The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Gaz » November 13th, 2013, 9:31 pm

I am indeed the strangest guy ever... I most certainly have a lot of quirks.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

I very much doubt that.

And being strange just for the sake of it isn't something to be proud of, I'm not saying you are - if course I'm not foolish enough to believe I have the god-like ability to correctly judge someone based upon virtually nothing, but do keep in mind that extremes in anything (opinions, actions, etc.) are usually negative. For example; Religious extremists are abhorrent, but so are outspoken atheists.

I wish this was something that someone had said to me, many years ago.
Just think about it. A smart person would.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Phyreburnz » November 14th, 2013, 3:32 am

You should really be careful of the things you say. Especially since there are outspoken atheists on this forum.... because I am one.

I can tell you that your perspective is totally different than mine. America has soooo much religion everywhere, even though we are not supposed to be a theocracy. I actually listen to atheist podcasts and Professor Richard Dawkins frequently. I try my best to fight for equality, because here, we are not equal. Christianity is favored. We've never had an atheist president. An open atheist would most likely not be able to get elected here, as atheists are the least trusted group of people. We are distrusted as much as rapists by most religious people.

The first time I ever actually said, "I'm an atheist," somebody said, "I'm sorry," in return. I have been discriminated against because of my atheism, and I fight against that. I even had a friend, a pretty good friend at that, groan when I said that I was an atheist. I can't even tell my own father that I'm an atheist because I don't want to disappoint him.

I really, really do not like talking about this where it does not belong. I do debate people on appropriate websites and at appropriate times. I am outspoken when it comes to the religious bias in my country and when it comes to discrimination.

I'm sorry, but I just had to give my perspective on this.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » November 14th, 2013, 4:48 am

You'll get no argument from me. After all, it's what you do that matters, not what you believe. :rant:

OK, so I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow. *o* So, if it's someone's birthday, please wish them well. If not for me, do it for the Atlas. :thumbs: Just in case you want to know, I'm visiting K. Rool's Keep (Actually, Hearst Castle) with all my Kong Kollege buddies (Smart Klassmates). This trip should most definitely be exciting! :dixiehappy: And Qyzbud, I won't be taking any pictures, but I'll be sure to inform the whole Atlas all about the adventure!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » November 14th, 2013, 8:34 am

I'm sorry to hear about that discrimination, Phyre... honestly, I admire people who are good to one another, and respectful of the world and our natural resources. Religion doesn't matter to me; I am atheist, but I try to understand and appreciate the views of religious people... it's not always easy. :lol:

I'm just glad that atheists (seem to) have the acceptance here in Australia that your nation is yet to offer.

SL, Hearst Castle looks amazing! I can't believe I've never been there in all my trips to California... what have I been doing with my life? :scratch:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby MrsQyzbud » November 14th, 2013, 1:28 pm

I do not think that you are an outspoken atheist, Phyreburnz, because your post here seems perfectly reasonable. I'm speaking about athiests (such as my father), who get extremely aggressive towards those with religion, even when aforementioned religious persons were not forcing their beliefs upon anyone. Athiest simply means: without religion. Yet some people feel it is their duty as an athiest - to attack those with religion in the same manner in which the thiests force their beliefs on others.

I do not have religion. I do not claim to be intelligent or all-knowing enough to know for certain what is correct when in comes to religion. Neither party has yet to provide me with proof either way. As someone who virtually never believes anything without academic or visual proof (thanks university -.-), I must view peer-reviewed documents (reviewed by legitimate persons), which contain re-tested, plausible, repeatable tests of the theory before I will believe something.
Back to topic; I really hate when people force their opinions on others, no matter what their opinion is.

I perhaps used incorrect language with my previous statement, maybe "overly-assertive & aggressive" would've been more appropriate. Also, there is a little difference in the understanding of word meanings and uses between AU and the US which may account for this misunderstanding, I have heard many refer to someone who is aggressive about their opinions as outspoken :)

Simply; those who force their opinion on others are abhorrent. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Super Luigi! » November 14th, 2013, 3:34 pm

I wonder if I can do the Castle Crush glitch in Hearst Castle...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » November 14th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Do try not to mess up that exquisite Neptune Pool, won't you?

Edit: Something I have to investigate...

http://newsday.co.tt/features/0,186491.html

Seventeen points separated the first and second placed bands at Pan Trinbago’s National Steelband Music Festival Pan Is Beautiful XII Single Pan Band Finals at NAPA, Port-of-Spain, on Sunday evening.

Arima-based Marsicans won the title with the highest score of 555 points for their execution of “Black Man Feelin’ to Party” and “Donkey Kong Country 2” to take home the $90,000 first prize and bragging rights. The band also amassed the top score (281) for their test piece. Led by Cindy Rosemin, the band was conducted by Marlon White with adaptations by Frank Alleyne and Marlon White.

A richly rewarded live DKC2 musical performance? Sounds rather intriguing!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » November 16th, 2013, 3:07 am

Indeed it does, but I can't seem to find any further information about the topic at hand! They must have played Donkey Kong Rescued for their ending DKC2 piece. After all, no other song contains the power necessary to wrap up an adventure such as Diddy's Kong Quest.

Spoiler!
OK so, the Hearst Castle trip was amazing, simply stunning to say the least. As I do on the DKC Atlas, I :dixiehappy: welcomed the three new people and explained what our class was all about. The Kastle also did remind me of K. Rool's Keep. Why? Well first off, to get there, we needed to pass the open sea, escape the warm and ash-ridden skies of my homeland, trough through a forgotten swamp, and stop at a posh visitors' center that had many prizes to be won. After learning about the history of Rool, errrr, Hearst, we began to climb a very tall hill and traveled through a dense forest that was full of fog, all the while listening to Alex Trebek (No joke, and I assume it was really Cranky Kong :rant: !) explain to us how the hillside forest came to look the way it did and what creatures made the gulch their home. It was very Windy. Well, yes it was. So after finally scaling the massive mountain and after trying not to swim in ice cold water or near Clapper's Cousins in their Cavern, we arrived at William R. Hearst's 16th Century Kastle (Which, by the way, is built on San Simion32 Hill!). After a lovely tour by the rather intimidating natives (This one guy looked like a Kruncha without the headband :angry: !), we began to explore the Keep. Instead of a Chain Link Chamber, we found stairs, flights and flights of stairs. Needless to say, Castle Crush was looking very good at this time. Most of us made it to Neptune's Pool, but the group I had been following had also explored the other, indoor Roman Pool. As the Krew explained to us, everything in the Tower that wasn't black or iron was Toxic, including that pool. After discussing many Random Thoughts, we then traveled further on to the Lost World of Cal Poly, just as it turned dark. There, our group leader's (Who, for the record, looks more like Wrinkly Kong than Phyreburnz does) niece lead us around the various stages. For example, over there was the Black Ice Building, while that building down there was where most of the Kollege's Karnage took place. Finally, we split up to eat. My group headed down to Metro City for an all-you-can't-eat buffet. I thought of Donkey Kong, Qyzbud, and the rest of the Atlas members as I scarfed down many food items. Sadly, there weren't any bananas, but I nevertheless attacked the dinner AND dessert with everything I had. Later, I used the Restaurant Restroom and discovered some baby-making items. (Hint: Many people relate them to bananas :banana: , which is gross.) I proceeded to tell the group, and they laughed at how unexpected it was. Later, when the girls needed to go, they found airplane stickers in their bathroom. As everyone was walking back to catch our Funky Flight, someone talked about cereal, and that caused me to remember a long-repressed memory about a guy who poured himself a box of cereal and didn't notice a, errr, something that rhymes with Klampon was in it until the milk he poured into the bowl turned blue! :facepalm: http://www.newser.com/story/100332/guy- ... ereal.html At that point, I busted up laughing, so much so, that my group laughed too and thought that I had too much to drink. Well, to wrap up this exuberant story, we hopped on our ride home to our school. Once I arrived home at 10:00 at night, I attempted to play DKC2 for half an hour to relive the experience, but alas I couldn't. So now, I'm back at Kong Kollege, checking the forums, finishing up my third platformer, and completing this story.

P.S. The Castle Crush glitch didn't work, as far as I know.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Blaziken257 » November 22nd, 2013, 2:11 am

Donkey Kong Country Returns is now three years old today! Or at least the North American Wii version is, which is the original release. I think I'll go back to playing it, since I haven't played it much in a year!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Gaz » November 22nd, 2013, 2:20 am

Donkey Kong Country is nineteen today, and the original DS is nine years old today! :D
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby ShaneM » November 27th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Okay, random thoughts...hmm. I am a very logical person and search for reason. This is tough. Okay, I got one.

In the 6502 processor, why can't I do transfers without relying on register A? So, if I wanted to do a transfer from X to Y. Instead of doing TXY, I would need to do TXA then TAY...Darn waste of a byte and mnemonic, if you ask me.
^
Bananas received 10

Postby Super Luigi! » November 28th, 2013, 3:47 am

Two Random, Serious Thought Questions
Does anyone know if Qyzbud grants wishes? If so, what are his prices?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » December 5th, 2013, 8:38 am

I feel bad that I haven't been logging on here much.... I have been lurking, though!

My semester is nearly over, so in like a week, I'll be able to get back into the swing of things... I still have some custom levels to design! :nicework:

Also, I have an awesome art project that I'm super excited about. I'll share the pictures in the non-dkc related artwork thread once it's complete. I've been welding! B/ I have a sculpture class and our final project was to create something out of 80 feet of steel (40 feet of 1/4 flat bar and 40 feet of pencil rod). I've never welded before and I really enjoyed it a ton! It should be done by the beginning of next week! I'm super excited! It's about 5 1/2 to 6 feet tall... and it's going in my mum's garden this summer. I'll explain more about what exactly it is in the picture thread later...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » December 6th, 2013, 6:18 am

You didn't weld some Nuts N' Bolts together with your Fire Ball Frenzy welding Torchlight Trouble to create a sculpture of yourself, did you? Because posting such a work of art on these forums would blind everyone with your beauty, leaving Qyzbud and Simion32 no choice but to ban you.

Stories are so fun.
Let me continue my run.
So I can be done.
~Haiku
Super Luigi!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby The Banana Bird » December 15th, 2013, 6:43 am

Hey guys! Don't know if you remember me, but just wanted to drop by to say hi to you guys! Been really busy with wrestling to even play donkey kong and I am reallllly into Pokemon now :lol: well happy holidays to you guys!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Super Luigi! » December 15th, 2013, 2:37 pm

^There goes a noble bird that left just as easily as it appeared. I shall miss it.

There must be a rule that forbids Atlasites from responding to each other in this topic, since practically nobody does so. Also, what expedition am I leading?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » December 16th, 2013, 12:48 pm

No, that'd be a terrible idea. Because I just responded to you in this topic.

Anywho, I'm a weirdo, so I'm proceeding to type all DKL2 & 3 exclusive level names with the "LevelName" font.

Spoiler!

Whoa, they look so weird like this.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » December 17th, 2013, 9:55 am

Nah, I love it! :D I just thought about posting my planned improved DKC2 GBA and DKC3 GBA mockup images, come to think of it. And to be honest, I've done weirder.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Geno » December 17th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Glad you like it!

And now, DKC1.

And DKL.

wow, you can save 'em as images too.

Spoiler!

(or )

(or )

So I guess that's it- oh look, Pacifica.

Spoiler!

And, wow, I've used this font the most so far.

Also, I have discovered what taping an SNES, Game Boy, and GBA together sounds like

I also made one for DKC's Title theme. It ain't perfect, unlike that DKC2 one I posted above, but it still sounds amazing.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » December 18th, 2013, 2:51 pm

I enjoyed both of your tapings and font usage. While I still don't know what expedition I'm leading (The Super Luigi! Expedition of Wonderment and Glory?) or even who you are, I must say you've done great work. I shall now go mindfully eat rubber mayonnaise with a fat genie.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Gaz » December 23rd, 2013, 12:53 pm

Spoiler!
Nintendo couldn't have been lazier with "hiding" the puzzle pieces, could they...?
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » December 23rd, 2013, 4:47 pm

They could have. At least the puzzle pieces here are partially hidden. Nintendo could have easily pasted all four side by side in the middle of the web page.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » December 26th, 2013, 1:47 am

Merry Christmas everyone!

I dodn't get any directly DKC related stuff this year (no DKC3 GBA :kiddysad: )

BUT, I did get this funky USB SNES Controller thing.

Currently playing DKC Boss Blitz with it. :swanky:
(I Wonder when it'll be updated....)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » December 26th, 2013, 3:29 am

I have a game controller, which I use for emulating for each emulator I have. Quite neat, it is.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Gaz » January 1st, 2014, 4:32 am

I don't know if this is just me, but I believe that we should create family-friendly HTML pages (with an HTML editor, such as KompoZer) of helpful web pages with explicit content (like DK Vine, for example). Of course, we should not focus on web pages that are utter junk. I do feel bad for the kids restricted to helpful sites online because an inappropriate keyword was filtered by a Website Blocker which their parents installed.

I think I might also download and modify some web pages to have correct information and grammar if they don't have one, the other, or both (watch out for scammers and malware online, though). I always feel that the internet should also reach out for younger people. In a sense I was inspired by Shane's topic regarding that we should help the poor people. :)

I don't want any hateful comments, for a self-explanatory reason. This is a belief of mine, and I don't know how you are to react with this idea.

Thanks for reading, guys. :D

ShaneM
Qyzbud
Simion32
Katastrophe Kong
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Simion32 » January 1st, 2014, 9:17 am

Most website blockers would have "games" and "discussion forums" options and we fit into both categories.

There's not much we can do towards that end, sadly. :(
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Geno » January 8th, 2014, 9:38 am

I got my copy of DKC3 GBA today!

It works really well!

And Kiddy's crying on GBA still melts my hearing! :kiddysad:

EDIT: I got to Pacifica, and I gotta say, the levels are A LOT neater than I thought they would be.

I have a sudden urge to re-create their terrain using parts from the SNES levels...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 10th, 2014, 10:14 am

Yeah, the GBA version of Donkey Kong Country 3 is BITCHIN'. Probably my favorite of the ports. And Pacifica is awesome. My 105% in-game time is either 2:32 or 2:33, I don't have my cartridge on hand at the moment. But yeah, good game. Great soundtrack too.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Geno » January 10th, 2014, 12:32 pm

When I was lurking around the Mario Wiki, I learnt that apparently, they tried to improve Ellie's and the toboggan's controls.

I HATE the new Ellie and toboggan controls! The whole DOWN+R thing to suck up water is annoying, and the toboggan's floaty jumps are weird and throw off ALL of my timing. :elliesuckface:
And the new method of defeating the Koin in Springin' Spiders is a pain.
And Bleak losing his laughter is dumb :bleak:

Although I gotta say, Story Seas looks pretty neat! Didn't think they'd actually make a whole now ANIMATED background for one level.

And I discovered that in the GBA DKC3, using Enguarde's Super Swoop to dash into a No Animal Sign causes the Kongs to continue the Super Swoop, which ususally leads to death.

Although, even with it's toboggans, and Ellies, and Kiddy screams, and no-speed-boost-with-rolls, it is a great port, of one of my favourite SNES games.
:thumbs: :nicework: :clap: Bravo Rare. Your last second last DK game/port was still fantastic, even after(?) being absorbed by Microsoft.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Crammalamma » January 11th, 2014, 7:42 am

Geno, you forgot Crosshair Cranky.
Spoiler!

Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 9

Postby ShaneM » January 11th, 2014, 7:58 am

Why doesn't space end? It is physically impossible for such a concept to occur. If space ended then even the end in theory would be space.
^
Bananas received 10

Postby Geno » January 13th, 2014, 12:42 pm

Welp, it only took a matter of time, but I got to World Image in Super Mario 3D World.

And let me tell you, boy is it hard! World Image - Image is the hardest thing since Animal Antics! Playing through it, losing life after life, reminded me of back when I was trying to beat Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels/For Super Players/"Real" SMB2.
Except now, it's 3D.
And instead of always picking Luigi, I always pick Rosalina instead.
And there aren't any Hammer Bros. over bottomless pits in SM3DW (World D-1 of SMB:TLL is the hardest first-two-screens-of-a-level I've ever conquered.)

And World Image - Image is difficult too.
Now I have that earwormy 10 second music track running through my head every so-often.

It's almost as if video games are hard again!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » January 14th, 2014, 5:22 am

Not to brag, but I've finished Super Mario 3D World 100%, meaning I now have five shining stars on my save file. And yes, the entire game was a challenge. Even the first level. Yeah.

In other news, I'm curently attempting to beat all of New Super Mario Bros U's challenges with a gold medal. Only two left!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

it is a sad day on DK Island

Postby Geno » January 20th, 2014, 11:03 pm

Welp, the worst possible thing happened.

So, I just recently finished my "DK Collection", with all versions of the original games, all 3 DKLs, DK64, DKR, and DKCR.

WELP, just the other day, I realized "what. My copy of the original DKC is fake" :facepalm: :dixiecry: :kiddysad: Image

Oops, forgot to say which one. Well, it wasn't the SNES version (that'd be too horrifying for words, plus it has been in my family's possession since 1994), and it wasn't the GBC version (I got it with the box, manual, even the Nintendo Power flyer).

Which leaves the GBA version. The only version of the original DKC that I didn't get with the box. :shakehead:
Turns out, I thought it was fake right before I bought it, but I gave it a second chance (the label looked a little off).

Of course, I doubt the place I got it at has 4-month long return fees, so I disposed of it.

This is the second fake GBA game I came across (first was Wario Land 4, which I happened to notice really quickly because the cart looked funny, and I returned it the next day).
I figure the reason why the DKC GBA games are copied by pirates so much, is because the original SNES ones had copy protection, while the GBA ones didn't, so I guess it was some sort of revenge thing.

Still, it is depressing that of all the games that could have been fakes, it HAD to be DKC.
It's also depressing when searching for "DKC3 GBA cart" on Google Images brings up more fake ones than real ones.

Oh well, gotta look for a replacement now. A REAL one this time.

heh, I was still able to finish the game and unlock Hero Mode before this though.

ANYWAY, less depressing content: It turns out that the buses in my city all use that Gil Sans font on the doors. You know, that font that's used for many decorative things in the first DKC?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » January 21st, 2014, 4:32 am

Simion32

Check out this Rare webpage I've edited (with images) from archive.org:

Spoiler!

The in-game screenshots are the ones that actually were hosted on Rare's sites in that day. I checked for the images and happened to go to a URL, which itself had the images, all with the same name as on Rare's defunct site. I just shrunk the DKC GBC logo to the resolution that the page set it to (image was not on archive.org). I assumed it was the same logo as on DKC GBC's main page.

A bit of a long explanation as to how this all works, but I just want to show everyone the power of reviving HTML pages. :)
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Phyreburnz » January 22nd, 2014, 1:21 am

I didn't know if anybody has posted this render anywhere on the atlas (and I don't feel like dissecting every thread :P ) but, I figured I'd put it here, in case anybody has already put it on the atlas. I don't think I've ever seen this one before.

Spoiler!

Also, geno, how do you know your DKC3 cart is a fake? Can you post pictures of real and fake ones. I'm curious to know how somebody could fake one and make it look convincing.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Geno » January 22nd, 2014, 12:25 pm

It was not DKC3, it was DKC1. I was just merely stating that many images I saw on the internet of DKC3 GBA carts were images of fake ones.
My DKC3 GBA cart is 100% real.

The reason why the fake DKC GBA was so convincing, was that it had the CORRECT label art, and everything, however one little thing on the inside gave it away.

I've already "eliminated" it, so I can't supply any pictures.

Although here are some details of the DKC GBA

-Low quality label image quality (made me 20% sure of fakeness)
-Non-shiny Nintendo Seal (although that sometimes does not give it away, sometimes the seal can lose it's shininess from age/usage) (made me 30% sure of fakeness)
-"Nintendo" text on the chip is in the wrong font (made me 100% sure of fakeness)
As you can see from my reactions, the Nintendo text on the chip is the dead giveaway. Although at one point, Nintendo DID change it to have the full logo on the chip, with the oval thing, probably to discourage pirates.

(I hope a new page shows up soon, with a different topic than this, I don't like talking about this kinda stuff. Makes me uneasy and queasy. :kiddysad: )
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Markster » January 23rd, 2014, 4:17 am

My computer is terrible... :kiddysad:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Simion32 » January 23rd, 2014, 5:40 am

You mean your GPU is terrible? :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Geno » January 25th, 2014, 1:52 pm

So, I was on TCRF's page for the DK64 kiosk demo, right?

And I read a section showing that the in-game DK Island pictures originally used the DKC version instead of the DK64 version used in the final picture.

Here it is.
However, I noticed something was off....

It's that version of the island that was used for DKC GBA's bonus intro background, with the factories in Vine Valley!

Although, something ELSE seemed off... UNLIKE the DKC GBA version, DK's house is missing, and there are NO buildings WHATSOEVER on DK's brow!
There's also a weird brown lump at the shore near where Kongo Jungle is located.

Hmmmm... :scratch:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Geno » January 26th, 2014, 8:27 am

double post whatever

I found a Game Genie code for DKC3 that is maximum glitchiness.
It is very unpredictable.
HOWEVER, one of the things it does is scrambles the text for level names, which sometimes creates humorous results.
The mixed up level names aren't always the same, with the exception of World names, Brothers Bear locations, Banana Bird caves, and the 3 different Kong areas.
Here are some of my favourites.
For Swanky's Sideshow: :swanky:
Spoiler!
:rant:

For Bazaar's General Store:
Spoiler!

For Smuggler's Cove:
Spoiler!

For Tearaway Toboggan:
Spoiler!

And I saved the best for last.
Low G Labyrinth becomes...
Spoiler!

or :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, the code is (PAR format) 7E0021AF
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » January 26th, 2014, 4:23 pm

You've obviously found a secret easter egg left behind by Rareware themselves. Why else would the alternate level names seem so fitting, yet inappropriate?

I just might own Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for about $10, and that's all I have to say about that.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » January 26th, 2014, 10:54 pm

I've got to try that code, it looks funny.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Geno » January 27th, 2014, 1:05 am

Another thing that code does, is mess up the levels.

Many of them have misplaced terrain, or missing chunks of land!

Here are some examples
Spoiler!

Interestingly, Tidal Trouble seems to be the only stage that is beatable with this code on, due to a well-placed Arrow Barrel. (The underwater sages are beatable too, but nothing noteworthy happens to them, with the exception of Bazza's Blockade)
Spoiler!

By the way, one of the alternate names for Barrel Drop Bounce, was .
It's almost as if the game was mocking my inability to clear that level without much frustration. :kiddysad:

By the way Markster, this code freezes a lot, like when in Kong places, Brothers Bear houses, while hovering over a few select Caves or Krematoa on the map, and it occasionally crashes while over a level.
So you may find yourself turning on and off this code quite frequently.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Geno » January 31st, 2014, 1:45 pm

double post whatever

People didn't really seem to care about that last one anyway.

One day, a while ago, I started to re-create the Northern Kremisphere in Minecraft.
I was going for the scale of the player in Minecraft is at the same scale of the Kongs appearance in the SUBMAPS (so the main world map is about 4 times larger, and Lake Orangatanga is 1.5 times larger)

I started with Mekanos, and.... well, didn't get very much further than that (although I ALSO made Funky's Rentals)

Spoiler!
Yes, that pipe next to KAOS Karnage DOES take you to the pipe next to Fire-Ball Frenzy, just like in the actual game.

What with some of the new decoration blocks that they've added after I stopped working on this, I think I will continue maybe...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » February 7th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Image I found this odd advert online today. Note "David Wise".
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » February 8th, 2014, 4:19 am

Does anyone have a Barrel Cannon? :funky: Perhaps David Wise has his own credit cards now? Hmmm...

I shall not be afraid anymore. Today, I will publish my life's work!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » February 23rd, 2014, 6:07 pm

I have a wonderfully terrible idea for a fake screenshot... eventually, I will have time to make it... just not quite yet. I don't want to reveal the idea until I finish and release my fake screenshot into the wild.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes