Introduce yourself!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 31st, 2010, 11:06 am

Tatanga! Unhand Princess Daisy, you fiend!

Spoiler!
jk, welcome. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kimi Kong » June 11th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Hi. Im Kimi. Im a 17 year young girl. I basicly love everything donkey kong, from the amazing games to the show. I also like mario, zelda, and sonic. Manga is my passion and i happen to be working on a DKC manga as i speak. Its a pleasure to meet everyone. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 12th, 2010, 4:09 am

Hi, Kimi! It's a pleasure to meet you as well. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Sonicdude41 » June 19th, 2010, 9:14 am

Hello, I'm Sonicdude41. Nice to meet you all. I didn't mean to go all out on this introduction, but I guess I've been having this urge to write, so I figured that writing on my background [on DKC] would satisfy that need. lol

I was introduced to the first game long ago, when I was about 3 or 4. Of course, I don't quite remember what it was like to play it at that time. But nonetheless, I'm happy to say that I found it again years later, when I noticed that my cousin owned the game. From what I remember, he had been stuck on the level "Tanked Up Trouble" for a few years, and I thought I would try and get him through it. Well, sure enough, I did, and needless to say, he was ecstatic. It was from that point that I ended up helping him beat the game. After that, he decided not to play the next 2 games, because he thought that DKC was hard enough. I guess I don't blame him. :P

It wasn't until May of this year that I decided to pick up and play DKC2, especially since I hadn't played it when I was younger. I didn't realize that I was in for such an awesome, yet difficult game. From what I know, some people put this game down for years because it apparently had proven to be difficult. It took me nearly and month and a third to beat it, including the Lost World. I was satisfied with the game, but I craved for more. It was from there that I decided to go through the game once again -- except this time, do it with the BARRALAX cheat enabled. I'm currently stuck in Web Woods.

After I heard the announcement of DKC Returns, I made it my goal to beat DKC2 on BARRALAX mode and at least get through most of DKC3. It was because of said announcement that I ended up here. :)

Again, nice to meet you guys. I'm glad to have found a community dedicated to such a wonderful series. :)
Newcomer

Postby Rodent » June 19th, 2010, 10:47 am

Hey Sonicdude, nice intro. Welcome to the atlas!

Also, I thought I should start paying attention to the Atlas again. It's been too long guys.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Sonicdude41 » June 19th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Rodent wrote:Hey Sonicdude, nice intro. Welcome to the atlas!

Also, I thought I should start paying attention to the Atlas again. It's been too long guys.

Won't DKC Returns get added to it? :P
Newcomer

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 20th, 2010, 6:07 am

Hmm... that's an interesting question, one that I can't really answer. You'll have to take it up with the big Qyz.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » June 20th, 2010, 7:12 am

All I can say is, that I PM'd Qyzzy about that, and he said it would be done... not sure when, though.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » June 20th, 2010, 12:40 pm

All in due time, my friends. Everything takes time.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby GeoPyro » July 15th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Good night/day/afternoon people of DKC Atlas, my name is Geo Pyro, but you can call me Geo, and it is a pleasure to meet all of you. I am a 23 years old guy from Mexico, and I'm a BIG and long time fan of the Donkey Kong Country Series. My favorite DK game is DKC 2, I've lost count of how many times I've replayed it, and I still don't get bored of it. I also LOVE the music of the series, specially DKC 2's... I even composed an arrangement of Hot-Head Bop in the music maker of WarioWare DIY (which is like Mario Paint's music composer in steroids) (If you are curious to listen to it, ask and I'll post a link to a YouTube video if that's allowed).

I (re)discovered these forums while looking for info about the DKC Level Builder... actually, I haven't even tried it yet, as I'm busy with Super Mario Bros. X (Do you know it? A more than astoundingly excellent Super Mario level builder), but I'll see what I can do with the DKC Level Builder and hope that some good inspiration strikes. I bet you can make very nicely ambiented levels with it, as a great part of the DKC series' charm is the ambient.
Newcomer

Postby DKCplayer » July 15th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Welcome to DKC Atlas GeoPyro, and to those I've missed. :)
When I saw the latest post in this topic, I thought "the name GeoPyro sounds VERY familiar". I think I've been looking at the Super Mario Bros X forums a tad too much. :lol:

Anyway, I hope you have a good time here.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 16th, 2010, 4:30 am

GeoPyro wrote:I even composed an arrangement of Hot-Head Bop in the music maker of WarioWare DIY (which is like Mario Paint's music composer in steroids) (If you are curious to listen to it, ask and I'll post a link to a YouTube video if that's allowed)..

Why wouldn't it be allowed?! Post a link- I'd love to hear it!

*And welcome to the DKC Atlas.* :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » July 16th, 2010, 4:53 am

Welcome to DKC Atlas, Geo. :)

By the way, I've PM'd you some info on the DKCLB since that info doesn't belong in this thread. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby GeoPyro » July 16th, 2010, 6:25 am

Thank you for the welcome words, guys!

@DKCplayer: Are you from the supermariobrothers.org forums, too? Interesting!

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Why wouldn't it be allowed?! Post a link- I'd love to hear it!

Heheh, well sometimes, some forums don't allow users to post links from other sites, but YouTube vids are generally accepted, so here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICz-EU6P ... WLHUoQ5RZ8

The video isn't mine, it's from a person I sent the song to, then they put it in a records compilation, but I did make the song (you can see Geo to the right of the song title while playing), and fortunately it's the first one. Someone said that it sounds inaccurate, but that's about the best I could do with the Record Maker.
Newcomer

Postby DK4Ever » July 16th, 2010, 6:47 am

It may not sound exactly like Hot-Head Bop, but it sounds pretty great if I do say so myself. "Inaccurate" isn't a good word to describe it, since I don't think you were trying to make it EXACTLY like Hot-Head Bop, either way, it's pretty good, and I like it.

And of course, Welcome to DKC Atlas!
Treasure Hunter

Postby Ribbedebie » August 4th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Hiya dudes!

I'm Renée AKA Ribbedebie (also known as either Vianerd, Badger, or Rododendron among some, I'm an avid forum-goer) and after discovering this awesome fan-forum dedicated to one of my favourite video games, I decided to join. I'm currently 14 years old and live in the Netherlands. :) Because of that, my grammar may be off, but I'll try my best to be literate here.

I love all three DKC parts (though specially Diddy's Kong Quest, because I love the pirates and Diddy and Dixie are my favourite characters) and played them ever since I was a little kid. I really love anything made by Rare, though. Their games are amazing. Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Viva Piñata... I kind of love everything cute and colourful made by those guys... heh...
I also love drawing. I've been trying to draw some DKC characters, but failed. I hope I will be able to draw them in the future! Among other things, I like writing, internet, music remixes, video games, animals, art, and studying anatomy.

I'm also VERY excited for Donkey Kong Country Returns! 8D

Hope I'll have fun here! ;)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » August 7th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Although I've kind-of been "using" this forum for... eh... a week? I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Molly, I'm from the US, and I'm eighteen.I work as a library desk aid and I think it's fun. In a few weeks, I'm going to community college. Eventually, I'm going to be an art teacher. I have posted one of my drawings on the "show your non dkc related art here" thing. If anyone likes it, I'll post more, or direct you to my facebook and/or myspace... hooray... Also, I'm semi-interested in film. I've made a few (very silly) videos my last year of High School and have posted them on the "non dkc related youtube videos" thing. I'm generally a very silly and sarcastic person.

My other interests (besides dkc) include British Comedy (my favourites are Black Books, The IT Crowd, The Mighty Boosh, and Monty Python), grunge music (Blind Melon being my all-time favourite), art-ing (ceramics, drawing, origami, and a bunch of other stuff), collecting vintage video game consoles and games, and some other stuff undoubtedly I forgot to mention.

Although I'm sure that no one will read this, I felt that I should give an explanation as to why I'm... me... I guess....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 8th, 2010, 2:36 am

I read it! Very interesting. Welcome (and hello to Ribbedebie as well!) :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby teh epicnes » August 17th, 2010, 4:54 am

GeoPyro wrote:
I'm busy with Super Mario Bros. X

Hey, GeoPyro. didn't expect to see you here. (on the old SMBX forums, I was Dr. luigi, and on the new ones, i'm captain yoshi.) I also have SMBX and i'm making a game in it called super mario bros.4. Anyway, i'm the new guy on the block, teh epicnes. I was introduced to the 1st donkey kong country when i was about 3 or 4, and i just loved every second of it. When i was about 5 years old, i got DKC2. I'll gladly play any game that has a level editor. even if I absoloutley hate the franchise that it's from, I can't resist a level editor. I like using my imagination to create levels/games/whatever. I found a link to these forums in the description of this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTdmVXY4mdQ
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Phyreburnz » August 17th, 2010, 7:29 am

'Ello there, teh epicness. Nice to meet you.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Scraps69 » August 17th, 2010, 8:42 am

Welcme teh epicness. I'll just refer you to the DKC Projects and ROM Hacks section of this site ;)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby 177 » September 5th, 2010, 12:07 pm

WASSUP PEOPLE!, i am 177, i am a big fan of Donkey Kong since I was little, i am glad to be here, i am also a stepmania player and i am a pro, nice to meet you all :)
Newcomer

Postby Phyreburnz » September 5th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Welcome 177! Nice to meet ya!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby 177 » September 5th, 2010, 12:33 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:Welcome 177! Nice to meet ya!

you too
Newcomer

Postby Jomingo » September 6th, 2010, 11:18 am

Please read the rules, and make sure your posts follow basic grammar standards.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Markster » September 6th, 2010, 12:28 pm

Hi everyone, I'm mark, i'm 13 years old, and i like to play games, get on the computer, hack games, and play with my little brother, i hope to get dkc returns, a new tv, and the wii classic controller pro for christmas this year.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby ALV » September 20th, 2010, 8:51 am

Hello I'm ALV, I'm 21 years old (will be 22 in 2 weeks) and I've been a fan of the Donkey Kong Country series since watching my cousins play the first Donkey Kong Country game back in the summer of 1995. In fact Donkey Kong Country 2 was the first videogame I ever played and owned!! (what I mean by own was that my mom got it for me because I was only 7 at the time). I love the Donkey Kong Country series for the the great graphics, music, atmosphere and gameplay.
ALV
Newcomer

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 21st, 2010, 1:04 pm

Hi ALV! Sorry no one`s gotten to you sooner, but yes, welcome. I think you`ll find this is a nice little DKC-loving community. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » September 22nd, 2010, 1:36 am

Welcome, ALV! I hope that you enjoy the forums!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby teh epicnes » September 26th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Markster wrote:Hi everyone, I'm mark, i'm 13 years old, and i like to play games, get on the computer, hack games, and play with my little brother, i hope to get dkc returns, a new tv, and the wii classic controller pro for christmas this year.

Wow! I thought I was the only 13-year old here :O Anyway, Welcom to the forums Please read the rules, and HAVE FUN HERE!!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Wow how did i get here?!?!

Postby AlexR » October 3rd, 2010, 12:37 am

Hey I just woke up in this weird forum world about Donkey Kong

I feel I have a strange connection to Qyzbud but i don't know why?
Newcomer

Re: Wow how did i get here?!?!

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am

Umm... how do you expect us to know? That`s kind of weird. But Qyz has been around the block, so it`s certainly possible.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » October 3rd, 2010, 6:44 am

OK......? :|

Welcome to DKC Atlas, AlexR. I hope you enjoy your time here.

If there's any confusion, you can PM me. Not sure what exactly happened here.

Spoiler!
Since we don't need any more posts in this thread...
*LOCK* *merged to Introduce Yourself! by Qyzbud*
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » October 6th, 2010, 12:11 am

Alex, you are a strange fellow. Welcome to the Atlas, and to this weird forum world about Donkey Kong.

Enjoy your stay, my friend. 8-)
Last edited by Qyzbud on October 6th, 2010, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged from separate topic: Wow how did i get here?!?!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby rman » October 25th, 2010, 3:50 am

Hello.

My name is "rman". Been a long time DKC fan.
Newcomer

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 25th, 2010, 11:48 am

Hi rman! Welcome to the family. Most of us have been long-time DKC fans, soo... You should blend perfectly.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby QueenAvira » November 7th, 2010, 4:08 am

I have one thing to do, i will start in another way, okay begin in 3, 2, 1 GO
My Name is Queen Kuka Avira, More now how Queen Avira,i have a long hair and a temperament more ostil,i like of the fierce animals, and what i hate is: Monkeys. i live in a cave in a distant island with my friend owl named: Greg, and i like read books, when i have time. and torment the Kongs trying take the Cristal coconut. :lol:
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Kongo » November 13th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Hello eveyone! My name is Mitchell, I love Donkey Kong Country 2 and 1, I couldn't care less about 3. GO DIDDY!
Newcomer

Postby Phyreburnz » November 14th, 2010, 2:39 am

Welcome, Kongo! I agree with you about the DKCs! I can't stand 3, either!

And Queen Avira, welcome as well. I know I've talked to you on other parts of the forum, but I forgot to welcome you on this one!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby QueenAvira » November 14th, 2010, 11:27 am

Phyreburnz wrote:Welcome, Kongo! I agree with you about the DKCs! I can't stand 3, either!

And Queen Avira, welcome as well. I know I've talked to you on other parts of the forum, but I forgot to welcome you on this one!

It's okay ;)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 19th, 2010, 1:38 pm

'Sup bro.

...Welcome. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 28th, 2010, 8:02 am

Hi, I'm Chibisai Kong. I came from Kongo Valley and that's where I came from. I have another name here but forgot the password. It was Nii-chan(remember me Qyz?). My actual name is Alexandra or Alex and I live in Texas. At the time of writing this, I am fifteen years old. I have been a fan of Donkey Kong since I was a little girl. I have the Legend Of The Crystal Coconut movie and these are the games I own:

DKA (if you've beaten Frantic Factory in DK64 THEN YOU PRACTICALLY OWN THE GAME)
DK '94 (it's 'round here somewhere)
DKC
DKC2
DKC3 (same as '94)
DK64
DKJB
DK2
DK:KoK

Er, there's one other but I forgot what it was. Anyway, DKC was my first DK game.

When I was little I had a fear of orange monkeys in blue pants. A nod to playing too much DK64? Yes. That's why I won't go outside at night. I have so many DK characters it's not even funny. I write DKC fanfiction too and other categories. For some reason when I draw the characters, they always come out humanized and I can't draw how they really look.

I am very happy to be on here on DKC Atlas. In fact, I pressed the like button on the facebook page. I have been on here since, what, the day before Thanksgiving? I've been on for less than a week either way. I hope to have such a fun time with you all!

~~Teh Chibstah
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 28th, 2010, 8:06 am

Oh, and eh... I also have a bad habit of putting Teh Chibstah. Call me that or Chibi if you don't want to call me Alex or Alexandra.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Grunt Von Veizatun » December 1st, 2010, 9:42 am

Grunt Von Veizatun here! And yes, I'm THE Grunt Von Veizatun from the Donkey Kong Universe, as well as a host of other sites. I'm a film maker/ animator, who has a love for cartoons and video games. Not much else to say except I'm now a member of your forum...tee hee?
Newcomer

Postby Soniccuz » December 1st, 2010, 10:20 am

Welcome two all necomers! (all 50+ from the last time I posted on here) Chibisal Kong, do you live in a rainforest where orange apes just happen to make up a healthy part of the population? :D
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 28th, 2010, 6:48 am

No, Soniccuz, I don't. Do you think TEXAS of all places in the SOUTH would have RAINFORESTS? The orange monkey thing was from playing too much DK64 as a little girl. That game was also the first one I ever played.

Also, I now own DK: BB. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Master clyde super » December 29th, 2010, 2:07 pm

l live in TX to ya.
HELLOW!
I am new and my keyboard sucks.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby PipKong » December 31st, 2010, 12:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'm PipKong.

I am a big fan of the DKC series. I Don't remember what the first game I played was. It was either Super Mario World, Diddy's Kong Quest, or Contra III. In any case, not a bad introduction to gaming.

DKC 2 is definitely my favorite of the series, and in my opinion the best SNES game there is. I think classic games are the best, but even better than playing them is making them. I found this forum by searching for a DKC level editor in Google, and on top was a link the DKCLB thread. Finding that someone was actually making an editing program for DKC was a bit surprising. I knew there were Mario editors and I've played several Sonic hacks, but i didn't expect to find anything as promising as this for DKC. After reading through both the DKCLB and DKCRE threads i figured I'd join the community.

I am eagerly awaiting any news on either projects, keep up the excellent work Simion! :D
Tourist

Postby Mayo » January 4th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Hey sup, this is Mayo here.

I own DKC, DKC2 (on computer), DKC3, DKJB, DKL and DKCR.
Also a fan of the Mario and Sonic/Chao series, and I'm anywhere around semi-hardcore to hardcore game player, pleased to meet'cha 8D
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes