The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Jomingo » September 2nd, 2010, 6:41 am

I'm sorry if it came off as I was overreacting. But before the discussion ends, I have to tell you we are not "Unitedstatians". I don't care what some parts of the world call us, we are Americans. Sure, there are other countries that are part of the Americas, but we actually have America in our name, and it is the only name that anyone in this country goes by. If I ever call you something incorrect I'd like you to correct me too, so just know that no one here would ever call themselves a Unitedstatian, that's something that Latin American countries must've come up with.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » September 10th, 2010, 7:03 am

Feelings of euphoria and weightlessness are normal. Do not be alarmed. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Scraps69 » September 10th, 2010, 10:14 am

Heh, I wonder what recreational drug you're referring to... reminds me of Kill Bill vol. 2:

Bill: What lies within that dart, just begging to course its way through your veins, is a potent and quite infallible truth serum. I call it "The Undisputed Truth." Twice as strong as sodium penethol, with none of the druggie after-effect. Oh, except for a slight wave of euphoria. Can you feel it?
The Bride: Euphoria?
Bill: Yeah.
The Bride: No.
Bill: Too bad.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » September 10th, 2010, 11:08 am

Actually those are the words of Google, about their new "Google Instant" feature. It pops up when you type and then stop. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DK4Ever » September 14th, 2010, 5:58 am

Well I don't know how much of a random thought this is, since it's been a major part of my thinking for a long while now, but I'll put it here anyway.

Spoiler!
Good news, my friends! I've fallen in love!

Over the past weeks, my thoughts were heavy with a whole lotta stuff, such as how to let her know how I feel about her, without scaring her. She's had alot of trouble with guys in relationships lately and wasn't/isn't truly open to the idea, but recently I told her one night how I felt about her, saying that I know she's not comfortable with the idea of a relationship right now, and that I'm here to be her friend, but that maybe one day, I'd like to be something more.

Well,it went alright, some details I don't need to be posting here (Nothing like that...) but she wasn't really feeling the same towards me at the time, since, again, she's been hurt very badly, and I'm sure she doesn't want to share her soul with someone again only to be hurt in the way she was.

Hmm...it's more difficult to discuss this here than I thought it would be, not because of you guys, just because, well, it's very personal, but I will say this..

I wasn't sure before if I could say I loved her confidently, because I felt like it was jumping the gun, but now I've realized I couldn't feel anything but love for her; everything about her, it just..she..yeah.. ♥
Treasure Hunter

Postby Scraps69 » September 14th, 2010, 9:50 am

Yeah those types of relationships take time to flourish - if you feel strongly about it then stick to it. Prepare to be jealous lots and even hurt as she may run off to smell the roses and then get burnt. After a few times or even now, she will want someone that won't hurt her and appreciates that you do love her. I've seen circumstances like these work out like this many times.

How is your communication? I mean, you've let out that you like/love her so can you talk about anything else with her?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » September 14th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Spoiler!
Well, we've both recently come to understand...I suppose we can call it magic? It's not so much straight up magic as it is science-magic (Manipulation of electro-magnetic fields to a point. It turns out, our elements are opposites, but in the past few days, we've really grown much closer together through this sort of thing. (One of my housemates who is very proficient in it, to the point where he can physically manifest lightning (Yeah, sounds RIDICULOUS I know. Think how I felt a few nights ago....those of you that have known me a while should understand how secularly and logically minded I am. Anything seemingly supernatural was something I rejected.

Until now.

Either way, we've really been getting into it, (As it turns out, her natural elements and mine are opposites. (I'm Earth/Water and she's Air/Fire, it's actually pretty funny, but we've grown much closer together through it, and that's how I came to terms with the fact that I love her and can say it with no second thoughts. My heart/mind whatever else tells me it's going to work, and my housemate who understands people better than anyone I've known (The one teaching us) is helping us all he can.

Actually, tonight, I felt even happier (Until I tried to manifest negative energy, if any of you guys have an idea what this is or are curious...I'll tell you) but even after that, she helped me recover from it, and even outside of this, we've just...yeah..

Cheers guys! (Happiness)
Treasure Hunter

Postby Simion32 » September 15th, 2010, 8:13 am

Spoiler!
DK4Ever... My god. Finally someone that I can relate to!

I used to be quite "ego minded" as a kid (as that was all I was taught back then), but I eventually got interested in psychic ability (it started with Dragonball Z) and I loooked that up on the web for a while, which led me to looking up the fake 2012 doom-and-gloom stuff, which eventually led to me finding Divine Cosmos. Long story short, I've become a very peaceful and loving person since then. I've lost any desire for money or 'things', and I always want to help people (if it doesn't freak them out of course).

I've been aware for quite some time that magic and spiritual things are definitely real. The ascension is now HAPPENING.

As a computer programmer, which is (other than DKC and games) the only thing I'd ever gotten into, I have a very logical thought process. And yet, my conclusion is that today's scientists have their heads in the sand. We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around.

Also, one key point I should mention. If you don't believe in paranormal things, they will not happen to you. As paranormal activities partial rely on you believing it is possible, those who say it's not real will never experience it. You will only see what you wish to see.

To DK4Ever: I am very curious, please do tell...

But, please don't manifest negative energy - this planet needs more LOVE. We don't need greed, chaos, and negative emotions anymore.
"Let the love intoxicate you, let it take you. Hehehe!" - Unknown
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » September 15th, 2010, 9:21 am

Spoiler!
OK, I'm not going to pretend I know about magic and elements, but I have something relevant to the topic of love. I'm fairly certain I love my Spanish teacher from last year. The details beyond that are more personal than I care to post on the internet, but it feels good to put my feelings in writing (albeit very vaguely). She's.... incredible. I will say no more.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Scraps69 » September 15th, 2010, 9:49 am

Spoiler!
Oh my. You know about all that ascension stuff eh? My mum has been telling me all about 2012 and how there will be an ascension on earth particularly for those individuals that have a more spiritually based foundation. She also actively searches for spiritual individuals that do have a powerful ability to see the past and the future without relying on cards. Actually a magnetic shift is more likely now due to a storm on the sun that may change the magnetic field on earth - and it's predicted to occur at 2012.

My sister works in brazil as a medium spiritual healer where spirits possess her body and they do healing work through her body (on a physical and spiritual level as sometimes an illness can occur due to a clogged soul). Her main master guru leader guy has been able to heal people from incurable diseases. He has taken bloody cancer out of people - it's nuts.

I'm pretty logical and I grew up and kept trying to stay away from all this. But I'm surrounded by all this spiritual stuff and I can't really deny it. I've studied tarot, and star signs (and relevant to DK4ever - the elements, chinese tarot, and other). And understand that the supernatural does in fact exist and thrive. Also it helped me not to fear death, not to rush, not to get too caught caught up in my affairs.

Yeah, and it does make you become a pretty chilled out dude. I'm not worried about too much anymore and follow the mantra 'whatever happens, happens'.

Yeah, I find it very interesting about you two being opposite elements but these things happen all the time. There are stabilising forces in you compared to her more outgoing nature. And her fire livens you up a little bit more from what i understand at the very basic principle.

Though do tell about the manfiestation of negative energy and light!

EDIT: On a different note, I'm also pursuing someone atm though it's still a bit in the works. She's forbidden me to say anything more heh.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » September 15th, 2010, 10:57 am

Spoiler!
Scraps69 wrote:Oh my. You know about all that ascension stuff eh? My mum has been telling me all about 2012 and how there will be an ascension on earth particularly for those individuals that have a more spiritually based foundation.
Yes, I'm now aware of much of what's going to happen. You should really check out http:\\www.divinecosmos.com; the research David Wilcock is doing is simply amazing.

