The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Phyreburnz » March 24th, 2015, 10:28 am

I feel really bad for being so inactive on the forum, lately! I've been pretty busy with student teaching. I'm hoping to get some time to make some new levels. :) I have one idea in particular that I'm quite excited to get off the ground :D More on that after I get some more time to make the level, though!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Markster » March 24th, 2015, 12:20 pm

It's okay, and you made 2000 posts! :D

Well guys, I'm back again, and I just wanted to get something off my chest...

I'm sorry for the stupidity of the past, I'm sorry for the Cream the Rabbit phase (I don't hate her or any Sonic character but I am not a fanboy), I'm sorry for half-baking most of my projects (besides Mark Adventure 1 and 2), and I'm sorry for the whole overreacting to a troll thing, I am almost 18 years old now and I've chosen to let go of that stuff, from now on I will not promise anything, only share my ideas and maybe fully finish it but no guarantee, I hate letting people down. :oops:

Forgive me guys, I am almost fully grown now and I've really matured since I was 14, if I make a project I won't announce it until it's 15% done.

And if you're wondering, yes, I am still a huge fan of Donkey Kong Country and I'm still very interested in DKC hacking! :geek: :thumbs:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Soniccuz » April 2nd, 2015, 1:04 pm

Wrote something for the Smash Bros. voting thing Nintendo's doing, though I had some trouble fitting it into 500 characters:

Originally:
The resurgence of the Donkey Kong brand, with Retro's Donkey Kong Country Returns and now Tropical Freeze, has been nothing short of a treat, but someone's been missing. This lovable alligator, or is he a crocodile, has been the series leading villain since Rare redefined the character of Donkey Kong with the “Country” games. K. Rool is the Bowser to DK's Mario and his absence just seems odd and unexplained. It’s not simply that he has failed to appear in Smash Bros. prestigious rosters, but he’s managed to seemingly vanish from his own franchise. Finally he’s donned so many costumes/personas in his time he would bring something unique to the cast. I want to fight with King K. Rool.

Under 500 Char:
The resurgence of the Donkey Kong brand has been nothing short of a treat, but someone's been missing. This lovable alligator has been the series main villain since Rare redefined Donkey Kong with the Country games. K. Rool is the Bowser to DK's Mario and his absence just seems odd and unexplained. It’s not just that he has failed to appear in SSB. rosters, but he’s managed to vanish from his own franchise. Finally he’s had so many personas in his time he would be a unique part of the cast.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby spaceman2028 » April 25th, 2015, 2:31 am

Has anyone seen the teaser on scottgames.com where you see Freddy's hat shined in a spotlight?

It's not there anymore.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby MatiZ » April 25th, 2015, 6:18 am

Good point. I wonder what this means. Out of curiosity, I watched a lot of videos on youtube about 70s, 80s, 90s animatronics like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbesEWSt8Jo

"King K. Rool" - We pronounce "K.Rool" as "cruel". In my language "cruel" sounds the same as "król" and "król" means "king" in Polish. So it's King King :D
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 27th, 2015, 7:02 pm

WHADDUP HOME DOGS!

I'm back, and to the pleasant knowing that DKC-Atlas is now seven! Gee whiz! Has it really been that long since this place was created? Seems like only last week my Nii-san account sent Qyz that one angry message ((Yeah, that was me... sorry bruh!)).

But enough about mistakes made when I was a dweeb. Happy birthday, DKC Atlas! Here's to many more years!

In other news, I've been playing some Smash 4 and enjoy g the hell out of it. If y'all see someone going by Alex playing as either orange Little Mac, purple-and-black dress Palutena, Fierce Deity Link, or black dress/white hair Zelda, that'd be me! :3

Also, it's lightning really bad here. I'm not happy. Paranoia is on the rise for me! Helped a bit when I figured out it was in connection to the raining, tho.

In less terrifying news, tho, my cat is almost a year old and is still a grade-A butthead.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby MatiZ » April 28th, 2015, 5:48 am

Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is confirmed! This image was in scottgames.com and the website is temporarily unavailable: http://i.imgur.com/YiAna9L.jpg

I've searched the code of website and I found "LastChild", "LastElementChild". You know what does it mean - there is the last soul to release.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » April 28th, 2015, 10:05 am

I just saw that image and nearly had a hyperventilation attack. Or whatever that is.

But still, HOLY MADNESS is this final part of the series going to be epic! I'm starting to wonder what's up with the smaller heads coming out of the larger one's body and what they will do, but after a closer look it appears as though the heads belong to some weird mini freddy animatronic thingies.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 30th, 2015, 3:32 pm

It's soawning, guys. MOAR FREDDIES!

In healthier news, I decided to lose weight.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » May 3rd, 2015, 5:48 pm

I just had probably one of the best nights ever as a college student. I just got drunk and watched the three stooges with my buddy for a couple of hours... I laughed like a hyena! :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby spaceman2028 » May 7th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Oh dear, Phyreburnz, that must have been rather unsettling to finally find out you did that in particular...

In other news, it's almost the end of the school year for me. Hooray for summer(if I can actually find a good way to spend it AND enjoy it)!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby spaceman2028 » May 8th, 2015, 2:50 pm

Bonnie what the heck happened to your face

In other news I've been checking out some stuffs with Spooky in her haunted house of horrors.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby MatiZ » May 10th, 2015, 2:57 am

This is frightening. So there was Freddy, now Bonnie and probably you have to expect Nightmare Chica.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » May 10th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Or maybe they will go in synch with the Paper Plate dolls and how incredibly similar they look to the two nightmare animatronics shown so far, and show us the terrifying creation that is Nightmare Puppet/Balloon Boy...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 12th, 2015, 5:37 am

to be honest, Scott Cawthon WOULD be the one to make that mash up...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby reversalmushroom » May 16th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Two Death Battles I wish they would do:

1. John Wayne VS John Wayne Gacy

2. Rubik's Cube VS Slinky
Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby spaceman2028 » May 17th, 2015, 1:30 pm

HOLY...
Chica just got REAL not too long ago! Check out Scottgames.com again!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby MatiZ » May 18th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Well. We should expect Foxy soon.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 21st, 2015, 7:49 am

We already have Foxy's tho. It's Mangle.

Also, I realize this is DKC related, but... FNAF!AU DKC.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Gaz » May 26th, 2015, 4:29 am

http://web.archive.org/web/20010208065114id_/http://www.nintendo.no/gb_DKC3.htm

This is confusing because Nintendo is intertwining Donkey Kong Country 3/Donkey Kong Land III with Donkey Kong Country. :scratch:
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby MatiZ » May 26th, 2015, 7:22 am

After a long time, I made the speedart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsbeR29g9_M
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » May 30th, 2015, 9:12 am

Hoo boy, I think we know who caused the bite of 87 now.

So anyways, back to our Steam Greenlight news report. Released recently is the incredible speedrunning game that is Action Henk. You travel across toy world style levels, running over boosters, doing loops jumps and other nonsense, buttsliding into the lineup of the best speedrunners in the world...it's just an incredible game in itself. Even the story is really good-it's got that classic, childhood style kind of action hero story feel(which makes sense, with the title being ACTION henk, after all!) that works out great for the plot of the speedrunning adventure. Just try and play the game, guys; go check it out and play it yourself as soon as you get the chance.

Here's the first part of a playthrough currently in the works for this game(and almost done!) by youtuber Bisnap. He's already made it through the main campaign already, so feel free to check out any part that you desire(but beware spoilers near the end of the LP!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAK1R4GTqDw
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 4th, 2015, 2:25 pm

I feel like now the game has just delved into cheap horror mechanics.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » June 12th, 2015, 1:57 pm

...I-Is that Shadow Freddy's hat and bowtie?! Also, what's that weird thing reflected in the light?

Don't forget to fill in the image with color to see super hidden messages!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Blaziken257 » June 17th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Holy cow, Nintendo's E3 presentation this year was absolutely awful. The only good games were ones already revealed last year (like Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero); the rest of them were spin-offs of good franchises (like Metroid Prime and Animal Crossing), assuming the franchises were acknowledged at all (still no F-Zero or Wario Land after so many years, and as far as I know, Donkey Kong was ignored too). It feels like Nintendo was deliberately trying to troll us. It's a shame, because I liked the presentations in 2013 and 2014. I guess the third time isn't the charm. That's my short rant for now, but I'll probably write a longer and more detailed one eventually.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby JadeRose » June 18th, 2015, 8:02 am

Yeah, I have to agree. I mean, they were really briging the hype in the months leading up to it, so this was just.... underwhelming.

And, I'm sorry, do we NEED an Animal Crossing party game? I mean, really?

By the way, is anyone else bothered by the Paper Mario + Mario and Luigi crossover? Maybe this comes from never having played the first two Paper Mario games, but I was always under the impression that they were in the same universe, barring Sticker Star (since it was obviously in a story book...). Don't get me wrong, I can accept it, and the game is probably going to be awesome. I guess it makes as much sense as you would expect from a surreal series like Mario. It just bugs me for some reason, that's all. Meh.
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby spaceman2028 » June 26th, 2015, 1:40 pm

At long last, after almost two weeks, Scott Cawthon has released another teaser for FNAF 4. And boy, when he said "Something big is coming", on indieDB, he wasn't kidding.

So then, if you're like me and you took a careful look into the reflection on the floor in the last teaser after such image was flipped upside down, you could easilly tell it had to be Nightmare Bonnie being reflected within. And this is that particular Nightmare Bonnie-purple bowtie included-with gray skin/fur, springtrap-like textures, two rows of teeth, and...spikes in his stomach?!

Without a doubt, this is probably the scariest and yet most epic teaser i have seen of the game thus far. I have high hopes for what this new anamatronic has in store for us, and possibly, what other secrets Scott Cawthon could be keeping from us!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby spaceman2028 » July 10th, 2015, 12:25 pm

Springtrap(who seems to have been confirmed to be taking the name of "Plushtrap" in FNAF 4) is starting to become a little desperate it seems, retaining his original form and becoming a tiny little animatronic puppet or somesuch, Terrible things DO come in small packages!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby JadeRose » July 11th, 2015, 8:43 am

Yay, a fellow FNaF fan! *high fives*

My little sister and I were having one of our long, drawn out video game discussions about this particular teaser (because she's an amazing kid and we'll both take over the world with our combined knowledge of such things... probably.)

Anyway, I immediately noticed that the window looked like one you'd find in a house, as opposed to a pizza or theme park establishment.

"Plushtrap's" resemblance to a kid opens up a variety of horrifying possibilities. Originally, it's been theorized that one would play from the perspective of the Bite of 87 victim. However, the presence of Springtrap seems to negate that: He didn't surface until Phone Dude fished him out of that room in FNaF 3. This teaser gives us a sense of the games setting, particularly its placement in the timeline.

I propose that after the fire in FNaF 3, someone bought Springtrap's remains in the subsequent auction... and gave it to their kid.

What if the kid put on the mask and a Majora's Mask scenario happened. Straight up possession, yo. And, we get to see what the kid sees. Nightmares.

Of course, this is just an idea, and I could be WAAAAY off.

(Also, if you play with the threshhold of the picture, you can see the kid is in a hall with a bunch of doors. :shock: )
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 14th, 2015, 1:16 pm

So the trailer for FNAF 4 dropped today, and apparently Scott is releasing it on the anniversary of the first one! It'll be interesting to see how the game play works I this one, since the player character seems to be a child...

In other unrelated news, Satoru Iwata sadly passed away yesterday. My heartfelt condolences go out to his friends and loved ones during this time. Iwata will surely be missed.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » July 14th, 2015, 3:45 pm

It's good to hear from you again Chibisai Kong.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: *takes off clothes*

Postby JadeRose » July 16th, 2015, 10:34 am

Oh yeah. Real professional. :roll:

Might as well start playing this song if you're going to run around like a barbarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZWrcL9Dz0
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Re: *takes off clothes*

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 17th, 2015, 11:20 am

Thats... not what they mean by tbat, Prof.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 17th, 2015, 11:21 am

Tha ks, Mark! Nice to see all of y'all again. :3
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Kimi Kong » July 21st, 2015, 5:21 am

Am i the only one who thinks this site should have a mobile app?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby JadeRose » July 21st, 2015, 8:49 am

Nah, that'd be tight.

...So, anyone ever hear Every Planet We Reach is Dead by Gorillaz? It's the perfect song for drowning your sorrows in coffee.

Anyone got any other songs like that? Please?
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby BlueTronic » July 22nd, 2015, 6:53 am

Kimi Kong wrote:Am i the only one who thinks this site should have a mobile app?

I don't think Qyz knows how to make apps :P

JadeRose wrote:Nah, that'd be tight.

...So, anyone ever hear Every Planet We Reach is Dead by Gorillaz? It's the perfect song for drowning your sorrows in coffee.

Anyone got any other songs like that? Please?

Good ol' Africa
Completely different subject matter and style, but it still has that same sorrowful feeling
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » July 23rd, 2015, 4:38 am

I can't say I've ever created a functional app, but I've certainly dabbled in mobile app development. It would be pretty neat to have an Atlas app, wouldn't it? :)

As for the Gorillaz track, I certainly get the vibe you speak of, Jade. I'll let you know if I think of anything like it.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby spaceman2028 » July 24th, 2015, 12:15 pm

FNAF has a demo, which was released to a couple of youtubers recently. This gives us all a breif glimpse of what's going on with the game.

And good lord, it looks incredible.

There's too many curveballs which Scott Cawthon threw at us for me to even begin talking about it. See for yourself, the game is crazy and the game is coming SOON!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby JadeRose » July 24th, 2015, 3:37 pm

There's too many curveballs which Scott Cawthon threw at us for me to even begin talking about it. See for yourself, the game is crazy and the game is coming SOON!

S-seriously?! It really is awesome? :) I mean, it's not like I had any doubt, but I guess I had this slight concern in the back of my mind because there's this stigma behind "4" titles, you know? That, and he tends to create these games at ludicrous speed.

Decisions, decisions... Do I go watch the Let's Plays now or after I purchase the game?

Ooooh, my friends back home are going to be absolutely thrilled! :D

Spoiler!
Ha ha! Thanks BlueTronic. Haven't heard that song in awhile. :lol:

Qyzbud, you like Gorillaz? That's so great! (And thank you.)

I was actually in a pretty weird mood that day, but everything turned out A OKAY! :dixiehappy:
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby spaceman2028 » July 29th, 2015, 8:48 am

I won't even start talking about the game yet, but it HAS in fact been officially released on steam by Scott Cawthon. Go nuts, it''s quite the thrill ride so far...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 29th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Oh man! What FNAF4 reveals... it's too real! We finally have an answer for that! But at the cost of so many more questions being asked... and omg, what is heard at the end of the sixth night minigam3!

Also, I agree: an Atlas app would be amazing!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » July 30th, 2015, 11:42 am

I'll give a small hint to you guys as to what the game's about, by using an old message:

"They used to walk around during the day too, but then there was the bite of 87'. Yeah, it's amazing how the body can live without the frontal lobe..."

Aside from that and the fact that everything looks nightmarish(hence the deal with the nightmare animatronics) and that you no longer have cameras, the game itself is mostly straightforward and harkens back to the FNAF 1 days, where you have to guard the doors to make sure nothing gets inside your room, and then mixes that up with the thing from FNAF 2 where you have to shine your flashlight on the animatronics to make sure they don't get to you. But don't flash the light if they're too close, or else your horrible demise will be sealed...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Geno » July 31st, 2015, 12:52 am

yeah, i actually exist

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned or said anything about this smash bros dlc thing here that will come out tomorrow
Spoiler!

it kinda makes me feel like :kiddysad: :facepalm: :dixiecry: :shakehead:
(it's kinda cool that it uses the Rareware design though)
but there's also the way of looking at it that sakurai noticed krool, and is just teasing us with this thing
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 6th, 2015, 9:42 am

Don't think I'll be playing FNAF4 for a while. I only just started a Let's play of the FNAF1 demo!

Also, I saw that Geno! Gonna get it next paycheck.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » August 17th, 2015, 10:26 am

The current image on Scottgames:

Scott posted this a few weeks back, and he hasn't updated in a while. Makes you wonder about his next move...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » August 18th, 2015, 11:19 am

Many months ago, I made the decision to stay away from The DKC Atlas. I thought about returning a few times, but I was always busy with school and housework. Eventually, I figured it was too late.

And then I saw one of Kimi Kong's old Gijinka photos today. Now I've returned, and I don't want to leave again. Let us all see what our lives bring us, and may we use the cards we've been dealt to the best of our abilities.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » August 18th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Put on your tinfoil hats cause it's theory time!
We'll be discussing the image above that Scott Cawthon released a while back now(which he still has yet to change!).

First off, let's get the main one out of the way. If you notice, one of FNAF 1 Golden Freddy's eyes has an odd orange circle in it. Could this mean that something is inside of his suit, and better yet, that he is in fact Fredbear?

Second, it seems as though all the animatronics were from completely different images splashed onto one another. If you look at the feet of some animatronics, it looks like the ones behind them should be farther back. But they are not, and it looks like the ones in front were photoshopped in front of the ones in the back, such as with Toy Chica and Toy Freddy, and FNAF 1 bonnie/ Toy Bonnie and Balloon Boy.

Speaking of balloon boy, if you notice, he's holding his yellow and red stripped balloon in one hand, but his sign, supposedly in his other hand, is not present for some reason.

Another thing I would like to draw your attention to is Nightmare Bonnie's bowtie. Maybe it's just me, but that shading on it is a bit off. It's seems to be resembling Nightmare Fredbear's shading for his bowtie, but in red, which gives it a rather bizarre look. Did Scott do such a thing on purpose or not? You decide.

Springtrap has the remains of Purple Guy's head inside of his, as seen in the photo. Makes sense.

The shadow animatronics(disregarding Nightmare) and the phantom animatronics do not make an appearance, presumably since they are hallucinations. For the phantoms this is not a huge issue, but for the shadow animatronics it does not. Shadow/Purple freddy is really a purple version of FNAF 2 golden Freddy with glowing eyes just like the FNAF 1 Golden Freddy, but Shadow Bonnie is unique, since he is Toy Bonnie with a vastly different set of teeth and has a body style different than normal. He also has a purple color in the minigames just like Shadow Freddy, but unlike that hallucination this one looks more like some kind of glitch-he flys around, teleports through variations of the other minigames, and looks like a garbled mess when he moves about.

Finally, whilst not a huge problem, FNAF 2 Golden Freddy is represented by his giant floating head form. This is strange, since he does in fact appear as his regular self ingame as a hallucination of a broken down animatronic. Quite odd in my opinion.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » August 19th, 2015, 12:10 am

Welcome back, Super Luigi!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes