The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 4th, 2011, 1:14 pm

You know Virtual Console?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » July 4th, 2011, 1:22 pm

Yes, i have used it many many times before, i used to beg my dad for wii points cards, i bought DKC1, DKC2, Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Kirbys Adventure, etc.

Edit :
Somewhere on DKC-Atlas i have a list of games i bought on the virtual console.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 4th, 2011, 1:33 pm

See if you can't bug him to get DK64. ^_^'
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » July 4th, 2011, 2:00 pm

DK64 is out on virtual console?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 4th, 2011, 2:09 pm

I think so. Look through it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » July 4th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Well i looked, its not on, im doomed :( :( :( :( :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 5th, 2011, 6:38 am

Damn...

Is there a store around you that sells old systems and things for said systems?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » July 5th, 2011, 7:52 am

Well there is, there is the flea market, that's where my dad bought my donkey kong country 3 cartridge, its in the same county i live in, so that's good, that's about it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 5th, 2011, 9:58 am

WHAT THE FREAK WHY'D THEY PUT IT IN AN EFFIN' MICROWAVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Kiddy14 » July 5th, 2011, 1:22 pm

I died a little bit inside.

By the way, Top Cat movie! Yes! It's going to be awesome! =']
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 7th, 2011, 6:31 am

I hope that the next time those kids put a game cartridge in the microwave, said electronic explodes. -.-

So anyway, sorry I didn't do anything on here yesterday. Was at Wal-Mart to get stuff for camp and then went to Scott's. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » July 8th, 2011, 4:06 pm

Haven't been on here for the last two-three days. I was continuing my annual playthroughs of Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario RPG. By the way, you should really try SMRPG, it's fun. Anyway, my main reason for not going on here is I thought I was spending waaaay too much time on my various forums, so I took a break. Good to be back.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 8th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Glad to see you're back. Um... what time is it over there SimianSeague?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 9th, 2011, 4:59 am

I officially hate the Donkey Kong fandom. This seems like the most relevant place to say that, so there you go.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 10th, 2011, 1:07 am

When they're not being stupid Rare-worshiping bigots (mostly the DKU) blindly praising Donkey Kong Country Returns, they're over here in the forum games section. That's literally the only place in this forum that gets any discussion these days.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » July 10th, 2011, 1:34 am

To be fair... there's not all that much more to really discuss (at least for me). I mean, this forum has been around for a while and most things have already been said. I've been on some of the old forums and thought I had something new... I posted it and then realized it had been said in like 2008. I don't really see how much more new information could be talked about, you know? I mean, Donkey Kong Country is already 17 years old. And not everybody has the more recent ones. I don't have a wii, so I don't have the ability to really discuss DKCR. I don't have the DKC's for GBA. I've never played the Donkey Kong games for Gamecube. All I can really talk about is anything from Super Nintendo, the original Game Boy, or Nintendo 64. I've tried to think of some new things to say... I really have. And any time I've made a new topic, maybe two people replied.

And I kinda like the forum games... I work at a library, and not that many people come in. And there's not much that the internet here can do (they didn't have the flash player updated)... So to pass some time, I like to goof off a little on here and have a laugh at some of the crazy things people come up with.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 10th, 2011, 7:47 am

I'm worried about my cousin. :,(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Kiddy14 » July 10th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:When they're not being stupid Rare-worshiping bigots (mostly the DKU) blindly praising Donkey Kong Country Returns[…]

You're the one who can't accept other people's opinions, Tiptup. The fact that you didn't like DKCR doesn't mean the whole DK fanbase is an idiot, that's you being intolerant.
Phyreburnz wrote:To be fair... there's not all that much more to really discuss (at least for me). I mean, this forum has been around for a while and most things have already been said. I've been on some of the old forums and thought I had something new... I posted it and then realized it had been said in like 2008.[…]

Yes, the forum's not being pretty active lately. The only reason I ever come back is to read Simion32's updates on the DKCLB.
In fact, there's a lot of stuff that can be discussed about DKCR, DK64, DKKoS, DKJC, DKJB, DKBB… but most of the people who come here only know about the original DKCs.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 10th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:You're the one who can't accept other people's opinions, Tiptup. The fact that you didn't like DKCR doesn't mean the whole DK fanbase is an idiot, that's you being intolerant.

Wrong. It's not that I can't accept the opinions of others, I simply choose not too, for I vastly prefer my own opinions. That's human nature. And yeah I hate DKCR, it's not like no one's ever heard that from me before. I don't get why everyone loves it so much and turns a blind eye to its laundry list of problems (of which there are many.) I was just playing the original Donkey Kong Country and it was awesome and I refuse to go back to Retro's filth.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » July 10th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Almost everybody at DKU despises Rare and everything they stand for now. In fact, Rare worshiping is very... rare... nowadays. I won't argue with anything else you've said, I'll just say that one complaint is really out of date. Rare worshiping bigotry has been out of style since like 2008.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 11th, 2011, 12:19 am

Well everybody... See you next week! :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 11th, 2011, 6:42 am

Jomingo wrote:Almost everybody at DKU despises Rare and everything they stand for now. In fact, Rare worshiping is very... rare... nowadays. I won't argue with anything else you've said, I'll just say that one complaint is really out of date. Rare worshiping bigotry has been out of style since like 2008.

Debatable. I still see a lot of people claiming to have hope in Rare and stuff like that. I guess I'm mostly talking about the people there that act like Rare actually made good Xbox games (I've played Grabbed by the Ghoulies and Viva Piñata, and guess what, they are NOT that fantastic.) In fact they're pretty terrible.

Also, http://donkeykongperfect.ytmnd.com/
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » July 11th, 2011, 9:39 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Wrong. It's not that I can't accept the opinions of others, I simply choose not too, for I vastly prefer my own opinions.

…isn't that being intolerant?
Since you seem to be pretty eloquent, how about we look for the definition of "tolerance" in the dictionary?
-noun
1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.

I've never been at the DKU, so I don't know how they acted towards Rareware when it was still new to being part of Microsoft Game Studios.
In any case, I don't like neo-Rareware either, but I don't understand how you can be hating on people who "blindly praise" DKCR, yet you've been just as focused on disliking it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » July 11th, 2011, 10:30 am

Viva Pinata is a great game, and so is it's sequel. That has nothing to do with the logo on the box, I just really love those games. Nuts and Bolts I don't care for really at all, and Ghoulies I never played.

Anyway, nobody is blindly praising DKCR (well, I don't know that for sure, but I know when I'm praising it it's not blind). I've recognized the flaws with it, and I love it anyway. That's just called "praising it". And I know you're not blindly dissing it either. You've played the game so you have just as much room to diss it as I do to praise it, and that's why I don't ever argue with you when you diss the game. That doesn't stop you from calling everyone else out for liking it though. Nothing about our praise is "blind", you just never stop to consider that people actually do like the game. It's a really good game, and that's an opinion. I'm entitled to it. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean we're all uninformed or in denial.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » July 12th, 2011, 7:18 am

Chibisai! I forgot to real-people ask you what you were doing this week! Well, you'll have to let me know when you get back. Have fun battling hams!

You know, I try to respect everybody's opinion... but I think this has now become a case of "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." Tiptup, we all know that you don't like DKCR, but you don't have to keep repeating it. And I'm trying to say this in the nicest way possible as to not offend anybody. You don't have to hate the whole DK fandom, either. Lets face it, up until recently, Donkey Kongs fan were a rarity. I mean, there was somebody I knew that thought Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was the first Donkey Kong game! Be happy that there's somebody keeping our favorite ape alive. And remember: there's always room for improvement. Maybe if Retro keeps Donkey, the games will get better and better. And should they decide to let go, maybe somebody else will make a DK game. Now, I may not be able to say much about the new games; as I've said, I've not played DKCR... or even DK jungle beat... but I still am happy that people are playing and enjoying Donkey Kong games the way I enjoyed playing Donkey Kong Country on my Super Nintendo.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 12th, 2011, 9:30 am

I will always hate Retro.

And not only have you not played DKCR but it sounds like you haven't played that many Donkey Kong games to begin with. I have been a fan of Donkey Kong Country since the fricking beginning. And I couldn't give less of a f--- about trying to bring fresh meat into the fanbase; if they're unfortunate enough to have not played the Donkey Kong Country games, then that's their loss. And what do you mean "keeping him alive"? What's stopping anyone from playing the seven Donkey Kong games on Virtual Console or numerous other appearances and older games for GBA, GCN, etc.? The classics are still very much alive.

But yeah, effing Kremling-less piece of crap game I'm never playing again etc.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » July 12th, 2011, 9:44 am

I never said that you weren't allowed to hate retro... and you know what, you don't have to be so mean.

I've played and beaten the DKC's for snes the full way as well as the DKL's. I've played and beaten DKC for GBC the whole way. I got the high score for the original Donkey Kong (arcade) at a loca amusement park. I've beaten DK64 the entire way. Tell me again that I've not played enough DKC. Go ahead. I remember when that game CAME OUT. Yeah dude, I'm older than you and I've been playing it longer than you. I'm the one trying to keep an open mind here.

I think you should be happy that there are still people that like Donkey Kong. Why don't you become a game designer, then? Since everybody else's efforts aren't good enough. At least people are trying. Not everybody has the ability to play the old games, and some kids will grow up on this new game, just like you and I (and everybody else on this forum) grew up on DKC. I'm glad that people are at least trying to make newer games.

And remember this, too: Nobody is forcing you to play this game. And nobody forced you to buy it.

*EDIT* And by "keeping him alive" I mean the creation of new games.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby WAZ__Up » July 12th, 2011, 9:47 am

20000 views!
Trainee Trekker

Postby HavocReaper48 » July 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

So I recently got Monster Hunter Tri for Wii and I'm very impressed with it. Amazing graphics and charm, varied environments, awesome armor/weapons and online quests WITHOUT REQUIRING FRIEND CODES!

But it does have friend codes if you want to hunt with a specific friend -- does any DKC Atlas-er wanna hunt with me?

Name: GOLDFISH
Capcom ID: WFED3Q
HR: 4 as of this post

I usually use my bone lance.

(my name is an inside joke with my good friends)
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby SimianSegue » July 16th, 2011, 3:15 am

Jomingo wrote:Almost everybody at DKU despises Rare and everything they stand for now. In fact, Rare worshiping is very... rare... nowadays. I won't argue with anything else you've said, I'll just say that one complaint is really out of date. Rare worshiping bigotry has been out of style since like 2008.

You're completely right. I am on the DKU, same username, and I am one of the select few who still loves Rare. I bought Kinect Sports, and it's not actually a bad game. It's just not like a Rare game. And Rare keeps on talking about how if they're going to make KI3 it'll probably be for Kinect. I'll still buy it if it is for Kinect. And on a sidenote, I live very close to Retro Studios.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby HavocReaper48 » July 16th, 2011, 12:43 pm

If there's one thing I'll never get over it's deja vu.

...especially when it smashes your heart... anyone else know what I mean?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » July 17th, 2011, 3:37 am

So, I know it's a bit of old news... but it makes me irate.... What do you guys think about the Casey Anthony case? Can you believe they found her not guilty?!

And HavocReaper! Where have you been?! :shock:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby SimianSegue » July 17th, 2011, 5:02 am

Well, I just got Borderlands. Does anyone know if it's any good?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 18th, 2011, 2:06 am

Phyreburnz wrote:Chibisai! I forgot to real-people ask you what you were doing this week! Well, you'll have to let me know when you get back. Have fun battling hams!

Battling... hams? O.o What the f---never mind...

Anyway, I went to epilepsy camp. I had lotsa fun! :D Made some new friends, had a few laughs, helped some people out... It was cool. Although I was the last camper to leave due to complications. :( Oh well---that just meant I had more time with the counslers! :D

Oh... and the med dude... good LORD he was cute... and nice... and sweet... and sings good... and kinda looks like Bruno Mars a little but in the face... but he's 27... and married...

They had one night where we did activities using inflatable things (i. e., bounce houses, obstacle courses, etc.) and one of the things was get into a fat suit and sumo wrestle. XD I beat Will. :P

Now I am wearing one of the new shirts I got from there. "Stroll For Epilepsy" it says. :P

And about all the posts before this and after yours WHAT THE FUDGECAKE DID I MISS BY GOING TO KALEIDOSCOPE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby HavocReaper48 » July 18th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:And HavocReaper! Where have you been?! :shock:

Summerville :3. Went to the beach today!! I got a little burnt.. but it was fun. Huge waves, lemmie tell you, and FREEZING WATER. At least it was nice and sunny.

In other news....

HARRY POTTER: THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART TWO IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

There. I said it.

I wasn't even that big of a Harry Potter fan prior to seeing it.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Markster » July 18th, 2011, 3:42 pm

I am back, i am sorry about disobeying the rules, it should not happen again.

----------

EDIT : I will rarely post on the anything goes.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Phyreburnz » July 19th, 2011, 6:35 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:
Battling... hams? O.o What the f---never mind...

Don't you remember... on the ask a stupid question get a stupid answer forum? You said you were going for a week and asked where. And I said battling hams. So you didn't really go to camp, you were really battling hams the whole time! XD

Okay, so you probably weren't really battling hams... :lol:

Oh! I just got Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and DKC for GBA the other day!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!! I haven't gotten to play them yet because both my gamecube and GBA are at my mum's house. I'm going there tonight and I'ma play DK Jungle Beat!!!!! Except... I don't have the bongos yet... I got it used at Gamestop and they didn't have any, so I'll have to get them at another used game store.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 19th, 2011, 6:52 am

HavocReaper48 wrote:HARRY POTTER: THE DEATHLY HARROWS PART TWO IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

'Hallows' not 'harrows'. My cousin had tickets to the midnight opening but was still in the hospital. XO

And no, Phyreburnz, I really WAS at camp. But for some reason I had a dream about battling hams...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » July 19th, 2011, 7:00 am

Maybe battling hams wasn't the dream and camp was? No, you're probably right... you probably weren't battling hams :(
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 19th, 2011, 7:03 am

But I woke up and was apparently using my pillow in real-life as my weapon in the dream because the male counseler got hit in the face with it. XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby HavocReaper48 » July 22nd, 2011, 1:08 am

Has anyone here seen The Crazies? It's an awesome horror movie. As long as you don't mind blood splatters, the rake scene... and the nightmares that follow. :3.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 22nd, 2011, 9:00 am

Oh yeah, one of my friends, his sister, and their parents went to see that movie and his dad scared his sister.

Well, my cousin gets out of the hospital soon! I'm so happy! XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » July 23rd, 2011, 11:48 pm

My best friend is in the hospital. He has a strep infection in his hip and just finished his third surgery. The thing that really sucks is that he lives in Illinois and I can't even visit him. But of course we text like 500 times a day :lol:.

On a lighter note I decided to try Borderlands. It is already in my top 5 favorite games of all time. Hey everybody, C'mon, get down!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 25th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Oh my god, I hope he gets better! :,(

On a TOTALLY different note, I am addicted to the manga Hellsing. The best way to define it is blood-filled. XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 26th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Oh God, I effing laughed my ass off when I read this topic on the DKU: http://www.dkvine.com/interactive/forum ... ntry222548

While the discussion smells of older times with Tiptup Jr.

Does my heart good. And yes, that is the kind of thing I'd make a topic about. (Do any of them know I still exist? Mainly talking to DKUers here.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby SimianSegue » July 27th, 2011, 11:12 am

Tiptup, I'm on the DKU, I'll ask some people. Who was on usually when you were there?

On another note, I am going to post a small part of my video game fanfiction/story here soon. It is called Chronicles of Awesome and I hope you guys like it!

Chibisai, my older brother loooves Hellsing! I usually don't like anime, but maybe I'll check it out.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 27th, 2011, 12:21 pm

You should! And he knows who Alucard really is, right? XD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes