The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Jomingo » June 18th, 2010, 4:08 am

Qyz was online last night righting private messages.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 18th, 2010, 4:45 am

Ah, of course! Secret agent man then...

My life is pathetic.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Scraps69 » June 18th, 2010, 9:10 am

Jomingo wrote:Qyz was online last night righting private messages.

gah. it's kinda sad he doesn't write in here :P

I saw him online twice and I was thinking maybe he'll write something in here or at least, make a new forum labelled DKC Returns.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » June 24th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Spoiler!

It has a corn x3
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 24th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Yeah, so I'm mostly used to just having plain green money, but that currency is strange to me. Hmm. :|
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » June 24th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Those are some colorful Pesos, man.

I kinda like colorful currency, it's more interesting than plain old green stuff. I've still got 5 pounds from my trip to the UK last summer.

♥ those Pounds.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 25th, 2010, 4:44 am

Yeah, it is less boring- I like the new U.S. $100 bills though. Even though I've never seen one in real life, they seem shiny. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » June 25th, 2010, 6:19 pm

In Australia, every kind of note has a different colour.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 25th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Hmm... and aren't they different sizes too? I believe they recently passed a court case in the U.S. that will make it so different denominations of money must be distinguishable by blind people. I'm not sure when this will take effect, though.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » June 26th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Mexican Pesos are also different colored (but Australians are more colorful!), different sized (not still for the $500 bill), have different things for blind people to check (not braille), and are made of polymer (only the $20, $50 and $100 Commemorative though) =P
Better the US not change its bills' colors, 'green money'! But I'd suggest improving every other thing...
Spoiler!
Yes! Look at 'em getting redesigned and made prettier!!

You can clearly see the Mexican government cares more about how money looks than how much it is valued xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 13th, 2010, 10:05 am

Gah! This place has really slowed down in terms of user activity and such... Sad face.

But I just wanted to take the time to say, for anyone reading this who was there during my days at the DKU, I'm sorry. I was a effing retard. I know that. I'm probably still just as stupid today, and I'm sorry and ashamed that all of you had to experience my stupid retardedness. I dunno what the f--- I was thinking, if I was even thinking at all. I was just... dumb. A child, yes, but still completely idiotic in every single way. The DKU was actually one of the first websites I ever discovered, when I was about five years old... so it's really no mystery why I was so effed up, I just was, and once again: I'm sorry. And I'm probably sounding even more retarded, sitting here typing about how retarded I am, but I just need to get this out of the way so I can carry on with my life. Sooo.

Magic octopus?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Scraps69 » July 13th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Here's something I learn't as I was growing up Tiptup.

No one cares more about your mistakes then yourself.

Though I don't know what you did at DKU, but people tend to be more forgiving or more 'eh I don't care anymore'.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » July 14th, 2010, 3:27 am

Actually, if no one cared more about his mistakes than himself then he wouldn't have been banned. But don't feel bad, I was just as stupid. It's a wonder I was able to keep my head low enough to outlast that phase.

And I don't think the DKU staff are more forgiving than they used to be, they just haven't really had any situations in which they've needed to flex their authority. They have a unique way of dealing punishment out over there. They give out embarrassing personal titles and avatars to the more annoying offenders, and they pass out temp-bans all the time. Hell, I've been temp banned twice over there for different reasons. They are a lot more strict then us but what they do works. Because they give out temp bans so casually it makes everybody try to follow every rule, and when you don't and you get temp banned you learn your lesson and your back in a week. It makes a much nicer community when they aren't afraid to give out punishments. So yeah, some people see them as "unforgiving" or what have you, but whatever they're doing works.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » July 14th, 2010, 5:32 am

Hmm, I can't imagine Tiptup doing anything ban-worthy. Doesn't seem to be his style, but I didn't know you guys when you were over at DKU, so I suppose I wouldn't know.

I always feel odd while surfing the DKU,it's an interesting community, but there's just something about them that unnerves me every time. Maybe it's their attitudes, or something like that, but I always have to run back to DKC-A and take a breather afterwards, hah.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 14th, 2010, 8:28 am

Haha, yes! They`re strange, but it`s a very subtle humor. That site`s pretty much existed since the mainstream dawn of the Internet. In recent years it has become a Rare fansite if anything else, but with DKCR and Rare`s fall from greatness, they`re getting back to their roots.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » July 14th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Actually, I would argue that a "Rare" fansite is closer to their roots. Sure, their use to be a larger emphasis on DK than in recent years, but the whole idea of the "Donkey Kong Universe" was because at the time every Rare game that came out was somehow connected to DK, and so Chad and Slush called their Rare fansite the "Donkey Kong Universe". Obviously, it split in half later on and the idea of a Donkey Kong-centric Rare fansite no longer made sense. So they focused more on the Rare side because the DK side was pretty lackluster for a long time. The tides have changed recently, and so the DK side has gotten some new life.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 16th, 2010, 3:50 pm

So maybe the DKU is good for something...

For my first sexification, I think it went pretty well.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » July 19th, 2010, 1:38 pm

Jomingo, you got a PS3? What's your PSN ID? I'll add you.

You gotta get LittleBigPlanet
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » July 20th, 2010, 5:07 am

PandaJedi

Yeah....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 21st, 2010, 11:02 am

Dear god... Google's new Image Search page SUCKS. What the **** is this world coming to? :x
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 21st, 2010, 4:49 pm

Simion... I can't even get to image search! When I highlight the invisible bar up top, nothing happens. I'm scared. :(

EDIT: No, it's there now. But what exactly is so bad about it?

EDIT AGAIN: ...Ah. I never expected to see so many Lady Gagas on the screen at one time.

QUINTUPLE EDIT: WHAT THE f---???
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » July 22nd, 2010, 12:40 am

Jomingo wrote:PandaJedi

Yeah....

Wow. OK. I sent a friend request. My PSN ID is blue_tronic
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » July 22nd, 2010, 1:54 am

I notice nothing wrong with Google. 'Splain yoselvels.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 22nd, 2010, 3:10 am

Just go search for an image, and you`ll see. They took all the information out from under them so it`s just like a big wall of pictures, and then when you click on one it sort of hovers in front of the page instead of going to a bar up top. Hard to explain, but... it`s purdy strange.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kingizor » July 22nd, 2010, 3:29 am

Probably a regional change. Nothing's different on google uk, yet.

Google usually try something out in one place first before forcing it on to the rest of the world.

Here's an article about it with pictures. link
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby Jomingo » July 22nd, 2010, 5:08 am

Yeah, I'm seeing it completely normal.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Blaziken257 » July 22nd, 2010, 4:12 pm

So I just got a used Super Game Boy at some store that sells used video game stuff. I like it, but the sound is slightly sharp, but the DKL games run better on it than on anything else. And I have a lot of other games that take advantage of it too...

Yeah, I'm random, I know, so I'll just be quiet now.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Jomingo » July 23rd, 2010, 2:06 am

I just got King of Swing at a Gamestop. So that's good.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 23rd, 2010, 5:08 am

Indeed! I LOVE Jungle Jam mode... the one thing Jungle Climber lacked.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 2nd, 2010, 11:08 am

So... pollution in the area where I live is giving everything outside a yellow tinge. Word is, the air is literally unsafe to breathe. It`s pretty effed up.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Scraps69 » August 2nd, 2010, 11:11 am

That's pretty nasty. Your parents going to try move elsewhere?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 2nd, 2010, 11:23 am

Eh. We`ve already moved once, so we`re not planning on it (and they`re divorced, by the way.)

But maybe my bastard children will be born with superpowers!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » August 2nd, 2010, 11:29 pm

I'm in Toronto right now, so I don't have to worry about pollution... nor shootouts every day, nor about being robbed.
I mean, I can get in the subway without worrying about getting robbed, how awesome is that!
Oh, and people like food here. I was waiting for the bus and this guy just took out his sandwich, then in the subway this lady took out her biig sandwich too and started to eat deliciosamente! You'd get weird looks in Mexico.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Scraps69 » August 4th, 2010, 7:12 pm

You all must watch Inception in the cinema! It's so awesome! I jizzed in my pants.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » August 5th, 2010, 12:35 am

Yeah, I really liked it too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » August 23rd, 2010, 6:15 pm

Spoiler!
Hello, I just recently came back from a studies trip to Toronto (sorry, I was far too excited).
In just three weeks I got used to how different life is.

In Toronto: Shocking news are about babies left unattended inside cars and dying, while "normal" news are about car accidents...
In Monterrey: Shocking news are about 20 people being killed/abducted/kidnapped/got caught in a shootout in just 1 hour (there are more), while "normal" news are about blockades in the city's principal roads (along with some robberies and fires).
I'm sure it is about the same elsewhere; we do not hear of those news anymore here, they're too unimportant.
Our chitchat is about of which shootout we were caught in, for example, if yesterday's, the day before yesterday one, the one last week or the one of Wednesday.

We were talking about it while in class there, in the end our teacher got fed up and couldn't believe it was truly like that to the point even I was questioning myself. Upon coming back, I realized it truly was like that and that I wasn't overreacting (I'm saying this, seriously, pay attention to the warnings the US government is issuing, DO NOT COME TO MEXICO for vacation or anything unless it is truly needed.)

I found out this article (conveniently written in English) which somehow (somehow) explains the situation.

I'm sorry for posting this up here, but I'm tired of the US government thinking they're not part of the fault. People here barely get drugs because they are too expensive and we do not get out at night anymore, all of the drugs go to the US and Canada... If you want, ignore this and continue with your cheerful talkings...

That post was far too depressive, yuck! Although it's true =[
So instead, I'll give you pie!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 28th, 2010, 7:21 am

Warning taken, Kiddy.

But anyway, I already don't like Justin Bieber as it is, but I just saw this picture and it got me thinking:

Look at that. He is in a perfect opportunity. Those are most likely virgins, at least the one on the right, and he could bang 'em out both at the same time (virgin threesome, often considered impossible.) I wonder what he really did... He probably gets chances like that all the time. I might start respecting him more.

*Don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, just sayin'.*

EDIT: nvm, sex isn't kewl.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » August 28th, 2010, 7:33 am

Bleh, too young to bang. Especially the one on the right.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Scraps69 » August 28th, 2010, 9:13 am

There seems to be some obscure obsession about sex with girls that are young virgins...

And the thing is girls tend to be alot more dignified then just being virgins and suddenly offering themselves to celebrities for virgin threesomes though it's a good dream to have for adolescents I suppose. Those girls in those photos - probably the most embarrassing thing for them right now is giving justin bieber a kiss on the lips. Though I do know teenage girls that are that young and sleep around but that's more of an exception then a rule..

I was talking to this guy from India from a game I used to play (note I need to delete him off my fb account) the other day and he was obsessed with the idea of sleeping with virgins. Everytime you hear someone talk about virgins and how much they love virginity, you know they put a pussy on a pedastle and are virgins or don't get it very often. I like talking about sex but he was just blergh.

As for mexico, that sounds awful mate. I was watching a documentary the other day and was a bit shocked to see how proud some american sheriffs were when they caught illegal immigrants from mexico. One sheriff put them in prison (in pink overralls to 'embarass' them) and made them do pointless hard labour for trying. There was this one group of mexicans that got caught and the lady gave her baby to a mexican man but got split up with that man who went into another group. The group was never found so there's a mexican man out there in the US with a baby and the woman has been returned to mexico and can't do anything about it. It's pretty shocking.

Though I understand why USA is trying to stop immigration (cheap labour and jobs being taken) but I'm quite sympathetic to the everyday mexican trying to do better for his family. It's really just a conflict of interest in which the US policy is a law favouring legal migration.

Anyways... 'too long didn't read' heh
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » August 28th, 2010, 10:00 am

Yeah, I have no sympathy to those who come here illegally. Yeah, I get it your life sucks, but it's really not hard to come here legally, other than the fact that you don't get as easy or free a ride as you would. The reason people do it illegally rather than the honest way is because that way they can get jobs and all sorts of benefits, but don't have to pay taxes or other things that I have to pay.

It's just as much our fault as it is there's, the system itself is screwed up. They get the luxury of having a better life without any of the consequences, while I get screwed over by it. For example: I (and all of you) will begin paying Social Security at the beginning of our working lives. This is a good idea in theory; the government takes a little bit of money from us a little bit at a time, and then one day they give us all this money we wouldn't have held onto otherwise, at a time when it's really convenient for us. But, do to numerous reasons, including immigrants that mooch off of the system but don't pay into it, I will never see a penny of this money and neither will any of you. That's right, we will lose a chunk of our salaries for the rest of our lives, and by the time our generation needs it it won't be there.

It's as much the fault of faulty government systems and companies that choose to hire immigrants with the knowledge that they're illegal as it is the actual immigrants. If we didn't make it so easy for them to be successful then it wouldn't be so appealing. That's not to say that Mexican immigrants have an easy life; they still get payed horrible wages for lousy jobs. But those jobs and other American benefits they receive should be going to people that are paying for it. If people benefit from a system they aren't paying into, the ones who are will lose out and we don't have a choice like they do.

In other words: Everything is screwed up, and it's not all the immigrants fault, but they should still stay at home in their dodgy countries instead of making our's worse.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » August 31st, 2010, 6:21 am

Wasn't Justin Bieber the guy with the "baby, baby, baby!!" song? XD I don't remember...
I just know he sang that and became popular, with his only popular song...

Jomingo wrote:The reason people do it illegally rather than the honest way is because that way they can get jobs and all sorts of benefits, but don't have to pay taxes or other things that I have to pay.

You know nothing, do you? The REAL reason people do it is because of lies - seriously, with no offense but, I'd prefer to live in Mexico rather than the US even with Mexico's problems, at least we Mexican people are caring. I see all sorts of weird things American teenagers and adults do, but that rarely happens here; just remove the drug dealers and things would be just like how the article said they were 4 years ago... I talked about that with some friends and they agreed with me - people know the voyage to the US as the "American Dream" ("Sueño americano", although it should be "estadounidense").

They are told by "polleros" that they will get them across the boarder, but they barely fulfill their promises. It is mostly indigenous people the ones who try crossing the boarder, so they have no idea of what's in the other side or what to expect, they're blinded. I do not agree with illegal immigration, but I think if the US made things simpler, people would not try illegal entries; my dad spent 6 months trying to get a working visa to go with a friend of his, and it'd be about 5 trips to the embassy per week.
The problem is that indigenous people live in the countryside and want to live in the cities (our government pays little to no attention to them), since Mexican cities are too crowded for them (and they barely get basic education) "polleros" lie to them and get them in that big trouble.

By the way, in Mexico, Social Security (basic one) is free as long as you're Mexican ;) I don't know if it's like that in the US...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » August 31st, 2010, 7:38 am

Do not tell me I know nothing. You don't know anything about life in the United States, and you've made that fairly clear. I'd be careful saying that to certain people, because they might take offense. And everybody prefers their own country over others, you prefer Mexico and I prefer the United States because we both have a natural sense of pride for where you grew up. I will never set foot in Mexico, and it's not because of drug dealers or danger, it's because it is a filthy country with little to do and essentially a poor version of life in the US. Why anyone who lives in a rich and free country would ever want to venture to a place like Mexico is beyond me. They have little to no benefits over life in the US. I can definitely see why people would want to leave there, and I agree that my government makes it very easy for them to. It still ends up hurting people like me. American people are just as much caring as anyone else, we just have a different sense of privacy then most places. People here are very caring, but not very trusting. We care for our friends and neighbors and family, but most people don't care for strangers or like to associate with strangers at all. And that's why people who come from other countries think we don't care, because most people avoid strangers and wouldn't be very nice to foreign people. This is obviously different between cities and small towns, and in small towns everybody knows each other and has a big sense of community and working together. In the cities this isn't as prevalent, and when people visit from other countries they generally only visit the cities, where people always keep to themselves and not kind to other people.

People have a wrong idea about what life is like here, because they only see it from the outside and not what it's like to actually be an American.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Scraps69 » September 1st, 2010, 1:32 am

Jomingo wrote:I will never set foot in Mexico, and it's not because of drug dealers or danger, it's because it is a filthy country with little to do and essentially a poor version of life in the US. Why anyone who lives in a rich and free country would ever want to venture to a place like Mexico is beyond me.

Ouch :| and I'm not even mexican or from mexico. Though I find third world countries to be quite appealing. I went to live in South America for about a month and it's pretty liberating to be free from technology (mobiles, video games) and 'first world' civilisation. Sure it can be boring but you actually find things to do outside and the foreign ladies are quite pretty and hot blooded...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 1st, 2010, 8:43 am

@Jomingo: I luh you and everything, but calm effing down.

@Kiddy14: I agree that illegal immigration is the problem of both the U.S. and Mexico. At one end we have a largely corrupt and underdeveloped country whose residents are fed tales of a perfect, wholesome land where everyone matters and gets a second chance- pretty much- and on the other end you have a country whose massive racist ego-dick is already swollen to its fullest with too many people and too few jobs, and whose legal system has been ruined and smothered in red tape by its previous idiotic leaders. Both of our countries are effed permanently, so you're basically choosing between a lesser of two evils; usually, if you keep your head down and pretend to LOVE AMERICA OMG GOD BLESS you'll do just fine in teh U.S. of Eh.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 1st, 2010, 10:31 am

Jomingo wrote:Do not tell me I know nothing. You don't know anything about life in the United States, and you've made that fairly clear. I'd be careful saying that to certain people, because they might take offense.

Dude, I thought I did excuse myself...

First of all, you sound like if I were insulting you when I only said I don't like US's kind of weird - to us - culture. Many things you find normal are strange to us and viceversa, and I think that's perfectly normal.
Yet you're calling me filthy :|

Second, yes I know nothing about the States except for how many months my dad lived there and a friend I met at high school who lived there for 3 years... Perhaps I shouldn't be talking about it until I get to experience it myself, but I think I've got an idea.

Third, I think you need to do a little bit of proofreading and understand that you don't know anything about illegal immigrants and their boarder-crossing customs... I never said anything about knowing life in Mexico or even the US (it is that or I don't get your point).
Puh-leeaase, I've heard stories and know several people who know (yeah, same story as always) people who tried to cross.
They're poor people, they barely have basic education and only want a place to work... tell me if that's not being humble (even when they don't know what a great problem they'll become for your government).

Perhaps I'm not that fond of people commenting of Mexico as the land of small negritos. Monterrey isn't like Guadalajara, Mexico, Hidalgo, Oaxaca, Cuernavaca... it is often seen more as an American city than a Mexican one, yet we have tacos xD
Mexico is not the greatest country in the world, but we're progressing. With the drug-dealers thingy I think we're more united now.
Seriously, we have no Police Forces where I live as of me writing this post (we don't trust them either), yet there haven't been any robberies in about 6 months.
People do not buy Narcotrucks anymore (Escalades, Explorers, Navigators, Lobos, Cheyennes, Cherokees, etc.).
A balloon cannot pop at a children's party because we immediately crouch for our lives xD

If I ever insulted any American (Unitedstatian) in the world, then I apologize. I'm sorry! Happy? That's not how I expected my comment to be received.
And Mexican gurls are nice 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » September 1st, 2010, 10:43 am

Everyone just chill out. This is getting ridiculous. :roll:

This is the topic for Random Thoughts, not Political and Ethics flame wars.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 1st, 2010, 1:10 pm

From a philosophic standpoint I think we can all agree that the nature of politics is seemingly random, so I'm just gonna say...

Kiddy14 wrote:Unitedstatian

I cannot for the life of me get used to this. And trust me, I've even used it in daily conversation and on school papers, but no one knows what the hell it means. Politically correct or not... I dunno. But I think people need to lay off Kiddy for a second- just because he's from Mexico, all of our Mexican discussions don't have to be directed toward him. :roll:

IN OTHER NEWS, Metroid: Other M Samus is sooo effing hot. Jebus Christ.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 1st, 2010, 2:33 pm

I'm not the only Mexican here, though XD
Anyways...
WOH WANTZ PAY?!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes