Introduce yourself!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Phyreburnz » January 5th, 2011, 3:30 am

Welcome to all of the new people... since the last time I posted :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Piper » January 5th, 2011, 6:24 am

Hello, I'm Piper.

I'm some random dude who stumbled upon this forum while looking for a DKC level editor. I have all three original Donkey Kong Countries downloaded on my Wii's Virtual Console and I have DKCR.

So yeah, hi.
Tourist

Postby HavocReaper48 » January 5th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Hello Piper! All DKC's huh? You'll fit in pretty good. I see you've already made a buncha posts yourself.

Heh, I just realized now I forgot to introduce myself, after being here for a bit now...

Havoc's the name, Reaping's my game! I've been a longtime Donkey Kong Country fan since I was quite young, on the good ol' SNES. I found the amazing DKC2 through GBA first and then DKC3 also through GBA, but it was only when I got my Wii when I could play the true originals. Heck, I even edit a database around Donkey Kong - The DKWiki. I love playing the games, and I recently got Donkey Kong Country Returns, which I thought was awesome. Tikis were a much needed thing, and the game has great nostalgia around every corner. Oh and, I hate Super Kong.

I think I found this place via some google searches... don't remember. The level maps are cool.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Crammalamma » January 13th, 2011, 11:01 am

Hello, I am Crammalamma.

I found this site through a link in Mattrizzle's SMW Central signature.

I am a big fan of the DKC series, but the fact that I found this website is entirely coincidental. This is my first post on here, so I put it in a fitting place.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » January 16th, 2011, 3:45 am

Welcome to all the newcomers! And welcome, Havocreaper :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby CliveKoopa » January 21st, 2011, 6:07 am

Hi I'm new here. I found this forum through Google while searching for DKC sites. I'm a big fan of the DKC games and DKC2 is my favourite game of all time as well as my favourite OST. I have never played DKC Returns as I don't have a Wii.
Newcomer

Postby Phyreburnz » January 21st, 2011, 1:04 pm

Welcome CliveKoopa! I think you'll enjoy it here. There's plenty to see and do!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby SSBMaster11 » January 23rd, 2011, 4:25 pm

Hi, I'm SSBMaster11. I played (and beat) DKC1, and played (but didn't beat) DKC3, about 10-12 years ago, so I'm not too familiar with them, but I remember that they were awesome games. I got DKCR recently, and am loving it so far. ...so yeah...that's my experience with the DKC series.

Not sure if this counts as DKC-related, but: I've been playing a lot of Jungle Beat lately, and am currently working on doing a Platinum speedrun of it.
Tourist

Postby Chibisai Kong » January 31st, 2011, 12:13 pm

SSBMaster11 wrote:Not sure if this counts as DKC-related, but: I've been playing a lot of Jungle Beat lately, and am currently working on doing a Platinum speedrun of it.

I THINK it does---it's a game in the Donkey Kong series. I like that game but there was one part I could never get past. IT was that giant flower thjat sorta resembled a chicken. O.o I used to call it the Chik-n-stik.

And welcome, SSBMaster11. ^_^
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby 7S7ui3 » February 19th, 2011, 12:24 am

Ahoy Stuie here. HUUUUGE fan of DKC so yeah :D
Tourist

Postby Phyreburnz » February 20th, 2011, 2:20 am

Welcome Stuie! I'm sure you'll have fun here.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ninni973 » February 25th, 2011, 7:33 am

I'm Ninni973!

I'm a fan of DKC, DKC2, DKC3 and DKC Returns.

I have played all of those games! :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby HavocReaper48 » February 25th, 2011, 11:00 am

Ninni973 wrote:I'm Ninni973!
I'm a fan of DKC, DKC2, DKC3 and DKC Returns.
I have played all of those games! :D

Welcome, Ninni! You'll fit in real well here. Be sure to check out the "Favorite character" forums in the individual DKC boards and the Forum Games here in Anything Goes!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Kvinxx » February 26th, 2011, 10:44 am

Hi I'm Kvinxx

I♥ DK1,DK2,DK3 & DK Returns but only I played 1,2,3

I'm a fan of Donkey Kong since I was born :D
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Phyreburnz » February 27th, 2011, 3:36 am

Welcome Kvinxx! I'm sure you'll like it here (I also love your avatar XD)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby virus_bass » March 2nd, 2011, 4:55 am

Hi
My name's Rodolfo, I'm from Chile so sorry for my english.
I'm a grat fan of Donkey Kong Country games and I have my old N64 with Donkey Kong, I collect renders from Donkey Kong games for a long time and I hope the release of a artwork or something simmilar XD
Please visit my deviant, I have a few DK related draws.
yoshiky.deviantart.com
Thank you
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby HavocReaper48 » March 2nd, 2011, 6:57 am

Hey Virus, man! Great to see a fellow DKWiki user here. The DKC Boards has plenty of things to talk about, or I recommend going to the forum games area, where I usually post, for some fun.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby virus_bass » March 2nd, 2011, 1:55 pm

HavocReaper48 wrote:Hey Virus, man! Great to see a fellow DKWiki user here. The DKC Boards has plenty of things to talk about, or I recommend going to the forum games area, where I usually post, for some fun.

Really thanks TuT I feel so integrated.
I'm gonna try ;)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Chibisai Kong » March 2nd, 2011, 2:29 pm

Welcome, virus_bass. You'll have a lot of fun here.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby MadcapTech » March 16th, 2011, 5:54 am

Hey guys. Came here from Gamefaqs. Nice to see people still love DKC as much as I do.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Phyreburnz » March 17th, 2011, 6:40 am

Welcome, MadcapTech! I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby MadcapTech » March 17th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:Welcome, MadcapTech! I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Thank you.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Katzii » March 19th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Katzii here - I've often lurked at your site here, but I figured I will join the forum and see how I get on!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Mayo » March 19th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Welcome Katzii!!

Hope you have an awesome time here 8D
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Katzii » March 19th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Thanks kindly, Mayo - this place seems to have a nice atmosphere about it so hopefully I will be around for a little while!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Qyzbud » March 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Welcome, Katzii - it's great to have you here. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Katzii » March 20th, 2011, 3:42 am

Thanks very much, Qyz - there's certainly a lot of interesting stuff to read through on the forum!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 20th, 2011, 10:22 am

KATZII!! I assume you're the same one from the DKU, even so you probably have no idea who I am... yes, welcome to the site. Glad to have you! :)

*And there probably are enough posts to sift through for several days.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Katzii » March 20th, 2011, 10:39 am

Hey there, Tiptup Jr. - I'm certainly the exact same Katzii as over on the DKU. Your name is familiar to me, though; thanks for the welcome!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Ribbedebie » March 20th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Hiya, Katzii! :D I'm also from the DKU, I'm Ribbedebie. I don't really post a lot there because I'm paranoid and am afraid I'll look out-of-place (and because I'm one of the rare people who likes the DKC TV show!)... I'm Ribbedebie here too, though. Heheh!

Cool to see you here :3
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Katzii » March 21st, 2011, 12:19 am

Hey Ribbedebie, you're certainly a familiar face around the DKU! It's nice to see you here as well, though!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Chibisai Kong » March 23rd, 2011, 9:21 am

Welcome Katzii! It's good to have you here. Hope you have as much fun as the rest of us. It's always good to meet new people. In case you didn't see my introductory post, call me Alex. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Katzii » March 23rd, 2011, 6:23 pm

Sounds good to me Alex - thanks for the kind welcome!
Trainee Trekker

Postby SimianSegue » April 4th, 2011, 6:48 am

Hi, I'm Duncan Buchanan, a 14 year old DKC fanatic. I have been looking for a site like this for a while, and I might be one of the youngest retro gamers in the country.I don't know, but anyway, I have all of the DKC music on my iPod, and my favorite DKC is the first. I have been looking everywhere for a cartridge version of any of the DKC games for under $50.00. I am from Illinois, and I will be moving to Texas in the summer. Just a quick question. What is your favorite track from each game in the DKC series? Mine are Gangplank Galleon from DKC, Token Tango from DKC2, and Dixie Beat from DKC3.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Katzii » April 4th, 2011, 7:01 am

Welcome to the forum, SimianSegue/Duncan! It's always good to find a young retro gamer! Probably your best bet for SNES cartridges for DKC games are eBay, if you've not tried already. My favourite tracks are Jungle Hijinxs and Gangplank Galleon in DKC, and Boss Bossanova in DKC2 (there are others but I forget the titles). Not a fan of DKC3 so no favourites there, I'm afraid!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 4th, 2011, 11:28 am

SimianSegue wrote:Hi, I'm Duncan Buchanan, a 14 year old DKC fanatic. I have been looking for a site like this for a while, and I might be one of the youngest retro gamers in the country.I don't know, but anyway, I have all of the DKC music on my iPod, and my favorite DKC is the first. I have been looking everywhere for a cartridge version of any of the DKC games for under $50.00. I am from Illinois, and I will be moving to Texas in the summer. Just a quick question. What is your favorite track from each game in the DKC series? Mine are Gangplank Galleon from DKC, Token Tango from DKC2, and Dixie Beat from DKC3.

THREE THINGS:

1. Welcome SimianSeuge to DKC Atlas! ^_^

2. I'm from Texas. You will love Texas. If you've seen western movies, no it's not really like that. It's much like other places only we have a place called Whataburger. :)

3. I like Jungle Hijinxs from DKC1, Swanky's Swing from DKC2, and the boss theme from DKC3.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby SimianSegue » April 4th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Thanks for the welcome, and I've been to Texas many, many times, and I love Whataburger and I know much about Texas culture. Also, if you want to I have a topic about favorite game stores, come on down!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Jomingo » April 4th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Welcome SimianSegue! Quick note: you don't need to quote somebody if they are directly above you because it's basically implied that you're talking to them.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Funkythemainmonkey » April 5th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Ummm, so hey! I'm Funkythemainmonkey(duh!), and I was brought here by my twin brother, who you may know as SimianSegue. I am not the biggest DKC fan, and I will probably be posting more in the "Anything Goes!" boards, but DKC does have a very special place in my heart.

Peace Out!
Tourist

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 5th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Jomingo wrote:Quick note: you don't need to quote somebody if they are directly above you because it's basically implied that you're talking to them.

:D Sorry, Jo.

And Funkthemainmonkey, welcome!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » April 6th, 2011, 6:45 am

Welcome, Funkythemainmonkey! You should totally check out the forum games. I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Hi, I'd Like to Introduce Myself!

Postby FefeRawft » April 27th, 2011, 10:54 am

Hello people of DKC Atlas, I'm new here! I just wanted to introduce myself to you all........... Wait, this place seems familiar?

Who remember's me? I kinda forgot about this place for a while, but I think I'm going to try to be more active here. Anyway, I'm back :twisted:
Trailblazer

Re: Hi, I'd Like to Introduce Myself!

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 27th, 2011, 11:01 am

Dude, you DO know that there's already a forum where you can introduce yourself right?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby FefeRawft » April 27th, 2011, 11:09 am

I know, did you read my entire post? I'm not actually introducing myself, it was a joke. I'm just saying that I'm back.
Trailblazer

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 27th, 2011, 11:36 am

Haha, yeah. Sorry. I, too, was here around when DKC Atlas was first created (I came from Kongo Valley) mainly just to send Qyz a strong letter dealing with what all the people on Kongo Valley were dealing with without his updates. Can't remember what I put but the next day Qyz came back to Kongo Valley for a little bit. I know my username was Nii-chan but I can't remember my password.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2011, 12:31 pm

Welcome back, but I must agree that this would have been better announced in the introductions topic!

*moves it there*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Katzii » April 28th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Welcome back, stranger!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 29th, 2011, 11:54 am

NO!!! QYZ NOW KNOWS I'M THE ONE WHO SENT HIM THAT LETTER!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hides*
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes