It's not the holidays until...

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

It's not the holidays until...

Postby Phyreburnz » December 9th, 2015, 3:02 am

Is there anything that you just have to see before it's considered the holidays? Mine is Christmas specific, but it could be for any holiday that you celebrate any time of year.

Here is mine. It isn't the holiday season until you see the Eat'N Park Christmas ad on television. Eat'N Park is a restaurant that started near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They are renowned for this particular commercial. It originally started in 1982 to be in support of Children's Hospital but became so popular that they decided to run it every year since then.

Every year that I see this on T.V. for the first time of the season, I have to call my mum and my sister to tell them I saw it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: It's not the holidays until...

Postby Qyzbud » December 10th, 2015, 10:04 pm

For me, it's all about the jacaranda blossoms:

There's even an Aussie Christmas song with lyrics about it; "when the bloom of the jacaranda tree is here, Christmas time is near!" :P

These trees line the road I used to walk along to get to my high school, and the purple petals were always a welcome sight; not only were they beautiful to look at, but their presence also meant it was almost time to break from study for another year. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » December 11th, 2015, 10:57 am

Wow! That's really beautiful!

That's one of the awesome things about forums: all kinds of different people from all over the world with different experiences coming together.

I always love learning about different things like that. Though I don't know if I like that enough to want to move to Australia... I love having snow in the winter! Maybe if I do some digging, I can pull up some old photos of snowmen my family has made.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » December 11th, 2015, 5:23 pm

Yep, snow's a pretty big drawcard. I'd love to live somewhere that gets annual snowfall, or at least near enough for a quick road trip. :D

I wonder if there are any places that get both jacaranda blossoms and snow...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby spaceman2028 » January 30th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Apologies for the major bump, but I felt I had to get this out of the way.

It ain't the holidays for me until Halloween comes rushing by. And after that, all of the holidays start flying right up in your face.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Return to Anything Goes