Scraps69 wrote:...spiritual individuals that do have a powerful ability to see the past and the future...
I dunno about powerful, but I've been developing a very keen sense of Deja-Vu for almost any given thing that happens to me on a daily basis, occasionally this will trigger an "AH -HA!"moment in which I become aware of what is about to happen. At this time I have a very vague memory of the day that I got home from speech class, sat down, and began playing DKCR. My, the air of that day was quite epic indeed. You see, I remember this stuff as if it has already happened -- just like anyone would remember the past, except that "hey I've done this before" like it was a movie (and this existence is actually somewhat similar to a movie in many ways).

Scraps69 wrote:Actually a magnetic shift is more likely now due to a storm on the sun that may change the magnetic field on earth - and it's predicted to occur at 2012.
Actually, David Wilcock covers that the field that's actually the source of the change is something some Russian Scientists called the "Torsion Field". This field is the life force that everything is based off of. It is also responsible for gravity and levity (yes, it does go both ways).

As for the healing... loving thoughts and emotions are healthy for you, and bad/negative emotions cause dis-eases and things like cancer, AIDS, etc. This is what "Big Brother" doesn't want the remaining sheeple to figure out. But, everyone is becoming aware of this, and their plans are falling apart. Once enough people are aware and start loving each other, then Big Brother won't be able to feed off of the fear anymore. That... is already happening.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » September 15th, 2010, 12:26 pm

Are you using Big Brother as an expression for "the establishment", or do you really think there is a Big Brother? 'Cus I'm fairly certain that crap's fictional.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait for 2012, just so I can find out if you guys are all geniuses way ahead of your time, or just straight up nuts. 'Sgonna be a good year.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » September 15th, 2010, 12:36 pm

Jomingo wrote:Are you using Big Brother as an expression for "the establishment", or do you really think there is a Big Brother? 'Cus I'm fairly certain that crap's fictional.
The former, not the latter. It's as an expression for "the establishment". :lol:

Jomingo wrote:I can't wait for 2012, just so I can find out if you guys are all geniuses way ahead of your time, or just straight up nuts.
Yes... we shall see. Not that it makes me any more worried about anything.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DK4Ever » September 15th, 2010, 4:54 pm

Spoiler!
Ok, well, it's also become apparent to us lately that the thing between us is something she's unable to let go of from long ago; she's trying to keep her heart closed, and is trying to ignore my affections, but we seem to be gravitating toward each other. (We both worry about each other, (she worries about me when I hurt myself doing stupid things, I worry about her being troubled (losing her keys, missing class when she doesn't mean to). My friends who observe us are noticing us moving closer together, and I feel like eventually I just need to tell her how I feel, and I think she might say yes. (Still, this requires me being me, and loving her the way I do, by..well, I've explained that.). (The situation still weighing on her heart is something along the lines of her loving someone who didn't love her back, but never being able to let go.)

As far as Negative Energy... well, the elements of "nature" are (Think moving from North to Northwest clockwise on a compass)

Light, Water, Air, Negative, Dark, Fire, Earth, Positive

There's also Love, but that's slightly different.

Dark can be dangerous, Negative IS dangerous. It's caused by hatred or sorrow, and I remembered..something that happened two years ago. Saddest moment of my life. Negative energy causes physical pain, or at least it did to me. (Chest pain, leg pain, numbness, and shivering. I went outside and sort of drew from the Earth to bring myself back together, but that didn't really help with this. She pulled me aside and passed me a breeze, which helped it quite a lot. All in all, a very dangerous situation, best not to channel it.

Water, Air, Fire and Earth are the most common and people are usually attuned to one of them. You really have to know how they feel to use them. (Can you describe the feeling of Light? Really?) Darkness was something I had to be shown. Negative energy came along as that thought popped into my head when I was trying to channel Dark.

It's such interesting stuff, but requires caution.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Scraps69 » September 15th, 2010, 11:42 pm

sounds very much like Wicca.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » September 16th, 2010, 3:14 am

It's very similar, actually. It's actually amazing the similarities you notice from even popular fantasy related to it, like Dragonball Z and Harry Potter. (There's a concept of beings called shades that function very similarly to Dementors), and Energy seems to work in a similar way (although to a much smaller scale in most cases) than it does in Dragonball Z.

There's quite a few others as well. Practitioners of Wicca understand similar forces, but they would be none-too-happy with me channeling Dark or negative energy. (I don't blame them)
Treasure Hunter

Postby Scraps69 » September 16th, 2010, 9:03 am

hehe. Yep. As they say in Wicca, 'What comes around goes around 3 times as worse'.

And black magic (and presumably energy) can really screw you over. Gray magic can have the same effect. For example, 'you cast a spell for a million dollars' and then your father dies and you inherit a million dollars.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » September 16th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Spoiler!
The 4 standard elemental magics don't have such negative effects;

Light and Dark can; I know a guy who spent a month learning how to cast Light and that's ALL he can do now, which isn't all that useful.

Dark...I sort of explained. Dangerous, but yeah.

Negative can cause physical harm, and is also the equivalent of cursing someone in certain cases

Positive....It's all good, just good feelings.

Love; it's mostly positive, but it can be used to manipulate emotions as well.

I also encountered a Greater Shade (several of them in fact). Scared the hell out of me, because of what I thought I might see. (My worst fear actually involves my certain lady friend. I...yeah...if it came full force into my face, I don't know how I would handle that.)
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 19th, 2010, 7:11 am

So, I know this seems random and I'm butting in on a completely unrelated conversation, but- I actually miss having Donkey Kong Jr. in games, as a character. I... like him. That doesn't mean I'm evil, it doesn't mean I hate DKC, I don't see why we can't have him around as long as DKC's at the forefront of things. The one bad thing about Rare taking over Donkey Kong is that the arcade legacy is now relegated to dodgy touch screen games. An updated version of Donkey Kong '94 could really do well, I think.

EDIT: f---, this forum is dead.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » October 13th, 2010, 1:20 pm

The Chilean Miners in Copiapó are being rescued ♥
Let's hope everything goes all right.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Blaziken257 » October 15th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Yeah... I heard about them being trapped a while ago, but I don't remember where I heard about that. It's sad that they were trapped in there for months -- how were they able to eat or drink anything?! I hate to imagine anybody in that type of situation... but at least they're getting rescued. I read about this on Wikipedia and apparently there were other disasters there in the past, but nothing was done about that... yeah, I didn't read much, because if I read too much depressing stuff it kind of stresses me out.

Wait, you already know that... but nobody else here does, so I'm just getting that out there.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Phyreburnz » October 21st, 2010, 9:09 am

Well since this is a random thought topic...
Somebody decided to be a jackass and try to hack my facebook. Fun, fun, fun.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Simion32 » October 21st, 2010, 1:56 pm

Simion32_DKC_InkPencilEnhanced.png
Random drawing of mine combined with in-game background.
Simion32_DKC_InkPencilEnhanced.png (78.53 KiB) Viewed 101135 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Gnawzooka » October 23rd, 2010, 3:14 pm

So animated GIFS are pretty cool right?
Spent hours on this...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Phyreburnz » October 24th, 2010, 4:06 am

Dude, that's flippin' awesome! I would have killed myself halfway through trying to animate that crap! Congrats!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 24th, 2010, 8:44 am

So uh, I'm probably gonna stop posting here for awhile, possibly forever. I'm just sick of this crap with the new game, and it's always gotta turn into a huge bitchwar whenever I have an opinion that's different from everyone else's. Plus this place just ain't the DKU.

...Tell Qyz I said bye.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » October 25th, 2010, 4:21 am

Just be sure to check in every now and then for progress on DKCLB. As if that's going to disappoint us or cause b...*bleep*...ch wars. ;)

Yeah, it's taking ages to finish, but you have no idea just how close I am to having NitroGUI done - literally all that's left is; the ability to popup dialogs from the code-behind, the save/open dialog stuff, and toolpanels (which should be extremely easy to implement). It's really getting me motivated. Save for a few missing odds and ends (and confusing bugs, which I just so happen to be dealing with ATM), that's all there is the DKCRE absolutely needs. And DELTA will follow suit quickly, because it needs even less.

EDIT: Apologies in advance if it seems like I'm boasting, heh.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DK4Ever » October 27th, 2010, 3:55 am

Hey hey, guys!

Spoiler!
Well, as you know, or might not, if some of you folks are new, the past month and a half have been absolutely crazy-diculous for me.

To sum it all up, I've changed a great deal. I've found an amazing group of friends, a wonderful girl I've fallen in love with and connected with on a deeply emotional level (We're still not together, but the situation has progressed in immensely positive ways) I've lost some friends (Not fully, but I may as well have) and also gained an appreciation for the positives and negatives of everyone around me and myself. And my practice in energy work, and her's, and my other friends, has helped us in ways I'd never thought it would, given my original understanding of it.

Although it's kind of depressing knowing my source of my natural energy, which is now Dark, is based of the fact that I live life full of uncertainties and approach situations in that way.

Yeah, but as far as my relationship situation and everything else, it's going well, and both of us have managed to work through our own things as time's gone on. At this point, it's a matter of trust that keeps us from getting much closer together; she's still uncomfortable confiding in me, or making physical contact. She's been hurt by people in relationships before that either didn't really care about her, understand her, or were only interested in her because she's attractive. (Which, given her fiery personality and strong will, and her view that gender doesn't matter, which I agree with) makes her extremely angry and uncomfortable.

As far as trust goes with us, it's more a matter of her being able to trust herself, and her being able to trust me to keep my cool. Because, well, I love her and understand her with all my heart, and if my brain/heart/whatever hears anyone even vaguely insulting her or her sensibilities, especially based even jokingly on gender, instantly I'm enraged. She can control it, and I've explained it to her and she's done that. (A word out of her such as "It's OK" calms me down) She shouldn't need to be responsible for that though, and I think what I've got to do is show her I have self control in that department, to show that she can trust me to keep my cool and let her handle herself. (Although she does the same thing if I'm threatened in any way too, but still)

Anyway that's what's up with my life right now. Oh and school's going alright.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Phyreburnz » October 27th, 2010, 1:35 pm

The good news is I just got a Tripping Daisy cd and an Alice in Chains cd! The bad news is... don't buy jewel cases in bulk...
Spoiler!
f--- jewel cases! I bought a 50 pack of them, and EVERY SINGLE ONE IS BROKEN! The little tab things that hold the front to the back (the little hinge-e things) are broken off! It pisses me off every time I burn a new cd... which really sucks, cause I just got two new ones that need burned.... it takes all the excitement out of buying a new cd... :(

And don't tell me to take it back, I bought them a while ago and I didn't think that kmart would be cool and let me return them... even if I did, I'm pretty sure the other ones would have broken jewel cases too...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Gnawzooka » October 29th, 2010, 9:15 pm

HELL effing YES
DAVID WISE ACCEPTED MY FRIEND REQUEST ON FACEBOOK
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 30th, 2010, 7:27 am

He accepted mine too! And a lot of others by the looks of it... hm. Does Grant Kirkhope have a Facebook? I mean, God bless David, but Grant's just alright.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » October 30th, 2010, 8:11 am

Yeah it seems he spent a long time deciding whether he was going to accept requests from fans or not. I sent him the request ages ago and I thought he must just be trying to keep it personal ie between him and his friends/family, which is understandable.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Swing King » October 30th, 2010, 11:33 am

What's really random is how I've returned to DKC Atlas.

Some of you may remember me, some may not. I use to frequent this place, but I sorta stopped. Naturally, DKCReturns brought me back.

Anyway, good to see you're all still around! And hello to all new (at least to me) users! Don't worry, I don't bite...

...much.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » October 30th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Random: I gave blood today.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » November 3rd, 2010, 1:19 pm

Whoa... no Happy Halloween posts? =O

Well, since it is November 2nd I guess I will post about the Día de muertos =P
Blah, blah... yeah read the article!

Anyway, there's something which wasn't spoken about in it which are the Calaveras or Calaveras literarias (literally, Literary Skulls). They're made up poems written some days before the Day of the Dead about people, a group of people, etc.; they talk about how somebody supposedly died or almost died in a comical way (they aren't aimed towards dead people). Before anyone asks, no they're not irrespectful.
I wrote one for the DKC-Atlas members (so yeah, not aimed towards anybody). I wrote it while I was sick last week, unfortunately it is in Spanish so you either know some of it, use Google or just enjoy the rhyming =P
Spoiler!
Estaban los miembros del foro
Leyendo noticias del juego
De pronto un screamer salió
Y les dio en todo su ego

Los Kremlings no tendrán lugar
En ese tal juego que buscan
Y dense por vencidos ya
Yo sé que a Retro lo juzgan

La calaca en el monitor
¡O por Dios! ¡La calaca llegó!
Cada uno de ellos gritó

¡Ya Kremlings nosotros queremos!
¡Cállense o a todos me llevo!
¡O no!, ¿¡qué nos va a suceder!?
¡Ya pronto lo van a saber!

How about some Pan de Muerto* now!?

*No, it is not made of dead people, it is made for dead people.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 3rd, 2010, 2:35 pm

Eh, I'm pretty anti-Halloween. I could get all religious and throw a bunch of different websites and links at everyone, but basically, it's just... not right. It celebrates fear and evil things, and I'm just not "down" with it. Yo. (I did dress up as a kid, but I was less enlightened then.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » November 3rd, 2010, 2:48 pm

I celebrated Samhain; essentially a celebration of the end of the summer harvest and new beginnings (May as well consider it Pagan new year) with a bunch of my friends and acquaintances.

The whole idea about Halloween, nay, just spirits being inherently evil bothers me a bit, but it's all good. People will think what they want.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Blaziken257 » November 3rd, 2010, 3:03 pm

Yeah... nobody in my family was into the Halloween spirit at all this year, we didn't celebrate it at all... I used to like it more when I was younger, but I don't really enjoy it much anymore. I don't know why.

Anyway, Kiddy14, how did I know that you were going to mention El Día de los Muertos here? XD I read those articles you linked to, and they were interesting. (Although I remember learning about most of this when I used to learn Spanish in school... hehe.) Mexico sure views death completely different from we people do here in the U.S., that's for sure. Like building altars, making food, and having skulls for dead people every year. It's funny how cultures can be so different from each other. Most of us in the U.S. view death as sad (I know I do), so... yeah.

Although I didn't know that people write poems for deceased ones. Much less make jokes about them. (If people did that here then that would be considered disrespectful...) I learn something new every day... Anyway, I read that poem of yours once, although I have to read it a few times to fully understand it XD (Yeah, my Spanish isn't the best, my vocabulary in particular is pretty bad, not to mention idiomatic expressions...) But I don't really feel bad about the lack of Kremlings...

Also, the bread! It looks fairly delicious, but it's for... the deceased? O_o

Anyway, thanks for sharing this, it was sure interesting to read :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Phyreburnz » November 3rd, 2010, 10:53 pm

It's funny that you should say that, Tiptup.
Did you know that Christmas was actually derived from a pegan holiday?
http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm
There's other sites, too, but I have a test in several minutes and don't have more time to look them up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Jomingo » November 4th, 2010, 5:54 am

Yeah, well Christianity is just a cult anyway.... Whoops, did I go there? Probably don't want to argue about that....

As for Halloween, who cares what it represents? People don't dress up and get candy because they want to celebrate the devil or evil spirits. That's nobody's intention at all and it is absolutely not the point. Besides, Christmas is just as pointless. Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, so why should we celebrate that holiday? Who cares about the religious interpretation of any holiday? It's all just for fun and corporate scams anyway.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » November 4th, 2010, 11:21 am

Blaziken257 wrote:Although I didn't know that people write poems for deceased ones. Much less make jokes about them. (If people did that here then that would be considered disrespectful...)

Oh no no, you got it wrong.
Kiddy14 wrote:[...](they aren't aimed towards dead people).

They're purpose is the exact opposite, to make fun of the living =P
We eat the pan de muerto the next day.

HavocReaper48 wrote:Well, the Donkey Kong Wikia seceded from Wikia today[...]

I can't open the new domain, I could only get it to work yesterday and only opened the Main Page =/
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Blaziken257 » November 4th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Jomingo wrote:Are you guys joining the NIWA? That would be a really great idea, don't let them tell you it overlaps the Mario Wiki because it is a fullsized wiki on it's own.

Yeah, I agree, that would be a good idea... NIWA keeps growing! Also, while Super Mario Wiki has a lot of information about Donkey Kong, I always had the impression that it was mainly about Mario, although about 95% of my edits there are about DK... XD well, except for some very recent ones.

Kiddy14 wrote:They're purpose is the exact opposite, to make fun of the living =P

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. After all, we people here in the US don't celebrate this holiday, so please forgive me for not understanding.

Oh, and how does pan de muerto work? It is meant for dead spirits to "eat"? Sorry if this sounds really weird...

Kiddy14 wrote:I can't open the new domain, I could only get it to work yesterday and only opened the Main Page =/

It works for me. I even joined yesterday (yeah, you can tell that I love editing wikis, right?) but I haven't edited anything yet. I just looked at various articles about stuff from the DKL series (yeah, what did you expect?). And someone who posted in my talk page recognized me because he asked me if I go to this forum XD

Also, I noticed that a lot of articles are copied from Super Mario Wiki (I even recognize stuff that I originally wrote at SMW), but I guess that's OK, assuming they have the same license (Creative Commons or whatever it is).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Phyreburnz » November 5th, 2010, 9:02 am

I think I'm allergic to pears... They make my tongue itch and my mouth feel hot... Why am I still going to finish the rest of it?

I know it's even random for the random thought topic...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Kiddy14 » November 9th, 2010, 6:08 am

Kiddy14 wrote:They're purpose is the exact opposite, to make fun of the living =P

*Their. Gosh, I'm not even native but I'm making the same errors xD

In other news I realized I had blood-type A+ instead of O+ a few days ago O.o
Je suis content.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby HavocReaper48 » November 9th, 2010, 7:17 am

Random: I can do a really good impression of the guy that says, "GOLDFISH!" at the end of the Goldfish commercials. And my friends love it :lol: oh boy is that RANDOM.... on a side note, my voice cracks when I try to do the "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIE CRISP" thing :|
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Rodent » November 14th, 2010, 4:48 pm

I should really clean up the kitchen soon... Had a weekend at home alone, did nothing but drink. I'm on a spiral descent of self destruction.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby HavocReaper48 » November 16th, 2010, 7:21 am

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/365395/november-11-2010/stephen-trademarks-dated-catchphrases

I just saw that parody of Nintendo's trademarking "It's on like Donkey Kong!", and it's pretty funny.

Oh well. How about, "It's on like D.K." ?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » December 3rd, 2010, 1:49 pm

Ok, while watching a christmas special with my mum, I thought of something terrible/funny.

Santa Kong.

He's making a list
and checking it twice.
He's going to find out who's Gnawty and Gnice
Santa Kong Is Comin' To Town.

Yeah... I hate myself now.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 8th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:
Kiddy14 wrote:Who's Sam and why is he never at his club?

Who's Wal(ter) and why is he never at his mart? :P

They were created by the same guy.

Here's mine:

Tacos.
OH MY GOD WATCH OUT FOR THAT HORSE DON'T FALL OFF THE WAGON WHERE'S THE HOT COCOA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT SPILLED ON ME!!!!!!!!!!! (that was actually a facebook status update)
Baby I like it!
My ppuppy is my MySpace image.
I only use MySpace for, what? My music list?
I just totally friend requested Qyzbud on facebook. (I really did)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 8th, 2010, 1:09 pm

OH MY GOD NOT THE LASAGNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...................................................................
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes