Introduce yourself!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Introduce yourself!

Postby Kowbrainz » February 16th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Hey, Kowbrainz here.

I was directed to this site by a fellow DK fan, and was immediately stunned by the sheer dedication to Donkey Kong Country. Simply by looking through the Jungle Hijinx page on the mainsite, I was amazed by the amount of content squeezed into one page. Big applaud to the admin/s... truly amazing how you can put this amount of effort into a site for a game almost 14 years old.

I'm a huge DKC fan... a lesser fan of DK64 but still a fan nonetheless. I really wanted to find another site dedicated to the games other than DKVine, seeing as the people there are ridiculous in the things they ban people over. I was 'temp banned' until 2034 for unknown reasons.. I had only created one topic. I hope DKA has a better community than that. :?

Good luck with the site, hope it all goes swell and invites a new generation of gamers to an awesome, unforgettable series,

Kowz.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Hey all.

Postby Qyzbud » February 16th, 2008, 4:02 pm

Welcome, glad to have you here. :)

Your first two posts have left me wondering how on earth you got to be banned, even from the DKU... I can assure you that I/we will not be dealing out the bannings, name calling or ridicule anywhere near as liberally here at DKC Atlas. Thanks for the introduction, I'm Qyzbud - site creator and currently solo administrator of these forums.

I'll rename this as a general introductions topic.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Kowbrainz » February 16th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Ah, thanks for the warm welcome. ^_^

Yeah, that's the other thing - big fan of Banjo-Kazooie, too, among other Rare games. DKC was my introduction to gaming, though. :) :P

Oh, and before I post this, there's this weird glitch in the forums going on for me...
For some reason I'm unable to view posts on the forum at all unless I create a new message and look at the messages in the reminder box. Not sure why this is... I use IE V.6, however I've been on other forums which use the same host and this hasn't been a problem before. :|
Any ideas?

Edit: Hmm, fixing the skin style back to prosilver fixed it up... not sure what was wrong there. :/
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tompa » February 16th, 2008, 7:07 pm

I'm Tomas, or Tompa whatever you prefer...

A 18 years old gamer from Sweden that began playing DKC one year after the Swedish release. I loved it at once. I never bought the other two though, should have.

Now more I'm speedrunning the game. As soon as I bought a DVD-recorder I'm going to make some speedruns to send in to SDA. I'm also doing a few TASes (Tool Assisted Speedruns, see tasvideos.org) of DKC and DKC3.

I also love many other RARE-games, such as Banjo Kazooie/Tooie. But when RARE left Nintendo and went to Microsoft, I've no love for them anymore...

I'm also a pianist, more or less, am playing "only" Nintendo songs on it. And have tried to learn Tree Top Town and Fear Factory from DKC. They sound awesome, but are hard to play :/. Am also playing Banjo Kazooie/Tooie songs, also a very good soundtrack!

It's going to be really interested to see how far this site goes. And I really hope you won't give it up or anything like that, or else... Hmm, yeah... whatever.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Genius_41 » February 16th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Genius_41. I'm 14, and I live in England. I only recently played the Donkey Kong Country series thanks to the Virtual Console, and I have to say it's now my second favourite game series (after Banjo). Yes, I do like Rare. ;)
The first game I ever played was Donkey Kong Land. I recently found it again in the depths of my bedroom, so I've been playing that recently.

I'm also learning piano. I've started to make MIDIs too, although my attempts are pretty poor. I also enjoy web design and mountain biking. I'm also the webmaster of Roysten's Fishbowl.
Newcomer

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 17th, 2008, 6:53 am

Hi. My name is Tiptup Jr, and I was banned from the DKU. I like Petey Piranha and think that Pac-Man should have been in Brawl. The first video game I ever played was Donkey Kong Country, when I was four years old. Good times!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby emayer » February 17th, 2008, 7:33 am

My name is E. Mayer, and I'm from the DKU forums. I love the Mario, DK, Zelda, and Metroid series tons and bunches.
Newcomer

Postby BlueTronic » February 17th, 2008, 8:51 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:I like Petey Piranha and think that Pac-Man should have been in Brawl.

That would have been a violation of copyright.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » February 17th, 2008, 9:06 am

Hi, I'm Jomingo. I'm from DKU, and I'm learning Bass Guitar. I own all the DKC's and they are by far my favorite games. DKC was the first game I ever played, and it's the only game that my brother, my dad, my grandma, and I all can play for 5 hours straight. Yes, even my grandma. I also own Barrel Blast and Konga.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » February 17th, 2008, 9:57 am

Hi, I'm Kong-Fu from the DKU... I make jokes and stuff.

I have played DKC since I was 8 and I'm really really good at it, but I take risks way too much, which often makes me lose. I'm not a fan of the series' music all that much, but a major fan of it's remixes.
I often use complex terms somewhat obscure for other citizens similar to my age, I have an abnormal AIM font, I post a lot, I spend almost all of my time online, I think the music from Glover for the PS1 (**NOT N64**) is the best video game music of all, I am constantly targeted by ruthless jerks Chiphead and Darkmark in bans, and I discuss DKC Atlas' needs, changes, and ideas with Qyzbud through PMs.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 17th, 2008, 10:01 am

I'm cfh (obviously) and I'm also 14... so the first time I actually played a DKC game was the DKC2 GBA port! Anyway, I make video games and movies. I can do some pretty cool video effects now, with things like CGI, chroma key, and color grading. I am learning more about 3D game programing, and I have many game projects started but never finished! I think this is because I spend way too much time on YouTube, forums, and AIM. But hopefully I finish the DKC level builder I am making with Simion!!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Guest » February 17th, 2008, 10:43 am

Kong-Fu, are you forgetting that Sonic and Snake are in Brawl? And Pac-Man was featured in Mario Kart Arcade GP anyway, so there would be no problem sticking him in the game.

Sorry for getting off-topic there.

Postby cfh » February 17th, 2008, 10:45 am

I don't know, I think Pacman should've been an AT, not playable though. He could chomp across the screen while all the players flash blue and white. I think Megaman should have been playable.

We should probably start a Brawl thread...
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

BUMP!

Postby BlueTronic » February 25th, 2008, 10:25 am

Bump.

Hey, look, Wrong Way's here! :)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 10:56 am

I'm surprised more people haven't join, or post much anyway.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » February 25th, 2008, 10:58 am

There are actually a bunch of DKUers that signed up but haven't made any posts. There's like five or six of them. And I wouldn't consider it a Bump, it's less than a week old.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CM August » February 26th, 2008, 7:30 pm

I'm CMAugust, and have been a fan of Donkey Kong since obtaining a SNES in 1996. It is now my favorite videogame series. Am attempting to initiate a few projects that will hopefully renew interest in Donkey Kong for many.
Jungle Explorer

Postby BlueTronic » February 26th, 2008, 11:52 pm

What's the "CM" mean?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby CM August » February 27th, 2008, 6:09 am

Something very important.

Well no, it's just a reference to Cheezmatt, a previous username.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Jomingo » February 27th, 2008, 7:57 am

Is that the same Cheezmat from the DKU, per chance?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CM August » February 27th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Yes. That's where I heard about this site in the first place actually.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Jomingo » February 28th, 2008, 8:04 am

I thought so, the majority of the members are either currently or formerly DKU members.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » February 28th, 2008, 11:42 am

There's a huuuge (and I mean, huge) DKC fanbase on youtube, basically comprised of people who attempt to speedrun the individual levels of the DKC series; taking in requests from friends/subscribers and doing whatever. That would probably be the first place to advertise outside DKU. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby cfh » February 28th, 2008, 11:46 am

Here is the thread to discuss the video ad:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12

I think we should make it soon.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Kowbrainz » February 28th, 2008, 11:48 am

I could probably whip something up one weekend if need be. Haven't uploaded anything to my account in a while... :/
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby cfh » February 28th, 2008, 12:48 pm

I think Qyz wants to plan it out before an ad is posted.. maybe I'll make one and see what he thinks.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby rarenut » February 29th, 2008, 4:37 am

Hello, Rarenut here. I just joined here becuase I like the DKC games so much, I thought what the heck? :P (Kowz might recognize me.)
Newcomer

Postby Jomingo » February 29th, 2008, 8:10 am

Welcome, new member. I hope you enjoy this little light blue and lighter blue forum we call home.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 29th, 2008, 9:56 am

Nice avatar, I dunno if you'll be able to keep it though... :P
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Kowbrainz » February 29th, 2008, 11:03 am

Hey Rarenut. ^_^

Welcome to the forums. :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » March 1st, 2008, 7:08 am

Yeah, that's an awesome avatar. Though, we do have a policy of having DK related avatars. That one guy still has his Can of Beans avatar, so who knows? We'll have to await Qyzbud's decision on this one.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby holysnap » March 2nd, 2008, 11:14 am

Hey, I'm holysnap.

To be perfectly honest, I've only really just got into the DK series so I'm not an expert at all. In fact I was stuck on Elevator Antics in the original DKC for about a year ._.. I'm primarily a Mario fan, but I have started to get in to the DK series, and I really like it! Right now I'm playing through the original and the 3rd DKC and once I am done with those I am planning on getting number 2.

ermm...yeah. That's about it.
Tourist

Postby Kowbrainz » March 2nd, 2008, 11:19 am

Welcome to the forums. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » March 2nd, 2008, 12:25 pm

Hi and welcome. I wish I could experience the DKC games for the first time again, you're in a good spot, with lots of enjoyment to experience. May I ask what system you are playing the games on? I whole-heartedly recommend the original SNES or the Virtual Console for the true DKC experience.

You're gonna love DKC2, trust me on that. ;)

Anyhow, glad to have you here.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » March 2nd, 2008, 12:31 pm

Nice name, goes with your avatar. :)
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby nickp17 » March 2nd, 2008, 2:31 pm

Hey whats up guys?

Nickp17 here. I'm 17 years old and I'm a gamer. Retro games for the most part. I also enjoy skateboarding and playing guitar. I'm here to help the site in any way I can.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » March 2nd, 2008, 2:59 pm

Thanks for joining, it's good to have you here. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » March 2nd, 2008, 3:14 pm

Velcome to my lair.... Mwa ha ha ha har... :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » March 3rd, 2008, 5:13 am

Welcome, but be warned. Once you have joined, you can never leave.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby holysnap » March 4th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Hi and welcome. I wish I could experience the DKC games for the first time again, you're in a good spot, with lots of enjoyment to experience. May I ask what system you are playing the games on? I whole-heartedly recommend the original SNES or the Virtual Console for the true DKC experience.

You're gonna love DKC2, trust me on that. ;)

Anyhow, glad to have you here.

Well I'm playing DKC on Game Boy and DKC3 on SNES....Well, actually ZSNES emulator..>.>

Thanks for the welcome. :)

cfh wrote:Nice name, goes with your avatar. :)

Thanks, haha, That's mainly the reason that I chose it.
Tourist

Postby Stone » March 7th, 2008, 10:12 am

Mhh, let's begin.

My nickname given by my friends is Stone, so my nickname here is also Stone. :D
At the moment Im 21 years old and I'm enjoying DKC since 1994/1995 (unfortunately, I cannot remember the exact year) and DKC2, too.
I found this site by watching youtube-Videos, I'm not sure if it was one of Kowbrainz (nice one's you have ^^). Also, I have bought and player DK64 but I've never had DKC3 on my SNES. So I'm glad that emulation gave me an opportunity to test it out. Of course, if I'm going to buy a Wii, i will Download this game ;)
Oh, before I forget it: I'm from germany. Don't punish me too hard if some of of my comments sound strange :D
It's nice too see such a beautiful site in development that could be a well-known place for all DKC-fans; and maybe I can help it growing too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby cfh » March 7th, 2008, 10:27 am

Welcome! You type English very well ;)
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Stone » March 7th, 2008, 10:46 am

English is THE gaming language (next to japanese maybe ;) ). So reading english articles about probably improved my writing skills.
But in an everyday conversations, I may run out of words :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Qyzbud » March 7th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Hi Stone, we're glad to have you here.

It's great to have a new member share DKC observations and ideas, so welcome to the monkey house!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 7th, 2008, 12:29 pm

Qyzbud wrote:...so welcome to the monkey house!

...monkey business is booming! :mrgreen:

GET IT!?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby nickp17 » March 7th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:
Qyzbud wrote:...so welcome to the monkey house!

...monkey business is booming! :mrgreen:

GET IT!?

haha I did.

& welcome stone! I believe you will soon find this place very addicting :D
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 7th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Heya Stone. Welcome to Crocodile Isle. 8-) :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » March 8th, 2008, 5:11 am

Welcome Hi stone, you english are gooder at Jomingo English! Kidding. Welcome to our humble aboad.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » March 8th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Uh, that's abode, Jomingo! :D
The rest of you english am perfects.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 8th, 2008, 12:53 pm

i is a smart people :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"