Introduce yourself!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Super Luigi! » February 14th, 2013, 2:45 pm

Anterbok, you will make this atlas greater than it already is. You will feel welcome in the site, follow the rules, and have fun. You, my dear sweet Anterbok, will build your legacy here. For only at the DKC Atlas, can one become almost as magnificent and exalted as Qyzbud and Simion32. I welcome you to these forums, Anterbok. Now go! FUFILL YOUR DESTINY!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby ProminenceF » March 10th, 2013, 4:14 am

Very impressive site here; I end up looking for maps of some DKC levels, and find a whole site dedicated to just that! Lovely, really, and I appreciate all the work you have done and hopefully will do on those maps. It's very much appreciated. I'm working on a game heavily inspired by Donkey Kong, so I'm trying to see how the old masters did it.
Newcomer
Bananas received 8

Postby Qyzbud » March 10th, 2013, 11:23 am

Hi there, ProminenceF — welcome to the Atlas!

Thanks for the kind words; it's lovely to hear that the long hours I've poured into this site and its maps have been worthwhile. I don't exaggerate when I say; I appreciate your kind feedback just as much as you appreciate this Atlas I've worked so hard to create! :D I will definitely be pushing forward with map development, so don't worry if progress appears slow; as with every aspect of DKC Atlas, my time and energy aren't always available, but my passion for these projects, and my determination to see them through never wavers. 8-)

I'm interested to hear about this DK-inspired game you're working on... if it doesn't quite fit as a DKC Project/Fanwork, feel free to create a topic for it in our general Gaming Discussion area instead. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Axis » March 22nd, 2013, 8:00 am

Hello!

You might be able to recognize me from my previous account's avatar but it is indeed axis.transhumant. I've chosen to remake my account name purely on the sake of the security for my account because it has quite a stretch outside these parts and oh dear, do I miss posting here. The solemn aptitude of the Atlas is one that can't be replicated and I feel that without following the Delta project or taking advantage of the mapping project without any communicatory just results in a desolate community that falls way under underrated (kinda like over exaggerate, did Webster even approve that word?)

I have strong plans to finish my rom hack Kongtraband and replace the topic I've created with a new thread but until then, it can remain free for all to download. I want to assure you I've decided to remap World 1 because I got addicted to the Kaizo that was available and I will most likely gear it towards a family perspective because I'll leave the difficulty where it already rests. I look forward to discussing and evaluating with you all! :k: :o: :n: :g:
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Red Kiddy Kong » June 24th, 2013, 11:46 am

Hey Guys,I am Red Kiddy Kong and as you could guess I am new to the forums and just wanted to introduce myself soooo HI EVERYONE!!!! :D :kiddywave:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » June 24th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Why hello there — welcome to DKC Atlas!

I've given you a banana for being so polite. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Qyzbud » June 24th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Yes, you!

Not everyone is polite enough to introduce themselves. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Red Kiddy Kong » June 24th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Well,it wasn't that great my friend :)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » June 24th, 2013, 4:59 pm

True... you'll have to really earn your next banana. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » June 25th, 2013, 8:43 am

:rant: Well, it took you long enough, ya lazy bum! Pah, these kids today. Like this one, they don't know anything about how good these forums are. They just sit around textin' their hoodlum friends on some newfangled FPS a bunch of rubbish that has no value to today's society! And they'll always be hoggin' the video game system so that decent fellows such as myself can never get on to play quality games, like DKC2! Why, in my day, we shared the system and played our way through many glorious games together, instead of hiding out and keepin' it all to ourselves. Back then, One Player was only for only child and other misfortunates. Yep, the whole family would come over and play Two Player Team and Two Player Contest TOGETHER! If we had more than one system out, it was because we were throwin' a party and wanted everybody to feel like they belonged! And another thing, :banana: were cheap back then too! Twenty of 'em for only four dollars! Them were the days...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Red Kiddy Kong » June 25th, 2013, 8:48 am

Super Luigi! wrote::rant: Well, it took you long enough, ya lazy bum! Pah, these kids today. Like this one, they don't know anything about how good these forums are. They just sit around textin' their hoodlum friends on some newfangled FPS a bunch of rubbish that has no value to today's society! And they'll always be hoggin' the video game system so that decent fellows such as myself can never get on to play quality games, like DKC2! Why, in my day, we shared the system and played our way through many glorious games together, instead of hiding out and keepin' it all to ourselves. Back then, One Player was only for only child and other misfortunates. Yep, the whole family would come over and play Two Player Team and Two Player Contest TOGETHER! If we had more than one system out, it was because we were throwin' a party and wanted everybody to feel like they belonged! And another thing, :banana: were cheap back then too! Twenty of 'em for only four dollars! Them were the days...

Its all about DKC3!!!!!DKC2 Is ok but nothing compared to KIDDY KONG!!! :kiddywin:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 7

Postby Super Luigi! » June 25th, 2013, 8:56 am

Let me give you a tip. Don't quote the entirety of what someone says. In other words, don't quote an entire post.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Dixie Diddy » November 8th, 2013, 8:38 am

hello my name is Dixie Diddy and I'm 10 that's right 10 i was a mario fan then leaned to Dk
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Gaz » November 8th, 2013, 11:05 am

It's weird how I was introduced to Donkey Kong Country a few months before Super Mario Bros. :/. Anyway, welcome to the Forums! :)
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » November 10th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Welcome to the forums! Make sure to read the rules and have fun! As long as you do that, everyday of your stay will be a glorious heyday! I just earned $98 in pay!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Re: Donkey Kong Country 3 Beta Research & Discussion Topic

Postby Blue Banana » December 5th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Hello, I am new here, and I may have to learn a few things, also, Simion32 you are a relic, you are my #1 fan and I want to give you something :mrgreen:
Spoiler!
:gift:
. :kiddywave:
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Postby Super Luigi! » December 6th, 2013, 6:12 am

:rant: Welcome to the forums, Kiddy m' boy! You may be new, but how could you have failed, learning all you did from ol' Super Luigi! here?
Spoiler!
:gift:

Now that's how you do it! Anyhow, enjoy your stay here Kiddy. Make sure to read the rules ad have fun! By the way, have you met Red Kiddy Kong yet?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Blue Banana » December 6th, 2013, 10:47 am

No I haven't Met Red Kiddy Kong yet. :scratch:
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Postby Blue Banana » December 6th, 2013, 10:53 am

I'd like to though. :)
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Postby Rux Ton » February 19th, 2014, 1:59 am

Hey guys. My name is Rux Ton. You can call me Rukkus, ruxy, etc whatever you'd like. I have known about you guys for a few years. Searching for sprites and sfx when I was younger and always ran passed your forum but I am pretty forum shy.

A little story about myself. I am a music producer. I have been producing for about 10 years now. https://soundcloud.com/ruxton This is my latest personna. I started off because of DKC actually. DKC2 being my favorite of the 3 for SNES. If it weren't for this series's music i wouldn't have even THOUGHT of production. Anyways im really into electronic music, discovered ocremix and started to remix dkc music. I wasnt good, some guy told me to work on it and 9 years later here I am. I plan on doing a remix project very soon. I have several remixes that.. I havent shown off but I might bring them back to this laptop so i can upload them for all of you guys. I want to be a part of your community so I will make sure to come up with great content for you all. Thanks for your time and I am REALLY excited to be apart of your forum!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby Super Luigi! » February 19th, 2014, 2:21 am

Make sure you read the rules and have fun! Also, thank you for joining and actually introducing yourself here. Now we have an acclaimed artist, a notable novelist, a model maker, a game grapher, and a crazy comedian! There's no stopping the DKC Atlas with all its colorful characters! Anyhow, make yourself at home Rux Ton. If you ever want to feel confused or superior, just come talk to me. After all, I'm the Atlas' Royal Fool! who gets mistreated often by the powers that be, but that's beside the point.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Rux Ton » February 19th, 2014, 2:26 am

I appreciate the warm welcome, aye ^-^ I am looking forward to making some new friends who have the same feels I have for DKC.
Sounds like this place has an extensive list of talent. I need more content in my life that's relevant #tybg #basedkong #etc.
Im a goof as well.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby Super Luigi! » February 19th, 2014, 2:31 am

You're welcome, and I'm sure we, as a community, shall get along just fine. Annnnnnnd that's it! :dixiehappy: I have nothing else to add. Really. That's all folks! :thumbs: Honestly, and there's nothing of value in the below spoiler, so don't check it.

Spoiler!
See? I told you. Why didn't you listen?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby hugetropical0rgy » March 4th, 2014, 2:25 pm

My name is hugetropical0rgy. (you can probably get that reference, it's from a DKC related picture)
I grew up with Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Dexter's Lab....loving those shows, you can probably imagine how wonky I am. :U
Of course, I also grew up with the SNES and N64, and the DKC series to me, was the high point of the SNES Library. DKC 3's my favorite out of all of them.
I've also liked hacking many games, at first I was hacking SMW, then Yoshi's Island, now I decided to do something difficult (to me atleast) and try to hack DKC 2.
Anyway, that's me, in a nutshell.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Super Luigi! » March 4th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Make sure to read the rules and have fun! I've seen you around the past few days, so I'm glad to see you found this topic. You may want to further investigate the inner workings of our ROM community, hugetropical0rgy, and see if you might learn something new! One last note, may I call you HT0, HT, or even Huge T. instead? I'd prefer not to type the third part of your name more than I have to.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby hugetropical0rgy » March 4th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Well, you can call me anything you'd like, even "stupid buttface". :D
On second thought...maybe not that. :facepalm:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby ArnyTheMutant » June 2nd, 2014, 3:28 pm

Hello! I'm Arny The Mutant, my name is Arnold (Obviously) and i LOVE the Donkey Kong Country series, i got Donkey Kong Land when i was 4 and I've fallen in love with the series since that day.
I don't have that much experience, but i like drawing and i do my best, i also like Army Dillo because he's almost named like me; also, my English is not that good, but i'll try my best so you can understand me.
I'm studying to be a journalist and a critic, i write some short stories in my free time, some of them are DKC related (The only problem is that they are in Spanish :facepalm: ).
I hope i can get along with you guys, i'm going to try my best to help the site! :dixiehappy:
Tourist
Bananas received 10

Postby Qyzbud » June 2nd, 2014, 5:14 pm

Hi, Arny! Thanks for joining our community. I've been a fan of DKL and the DKC series since I was quite young, too — in fact, Donkey Kong Land might have been my introduction to the series, too. :)

By the way, your English is indeed understandable, and quite good for the most part; my only suggestion is that you capitalise your "i"s:

Spoiler!
I hope i can get along with you guys, i'm going to try my best to help the site!

Should be:

I hope I can get along with you guys; I'm going to try my best to help the site!

Anyhow, welcome to DKC Atlas! It's great to have you here. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » June 5th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Welcome to the forums ArnyTheMutant! Make sure you understand and follow our rules for the safety of the universe! Also, have fun writing writings and drawing drawings!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby the_kong_br » June 22nd, 2014, 7:23 am

I am Brazilian, I am currently 24 years old.

I was a child in the 90s, and the SNES and Donkey Kong series part of my childhood.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Super Luigi! » June 22nd, 2014, 8:33 am

Welcome to the forums the_kong_br! Read the rules, have the fun, and keep on being Brazilian! Here at the DKC Atlas, you can enjoy Donkey Kong Country to your heart's content, and then some!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby the_kong_br » June 23rd, 2014, 4:41 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Welcome to the forums the_kong_br! Read the rules, have the fun, and keep on being Brazilian! Here at the DKC Atlas, you can enjoy Donkey Kong Country to your heart's content, and then some!

Thank you friend!

There are several Brazilian Retrogaming forums, but the one that is specifically dedicated to the DKC series is this, DKC Altas...

and content here is of excellent quality...

'm slowly improving my English, so I could absorb as much as possible this forum :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :D
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Super Luigi! » June 23rd, 2014, 2:33 pm

the_kong_br wrote:and content here is of excellent quality...

Yes. Yes indeed. :thumbs: I'm sure you'll fit right in, the_kong_br, since you're such an avid and active member already! I must remind you, however, to refrain from quoting an entire post. Now then, see you later! :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Valerius Dover » July 28th, 2014, 7:17 am

My name is Valerius Dover. This is my introduction.

:lol: Ok, so I couldn't think of much to say. This is what I say on every forum, pretty much. Since I'm starting to do walkthroughs (starting with Donkey Kong Country) I decided why not join this forum? :thumbs:
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby Super Luigi! » July 29th, 2014, 1:53 pm

An excellent reason indeed, Mr. Valerius Dover Welcome to the forums, dear chap! :nicework: I'm Super Luigi!, as you can clearly see, and one of my many hats involves welcoming the newcomers, along with wishing everyone a Happy Birthday and helping them feel better about themselves. :swanky:

Since you have the decency to announce your presence to the entirety of the DKC Atlas, I present to you, one of my bananas. :banana: Use it wisely. Additionally, make sure to read the rules and have fun at our Country Club establishment! :kiddycool: May we meet again! :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Rapidkirby3k » January 6th, 2015, 11:49 am

The Rad'ster himself makes his grand entrance at DKC Atlas! And by the Rad'ster himself, I mean yours truly...me! With that bit out of the way, here's my introduction:

Despite being a HUGE fan of Sparkster myself, as well as other underrated games such as Vectorman and Extreme-G, I do in fact love a few notable franchises. This, being one of my top favorites, especially Donkey Kong Country and Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES. However, I only played Tropical Freeze for Wii U just a tad, where I have little time to continue due to errands and life in general butting heads. I still love the games though. :dixiehappy:

Anyway, the main reason why I joined this awesome website is not only I love the Nintendo franchise, it's really because I find this awesome place very useful and resourceful after discovering DKC Atlas through Tumblr. I'll try to follow the rules the best as I can while I'm here. Fireshot helps me remember them, thankfully.

And before you ask why I have Plucky Duck as The Toxic Revenger in my icon, he is basically one of my favorite characters from Tiny Toons. ;)

Boomsta! :diddyrock:
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby Super Luigi! » January 6th, 2015, 1:38 pm

Welcome to the forums! It already sounds like you're following the rules and having fun, so my work here is done! Well, not quite. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. :banana:

Greetings, Rapidkirby3k. I am Super Luigi, Esteemed Greeter, Birthday Wisher, Game Creator, and All-Around Joker of DKC Atlas. Although I may appear quite frightening, please don't be intimidated by my presence. Indeed, you should instead fear Qyzbud and especially Simion32, for they control the very fabric of time and space.

That's actually only somewhat true, depending on how you look at it. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your stay here with us. Now if you'll excuse me, I must return to the Fairy Land of Popples. It's in need of some construction. Hold ho, Queen Lip!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Shyguybuddy11 » January 23rd, 2015, 9:21 am

hi i'm new here on dkc atlas i may not be good at making levels but i am full of ideas for levels of any 2-d game so if you run out of ideas just ask me shyguybuddy11 :nicework:
Newcomer

Postby Markster » January 23rd, 2015, 9:23 am

Welcome to DKC Atlas! :thumbs:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Phyreburnz » January 23rd, 2015, 12:04 pm

Welcome, Shyguybuddy! Glad you made it to the forum! :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » January 25th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Dang it! Late again! Oh well.

Welcome to the forums, Shyguybuddy11! Make sure to read the rules and have fun! I look forward to hearing from you!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby GhostThrow » February 10th, 2015, 10:24 am

Hey hey everybody! I'm GhostThrow and I'm a HUGE fan of DKC and several other games series, I love creating custom levels for games I love and this place seems awesome! :diddy-r:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » February 15th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Welcome, GhostThrow! Thanks for saying hi, and for bringing your positive vibes to the Atlas. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cano'beans » March 6th, 2015, 1:15 am

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Cano'beans or you can call me Beans for short if you want. I love to draw and play video games, but mostly DK or Rare- related games. I hope to get know each and everyone of you.
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » March 6th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Glad to have you onboard, Cano'beans!

Y'know, MrsQyzbud has a cat called Beans — short for Frank and Beans. Yep, it's weird.

Anyhow, welcome to the Atlas. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes