Where are my music producers?

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Where are my music producers?

Postby Rux Ton » February 19th, 2014, 2:10 am

Alright so lets all link up. Do you produce music/remixes? If so, whats your soundcloud, youtube, twitter, etc? Let's share our music and just continue the network train.

:k:
Just tell us a bit about yourself, what kind of music you do, what your expectations/dreams are for your music and then post your links :swanky:
:o:
https://soundcloud.com/ruxton
http://www.twitter.com/Rux_Ton
(youtube coming soon, just need to create content)
:n:
My name is Rux Ton (Not really, but for identity purposes I will keep my name hidden.) BUT you may call me Rukkus, Ruxy, whatever you come up with. I started about 10 years ago because I was so moved by DKC and all of the music from the games, specifically the second one, and I just... progressed from there. I want to make music people will enjoy and it will be timeless. Honestly I would rather enjoy being up there with all of my favorite names such as deadmau5 and playing with them. Touring is something I am planning on doing next year, and I want to integrate my dkc experience with my music and just show the appreciation i have for music from videogames back then and music from today. I take music very serious and I don't plan on stopping. Im in too deep heh.
:g:

ALRIGHT, YOUR TURN!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Re: Where are my music producers?

Postby Qyzbud » February 20th, 2014, 5:49 am

I support this initiative. 8-)

I dabble in music production, but I'm very much a novice. My experience is essentially limited to FL Studio, which I think is a fantastic DAW for beginners/intermediate users.

DKC got me into music production, too. ;)

Will share more here when I find a moment to do so. :banana:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby thetoad11 » February 21st, 2014, 7:54 am

I'm still a total amateur who dabbles with the music, and I'll probably never truly go pro, but It will definitely remain a huge part of my life and a very frequented hobby of mine. I do remix/remaster some DKC, but I do other games as well, and sometimes create originals.

http://www.youtube.com/user/greencow123
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Sockpuppet » February 21st, 2014, 11:12 am

I make remixes of video game music, although it's been a few years since I've actually finished anything. :lol: I mostly do DKC tracks, and I've tried several different genres. My main style at the moment is kinda rock ballad-ish, I guess? I use a program called 'Reason'.
I've also had one remix posted on OC ReMix. (from Pokemon Red/Blue)

Links:
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SockpuppetRemix
Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/Sockpuppet555 (There's a few extra unfinished remixes on there. They'll probably stay unfinished though)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Rux Ton » February 22nd, 2014, 8:53 am

I listened to your OCRemix Sockpuppet, it was really chill man I totally dug it!

thetoad11 I checked out your Treetop Heat one, man, this is a smooth blend. I like it a lot!

Qyzbud I have gotta hear some sometime!

-- I have a deep passion for remixers who remix DKC and other games. I personally like doing Sonic The Hedgehog remixes as well. I have one of those in the works as we speak. I actually really wanted to get something on OCRemix, sometime I will probably try again but... yeah. Im glad you guys feel the way I do about it. Its nice to meet people with similar passions. Donkey Kong just... did it for me heh.

Maybe sometime the artists of DKC Atlas could collaborate on a MAJOR project like... maybe an entire album of remixes with artwork done from people here, much like.. The remix project that was on OCRemix for the first one if you guys remember that. It was fantastic!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby Super Luigi! » February 22nd, 2014, 11:23 am

If you do decide to follow through on that plan, let me know. I'll tag people so much, bananas will come flying out of their pants! (As well as their Inbox!) I do like the idea of gathering all the long-lost Atlasites from days gone by into one big group. Perhaps Qyzbud could also use it for promotional material!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Rux Ton » February 22nd, 2014, 2:05 pm

Thats what I was thinking! We need all of the closet DKC fans to come out of the shadows. If my music career were to ever take off in the direction im trying to make it go, i want to be able to say "Hey I did this huge collab with DKC Atlas, check it out" and juhiugiug

Pretty much im getting myself excited about it. I wouldn't be able to do anything until i move here in a couple of months but i would love to do something or rather!

EDIT: I wish I would have been less shy and signed up sooner. This place rocks my socks off. Im astounded that you guys even have dkc smilies. Seriously. :rant:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby thetoad11 » February 25th, 2014, 11:24 am

The idea of another DKC remix album sounds really stellar :thumbs:

Here's hoping I can up the quality of my work enough that I can be a part of it when it happens.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby BlueTronic » March 5th, 2014, 4:30 pm

I make music. Here's an in-progress Flight of the Zinger club remix of mine: https://soundcloud.com/blue_tronic/beat ... e-beehives
I like making remixes, but I'd rather be known for completely original music than ride off the success of another track. I'm currently too busy with school, working on scores, and participating in the OCRemix DK64 Project to take on any new projects.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Return to Anything Goes