The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Gaz » September 19th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Awwww.... I love it! I love adorable, fluffy kittens. It's a really nice, thin one too. :)
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Markster » September 20th, 2014, 10:29 am

My move to Oklahoma was canceled, it looks like I won't be going anywhere.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Phyreburnz » September 20th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Chibisai, I have a black kitty, too! :D I can never get a good picture of my cat, though. She moves around too much when you get out the camera, even though she's perfectly still before you get it out! I think most pets tend to do that... my dog does that, too.

Yeah, yeah, I know this picture has me in it, but I'm still posting it here because cat...

Spoiler!
Oh, and see that little tiny pink thing by her left eye in her tear duct? That is a tick... I didn't notice that it was a tick until a couple of days later when it got bigger. My cat is so awesome that she didn't scratch, squirm, or try to get away when I pulled it out with tweezers. She didn't even try to run away after I sat her back on the ground. Did I mention that my cat is the most badass kitty every? >:3
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 21st, 2014, 11:27 am

That's a pretty kitty, Phyre!

And Qyz, he's around four months old. But look, here's a better view of how big he is:

Spoiler!

'Human, stahp, I is too purrrfect for this nonsense!'
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » September 21st, 2014, 12:45 pm

So, has anybody come up with their halloween costumes, yet?

I'm having a hell of a time trying to come up with an idea. I want to get started somewhat early so I can put it all together, but I'm getting no place fast...

The only thing I've come up with at all that I like is to go as The Tramp (Charlie Chaplin's character).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » September 21st, 2014, 1:04 pm

Funny you should mention costumes, Phyre... MrsQyzbud and I went to a dress-up party last night for the first time in quite a while. It was German themed, so (with a stroke of genius!) I went as Albert Einstein. :D

I might post a picture here (or there) if/when photos from the night surface. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby spaceman2028 » September 21st, 2014, 2:48 pm

LOL phyre's cat wants to use the phone but hates getting in phyre's face
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby MrsQyzbud » September 23rd, 2014, 2:00 am

Albert Einstein?
That outfit was okay, not as good as the one I'm wearing now - leggings and an "I ♡ Qyzbud" T-shirt.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby spaceman2028 » September 23rd, 2014, 7:06 am

XD weird costumes but yeah cool! as i type this i'm getting the idea for a kremling kostume...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Kimi Kong » September 23rd, 2014, 12:57 pm

I might throw on my Dixie wig and a random dress and say i'm a Renaissance version of Dixie for Halloween :dixiehappy:

Regardless of my age, my happy behind is going trick-or-treating :kiddywin:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » September 24th, 2014, 2:24 pm

I ssssssshall be Klungo and give out candy to all the boyssssss and girlsssss while Grunty'ssssssss Beauty Sssssssssteal Machine playsssss in the background. That isssss, if they dare enter my lair!

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » September 24th, 2014, 2:41 pm

KLASSSSSSSIK, WEEGIO

KOME AT MEH IF YAW DAUH, CAUSE I AIN'T GOING NOWARE

...problemo ish, me hasn't gets anythingy fur meh to weair. METHINKS I FIND SOMETHING SOONY
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Blaziken257 » September 25th, 2014, 12:31 pm

12 years ago from today (September 24), Microsoft bought Rareware and effectively ruined them... and I remember the time when there weren't any good Donkey Kong games for over a decade back in the 2000's (except for maybe those inferior GBA ports of the DKC games). I mentioned this before, so I will just say that I'm glad that we have Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze to revive the series! Thank Retro for that.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Qyzbud » September 25th, 2014, 3:05 pm

[kj]steroids remembers...

Spoiler!

I think it's a soft spot for all of us. :(

I'm just glad they left us with so many great games to go back to... and yes; all praise to Retro for bringing our favourite series back to life! :thumbs: :diddywink: :dixiehappy: :rant:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » September 26th, 2014, 10:24 am

Blaziken257 wrote:12 years ago from today (September 24), Microsoft bought Rareware and effectively ruined them... and I remember the time when there weren't any good Donkey Kong games for over a decade back in the 2000's (except for maybe those inferior GBA ports of the DKC games).

True, though I'm so glad we had Paon to bring some handheld DK titles to the table. If you haven't played them, I particularly recommend King of Swing. It's one of my all-time favorite GBA games, an absolute blast on all accounts. Jungle Climber isn't bad at all either (I suppose I just prefer King of Swing for its simplicity).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby spaceman2028 » September 26th, 2014, 11:43 am

[KJ]StErOiDs also made RAREvenge as an offensive post to microsoft having the dumb idea to buy rareware.
And if microsoft's actions then weren't bad enough, they also purchased mojang some time later for a HUGE cost. I just don't understand the things some people do sometimes...

But yeah, the GBA ports were alright, though i personally avoid the first game and stick with #2 and everything it has. That and the third game's remarkable new music-i still enjoy listening to some tunes like the new Lakeside Limbo, despite the worsened quality of the system. (which reminds me-does anyone else want retro to remake the classic DKC saga like rareware did for the GBA?)

Also, what are the blue haired girl and one of the battletoads(don't remember his name at the moment) doing there? I have no memory of either of them being part of Rareware, especially the ponytails girl-she's a mystery to me.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » September 26th, 2014, 2:33 pm

@spaceman: The blue-haired girl is Vela from Jet Force Gemini, and Battletoads is indeed an early '90s Rareware creation. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby spaceman2028 » September 26th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Ah, jet force gemini...never got into it much but it interests me. The way KJ made vela cartoonish got me confuzzled for a minute there... :gnawty-lol:

I'll probably check out battletoads later.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » September 27th, 2014, 2:09 am

Just so you know, everyone here,
All around enemies grow near!
Red Kiddy Kong and I will battle,
And possibly even damage some cattle!
And as we arm ourselves for war,
We know it certainly shall not bore!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » September 27th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Reminds me of a certain show...is that ACTUAL art!?!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » September 27th, 2014, 2:08 pm

If it weren't for the sloppy edging by DK's left ear, and perhaps the uneven 'sideburns', I'd almost have believed that this was an official Nintendo DK/Jimmy Neutron crossover. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kimi Kong » September 27th, 2014, 2:19 pm

Oh how i wish it was. It's too perfect.

I didn't even notice the sloppy sideburns until you mentioned it, Qyz. XD
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby spaceman2028 » September 27th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Neither did I! :lol: :D

So i was thinking, should DK hold and throw those kannonballs like a mankey? in my opinion methinks his default animation would look rediculous throwing those klick klaks...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » October 4th, 2014, 9:02 am

Kimi... that will forever haunt me...

I think I am going to redo Glimmering Galleon. I've made a handful of levels since my first, and I still really love my concept for Glimmering Galleon. I think it's time for that level to get a nice update and make everything flow much better. I already have an idea for how it will work that will be a vast improvement. My original thoughts were to have a level that's more free-roaming, but I think that doesn't fit DKC very well. I have a plan for a more straight-forward level.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » October 15th, 2014, 3:23 am

When I see Dixie Kong, I'm filled with shame.
Even if she's just from a game.

What has happened, I do not know.
Admittedly, there's not much to show.

And yet, still, the feelings persist,
As my insides began to twist.

Because as I look upon this lovely girl,
Whose hair moves graciously with such a whirl,
I then look down and think real deep,
Why did she have to be put to sleep?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » October 15th, 2014, 5:07 am

Well then, Super luigi,
You've very well confused ME!

That story of young apette (<thats a word now :lol:)
Confused me quite a bit!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » October 17th, 2014, 8:06 am

It's really quite simple, spaceman2028,
Dixie is strong, and so great!
Even though she's very dear,
I still must run and hide in fear!

The things I've seen done to that ape,
Possibly rhyme with the word grape!
I myself I have done no better,
Seeing as I don't protect her.

And yet every night, as she still stays with me,
Sleeping in bed right next to Yoshi,
I begin to think and start to see,
She will be all right, for I am Super Luigi!

I hope this answered all your questions.
If not, I'm happy to give you more lessons!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » October 22nd, 2014, 9:58 am

Okay, okay, okay... so I can't help myself... I know that it isn't Halloween yet, but I'm so excited for it! My costume is all prepared and ready to go and I just had to share what I've been doing with everybody.

I'm going as Charlie Chaplin, but I'm also going to look as if I stepped out of one of his movies in that my entire costume will be grayscale. Everything, including my skin... but unfortunately, excluding my eyes... (I can't get colour contacts because either I will be blind the whole time and squint to see everything, or go fish-eyed because I have an astigmatism in one eye and will only have one correct prescription in)...

Spoiler!
Either way, here is my costume all put together. This is just a black and white photo, because I didn't paint my body or cane, yet.

I did a test run with my face paint.

I'm also going to paint my fingernails grayscale with acrylic paint, which I'm actually doing right now as a test run. I also finished painting the cane in grayscale the other day. I'm so excited!!!!

I'll post some pictures after Halloween, when my costume is in its entirety.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby spaceman2028 » October 22nd, 2014, 11:17 am

Got any ideas i might be able to try? I don't have a lot of costumes to say the least, and i am open to idea suggestions.

(although to be fair i had way too many costumes up where i first discovered the interwebs)

If i had the stuff for it, i would probably dress myself up as the scout from TF2, but alas, sometimes you just can't get everything right these days. I got the idea of a cowboy recently though, so maybe that will work.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » October 22nd, 2014, 11:29 am

Looks excellent, Phyre! The face paint really sells it. :D

I need to get my act together quickly regarding costume ideas... otherwise I'll just just grab another can of white hairspray and go as Einstein again.

Spoiler!

P.S. I know it's beside the point, but the grey face paint really makes your red hair stand out (awesomely!), and that looks like a cool shirt. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » October 23rd, 2014, 6:31 am

AHHHHH! I love the Einstein costume!!! Qyz, maybe you should go as Doc Brown from Back to the Future, if you're into the crazy looking scientist thing! :D

I guess it's cool that my hair stands out, but for Halloween I'll be using spray stuff to turn my hair black. So, nothing will be standing out, hopefully! :lol:

Spaceman, what kinds of things are you interested in? I have a hard time thinking of good costumes sometimes. I was thinking about going as a red-haired character this year, but the thing for me is that I don't really care about most of the characters I find... there was only one that I found with short red hair. Are you interested in finding a character that you like, one that looks similar to you, or something else?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby spaceman2028 » October 23rd, 2014, 6:49 am

At this point i don't really care since i don't really have the supplies to do a lot these days. I'll just stick with the cowboy attire, i guess.

Regarding the red hair-if i could, i'd take one of those fiery clown masks and...well, i don't think i need to tell you, really. But for a hint at it, it's from a specific racing game series, specifically a toned down part of it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Kimi Kong » October 24th, 2014, 9:40 pm

I'm just simply doing this for Halloween.

Spoiler!
Pretty much Dixie dressed up as Diddy XD
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby spaceman2028 » October 25th, 2014, 9:11 am

So you're being diddy kong, Kimi? That gives me the idea to become diddy kong as well...

Qyzbud i got a hat in TF2 recently that reflects your costume... :lol:

Phyreburnz if you cannot paint ALL of yourself grayscale just stick with the outfit that makes you look like how you do in the first picture you took. You look just fine in that one!

Now onto business. Starting this sunday, five special nights will count down halloween!

Spoiler due to huge size.
Spoiler!
Hey kids! Guess who's coming back in the grand reopening through 2014-2015!

Check out the new trailer for more info.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 25th, 2014, 9:32 am

The best part is the song actually matches up really well with the GIF of Freddy...

Oh and speaking of which, the trailer for Five Nights at Freddy's 2 came out the other day! I'm so excited to see all the panicked game footage. :swanky:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » October 25th, 2014, 9:59 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:The best part is the song actually matches up really well with the GIF of Freddy.

I tried to put it next to that too,
To no avail, boo hoo.

Chibisai Kong wrote:Oh and speaking of which, the trailer for Five Nights at Freddy's 2 came out the other day! I'm so excited to see all the panicked game footage. :swanky:

I just told you almost all about that. (Chimisai kong)
But i'm not trying to become a gnat. (whatever those are)
I just wanted to show this great occasion
To help people know for their preparation!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » October 25th, 2014, 11:18 am

spaceman2028 wrote:it's from a specific racing game series, specifically a toned down part of it.

I have no idea what character or game you're talking about. I don't play racing games, actually.

Oh, and no need to worry about not having enough grey! I'll be 99% greyscale by the time my costume is complete... which means that the inside of my mouth and my eyes account for 1% of my body, I guess...

And by the way, I'm using a cake makeup that comes in a little container to which you add water. It doesn't weigh much, but you get a lot of makeup out of a tiny thing. It works really nicely, too, as it doesn't crack and you don't even feel the makeup, really. It's weird to say, but I'll say it anyway... it's very "natural" looking in that the way it covers your skin. I know... strange to say when you're making your face look grey :lol: but it's strangely true.

I can't wait for Halloween!!!!!! :D I'll be sure to share all of my pictures with you guys and I'm hoping that everybody else will do the same! I love to see what other people do for their costumes. It's always so fun!

Also... that bear thing is creepy as hell.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby spaceman2028 » October 25th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:I have no idea what character or game you're talking about. I don't play racing games, actually.

I'll give you one single hint then. The name of the series is a two word sentence that starts with T and ends with L. If your'e still confused i can give you another hint.

Phyreburnz wrote:Oh, and no need to worry about not having enough grey! I'll be 99% greyscale by the time my costume is complete... which means that the inside of my mouth and my eyes account for 1% of my body, I guess...

I was just mentioning what i said last time since i thought you looked perfect in the first photo with just the clothes on, but that's fine. in my opinion though, putting the grey paint on yourself makes ya look a lot like a mime...:gnawty-lol: no offense.

Phyreburnz wrote:Also... that bear thing is creepy as hell.

Spoiler!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » October 25th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Look... you can give me all the hints you want. I don't play racing games, at all. I don't even play Mario Kart.

There's a good reason that I'll be covering all of my visible skin with grey paint. Mimes use just white and it's only on their face... they also look more like B&W clowns. By the time I have everything together and on and all that good stuff, I will look like a B&W photo. Trust me ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby spaceman2028 » October 26th, 2014, 5:00 am

Phyreburnz wrote:Look... you can give me all the hints you want. I don't play racing games, at all.

Your'e missing out-some of these games can be incredible when given the chance. Just ask Gran Turismo!

Phyreburnz wrote:I don't even play Mario Kart.

Spoiler!
U WOT M8
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Gaz » October 28th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Let's see... a random thought... Oh, how about... "Chef don't judge" :P

This thought even comes with a video collection of "Chef don't judge". The official commercial (Chef Don't Judge.mp4) & the Big Time Rush one has Boyardee voiced by Chef from South Park (not), or Isaac Hayes, his voice actor. It has to be true, because it sounds like it. But what am I to say, I can't "judge". :P (especially since the commercial is from 2012 & Hayes passed away in 2008)

The collection is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?iia4pa8d9u1czmp

Jeepers. This was more than just a random thought. This was a REALLY random thought. I went crazy! Please let me know if I did any wrong in this post. Oh, and the Chef Don't Judge.mp4 commercial is no longer on YouTube...

By the way, another random thought in film:

Super Luigi!
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » October 28th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Why you thought I'd like this, Gaz,
Makes no sense for what this has!
Nevertheless, I appreciate it,
Seeing a commercial where Shaq don't quit!

As for me, I have one thought.
What do I have that the Kongs do not?
I must know soon, or else I'll rot.
And obviously, I can't be shot.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Blaziken257 » October 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm

I hate Nintendo of America nowadays. They refuse to release any Donkey Kong games on the Virtual Console here (at least the ones worth playing). Japan got all three DKL games earlier this year, and Europe got all DKC and DKL games this month... and meanwhile, North America gets NOTHING. What an insult. Are they racist? Isn't it bad enough that they refused to release Super Mario Bros. Deluxe here?

It's also a good example of why region lock is a very bad idea. There was a point in time where none of Nintendo's handhelds had region lock, and this was a good thing. I do have quite a few imported games, such as the Japanese version of DKL3 (and a bunch of Spanish Pokémon games among a few other things, but I'm about to get off-topic here). But ever since the DSi, Nintendo started adding region lock to their handhelds. It's one reason (but certainly not the only one) why I never got a DSi -- it was an absolute joke of a system if you ask me. And of course, the 3DS borrowed this flaw from the DSi, so we're stuck with problems like Virtual Console games not being released everywhere. And while I'm mentioning this, I do know at least one person who has a Japanese 3DS instead of a North American one due to region locking (she wanted to play Japanese-exclusive games).

Anyway, back to DKC and DKL. I hope Nintendo realizes their mistake and releases them here in North America soon. It's almost DKC's 20th anniversary, after all! If it doesn't come soon, someone should really start a campaign like Operation Rainfall to pressure Nintendo to release the games here. I'd do something like that myself if I knew what I was doing. But anyway, it really feels like Nintendo doesn't want our money, because I would pay for these games, even if I already have them. No wonder Nintendo keeps losing money every year now -- they never used to do that. Also, I heard the Wii versions of DKC and DKC2 removed that headache-inducing flashing effect in Torchlight Trouble and Glimmer's Galleon, so that's reason alone to get those games again, assuming the Wii U versions also have that change. (Really, I always made it a point to avoid turning around in those levels as much as possible, and if it was inevitable, I would close my eyes during the flash.)

Also, while I am not expecting it, I hope that there's an official English GBC version of DKL3 as an apology for making us wait for a ridiculously long time (just like this patch), but it's really unlikely it will happen, especially when Europe simply got the regular Game Boy version (which happens to be English v1.1).

Sorry if I sound stressed... I can't help it when Nintendo does really dumb things like this.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 31st, 2014, 3:23 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:Also... that bear thing is creepy as hell.

Phyre is not ready for Freddy. But then again, no one is ever ready for Freddy. Like Space pretty much said, he's even scarier in the upcoming sequel. And Bonnie... *shudders* My poor baby bunny... ;A;

So in other news, we got a Nintendo 64 and Banjo-Kazooie a few weeks ago and I absolutely love the game! It's very amazing and it actually gives me nostalgia for DK64. That sounds weird, I know, but it's the truth. ((Although I HAVE been told B-K came first. I'm not sure if that's true but if it is that's OK.)) I just finished completing Clanker's Cavern, and admittedly, I raged-quit quite a few time. It actually makes me sad that I never really heard of it until the last few years... :dixiehappy: :thumbs: :nicework:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » November 1st, 2014, 3:14 am

THIS IS HALLOWEEN
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
VERY SCARY
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
VERY SCARY

Edit: GAH! Phyreburnz that avatar of yours is so spooky!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Gaz » November 1st, 2014, 7:04 am

Nintendo of America prior to 2001... beautiful stuff. When Ken Lobb was the Development & Evaluation manager of Nintendo (and not Microsoft), that was a special place. He has that charm to him. He also was shown to care about the fans and quality video games back then, according to the Nintendo Power promotional videos. And yeah, Nintendo of America is slow. They take too long to release a darned title. But hey, at least Australia released DKLIII and DKC3 on the Virtual Consoles. Better they get some attention instead of none, right? :) And also Nintendo Japan, Nintendo Europe, and Nintendo Australia all at least have SOME remnants of their old sites. Nintendo America has NONE. Thanks to them, donkeykongcountry.com is (at risk of) extinct and not preserved. :x

Blaziken257
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Kimi Kong » November 1st, 2014, 1:09 pm

Happy Halloween, Kiddies~! :kiddywave: :kiddywin: :diddyrock: :dixiehappy:

I'm a horrible Diddy :dixiecry:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Phyreburnz » November 2nd, 2014, 2:54 am

Here is my Halloween costume all together!

And.... this is what I looked like after I took off the hat...
Spoiler!

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Gaz » November 2nd, 2014, 10:31 am

That clothing is so early 1900s, Phyreburnz. It looks excellent. :)
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes