that bad, it's not good but you shouldn't feel guilty. If it wasn't you it would have been someone else, some people just cheat.

It's the person who is cheating that it crap. It's disrespectful, nasty and dishonest. If you're with someone then you must have liked them at some point and should therefore have the respect to break it off before moving on.

If you're with the right person then you wouldn't want to cheat anyway. If you want to cheat then end the relationship, simple.

I'd only cheat on Qyz with Qyz :P
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby fastpager200 » November 11th, 2012, 7:42 pm

So this is Random Thoughts, so here is my random thought:Where did Kong Fu get sprites of the glitched/albino Donkey Kong? :scratch:
Tourist

Postby Simion32 » November 12th, 2012, 7:21 am

Ripped them from the game using screen shots, obviously. There's a thing called an emulator, you know... :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Cody » November 12th, 2012, 8:57 am

For me, alcohol is a hit or miss. Oftentimes I can get absolutely SLOSHED and still be able to think rationally, but other times I'll feel like I'm on another planet, or dreaming, or something. I'm still able to think rationally but I'd prefer just going all out and saying/doing things I probably wouldn't had I been 100% sober. For example, making up rhymes and singing off the top of my head. Calling random people on my contacts list... talking to absolutely everyone and anyone around me... I could stop myself easily but I don't want to, if that makes sense. I swear alcohal absolutely enhances my imagination and creativity (which I'm already filled to a rim with) and exemplifies my social tendencies in a positive way. It also allows me to magically forget all my problems temporarily. It's kind of beautiful, actually.

However, alcoholism isn't the type of lifestyle I want to live. I can realistically picture myself in 10 years going to bars nightly, apathetically drinking away my life. I don't want to that to happen and it's kind of sad that I'm even remotely progressing toward that point.

I need to stop drinking to the extent that I do. It's like I'm possessed: I don't want to spend money on alcohol but I always do.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 12th, 2012, 9:14 am

I'm not allowed to drink. Not just because I'm seventeen but also because of my seizures.

Why are we talking about alcohol?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Gaz » November 12th, 2012, 11:09 am

I don't know, but I sure hate it. :evil: .
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 12th, 2012, 11:24 am

Qyz and I rarely drink. We don't care for the taste of alcohol, also we have so much fun without it so why bother?

We went for a walk at like 10pm the other night and ended up on the couch laughing so hard I was amost crying :P
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Super Luigi! » November 13th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Which leads me to ask, "What happened?" Wait, I don't think I need to use quotes if I'm the one talking. And as for the drinking, the strongest thing that I give to my friends is something that is known as the Full Restore. (No, I'm not talking about computers.)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 15th, 2012, 9:28 am

Super Luigi, you're talking about Pokemon aren't you?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Cody » November 15th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I don't think I've ever talked about Pokemon here on DKC-Atlas. There's a good reason for that: I never ever got into the games at all. I don't know the name of a single Pokemon, a single move or item. I feel like I'm in the lost shadows of doom :(

Just kidding! I started with R/B/Y, completely adored those games. Got Gold a year or so later, got Crystal 8 months after that and literally clocked hundreds of hours on each one, playing them all the time, etc.

I stopped playing Pokemon in 2002 at the age of 11 (even going as far as giving away my games) -- I thought I "outgrew" Pokemon is why. Then in early 2004, I found a Sapphire cartridge on the parking lot of a local church that was across from my (then) middle school. Not knowing what to expect as the label was ripped off, I brought it home and started playing it...to my surprise, it was Pokemon! Apathetically started a playthrough. Let's just say that I clocked 250+ hours on that Sapphire cartridge alone and probably got more out of it than I ever would have imagined. I fell completely in love with it.

About 5 months later in June 2004, I got 'bored' of Sapphire (having leveled up my team to 100 / caught most of the Poke Dex) and simply gave away my cartridge. I had no need for it anymore.

Then fast forward to April 2007. I was 15 and a friend of mine was like "I just got Pokemon Diamond, it's really good" and I figured I'd get the game to relive memories of the series. They were out of Diamond, but had one copy of Pearl left so I picked it up. Best decision ever. I clocked 400+ hours into Pearl since then, bought Fire Red/Emerald soon after getting Pearl, got another Sapphire used, got Platinum on its release date/Diamond shortly after, a used LeafGreen, got HeartGold and got Black, etc. I've also replayed R/B/Y/G/S/C a whole lot since. I still have all of the GBA games, all of the DS games (minus SoulSilver) and a few of the GB/GBC games (funnily enough the Red version is my original one; I gave it to a friend in 2002, and he gave it back to me last year!). Unlike my past self, I don't think I'll ever get rid of my games. Now that I'm older I'll love this series forever and ever.

Now that I've gone over my history with the series, I'll just come out and say I go for atmosphere in Pokemon games. It sounds a bit silly putting that into words but that's where I'll always stand. I don't care about competitive battling, IVs/EVs or any of that stuff even remotely. I'm in it because I enjoy raising multiple teams myself and exploring interesting, creative worlds more than once.

As for the games being the same, story and gameplay-wise, yeah...I agree. I couldn't tell you a damned thing about Team Plasma/Galactic/whoever-the-hell's plans but I still get the general gist of how the game progresses. Here's a Pokemon -- raise it nice! Here's where the Pokemon Center is! Gwahaha! I'm *insert team*'s leader! You can't beat me! Oh no, you beat me! Thanks for rescuing me, here's a Master Ball! Congrats, you beat the Pokemon League! Same stuff no matter how you slice it in whatever game.

However, despite similar or unmemorable storylines, the atmospheres in the main Pokemon games are always interesting with unique, amazingly beautiful and distinct areas to explore. It's quite wonderful. Atmosphere is why Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, the games disliked by fans of the series the most, are my favorite: they were an adventure with tons of interesting landscapes and explorable areas (at least to me). Diamond and Pearl seem to not be well-liked as much as the other generations either but I thought that game had an absolutely mind-blowing atmosphere, what with the northeast island, certain cities and Mt. Coronet. I dunno though, it might only be me.

If there's one thing I can count on in a main Pokemon game, it's atmosphere. I say that with a straight face having clocked 3,000+ hours in this series combined for sure.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Simion32 » November 15th, 2012, 2:17 pm

I own both Sapphire and Ruby, nothing else. I got them by surprise when wanting silver/gold for Christmas or something a long time ago.

The one I did play was Sapphire. While I was still interested in playing it, from what I can remember — yeah, I'd have to say the atmosphere was awesome. And I loved the game, too.

Though, I wasn't as much of a player of the game as Cody is. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Super Luigi! » November 17th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Neither am I! Maybe I shouldn't have even implied Pokemon in the first place... Nah!

As for my experience with the games, it goes back to 2006. My first game was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, which isn't the same Trainer style game as Gold and Diamond, but I still loved it. I turned out to be a Machop, because for some reason, the game thought I was brave. I have looked at Machops and seen myself ever since. I erased my enormous file about 3 years ago, but then started to build it back up last year, and then really started playing it last summer. I am aiming to recruit every single Pokemon into my rescue team with the same devotion that Simion32 has to build Delta, and I will succeed.

Soon after getting Red Rescue Team, I was given Leafgreen, which was my first Trainer style game. I loved that game and played it for a long time. But when I gave it to my best friend to borrow (He knew to choose New Game and not save it.), his brother not only saved over my data, but also lost the game. So now I don't have it anymore and I still think about where it might be at...

Some years later, a close family member gave me his Diamond that he had been saving for me. Now, don't get me wrong, it was and still is a wonderful game, but after I defeated the 8th Gym Leader, I was through with the game. This mostly happened because that same person gave me his old Ruby game which he had stopped playing right before the Elite Four as well. So then, I decided to give it a go by erasing his file (with his permission, of course) and starting my own. I chose May, the female Trainer, because Brendan didn't resemble me very much, and I named her Kimmy. I chose Mudkip. I named him Mufala. Later, I found a Machop. He was named after myself. At the end of my journey, I went back to find a Ralts. She was given the name of my most beautiful and intelligent cousin. Together, these three formed my ultimate Level 100 team. Those Pokemon and I went everywhere together. Our friendship... was very strong. After defeating the Champion Steven about 26 times, we began to settle down by planting berries. For months, I patiently awaited the growth of my seedlings and the legendary Mirage Island, as it was there that the best berry was said to grow. I then took a break and played Pokemon Black, which a cousin had given me. To make a long story short, I had all 5 Trainer Stars on my Trainer Card in that game. Then that same cousin came back and asked for the game back so that he could redo everything. My response? Go ahead, just please be sure to save my Pokemon so that I can come back for them later. "Oh sure," he says, "Yeah, I've got loads of boxes in my White version that I can use!" Turns out, he took what Pokemon he wanted and threw away the rest. But at least I still had Ruby, right? That's what I thought...

One day, a friend of my close family member came by for a visit. He asked for Ruby, just to play it for a day or two. Sound familiar? Yeah, I thought so too, and I told him about what had happened with my best friend years ago. My family member's friend promised that it wouldn't happen. So, I lent it to him for two days. I should have said one. On the first day, to simplify events, I called him on his phone to check for Mirage Island and he found it. Imagine my excitement, now that my long-held dream had come true. I told him to pick the berry and save it right there. He and I met the next day, and he gave me the game back. I rushed back home, popped in the cartridge, and turned my Game Boy Advance SP on. I skipped past the Nintendo sign and title screen as I had done for the 150th time, and that's when I saw it, or rathe, didn't see it. My game file. It had been saved over, and the file had the same name as the person I had just seen an hour or so ago. I immediately called him up, but received no answer for days. Then, when I finally was able to ask him about it, he had no idea what I was talking about. I could've been wrong, but since I had taken lie detector lessons the night before, I thought he was telling the truth. And just like that, my file on Mirage Island became a mirage itself and was gone with the wind.

Now, I have Black 2 and still have Red Rescue Team, along with Ruby, Black, and Sapphire. The last two were given to me by the cousin who I gave Black to in the first place. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is to not trust people with your most precious belongings, or at least your Pokemon games. However, I still trust my best friend, my cousin, and the family member's friend, and I would probably trust them with another save file. So, there's my story. It also serves as the reason why I have May as my avatar instead of Super Luigi. I will forever remember my Swampert, Machoke, and Gardevoir. And, I will always remember Kimmy. My fellow Atlas members, I now give this topic back to you.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » November 18th, 2012, 11:15 am

I found Mirage Island in Sapphire!! There was a lone berry and a BUNCH of Wynaut in the grass. I remember I saved my game and turned it on later only to find that the island was gone and I was standing on the ocean!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » November 19th, 2012, 10:12 am

Thank you Cody. Thank you for fufilling a deceased girl's wish. I shall now honor you with something that I do not yet know and most likely don't have. But it shall be done!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » November 20th, 2012, 9:30 am

Do you think this,

Is a reference to this?

If not, it still is a funny coincidence.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Qyzbud » November 20th, 2012, 10:26 am

You know what? It probably is. Nice little throwback, that. :D

Even if it is just a coincidence, it's pretty awesome.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » November 20th, 2012, 2:59 pm

I also agree that it's a throwback reference. I find it funny that I might have considered that before you brought it up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » November 20th, 2012, 5:52 pm

I think someone stole my DS Lite...and none other than Mario Party DS was in it. I discovered it was missing today (it had to have been stolen 2 weeks ago) and I was really, really sad--not because of the memories with that DS Lite, but because I had one of the best games of all time in it: a game that means pretty much everything to me (at least in terms of how much a game means to me).

Drove to GameStop without hesitation and I bought a used copy of the game for $26.93. Worth EVERY penny. Good thing I have my 3DS XL, because I'm able to play the game. Currently playing through Story Mode with Waluigi ♥

What's funny/ironic is that I deliberately entered GameStop with the intention of getting this game. I expected to look through the used game glass case for a bit, but as soon as I went to approach it I saw a DS case on the floor. It was none other than Mario Party DS, no joke. It's as if it was telling me "BUY ME, BUY ME!!!" :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 21st, 2012, 7:52 am

Awww, I'm sorry, Cody. :( I hope you find it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Cody » November 21st, 2012, 9:29 am

As soon as I got out of the car this morning, I ended up finding a $20 bill laying on the floor near a bush. I saw it from about 4 feet away. Something just...told me to look near the bush, so I did. It's the Mario Party Gods blessing me. ♥

The way I see it, if my DS Lite doesn't pop up...it's not the end of the world. It's perfectly alright. I already replaced the game (which meant more to me than the console itself) and I have me a 3DS XL if I ever wanted to play DS games.

If the DS Lite DOES show up, then that's absolutely wonderful and I'll have 2 copies of one of my favorite games of all-time. :thumbs:

For me, the biggest loss was definitely Mario Party DS. I clocked a LOT of hours into that game unlocking all the souvenirs and character figurine thingies.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » November 21st, 2012, 2:39 pm

Sort of like how my Ruby file was "stolen" from me? If so, then I can relate. Well actually, I can relate to you losing Mario Party DS regardless. I hope it turns up for you!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » November 21st, 2012, 3:36 pm

I FOUND MY DS LITE, YEAH!!!!!!! And to think it was within 5 feet of me this whole time... truly a miracle. I am so effing stoked, I couldn't stop smiling for like 10 minutes.

Anyways, I guess I'm going to continue playing Mario Party DS... already beat Story Mode with Waluigi and started one with Wario; might as well finish the file since it's an amazing game. After that I'll give it to someone who will treat it well; I don't want to take it back to GameStop. It needs a good home. :P

After that I think it's time for Rhythm Tengoku / Rhythm Heaven (Fever) again. I ♥ these games. I NEED TO PLAY THEM
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » November 22nd, 2012, 5:53 pm

"I shall use this power for good!"

So let me guess, Cody. When you found it, first you looked like this: :scratch: , then you changed to this: :facepalm: , and then stopped at this: :thumbs: . Is that an adequate inerpretation?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » November 23rd, 2012, 2:51 pm

Yes, and to you too, Chibisai Kong. I'm sure everybody here at the DKC Atlas is thankful for DKC!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Gaz » November 24th, 2012, 3:27 am

Of course we are. I'm thankful that Dib has a disturbing head.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » November 24th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Just as much as I am thankful to be with my Pokemon, I presume. That, and to be typing to you from Mirage Island.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby The Banana Bird » November 28th, 2012, 11:45 am

I great to be back, for real this time. I am back into DKC, not fully though. I watch videos of it alot, but hurricane Sandy took out my SNES I JUST bought while DKC was shipping for it :rant:. Well I will be posting again anyways.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » November 28th, 2012, 6:52 pm

Hey, good to have you back!

You really lost your newly purchased SNES in a hurricane? :shock:

That is some bad luck. At least you're okay, right? Sounds like there's a bit of a story here — what happened? Did you have to evacuate? :?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » November 29th, 2012, 2:33 am

It's so good to have you back, banana bird! I'm glad you're okay from that hurricane.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » November 29th, 2012, 10:12 am

Glad to be Phyre :) and also Qzy it is some pretty bad luck, I did have to evacuate and I only lost my basement, not like my whole house. I have been gone for a weird reason, I started playing some game called the Binding of Issac (It is really fun) and TF2 (Also really fun). After giving it DKC up for Lent I just stopped playing, well now I hope to get my SNES again for Christmas.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » November 29th, 2012, 2:11 pm

I went through a patch of more-or-less ignoring DKC (and this website :oops:) in favour of another game series... but I didn't have a hurricane (or Lent) to blame that on... just the Uncharted series. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 30th, 2012, 6:33 am

Well I've mostly been playing non-Nintendo games lately, and they are bitchin'. Good graphics, actual competitive online, etc. Nothing will usurp the DKCs from being the best games ever but Nintendo as a company is dead to me.

Halo 4 is okay but I think Reach is better. Completed the 360 version of Banjo-Kazooie in one day, completed LEGO Batman 2 awhile ago and did everything story-related in Arkham City, which is nothing short of effing AMAZING. I'm a big Batman fan, I pirate comics like every effing day. Anyway.

Oh, and yeah, the Invader Zim roleplay is getting real old real fast.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby The Banana Bird » November 30th, 2012, 8:05 am

What is the Uncharted series? Oh yeah, and your right Titup Halo Reach is a bit better then 4.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 2nd, 2012, 7:04 pm

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone but if there's one thing I've learned since Thursday it's that the Doctor Who fandom will tear you away from your other fandoms.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » December 5th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I'm thinking about making a custom avatar for me... any ideas on what I should do? I love having Fang, but I like to switch it up sometimes.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » December 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Well, what does your name mean? Once you find out, you could try making an avatar based on the definition. Or maybe try Dixie hitting K. Rool with a tire on a rope while DK looks on in astonishment.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » December 6th, 2012, 5:55 pm

The Banana Bird wrote:What is the Uncharted series?

An amazingly beautiful, fun and engaging, cinematic and story-rich series of third-person action/adventure/puzzle games for the PlayStation 3.

I actually bought a PS3 just to play Uncharted 2 — perhaps the first game to truly impress me more than DKC2! :o

A few sites to refer to for those interested:

Developer Naughty Dog's game page
Wikipedia page
The Uncharted Wiki

Hit up some videos on YouTube... this series has to be seen in action (preferably played!) to be done any justice. ;)

Here's a few to get you started...

Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 7th, 2012, 11:46 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Well, what does your name mean? Once you find out, you could try making an avatar based on the definition. Or maybe try Dixie hitting K. Rool with a tire on a rope while DK looks on in astonishment.

Well that escalated quickly.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 8th, 2012, 1:15 pm

*sarcasm overload*Don't I feel fan-freaking-tastic at the moment.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Soniccuz » December 9th, 2012, 11:36 am

dsijfjnsdjnfe.
So, my internet connection reset during a final exam.....

Excuse me, while I ritually sacrifice my router! :rant:

(Need to vent)

So, appealing to which pagan god would be appropriate in this situation?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Soniccuz » December 9th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Of course! It (was) Saturday, and it is December, so, Saturn is the logical choice. Silly me. Hm, can't say I approve of his temple doubling as a treasury but, I like the Free Speech, and drinks.

geno wrote:Do you think this,

Is a reference to this?

If not, it still is a funny coincidence.

This brightens my day, by an inch.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 9th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Saturn, the Roman mythological King of the Titans, also known in Greek mythology as Kronos, father to Zeus, known in Roman mythology as Jupiter. By request of his mother Gaia(Earth), chopped his father Ouranos (Heaven) into bits with the man's own scythe, which Zeus would later to him, thus starting the Age of the Titans, the Golden Age(for Kronos---Zeus doing this would start the Bronze Age, the Age of the Gods). December is convenient for him because the church created Christmas to counteract the pagan festival of Saturnalia.

Sorry, it's after two in the morning here and for some reason I'm reminiscing about all the weird things I learned in Theatre Arts last year. It's making the mythologist in me come out.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby EvangeliKong » December 9th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Man, i love Mythology.

And Age of Mythology is one of my favourite RTS-games not named ParaWorld.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes