The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Super Luigi! » April 29th, 2023, 12:35 pm

I watched that video and then saw that you burned Belcha in the upcoming preview, rainbowsprinklez. Nice job.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 29th, 2023, 2:03 pm

What do you mean, Super Luigi? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 30th, 2023, 7:36 am

At the end of rainbowsprinklez's video, I saw the thumbnail of another one of his videos, which showed a hack with a very dark brown Belcha.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 30th, 2023, 3:12 pm

Ah! now i know what you're talking about! i see that kiddy took crankys advice! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 30th, 2023, 3:28 pm

i have something to say about jeopardy being rigged under michael davies. few people realize this. more later. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 1st, 2023, 5:33 am

I may have heard about that story, but as we know from Swanky, all game shows are rigged. Also, I may write about the mermaid from DK64 later.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 1st, 2023, 5:54 am

You may be talking about Mike Richards. Who was fired from executive producer. Michael Davies replaced him. The clues have gotten substantially easier, far more pop culture content, and they’ve rigged it for Any Schneider. Very lenient answers, etcetera. Even the matchups in the Tournament of Champions were rigged. Also, the day that Matt Amodio, 38 day champ lost, was on his first day. Now, the executive producer influences the clues. And the clue writers have been trying to make the change for years. But Alex Trebek was keeping it high quality, and then after he died Mike Richards. I think, even if it is a scandal, you should keep a high quality executive producer if the game will go downhill like this afterwards. Now, I am a massive jeopardy fan, but I don’t watch it anymore. But a new tournament called the masters is coming up and I’m certain, even though the best players in jeopardy will participate, Amy Schneider will win. But her statistics and all of the math I’ve done over the years should not correlate with the performance she’s gotten. And like I said before, they don’t correct her answers if they are close enough. Or even not close at all. They accepted tailspin in stead of nosedive as referring to the stock market once. Usually there’s one of these cases an episode. Once again, I love jeopardy, and Alex was the best host of all time, and i am very good at the game show, but I have stopped watching except for major tournaments. And considering the clues have gotten easier, what has also changed? We have had more 10+ day champs in the last year, than in any other year. Indeed, usually it would take up to 3 years to get as many as we have this last year. Though I’m out of date. So maybe the end of determined year and beginning of year are a while ago. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 2nd, 2023, 8:37 am

i have more random thoughts, but i forget most of them before i post. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 2nd, 2023, 11:46 am

That happens to me sometimes too. Therefore, here's one from me: I think Rattly is neat.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Super Luigi! » May 2nd, 2023, 3:32 pm

Another random thought: Tiny, Tooty, and Krystal would make a great team.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 2nd, 2023, 5:28 pm

Most likely! And maybe Kyte likes to tag along as well. Also, Sabre is a wolf, =Sabrewulf? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 3rd, 2023, 11:45 am

I'm sure that was who Rare was referencing. Dinosaur Planet's story seems very serious and grand, but at the same time, silly and funny events probably happen too. Not even DKC2 was grimdark.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 3rd, 2023, 12:33 pm

I agree with you on that. I’m going to get into the dinosaur planet discord soon to see what’s going on right now for the patching and when dinomod 2.5 comes out. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 4th, 2023, 11:26 am

I have decided! Everyone is acting in DKC and it is like The Truman Show! Except the player playing the kongs is Truman. :dixiehappy: Rareware has been secretly laughing at us for over two decades. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 4th, 2023, 1:27 pm

Rare has probably been openly laughing at us, and Cranky's dialogue might be from some of them. The 101% ending scene from DK64 definitely implies that the games are staged.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 4th, 2023, 3:43 pm

definitely! this puts things in a new light. are krool and dk friends then? and is dkr staged? this explains the spawning used in dkc. and does the situation of the kongs and kremlings as in hook. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 5th, 2023, 11:42 am

I still think Barrel Blast shows what the Kongs and Kremlings are like when they're not acting. Since it's still a video game, they might pretend to dislike each other, but not by much. Tiny and Kalypso, who are supposed to be rivals, look like they're struggling not to laugh during their faceoff, while Lanky and Klump don't know what's going on.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 5th, 2023, 4:38 pm

from what ive heard from you, you're probably right. ive been thinking, maybe some of the levels are used for my fangame in some sort of modified form. i insist that oil drum alley is the best for dkc. ghostly grove for dkc2. i don't have any idea for dkc3, maybe lemguin lunge? and hideout helm for dk64. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Mattrizzle » May 6th, 2023, 3:44 am

I asked ChatGPT to come up with an idea for a new Animal Buddy for the Donkey Kong Country video game series.

It responded with this:
"How about a mischievous raccoon named Rascal who can climb trees, jump across platforms, and use his sharp claws to swipe at enemies? Rascal could also have the ability to steal bananas and other items from enemies, adding an extra layer of gameplay to the Donkey Kong Country series. Additionally, Rascal's playful personality could provide a fun and humorous element to the game, and he could serve as a foil to the more serious and heroic Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong characters."
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 6th, 2023, 4:52 am

that's a fun idea! i like it! maybe he and parry team up! :diddywink: :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 6th, 2023, 11:40 am

Mattrizzle wrote:he could serve as a foil to the more serious and heroic Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong characters."

Rescuing the banana hoard may be serious business, but I don't think those two are. Nevertheless, I might try that program as well.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 6th, 2023, 11:52 am

I've also figured out how Parry might be a puzzle completing character.
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 9th, 2023, 3:11 pm

Matt and Havoc are still at it!

Also, Donkey Kong Rescued is even better from BlueTronic! No offense, but I felt like the previous version sounded much different than the original. Not necessarily as good. I feel like this version does a lot better job!
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 10th, 2023, 11:20 am

That video definitely looks interesting, Tanager. Thanks for sharing it with us. As for my random thought, I like the original Tiny, but now I think she's supposed to be older, and I still don't think that should have happened.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 10th, 2023, 5:06 pm

I don't like the older Tiny. Just so you know, the original Tiny is the one from my story. My random thought of the day is that the Twelve Tales Conker soundtrack is really good. And also, I've been thinking, I think the Atlas could do with more activity, but I like that it's small. We all know everybody here very well, and everyone's nice. It's a perfect environment right now. And I finally got a PB I'm happy with! 39:23! I'm moving onto DKC no major glitches category and then DKC2 all dk coins category. I am taking a break from DKC2 for a while, though. And is Krook's March the Kremling National Anthem? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Mattrizzle » May 11th, 2023, 1:05 am

I think the main reason Tiny was redesigned was for Diddy Kong Racing DS, so that she could replace Banjo and be in the same weight (or size) class as him. Not that I approve of it. Why not use Donkey, Funky, Chunky, or even Candy instead?

Out of all of the character designs, Tiny's original design is the most dated. It's a product of the mid-to-late '90s, when '60s fashion made a resurgence. She has bell-bottomed pants, a psychedelic beanie, and a flower motif. But it at least had this going for it. Not sure what the current design is trying to be.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 11th, 2023, 5:03 am

well put, matt! i think dk wasn't chosen because he might overshadow diddy. as jomingo made a point, i think chunky was the best choice. i don't exactly know why i don't prefer funky, though. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Mattrizzle » May 11th, 2023, 5:10 am

Now that you mention it, Funky would have been perfect for DKR. He's already known for transportation, including planes and hovercraft!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 11th, 2023, 5:50 am

Probably! Who would he have replaced, though? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 11th, 2023, 11:42 am

I'd say Banjo, since he was a heavy racer focused on speed. Funky showing up with 2/3 vehicles he made in DKC3 definitely would have worked, even if the plane isn't a Gyrocopter. Perhaps he would have been too skilled then?

At this point, I don't know which Tiny I'd prefer, although I'm sure she could show up in a game with both forms. Maybe if she still has shrinking powers, she could trade her modern design for her original one while small? That might work. In any case, I'm glad Sakurai decided to use DK64 art for Lanky, Tiny, and Chunky in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Now the rumor of Chunky being in a Smash game is true.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 11th, 2023, 12:26 pm

I don't know anything about smash bros, but I agree with their choice. My random thought of the day, Grant Kirkhope should've done more with the DK Isle theme. It had a lot more potential than what he did. I still like it, though. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 12th, 2023, 11:40 am

I often wonder what is happening with butter.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Super Luigi! » May 13th, 2023, 12:48 pm

I don't want to think about it too much.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 13th, 2023, 2:29 pm

The song that’s stuck in my head today is the main theme for Donkey Kong Land. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 14th, 2023, 4:13 am

I prefer Donkey Kong Land III's title theme. The plot also doesn't make sense, since Dixie and Kiddy already found the Lost World.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 14th, 2023, 7:54 am

Though, I do like how the GBs had a continuing storyline. But how did DKL2's work? Wasn't Crocodile Isle already sunk? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 14th, 2023, 11:57 am

Yes, but then K. Rool brought it back. Crocodile Cauldron and Krem Quay were combined, however, so there definitely was some damage.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 14th, 2023, 7:19 pm

Thanks! Upon relistening to DKL3's theme, I think it is somewhat better. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 15th, 2023, 11:49 am

I keep thinking about a story where Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, and maybe some other Kongs sneak around somewhere that's filled with non-lethal traps, such as sweet flowers, soft pillows, or static electricity. Maybe there would even be some enemies? This idea is likely based off of a video game I played when I was younger.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 16th, 2023, 3:46 am

Which one? is i t mario sluggers?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 16th, 2023, 11:24 am

No, although the sweet flowers are also in that game too. I was referring to the Over the Hedge movie tie-in game, which actually acts as a sequel to the film. You choose two out of four characters and travel through stages that look like houses to basically steal food from people. All of the enemies are either brainwashed animals or goofy traps such as the sweet flowers that briefly cause your character to sleep. As you can imagine, the game is incredibly silly and a likely influence for my stories, and I think its tone fits the DKC universe somewhat.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 16th, 2023, 6:53 pm

This is what I have been doing since I got my 39:21 DKC2 any% pb. I'm attempting to do DKC1 no major glitches. (skipping jumprolls) I have never speedran DKC1 before, so I'm terrible at it. I think the music fits. And don't miss nonsense #3 at the end. And did anyone catch my reference? The second one I slapped together partially for fun, and to showcase the rolling through a dozen crocodiles.

Did I forget to mention that speedrunning is super? :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 17th, 2023, 11:04 am

It may be for you, but I don't like it, since most designers can't implement reasonable goals. Perhaps more importantly, however, I don't like others rushing me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 17th, 2023, 12:26 pm

I think you’re completely right, Super Luigi. I don’t like being rushed, but I always rush myself, so I don’t know what to say about that exactly. on the fact about me rushing myself. I only got into speedrunning because I wanted to beat games so I looked up speedrunning techniques and all the secrets to beat the games. The reference was barrel barrel who’s got the barrel is from the DKC cartoon. I did think TheToad’s remaster of Kremlantis was fitting for the latter. And I liked Brothers Bear (GBA) for the first. I thought it fits. Or at least it’s cheery.:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » May 18th, 2023, 11:43 am

I often wonder if I've never truly completed the DKC trilogy before, even though I've earned max percentage several times. Once, I even filled the save files with each mode, which meant I had played the games four times in a row. That's probably far more than what the developers intended, however.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 18th, 2023, 12:22 pm

I'm a chronic rusher too. Like, I could make this better, but I rushed it out.

Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 18th, 2023, 4:38 pm

Try chaining together rolls, Diddy. DK, are you a speedrunner? Or has Cranky taught you tricks? Well done, Rainbow Sprinklez. I enjoyed it. Off the point, I finally mastered the Topsail Trouble wrong warp optimal. Combine a three frame rattly true double jump with the small window to perform the cryptonberry clash and the precise positioning, it's the hardest warp except for gusty glade wrong warp.

On a side note, I think the atlas has pros for being small. Everyone is nice here, (though that could possibly be luck), and pretty much we have maximized the skills with who we have here. If it was I don't know, twenty people passing through a day, it's hard to know anyone particularly well. "We're from the atlas and we like it that way." A not so obscure quote, but slightly modified. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes